10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I do wonder how ships would work though, would they just be mounts? Could other players board your ship and just chill until you remove it? Idk how that would work.
    Maybe the love boat you obtained during the Valentine event is something they're testing for the new expansion since it's obviously going to be Kul Tiras related.

Exoskeleton class for Gnomes and Goblins. Based on nothing, I just want it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    I do wonder how ships would work though, would they just be mounts? Could other players board your ship and just chill until you remove it? Idk how that would work.
    Maybe the love boat you obtained during the Valentine event is something they're testing for the new expansion since it's obviously going to be Kul Tiras related.
    WoW is one of the only MMOs with a fairly solid "moving surfaces" technology, it has had ships and zeppelins since vanilla, and they have only improved with the years. So player-controlled ships in the world are feasible, and I think the idea has a lot of potential.

As for how they interact with the world and other players, I'd say most of what you'd be able to do with your ship would be instanced. Like PvP battles or "fleet scenarios" where there aren't more than a few players and their ships.

In the overworld, you could be able to summon your ship at ports, and then sail around phased out for anyone outside your group, preventing players from crowding the seas, but allowing them to take their friends with them. They'd be quick "group mounts" that you could stand on and leave anywhere, and at the same time, some hub elements could be added, such as a bank, some vendors, the mission table and a few dailies offered by your crew.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    The rift is outside of the Dream. She is talking about N'zoth returning, not the Nightmare. The void's influence on the dream is all but gone.
    But is it finished though? After you kill Xavius and get teleported in the cleansed Emerald Dream, there is the shadow flower in the cavern. for shadow priests it says : "Almost completely gone, as if it never existed. But the Rift is deep and vast, and somewhere down there it stirs. Something has changed, the last prison weakens. We must prepare."

So unless we destroy what is at the other side of that Rift there is always a possibility of it re-corrupting the Emerald Dream through there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    But is it finished though? After you kill Xavius and get teleported in the cleansed Emerald Dream, there is the shadow flower in the cavern. for shadow priests it says : "Almost completely gone, as if it never existed. But the Rift is deep and vast, and somewhere down there it stirs. Something has changed, the last prison weakens. We must prepare."

So unless we destroy what is at the other side of that Rift there is always a possibility of it re-corrupting the Emerald Dream through there.
    Seed for the future indeed, but doubtful we'll touch it come next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    WoW is one of the only MMOs with a fairly solid "moving surfaces" technology, it has had ships and zeppelins since vanilla, and they have only improved with the years. So player-controlled ships in the world are feasible, and I think the idea has a lot of potential.

As for how they interact with the world and other players, I'd say most of what you'd be able to do with your ship would be instanced. Like PvP battles or "fleet scenarios" where there aren't more than a few players and their ships.

In the overworld, you could be able to summon your ship at ports, and then sail around phased out for anyone outside your group, preventing players from crowding the seas, but allowing them to take their friends with them. They'd be quick "group mounts" that you could stand on and leave anywhere, and at the same time, some hub elements could be added, such as a bank, some vendors, the mission table and a few dailies offered by your crew.
    That's how I am hoping it would work, but also that you could board other people's ships to just chill and hangout as well. Much like you can on the current ships though they follow a strict path.

That's how I am hoping it would work, but also that you could board other people's ships to just chill and hangout as well. Much like you can on the current ships though they follow a strict path.
    I would prefer guild halls or class halls (faction specific).

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Just don't rewatch the BC one. It's so bad
    OMG, I just saw it, I didn't even know it existed! It is sooooo bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm perfectly happy with whatever Blizz cooks up. They are talented enough that they can make most things interesting. Even WoD was somewhat interesting at the start and it's mostly the fact they abandoned the whole thing shortly after starting that kept it from being a satisfying story.

BUT,

I'd LOVE for a return of the Scourge one day. The Old Gods just seem to want to kill everything, maybe try to corrupt you, but you'd have the choice to kill yourself if you were going insane. Same holds true for pretty much every other enemy we've faced. You can fight them to your death and go down in glory.

The Scourge let's you kill yourself fighting them, then raises you into Undeath and makes you fight for them, untill your corpse falls apart. There's no escape from them. The inevitability of knowing you HAVE to beat the Scourge, cause you can't die trying. If you lose friends fighting the Scourge, you are going to end up fighting them as raised enemies. For every friend you lose, you gain an enemy. There's no end and no escape, unless you defeat the Lich King.

That always tickled me as it goes for an enemy. Scourge is a special type of enemy and I'd love to see a return to their themes, in some way, some day.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    I doubt that we'll ever get another Emerald Dream dungeon, raid, etc.
    I hope we don't, the one we've got was horrible. Right now I think everything Emerald Nightmare related has been wrapped up and won't have another renaissance in WoW.

I don't know about ships though. They would need to create a different kind of ocean, waves, weather etc. I mean having a ship without any new weather effects, storms etc. would be pretty pointless, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I hope we don't, the one we've got was horrible. Right now I think everything Emerald Nightmare related has been wrapped up and won't have another renaissance in WoW.

I don't know about ships though. They would need to create a different kind of ocean, waves, weather etc. I mean having a ship without any new weather effects, storms etc. would be pretty pointless, right?
    Maybe all those "Engine engineers" they were hiring finally came to a conclusion?

New Engine tech or at least DX12! I'm all in for a low overhead API either Vulkan or DX12, I don't care but we need one.

I have high hopes that we don't have to wait for expansion for a year. IMHO Blizzcon will clarify a lot of things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    I have high hopes that we don't have to wait for expansion for a year. IMHO Blizzcon will clarify a lot of things.
    I'm pretty sure they'll release it around September 2019 the latest I assume? I would even bet a Spring 2019 release.

Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    I'm pretty sure they'll release it around September 2019 the latest I assume? I would even bet a Spring 2019 release.
    Fall 2018 is like a 100% guaranteed release period.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Look at 7.3 PTR, replace Vindicaar with regular ship and Argus zones with isles. I think it will work just like that.

So an announcement for the expansion at Gamescom is pretty much a guarantee, right? That'll put it about a year after Legion's release. By comparison, when they announced Legion at Gamescom 2015 it was a mere 9 months after WoD's release.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    So an announcement for the expansion at Gamescom is pretty much a guarantee, right? That'll put it about a year after Legion's release. By comparison, when they announced Legion at Gamescom 2015 it was a mere 9 months after WoD's release.
    I think it is guarantee IF they are ready for annoucement. Otherwise it would mean that we will face year+ content drought again. But I'm optimist, they put this Kul Tiras stuff in the files, because they want us to speculate now.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    So an announcement for the expansion at Gamescom is pretty much a guarantee, right?
    Not a guarantee but plausible.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    i was with u before the Illidan bullshit lmao they will never give us another Illidan 2 days after locking him up
    I thought with all the ILLIDAN IS GOOD bullshit this expansion was driving down our throats it would be cool if we got to see his other side.

"The human lay dead in the snow, my task was complete. This fool sought to defy the wrath of Kil'Jaedin, and paid the price. Would I have met the same fate, had I failed? If I had returned to Outland defeated, would another proxy not seek me out to take my own life, as I sought the humans? Yes, I see it now. I have no hope of resisting Kil'Jaedin on Outland, my servants could not even stand against this foe, let alone the countless horrors of the Nether. But he had a plan, he fought with such determination and strength. Perhaps this Scourge would be the foe that stops the Burning Crusade in it's tracks. Is that why the Deceiver fears this Lich King so?" Illidan slowly reaches to Frostmourne. "I do not know if I could meet the strength of Sargeras...but with the powers of the Lich King I might just be prepared to try!"

Illidan shatters Frostmourne where it lay, and flys off to the Frozen Throne. With a mighty slash, the Frozen Throne is cleaved cleanly in two, the armor of the Lich King topples to the bottom of the crevasse. Icecrown Glacier suddenly collapses, forming into the shape we know today, with Icecrown Citadel once again looming above the collapsed ice. The ice itself begins to turn a fel green, spreading slowly from the base. As it grows higher it also grows faster, all the way to the top of the spire where Illidan is crouched, holding the Helm of Domination just as another Illidan at the exact moment was holding the Skull of Gul'dan atop the Black Temple. His eyes see the curse of the helm, and with one spell he violently rips the soul of Ner'Zul its prison, crushing it helplessly in his claws, as the metal shifts to fit the form of its new master.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    No, no, no. It's obviously Southrend, which happens to be on the other side of Azeroth!

Or the Emerald Dream. That's a good choice, too.
    Wait, Southrend... OF COURSE! The Old Gods and Void borrow from Lovecraft, and one of the most well known Lovecraft stories is At the Mountains of Madness, which is about an expedition to Antarctica! An unexplored Southrend would be an epic parallel to that story, with our chance to see actual Black Empire structures beneath the ice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Look at 7.3 PTR, replace Vindicaar with regular ship and Argus zones with isles. I think it will work just like that.
    That'd be cool tbh, would make WoW feel enormous if they connected zones by giant oceans.