Poll: Which class will be the next WoW class?

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Necromancer has the highest chance of happening, based on comments Blizzard has already made.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orcs View Post
    Necromancer as in unholy DK? We have Unholy DKs.
    We also had Demonology, look how that turned out.

Please, no more classes.

I more or less have the same philosophy with them as I do races. Make what you already have, better and more diverse. Stop adding crap for the sake of it being a NEW BIG FEATURE to headline with your next expansion.

A new buff or healer class is all I want

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Necromancer has the highest chance of happening, based on comments Blizzard has already made.

- - - Updated - - -

We also had Demonology, look how that turned out.
    You really think Blizzard is going to remove all the undead abilities like raise dead, bone shield, army of dead, death and decay, control undead, etc. from DKs? That would hollow-out the class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Im going to be blunt. What in the world does the tinker or necromancer have to offer? Dks are basically necromancers. They raise the undead to fight for them and unleash diseases to plague their enemy's. There is Nothing left for a necromancer. What, Unholy dk 2.0? Gut the unholy class and make it play nearly exactly like frost dks except 2h instead of 1h?

Then tinker. What would they have? Engineers have bombs and rocket launchers as well as other gadgets. What, would they get? A mecha suit?

Bards are typically a support class. Sadly, there is no place for a support class in blizzards current meta. If they were to even add a support class, they would need to bust out 2-3 just so people have an option as well as rethink their entire core.

My vote is something that is completely new. I could at least see how a demon hunter would work. They were a melee who could Become the demon. However, I simply see no way for most of the things on your list to exist in current wow. 2 of them share too much with another class or profession and one is a role that simply wouldn't work.

They should go with those timewalkers we saw on the timeless isle.
    To be fair, blizz never had problems with taking away things from old classes to give it tot he new ones, like death coil and metamorphosis.

I do like bards, but I don't remember last game where they were done well. Maybe Ragnarok? They might go the way of FFXIV, where bards are buffers only in the vaguest form of it.

None of the above, just start giving the classes we have some 4th specs

Give warriors the Social Justice spec, this will balance the game because they will have buffs that only effect under represented classes. They have special class quests where they can raid top performing classes order halls and smash them up.

Ugh hu, and those comments would be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Give me playable murlocks and be done with it allready.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I'd like a Necromancer class, I sadly cant see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Emode View Post
    Give warriors the Social Justice spec, this will balance the game because they will have buffs that only effect under represented classes. They have special class quests where they can raid top performing classes order halls and smash them up.
    You spelled Retribution Paladin wrong .

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Okay, but you still haven't answered what makes music so different from other types of healing spells.

For example, Druids specialize in instant cast healing over time spells. Shaman use totems. Monks use martial arts (fist weaving). What exactly would set Bards apart from existing healing classes? What makes "music" in of itself different than a standard spell?
    Your argument doesn't make much sense. What makes Druid healing so different from Monk? Since, y'know, both have quite an array of 'healing-over-time', spells. What makes one healer different from the other is not theme, at all. Since, y'know, holy paladins and holy priests and their holy healing. It's the individual abilities and what they do.

I know, because WoW has never established music as being anything other than another way of calling something a spell. There's nothing distinct about it beyond its title.
    Regardless. It's also a great excuse to bring back something that was, for the most part, removed from the game: auras.

Discipline is a ranged healing spec. You deal damage with spells, and that damage heals your allies via Atonement.
    I meant as different specs. Not being one and the same. And you still haven't answered the question: what does "differentiation" mean to you? What do you accept as "differentiation"? I can't answer your question until we agree on what is acceptable and what is not as "differentiation".

Really? We can do that with Tinkers and Necromancers because Blizzard has established their potential playstyle via WC3 and other formats.
    Yeah... and said 'gameplay' is already taken by other classes. Druids already have 'fighting in another form', for example, and Shamans have your 'turrets'. Etc.

Why can't we do that with Bards?
    We can. You just keep trying to deny those ideas by insisting that bards must be 'buff classes' and that priests and monks already have one song spell each, therefore bards can't exist.

Here's the problem; What makes the Bard a unique class is its ability to buff other players continuously.
    See, you keep insisting that bards must be "buff bots". No, it doesn't. The bard trope is a 'jack-of-all-trades' kind of guy, which is why he easily fits into the WoW's hero mold. He can easily have a healing spec, a spellcasting spec, a ranged spec, and/or a melee spec. Easily any three combination of the four possible specs listed.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2017-06-10 at 03:17 PM.

I hope they don't add new classes or specs for a while.

36 specs are already a nightmare to balance, and even worse, many share identity and 'class fantasy'. Leather... agile... lots of movement.... ww monk? take demonhunter aswell!

So i rather they take a break on new classes.

Also, every new class (and even survival hunter rework) gave us melee classes. DK, WW Monk, DH, surv hunter... too bloated already.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I swear the moment we get a "buff" class, the forums explode in "Fucking worse idea EVAH" - but maybe you could present us a concept on how that would be an interesting class to play?
    It's interesting in a lot of other games, it only really works if you have strong group gameplay though. Your own damage/healing is usually on the lesser side, but you excell at buffing your allies at the right moment to maximize theirs. I met quite a few people that enjoy such gameplay over the years in asian games, certainly not much less than people that play healers usually.

It just won't work in WoW because it's against a lot of Blizzards design goals. I mean they kinda tried it with Rets at the beginning of WoD and scrapped it now since they realize it just doesn't work for them. I doubt they will try again anytime soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BedlamBros View Post
    So we got Demon Hunters, and it turned out to be another leather melee class. After DKs, Monks, and DHs (and Survival changing to melee) people are clamoring for a new ranged class. Others say that the class should be mail, since only Shaman and Hunters can use the armor type.

So, the question is what class should be next? Here are the three leading candidates:

Tinker: Gnome and Goblins using machinery and advanced technology to fight enemies.

Necromancer: Sinister spell-casters that use the dead to defeat their foes.

Bard: Talented musician who uses the power of song and music to buff up their allies.

Which one do you think will be the next class?
    What about Runemaster? They were to be the second new class added in Wrath of the Lich King but they were eventually scrapped. You can still see some of their abilities on NPCs occasionally.

Why wouldn't Blizzard continue with that?

We have enough classes -- if they want to add new options, then add them to the existing classes.

Want a necromancer? Make a ranged DK that uses spells.
    Want an Axe thrower? Hello ranged rogue spec.
    Want a new spell caster? Give warriors a battle mage option.

Take three current melee only classes and give them a little flavor and some class flexibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloswin View Post
    We have enough classes -- if they want to add new options, then add them to the existing classes.

Want a necromancer? Make a ranged DK that uses spells.
    Want an Axe thrower? Hello ranged rogue spec.
    Want a new spell caster? Give warriors a battle mage option.

Take three current melee only classes and give them a little flavor and some class flexibility.
    I agree with the general sentiment, but really? A caster option for warriors? The class that has zero magical apitude?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Ugh hu, and those comments would be?
    That Necromancer was one of the Hero classes considered to add in to the game. It's not much, but more then either the Tinker or Bard has.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You really think Blizzard is going to remove all the undead abilities like raise dead, bone shield, army of dead, death and decay, control undead, etc. from DKs? That would hollow-out the class.
    Didn't stop them from utterly changing Demonology or removing Warlock abilities and giving them to Death Knights.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, just that the possibility is there.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    None until 2020 or 9.0, whatever comes first.

That Necromancer was one of the Hero classes considered to add in to the game. It's not much, but more then either the Tinker or Bard has.
    That was before they decided to go with the Death Knight class.

Didn't stop them from utterly changing Demonology or removing Warlock abilities and giving them to Death Knights.
    What abilities were given to the Death Knight?