what a fucking terrible launch

While I can't progress through the expansion (which sucks) I have been able to work on leveling Red Mage so not sure if Square owes me much since it is early access and not the official launch. If its not fixed by Tuesday then yeah there will be issues but plenty of people are playing through the expansion just fine so its not like its broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    No matter how bad it is it's nowhere near as bad as Lich King launch was. The "additional instances cannot be launched" error lasted for months.

Also EU servers don't seem to be having any issues so all is fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    when u on a pvp rampage as a healer

New post.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...9177f334bfe126
    We have confirmed an issue wherein if “The Pool of Tribute” is completed while progressing in the main story quest “The Lord of the Revel”, an error may be displayed when returning from the content, and users will be unable to log in again.

Our investigation thus far has revealed that this issue occurs when entering “The Pool of Tribute” while performing an emote action. Due to this, we ask that users please finish their emote actions before entering “The Pool of Tribute”.

*So far, our investigation has shown that this issue occurs most often when using the “/sit”, but it can happen with any emote action

It has been confirmed that user will be able to log in again by forcefully changing the area in which their character logged out, so we will be doing this as a temporary means of addressing the issue until it is resolved.

We will need to provide support to each character individually, so we ask that user who are currently unable to log in due to this issue to please make a report on forum below.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

What the fuck rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    What the fuck rofl.
    Yep, how do u even test for a bug like that lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    See that is a RANDOM ass thing who knew it could do that

I wonder how many people are gonna troll the devs by intentionally doing an emote during the fight...

Also, how the hell does an emote do that?

Unrelated news, having spent almost as much time in queue to get on Balmung as I have playing, my FC and I decided to take free transfer to Zalera. Already found some housing plots similar to what we had before that we'll scoop up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    What the fuck rofl.
    I mean...people were crashing the servers by fishing in a specific spot, I can't say I'm surprised that it was an emote doing that shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep, how do u even test for a bug like that lol.
    EXACTLY and gods only know how many other things nay tie into it. Like what if act has to be running as well or OS related for some reason..this shits fucking random as all hell

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I wonder how many people are gonna troll the devs by intentionally doing an emote during the fight...

Unrelated news, having spent almost as much time in queue to get on Balmung as I have playing, my FC and I decided to take free transfer to Zalera. Already found some housing plots similar to what we had before that we'll scoop up.
    Programming weird a single change can alter the entire program

Like the old joke about giving a monkey a button that causes an orgasm when you hit it, the monkey slams the button until he dies.

Hope you and yours enjoy your new home.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    EXACTLY and gods only know how many other things nay tie into it. Like what if act has to be running as well or OS related for some reason..this shits fucking random as all hell

- - - Updated - - -

Programming weird a single change can alter the entire program
    I know it's cool to be all salty with the devs and what not right now given the difficulty of Raubahn Savage and Pipin Savage, but that one's just too fucking bizzare to hang on them as a "they should've tested this!" type of deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Like the old joke about giving a monkey a button that causes an orgasm when you hit it, the monkey slams the button until he dies.

Hope you and yours enjoy your new home.
    That sounds like a non-terrible way to die.

My friend almost made himself enough gil in 10 mins to buy a house, so it's looking good so far, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it's cool to be all salty with the devs and what not right now given the difficulty of Raubahn Savage and Pipin Savage, but that one's just too fucking bizzare to hang on them as a "they should've tested this!" type of deal.

- - - Updated - - -

That sounds like a non-terrible way to die.

My friend almost made himself enough gil in 10 mins to buy a house, so it's looking good so far, lol.
    EXACTLY I mean how crazy can a cause be this is just funny.

Though reminds me of unholy dk in Wrath beta they had a skill that at rank 2 and ONLY rank 2 would crash the server..EVERY TIME it had to be disabled took blizz like a week to fix. Joke became dk were so op blizz couldn't nerf em

Getting this random error in the past few hours. Didn't get any of this the first two days and now all of a sudden this has been cropping up. To be honest I forgot how to link imgur because they don't have the bbcode that I can find. Anyways here is a link. http://imgur.com/a/5JCKH

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Man I've been getting those errors randomly since late ARR, usually in heavily populated areas. Never found a solution for it, and it's not common enough for me to search too hard for a fix.
    I mean the population was heavier earlier in the day since it was peak hours. So I'm not sure if that is it or not. I never crashed in Quarrymill in the past couple weeks and there were clusters of people there too for PotD. This only started today so I'm stumped.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    I was there for all launches since WotLK. Never have I experienced so such a hard roadblock for such a long time.
    bullshit.

Cata was swamped at the starting areas. Mists had the airship issue. WoD had the garrison issue. Legion seemed to be mostly smooth. Patches have had serious issues, including server crashes. Some servers stayed offline for long periods of time. Some servers were crashing regularly. I happened to be on some of the servers that had continuous issues and if you don't believe, don't care, because there are threads on the official forums that can be found about these issues, and I'm sure there are threads here as people don't hesitate to complain here.

You preordered the game. Grats. So did I. You didn't pay extra, and you are not getting anything less. You may be stuck on the quest problem, and yes it sucks, but be a mature adult about it. I'll quote your signature "People will always complain. Even when you change the thing they're complaining about," ... sums it up.

You acting like they aren't working on it because they don't make a post every hour stating they are working on it, pretty much sums it up. They say they are working on it, and shit takes time. WoW's responses have been similar, and they have had issues many times that took days/weeks to resolve. People acted/responded to them the same way you are with FFXIV right now, being impatient and expecting constant updates for no reason than to say 'still working on it, fix not ready yet'.

I bought the game, because I intend to play it, early access to stormblood stuff was a bonus. It's cool if you wanted to rush the content, but there is a technical issue you can't. It's the way it is, until a fix comes in. As an adult, we accept the things we cannot change and deal with it. They aren't sitting in their offices rubbing their palms and laughing maniacally at us. I'm sure Yoshi is stressed out about it, the dude seems to actually give a shit about the game; even with people acting like spoiled toddlers. Takes thick skin, like Ghostcrawler said, to love your product and deal with the temperamental entitled public.

All games like this have problems. All of them. WoW, SWtOR, Tera, Rift, etc ... none are perfect, they've all had good and bad launches and patches; no matter the size of the teams, how long the betas/testing phases, or how big/small the patch is. Things happen. An adult understands this, no matter how disappointed they may be at the fact the problem is affecting them in a negative way.

Roadblock for a day and half, and some are getting through ... sounds a lot like WoD and Mists to me. Some got through the garrison roadblocks and the airship bug, some had to wait for fixes.

As a former PR-Student, you should realize that all you can do sometimes is apologize and let people know you are working on a solution. Repeating it over and over doesn't help, and sometimes can get frustrating. Explaining the issue and how it is currently being dealt with while a more suitable fix is being done is pretty much all you can do. People are working on it. You can't just throw more money and more people at it and it be resolved that much faster; let the team working on it do their job.

BTW, it isn't an assumption if it is a self description. Not my fault you haven't updated it, and it doesn't change much anyway. Either you haven't dealt with much going wrong in your personal or work life, and/or you have no empathy for others that have.

It isn't excusing them for it; it is just accepting the facts. They got overwhelmed. More people joined stormblood than they expected. This exact thing happened to wow for WoD, ignoring the garrison issue. Shit happens. No company or person is perfect. Problems don't get solved by wishing them to be so. Make the best of it and try to be happy with your life.
    My PC Build 4790k @ 4.7 GHz @ 1.28v; 1080 @ +175 core, +500 memory

Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    You can't just throw more money and more people at it and it be resolved that much faster; let the team working on it do their job.
    As the adage goes, 'One woman can make a baby in nine months but nine women can't make a baby in one month.'

As I've said, I sympathize. I have time aplenty on my hands to play, but I know a lot of people don't; between work, home, family and/or friends needing their time, it makes it all the worse when the time you DO have ends up leaving you with only frustration. But it all comes back to them dealing with the same launch day issues most games have alongside the general unpredictability of life. Another adage I'm fond of, 'No plan survives contact with the enemy.'

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm so bloody tired of POTD and my RDM is only 56(curse you shitty launch).