Poll: Which class will be the next WoW class?

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Tinker as in engineer? We have engineering.

Necromancer as in unholy DK? We have Unholy DKs.

So uh... none of the above?

10+ Year Old Account
    What about Dragonborn? Almost all dragons are being killed, it's time for them to think about their futur and give us their power.

3 specs (like in occulus dungeon) Red : tank, Bronze : spellcaster dps, Green : healer.

Bards would be cloth or leather, and is generally Melee when it comes to combat.

Necromancer is basically what a Deathknight is, and is another cloth class.

Tinker would be ranged, has a variety of new and interesting ranged attack potential and could easily use mail. You kind of stacked the deck with those three.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcs View Post
    Yes, but let's be honest, it's rather lackluster and outside of a few trinkets or enchants, it doesn't do too much.

A tinker class could have a tank spec - literally, a tank - or other cool things like mech suits, rocket launchers, can also use ranged weapons (Hey, not just 3 weapon-types exclusive for the one class!) tasers, lasers, grenades, canons, mines, rocketpacks, blade-bots, medical needle guns, healing potion injectors, absolutely tonnes of cool ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    Between WotLK (DK), MoP (Monk) and Legion (DH) have been rather large chunks of time. Two expansions in a row with race additions only happened because there's no way they could have got away with releasing Pandaria without adding Pandaren.

When it's time to start speculating about the expansion after next (if there is one), then we can start wondering about potential classes to add.
    Well what about the next expansion which is rumored to be South Seas/Azshara? Naga are supposedly a neutral race, and that opens up Blizzard to add another class.

Just saying, nothing stops Blizzard from adding classes in back to back expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orcs View Post

Necromancer as in unholy DK? We have Unholy DKs.

So uh... none of the above?
    Engineering is a profession, I wouldn't count that as a class in the same way as Necromancer = DKs.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I have said every time a new class is added or proposed...

None should be added... Blizzard has a hard enough time balancing the ones we already have, hell they had a hard time when it was only 9, nowe we have 12, and every time they add a new class they cannibalize stuff from other classes to make it... All it does is take away from the classes we already have and make the already bad balance worse.

Stop adding classes, fix the ones we already have, and stop redesigning classes every expansion that don't need redesigns... Almost all the legion class revamps were completely unnecessary, butchered their class' fantasy, and only served to make the balance worse.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-06-10 at 03:40 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Death Knights are Necromancers. In fact, they're like super- Necromancers.

Bards have never been established in the Warcraft universe, and given Blizzard's stance on buff classes, I highly doubt you'd ever see one in WoW.

So yeah, Tinker all the way.
    There are bards in the game. And you are being very dishonest by stating that a Bard can only be a buff class when it's beyond obvious it can easily fit within WoW's 'holy trinity' of specs. It can easily fit a healer/ranged/melee, for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    There are bards in the game. And you are being very dishonest by stating that a Bard can only be a buff class when it's beyond obvious it can easily fit within WoW's 'holy trinity' of specs. It can easily fit a healer/ranged/melee, for example.
    Is there an example of a Bard in WoW using music in that fashion (healer/ranged/melee)?

At this point I think I'm mostly in favor of the engineery dudes. Ranged, obviously. Mail wearing, super obviously.

Even though what I personally want is a sword-and-board DPS class. But we have enough goddamned melee.

That said I'd be down for a bardy thing. If they could make it make sense in WoW. A buff class wouldn't make sense given how many buffs they've removed. It'd require a big class design philosophy overhaul

Is there an example of a Bard in WoW using music in that fashion (healer/ranged/melee)?
    Well, we got Russel Brower, for one. He can be seen using music to regenerate the group's HP (and boost their damage too, but don't quote me on that), plus in Firelands he can be seen using music to generate frost spells. Then there is Hearthsinger Forresten who uses music to put enemies to sleep.

As for the 'holy trinity', you can easily take a look at the bard trope. A bard usually is good at healing, archery and fencing.

Seems pretty clear that the next addition, if they have one, will be a race, not a class.

With the proliferation of classes, too much more will get unwieldy in a hurry. Heck, the case can be made that it's already unwieldy. I'm glad they restricted DH to two specs because why relive the Warrior problem with a tank and two melee specs.

We'll see where they go by the hints.

Like I think the Valarjar (or whatever race the big'uns are) are likely one of if not the race to be added next. Like with goblins and worgen, we got little tells.

Heck, we have Valarjar NPCs in multiple class halls (Warrior, obviously, but also Hunter and others).

The path to playable race seems to be in several instances, mob -> NPC -> playable.

As for classes, Tinker seems most likely with Gnomes and Goblins being the only ones who can be one, much like DHs can only be Elven.

Deleted
    I'd rather see a 4th spec, that would be awesome, but probably it won't be a thing anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, we got Russel Brower, for one. He can be seen using music to regenerate the group's HP (and boost their damage too, but don't quote me on that), plus in Firelands he can be seen using music to generate frost spells. Then there is Hearthsinger Forresten who uses music to put enemies to sleep.

As for the 'holy trinity', you can easily take a look at the bard trope. A bard usually is good at healing, archery and fencing.
    So what exactly makes this "music" different from your standard healing spell? Keep in mind, Priests and Monks already have music -based spells. I mean, what amazing gameplay innovation makes Wedding Hymn from a Bard any different from Hymn of Hope from a Priest for example?

7+ Year Old Account
    If I had to bet on the next new gimmick I would say playable Naga and/or new skins for races like wildhammer dwarves or grimototem-looking tauren. More cosmetic stuff.

From the classes you listed I voted for Bard. There is nothing remotely interesting about a Tinker. It just sounds incredible lame. At least bard would be something new and interesting and not just engineers in mech suits. And between warlocks, shadow priests, and death knights a necromancer just sounds like more of the same.

Bards don't exist in Warcraft.

Could be Necromancer, which would be too similar to Unholy DK since they're literally necromancers. Idk, have a tanking spec, let the player play as whatever skeleton/undead necromancers use. Do something similar with a dps spec.

Tinker could happen too. The gnomes take back Gnomeregan, make it a capital city. Goblins could try to rebuild Kezan? or expand that settlement they got in Azshara and make it a capital city as well. I'm not sure it would make a lot of sense lorewise to push a Gnome/Goblin expansion but i'd like it.

Besides, i wouldn't be opposed to these.

Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2017-06-10 at 06:05 AM.

Don't know how a Bard would work in WoW, and a Necromancer is just a DK mixed with a Warlock. Demon Hunters already wrecked Warlocks, don't want to see DKs get wrecked to shoehorn another emo class into the game.

Voted Tinkers. They make sense as a class, and Goblins and Gnomes need some love.

So what exactly makes this "music" different from your standard healing spell?
    Resto shaman, resto druid, mistweaver monk, holy priest, discipline priest, holy paladins. You have five healing specs in this game. Holy Priest and Holy Paladins directly share the same type of healing. So why is this again a problem?

Keep in mind, Priests and Monks already have music -based spells. I mean, what amazing gameplay innovation makes Wedding Hymn from a Bard any different from Hymn of Hope from a Priest for example?
    Considering I've seen zero Monk spells that are about songs and priests have one song spell, consider this: did the mage having a fire spec stop the Warlock from wielding fire magic? And the Shaman from wielding fire magic? Did the priest having holy spells affect the paladin in any way?

The point is: the priest may have a 'song' spell, but that doesn't matter. Why does it not matter? Because it's just one song spell, and song spells are not the priest's theme.

Besides, it's funny that you defend the idea that "priest has one song spell, therefore bard cannot song exist", yet you stomp your foot on the ground and vehemently deny the idea that just because the Hunter has tech abilities like sticky bombs, bombardment, dragonsfire grenade, explosive trap, etc, it means the tinker cannot exist. That's called "having a double-standard".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Bards don't exist in Warcraft.
    Russel Brower and Hearthsinger Forresten are but two examples of bards in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Don't know how a Bard would work in WoW.
    Three specs: healing, ranged, melee. Or healing, spellcasting, ranged. Or healing, spellcasting, melee. The bard trope is a 'jack of all trades', he can easily fit into any role, save tanking.

Let's see, we've had

Melee/Tank
    Melee/Healer
    Melee/Tank

Maybe we need a change next time

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Three specs: healing, ranged, melee. Or healing, spellcasting, ranged. Or healing, spellcasting, melee. The bard trope is a 'jack of all trades', he can easily fit into any role, save tanking.
    So he'd sing to you while he's stabbing you with a knife or shooting you in the face?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    So he'd sing to you while he's stabbing you with a knife?
    He'd cast a spell while cutting your head off with a blade, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Yes, but let's be honest, it's rather lackluster and outside of a few trinkets or enchants, it doesn't do too much.
    Lackluster?????

On a daily basis I'm using nitro boosts, blingtrons, MOLL-E, Jeeves, Reeves, gunpowder charges, dimensional ripper area 52

ive also got stacks of gunshoes.

its pretty nice.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.