Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'd prefer they didn't make the Sam scene any longer, lol. I was snacking when it came on. Thank god I wasn't eating something liquidy.
    I was eating pizza and I was actually getting annoyed. Really didnt have to need to hear him gag a dozen goddamn times. Why is the prestigious Hightower such a shit hole anyways, lol.

I saw some complaints about continuity with Arya's scene. Though I disagree that they needed to show her acquiring all the poison, I would have much preferred that exposition over Sam's, which could have been conveyed with a couple condescending lines of dialogue from his superiors, and shots of him carrying books.

The episode was 60 min but felt like half that. Watching all the trailer analysis ruined the episode for me - since I saw everything coming. Amped for next week now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    By the way was that an undead Wun Wun at the start? Because if it was I'm gonna be mad.
    Wun Wun died and was presumably buried at/near Winterfell, the walkers aren't past the wall yet..

Deleted
    I was expecting an undead Hodor to be in that White Walker scene, would have been more impactful than WW giants imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Waited for the return of Lady S. in the house...

Quote Originally Posted by Coeryn View Post
    If that's the case then that should've been set up as a fact earlier on; anything else is sloppy writing.
    It's been well established that every castle has a maester, and that maesters stock lots of poison.

Arya does not have experience with poison, does she? SHe knows how to use it, but not where to find it etc? THat should've also been set up earlier to have maximum payoff for the Frey poisoning. Sloppy.
    I would imagine learning poisons would be a significant part of training to be a faceless man. But if you live or travel in rural areas, you are learn early on what plants, berries, mushrooms etc are poisonous. Even I was taught this as a child.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2017-07-17 at 04:27 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post
    You don't get out much do you? And thats not meant as an offense. Seeing the ammount of media coverage he gets and the large ammount of fans he has u pretty much have to be a hermit not to have heard of him.
    I had to look Ed Sheeran up on Google as well. No idea who he was. Checked out a couple of his songs via youtube and didn't recognize a single one.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2017-07-17 at 04:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asaliah View Post
    Waited for the return of Lady S. in the house...
    I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the show creators are cutting that bit out of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Wun Wun died and was presumably buried at/near Winterfell, the walkers aren't past the wall yet..
    Some bloggers are trying to claim it's confirmed Wun Wun - but that wouldn't make sense. Can only assume the Night King has come across other giants which he raised.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I had to look him up on Google as well. No idea who was. Checked out a couple of his songs via youtube and didn't recognize a single one.
    Don't feel bad, I get out quite a bit and didn't recognize him, lol. For one, I don't listen to mainstream music and two: I'm in the US where he's not quite as worshipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the show creators are cutting that bit out of the story.
    I was under the impression that Arya is filling that role, and if they wanted to introduce Lady Stoneheart, they would have done so when Sandor ran into the Brotherhood.

The New Rockstars, who do the BEST episode analysis out there, noted that Sandor pissing into the river during that episode was like the message to the fans who were waiting for that storyline.
    Last edited by Zayv; 2017-07-17 at 04:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zayv View Post
    I was under the impression that Arya is filling that role, and if they wanted to introduce Lady Stoneheart, they would have done so when Sandor ran into the Brotherhood.

The New Rockstars, who do the BEST episode analysis out there, noted that Sandor pissing into the river during that episode was like the message to the fans who were waiting for that storyline.
    Right, would have made much more sense to have introduced her then if they were but I think her and Arya differ in that Arya still retains some humanity where Stoneheart was, well, stonecold and remorseless

Also the pissing scene was funny. I remember the reddit discussions trying to analyze what it means haha

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    So.... that gift Euron was talking about, betting that it's the dragonbinder?
    He was obviously talking about Tyrion, considering all his talk about killing your own family. I figure Dany's head would be a cherry on the top for Cersei, but I don't really think he wants to fight her. Let's just keep in mind that books Euron sent Victarion to bring him the most beautiful woman in the world for him to marry, and he said that in this episode. Why does he bother with Cersei? I can't think of a reason other than to make her let her guard down. Even after all the shitty writing and simplifying D&D have been doing to the show, I still don't want to believe it's as simple as joining Cersei vs Dany for Euron.

As for Jorah being in the Oldtown, there are still 2 plots that have been omitted in the show. One is Moqorro and Victarion's hand, the other is Marwyn the Mage in the Oldtown. If D&D don't want to introduce a new character, they could have Sam discover an ancient book describing a flame ritual that can restore a person from the brink of death and turn them into a superhuman... and try it out on Jorah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't feel bad, I get out quite a bit and didn't recognize him, lol. For one, I don't listen to mainstream music and two: I'm in the US where he's not quite as worshipped.
    Heh, I definitely don't feel bad. That kind of music is far from anything I would be interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Right, would have made much more sense to have introduced her then if they were but I think her and Arya differ in that Arya still retains some humanity where Stoneheart was, well, stonecold and remorseless

Also the pissing scene was funny. I remember the reddit discussions trying to analyze what it means haha
    tbh when I learned what the pissing scene meant I thought, damn....kinda cold-blooded there D&D....lol. Especially considering how much the fans wanted Stoneheart.

But the Brotherhood scenes are my favorite. I love Beric and Thoros. The fact that Beric was ready to March on Ser Gregor's keep, and that Thoros defeated Sandor once, makes them infinitely more badass. IDK if the history with Thoros vs. Sandor exists in the show though.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Heh, I definitely don't feel bad. That kind of music is far from anything I would be interested in.
    Yeah, sure he's a good guy and all but tbh I'm happy that I' oblivious to alot of the A-list music artists.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, sure he's a good guy and all but tbh I'm happy that I' oblivious to alot of the A-list music artists.
    {with a chuckle}yeah, same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    He was obviously talking about Tyrion, considering all his talk about killing your own family. I figure Dany's head would be a cherry on the top for Cersei, but I don't really think he wants to fight her. Let's just keep in mind that books Euron sent Victarion to bring him the most beautiful woman in the world for him to marry, and he said that in this episode. Why does he bother with Cersei? I can't think of a reason other than to make her let her guard down. Even after all the shitty writing and simplifying D&D have been doing to the show, I still don't want to believe it's as simple as joining Cersei vs Dany for Euron.

As for Jorah being in the Oldtown, there are still 2 plots that have been omitted in the show. One is Moqorro and Victarion's hand, the other is Marwyn the Mage in the Oldtown. If D&D don't want to introduce a new character, they could have Sam discover an ancient book describing a flame ritual that can restore a person from the brink of death and turn them into a superhuman... and try it out on Jorah.
    Maybe Euron seeks the Iron Throne. He's already a usurper once and the Lannisters are clearly weaker than theyve ever been. Since Victarion won't be in the show -They went along with the obvious choice of Euron making a proposition to Cersei, though she apparently invited him.

What I thought was weird....was Cersei implied marriage to Euron when her and Jaime were on the bay overlook, and then she rejects his marriage proposal in the throne room? Odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Euron seeks the Iron Throne. He's already a usurper once and the Lannisters are clearly weaker than theyve ever been. Since Victarion won't be in the show -They went along with the obvious choice of Euron making a proposition to Cersei, though she apparently invited him.

What I thought was weird....was Cersei implied marriage to Euron when her and Jaime were on the bay overlook, and then she rejects his marriage proposal in the throne room? Odd.
    Yeah because she knows that he wants everything (to be King and what not) and she is the means to obtaining that by marrying her/killing her/claiming the throne for himself, etc... Playing hard to get has gotten her something for nothing... He is going to go attack dragon lady's fleet and Cersei didn't need give him anything to accomplish that. She will probably have him killed the moment he gets back.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Yeah because she knows that he wants everything (to be King and what not) and she is the means to obtaining that by marrying her/killing her/claiming the throne for himself, etc... Playing hard to get has gotten her something for nothing... He is going to go attack dragon lady's fleet and Cersei didn't need give him anything to accomplish that. She will probably have him killed the moment he gets back.
    Yeah she stated she didn't trust him, but still not sure where she has the confidence that he wouldn't just side with Dany. The show is already leaning in that direction, but my question is how/why. The Iron Fleet is basically up for grabs, how can Cersei so readily and confidently shun them knowing they won't end up against her? Maybe I missed something in that exchange.

Edit: On second thought - it was probably the fact he said he wants to kill his siblings who are with Dany. It's just that usually the show is so good at explanation with warfare. In particular; all of the strategy scenes with Tywin or Baelish. In this scene, it seemed like so much of the lines were blurry.
    Last edited by Zayv; 2017-07-17 at 05:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah she stated she didn't trust him, but still not sure where she has the confidence that he wouldn't just side with Dany. The show is already leaning in that direction, but my question is how/why. The Iron Fleet is basically up for grabs, how can Cersei so readily and confidently shun them knowing they won't end up against her? Maybe I missed something in that exchange.

Edit: On second thought - it was probably the fact he said he wants to kill his siblings who are with Dany. It's just that usually the show is so good at explanation with warfare. In particular; all of the strategy scenes with Tywin or Baelish. In this scene, it seemed like so much of the lines were blurry.
    You said it yourself, there is no other side but Cersei's where he can get what he wants.

Dragon Lady, Dorne, and Highgarden are basically on the same side; not so much cooperating or agreeing on who should rule, but with the similar objective of defeating the Lannisters... And Euron is already against the dragon lady because she accepted Theon and Yara's deal.

So he can either go it alone or work with the Lannisters under false pretenses intent on betraying them and seizing power. Going it alone won't work for what he wants (to rule everything)...

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    By the way was that an undead Wun Wun at the start? Because if it was I'm gonna be mad.
    How could it be undead Wun Wun? Didn't he die at Winterfell?

Why is the prestigious Hightower such a shit hole anyways, lol.
    The Citadel? They're not just learning to be scholars, but doctors too. Any place where sick people are being cared for is going to be a shit hole without modern plumbing.

Quote Originally Posted by CalasEU View Post
    How could it be undead Wun Wun? Didn't he die at Winterfell?
    Yeah, they were just generic giants. There was more than one in the shot but we got a closeup of one. I had a mild panic attack that it might be Hodor at first in the distance.