Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's what my friends played when I started(Horde), stuck with it cos I got used to it(apart from about a year of playing Alliance during late MoP/early WoD, also because of friends) although I wouldn't mind going Alliance if needed(changing is way too expensive, though). I have all classes at 110 on both factions, though.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-05-18 at 07:34 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Probably answered that question about 10 times over the past 12 years.. but alas, I just wanted to play a night elf druid, because I couldn't stand the way the horde looked. Sadly all my friends were like "ugh! Horde man, totally Horde! Orcs. Men. Bulls! *grunt**grunt*", so I settled for a forsaken warlock at the time, because it was the least shit looking horde race and at least somewhat interesting (I came from playing healer in every other game until then).

The only good thing is that I didn't went with healer in the end, because healing in wow is just a shit browser game.

Since they fixed male BEs a bit with the update I now can at least play my DK with elbows and knees and non-torn armor.. the small victories I guess.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-05-18 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojii View Post
    Hey all,
    I'm just curious at what made you choose your current faction? I originally chose alliance, but swapped to horde because my friends played there. But now none of them play anymore and considering swapping over to alliance again. But what made you choose yours?
    Just friends and Blood Elves mostly, hehe.

Otherwise I don't really care. A "true" player experiences both sides of the story and seeks to see both perspectives as the Alliance and Horde
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Deleted
    I initially played a nelf druid in vanilla because they appealed to a young me and as I played the areas were gorgeous. Then I got a boyfriend by TBC who wanted to play too but wanted to be a tauren warrior so I changed to belf hunter. Now we're still together, we both play horde characters as we like but have both decided we would rather be alliance but as horde races.

This is because we mostly hate what orcs, undead and goblins have done in general while we have been gentle tauren (or passive belfs and pandas) :P Alliance places are just so much prettier, made more obvious in WoD with the garrisons. Horde don't even get beds or...hardly any walls, why do alliance get walls and we don't? Makes me laugh.

Coincidence.

When I got mine account (played a bit on someone's else as guest, first char ever was Tauren Shaman as i wanted the most "exotic" looking character) I decided I want to be a Druid. Back then (early BC) only 2 races could be Druids. So I made 2 - one male Tauren and one female Nelf. Opposites in almost every way. And decided that I will delete the one I find less appealing. Criteria were not specified - overall character feeling, faction lore, faction design, gameplay... I set a deadline: lvl 10. I reach lvl 10 on both and then decide which will survive.

And Bear Form quest (yeah, back then we had quests for forms. You skipped it - you missed your shapeshift) was a doom for a Tauren. I remember you had to kill one moonkin to get quest item from his dead body which handed in will grant you your first shapeshift. This was a lvl 10 quest. While on Night Elf I did on my first attempt, Tauren got his ass handed to him on silver platter every time. I remember grinding boars and other trash mobs to get to lvl 11 and be more powerful. More mana, more health nad DPS should do the trick. Nope. 5 Attempts at lvl 11 and 5 fails.

Weird as I know the class well, played two of them simultaneously. Same mob, same stage, yet two different outcomes. But decision was to be made and Night Elf won. This way I ended as Alliance. Later I made 2 more Alliance characters - Paladin and Hunter. Byt my 4th alt was Horde Warlock. Now I have all 12 classes on my main server with 8:4 ratio. i also have alt server where majority is Horde but those are mostly experiments with low level specs I wanted to try.

So I'm more Alliance with some Horde side step.

Blood Elves. Easily the coolest race because of their lore and how cool they look with armor etc.

The friend who bought me the game, the expac >and< I think paid for around 2 years of my game time was Alliance, so that about settled that, ya know? He knew I needed something to occupy my mind and I couldn't afford an MMO sub, so I owed him for that.

We did make a trio of Hordies though and level'd up to around .. uhh .... 45ish? .. I later went back and level'd that Horde character all the way up to level cap and I have a few Horde on other servers but I haven't level'd them due to how time consuming Legion's end game is ATM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't want to play as some half wit savage, I wanted to be a hero. Therefore I chose the Alliance.

That said, with the advent of Elves, Goblins and Pandas, I've done a fair bit of Hording over the years.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Deleted
    I didn't like humans and wanted to play undead.

Deleted
    Horde.
    I had no choice, I was born this way...

Started alliance cuz that's what my friends were at the time. Got up to mid 30s and thought that was hot shit. Ended up getting my spriest to 70 with some decent enough gear, was taken to get attunement for Kara, then started heroics and Kara and people were like... this is your first toon? Damn, you are a natural. I also had a 29 twink ne hunter.

I got hacked. At the time I'd only had a 30s BE mage and a tauren druid. My 70 lost everything and she felt dirty. I leveled a new BE shadow priest up to 70 in like 2 weeks, when she dinged she had gold for flying and mats for all of the craftables (the stuff was restored on my 70, but she was too dirty, so I never "played" her again) but sending stuff to my horde toons from my alliance toon (goblin AH transfer) and I never looked back.

I really liked the horde more anyways, since every game you ever play has you being the same set of dumb alliance races, so I was happy to have these cool new race options. Of course, Everquest had a ton more, but i hadn't played that until years after starting wow. Other games have come out with their own silly bunny people or star wars, but I kinda feel this is the one thing that wow managed to do first and correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

One Word: Friends

I wanted to play a paladin and didn't own tbc expansion at the time so I had to reroll alliance

I went Alliance because Horde are a bunch of uglies. Also too much Lok'Tar ogar gorilla chest beating.

Alliance because the dwarves and the cities were just more appealing.

that said, i play both sides so it doesnt really matter to me. Goblin masterrace.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I enjoyed the Night Elf starting area and lore from the beginning, also the (now) husband was Alliance as well, so that was the biggest perk. I tried to play a variety of Blood Elves once TBC launched, as well as a Troll Shaman, however, the Horde lore, desolate starting locations and capitals, and generally hypocritical politics irked me (and still do, much moreso than not).

If I feel like being "evil" or generally bitchy, I'll play my Horde girls: a Blood Elf Warlock and Blood Elf Demon Hunter. I have a Blood Elf Death Knight, but she would be a High Elf if I could somehow manage it, along with many other characters.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    I chose the Alliance, and still choose the Alliance to this day. Why?

Because the Alliance, unlike the Horde, are founded on core principles of justice, freedom and cooperation. We help each other, and join forces not out of necessity, but out of goodwill and kindness of our own self-being. Qualities I fail to find within the Horde whatsoever.

Gameplay-wise though, I chose Alliance because all of the Horde races looked ugly, and the Draenei looked way cooler.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

Deleted
    Spacegoat girls of course.
    Well, no. Made my first toon about midway through WotLK. All my old pals who already played WoW since early Vanilla were Allies and I liked nelves since WC3 (anyone remember the nelf mod for Morrowind btw?), so I made my first (of course!) hunter a nelf. Then I saw what they did with the Eredar and Draenei so decided to make some spacegoat toons, starting with Mr. DW Frost Tank.
    As the time passed I noticed just how many thug-wannabe 12yo chose Horde and decided it was a good call to go (mostly) ally - although LK-era Varian gave me some serious doubts.

Undead > all, but I have few Ally alts too.

My main race in Warcraft 3 was Nightelf so i sticked with them in World of Warcraft.