Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    the thing is that people can still be GOOD (although maybe not the best) with analog controls, especially those that have played a lot of FPS and 3rdps on consoles, at least good enough for the uncompetetive part of the game.
    You can't because the aim assist is literally ass compared to other console shooters. It's a double edged sword because if they made the assist better gyro would be even THAT much better as it would effect them as well.

Find me one player who was using non gyro in S ranks of Splatoon 1. Your definition of "good" seems sketchy at best. Is bronze ranks in games good to you as well? Random heroic meter charting that good as well?

- - - Updated - - -

but nobody is going to notice that somebody could have inked for 50 points more if he had used a weapon that you are more proficient with, gotten an extra splat if they used gyro because it doesn't have a major impact in the macro-perspective.
    Nobody cares about turf war period. It's only purpose is easy level grinding. The first few weeks of Splatoon 1 when it only had Turf War is was literally a shell of a game and I almost quit it, as did many if we judge off the internet. Turf War means jack shit, and I could care less if you AFK I can generally carry an entire turf war match with map control as can any competent player.

The problem people are going to have if they're not already in the A ranks is dealing with pleb hell in the C and B ranks and constantly de ranking due to getting paired with bads just like what thinned out Splatoon 1. That on top of it being super easy to smurf in splatoon(at least until paid online becomes a thing on the Switch) and you're pretty much fucked if you aren't good at the game early on.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-07-23 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Find me one player who was using non gyro in S ranks of Splatoon 1.
    ill take that challenge.

https://www.reddit.com/r/splatoon/co...g_traditional/

[–]CrazydianCell the analog player 2 points 1 year ago
    I'm an analog user, and am at S+. I don't think you're doomed to be at a disadvantage, maybe just a little inexperienced at Splatoon altogether.
    What I would recommend is watching tech/tutorial videos online (Squidkids is a good example, and they also did a video of sticks vs. gyro). I also recommend adjusting to a sensitivity suited to you. Mine is at -2.5 for reference (but only because I'm currently practicing Bamboozler), but perhaps you'll want to set yours higher or lower, depending on your weapon, which brings me to my next point.
    Try out different weapons. See which weapons suit your playstyle. Obviously, the weapons that don't require much aim will assist you (rollers, sloshers, etc.) but if you want to kick it up a notch, use shooters or chargers exclusively (go for shooters because from personal experience, chargers is a biiiiiitch with analog).
    And

About the 5min mark he talks about this guy.
    https://www.twitch.tv/ssupermario92

So now that you have been proven wrong (Again) will you go the fuck away.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    About the 5min mark he talks about this guy.
    https://www.twitch.tv/ssupermario92
    He talks about a guy who uses Gyro?

Do you even know what you're talking about or did you just google randomly and thought you hit the jackpot off buzzwords? Talking about a guy who got S+ in squads as if it's random ranked great LUL.

I'm really done replying to you, we already know where any discussions on difficulty go with you. Have fun getting the last word, maybe when you can even manage to get into the A ranks I'll care.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-07-23 at 11:54 AM.

He talks about a guy who uses Gyro?

Do you even know what you're talking about or did you just google randomly and thought you hit the jackpot off buzzwords?
    You must be def.

He is probably the best stick control user in the western community @4min 55sec mark
    You asked to show you one S ranked player using stick controls, I gave you three (The Youtube video,The Twitch link and The Reddit link).

Run along now because once again you have been proven wrong.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You must be def.
    Every competent gyro player is a stick user. You literally use BOTH, thanks for proving once again you don't even understand what you're talking about. If you use only gyro you're literally at the same disadvantage as someone only using analog. This go's back to me proving you didn't know how to properly use gyro.(which you have already shown multiple times) I literally clicked one of his VoDs and can tell he is using somewhere around 3.5 gyro. It's obvious as sunlight to anyone who knows what they're looking at. But yea, toodles for real this time.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-07-23 at 11:58 AM.

Every competent gyro player is a stick user. You literally use BOTH, thanks for proving once again you don't even understand what you're talking about.
    I see you have a hard time admitting when you are wrong. You asked for one person I gave you 3.

Its clear u didn't even watch the whole video seeing how its 11mins long and u replyed 3mins after my post.

Find me one player who was using non gyro in S ranks of Splatoon 1. Your definition of "good" seems sketchy at best. Is bronze ranks in games good to you as well? Random heroic meter charting that good as well?

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody cares about turf war period. It's only purpose is easy level grinding. The first few weeks of Splatoon 1 when it only had Turf War is was literally a shell of a game and I almost quit it, as did many if we judge off the internet. Turf War means jack shit, and I could care less if you AFK I can generally carry an entire turf war match with map control as can any competent player.

The problem people are going to have if they're not already in the A ranks is dealing with pleb hell in the C and B ranks and constantly de ranking due to getting paired with bads just like what thinned out Splatoon 1. That on top of it being super easy to smurf in splatoon(at least until paid online becomes a thing on the Switch) and you're pretty much fucked if you aren't good at the game early on.
    you keep shoving competetive play in to my mouth every single time, you are talking around the context of the debate.
    you are an elitist, you cant deny that.
    S-rank is not the epitome of the general skill floor, you can't look at the top 1-2% and say that everybody below that rank is baddy baddies that suck at the game and cant be considered good.
    ''good'' for an elitist is a whole different thing than ''good'' for the median.
    competetive players are GREAT, they are ''THE BEST''
    shit you can even say that ''good'' is the same as Average.

everything when talking about skill level is relative.
    i hovered around 2k elo back in the days of playing LoL and i could still meet people that was in ''elo hell'' that was ''fairly good''.
    not good enough to play at a higher competetive level, but still ''good''

Point 2:

that's your view on turf war.
    nobody playing competetively cares about turf war. good for you, you are one of them.
    but there is a huge casual player base, and it is going to get even bigger given the currently popularity of splatwoon and the switch.
    it is literally a relevant game mode, and was still incredibly active till the release of the switch.

you like competetive gameplay, we get it.
    doesnt mean everyone else does, which means that turf war is a relevant mode to discuss, especially in the context of new- and casual players.

--snip--
    Its best to ignore him at this point, he asked for one S ranked player who uses stick controls and I gave him three. He commented about a 11min video 3mins after I posted it and ignored the rest of the whole post.

He clearly won't admit hes been proven wrong and also doesn't realize people like him ruin game community's.

Man are we really arguing about control preference of a bloody game?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So it seems, Tech seems to have a Gryo-Master Race hardon atm and anyone who play's with stick controls is a scrub who should die in a fire.

we're arguing about that people figuratively wants to ostracize players in online play because they don't have the ambition to reach the highest rank possible, or wants to use the exact same setup that people who play at that level does.

Used the ink brush to leave a trail and a roller took the bait

Man I've missed this weapon
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Used the ink brush to leave a trail and a roller took the bait

Man I've missed this weapon
    My favorite troll weapon was the .52 gal, it was literally like a long range shot gun.

They ruined it in Splatoon 2, total shit now. Still has the slow shot speed without the damage, a splattershot or aerospray can always beat it now if equal aim. FeelsBadMan.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-07-23 at 01:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My brother loves Splatoon so much I never get to really play it. I will be holding Yooka laylee hostage though.

Someone wasn't around for the great GreenThumb wars in Halo 2 MLG

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Someone wasn't around for the great GreenThumb wars in Halo 2 MLG
    I would have been 11 then. I was actually playing Halo 2 on Xbox back then but just casually.

I would have been 11 then. I was actually playing Halo 2 on Xbox back then but just casually.
    Bottom line: competitive gamers are. fucking. crazy. Its why everyone who knows esports expects Overwatch to bomb. These people crave precision and minutia and anything perceived as unbalanced is a shitstorm.

I remember tow in particular with Halo MLG. One where it was revealed that melee with a shotgun equipped is a few frames faster and in another a guy won a match by throwing a grenade that set off and sent a traffic cone flying and collided with the last enemy players head for the winning kill.

Fox only, No items, Final Destination

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Bottom line: competitive gamers are. fucking. crazy. Its why everyone who knows esports expects Overwatch to bomb. These people crave precision and minutia and anything perceived as unbalanced is a shitstorm.

I remember tow in particular with Halo MLG. One where it was revealed that melee with a shotgun equipped is a few frames faster and in another a guy won a match by throwing a grenade that set off and sent a traffic cone flying and collided with the last enemy players head for the winning kill.

Fox only, No items, Final Destination
    Meh I tried being competitive once. Got myself into Master on SC2 and didn't enjoy it. My attitude towards games started to change and I started focusing more about the competitive nature of it than sitting there and enjoying it.

In short. Would not do that again personally.

My favorite troll weapon was the .52 gal, it was literally like a long range shot gun.

They ruined it in Splatoon 2, total shit now. Still has the slow shot speed without the damage, a splattershot or aerospray can always beat it now if equal aim. FeelsBadMan.
    They nerfed the damage on it? ouch what is it a 3 hit kill now?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    It got misconstrued because the person that responded to me is a Nintendo zealot. Proved that when they admitted to buying the Switch and every game in the library atm.

And yeah, the chat app is an abomination. How Nintendo thought that was ever a good idea is beyond me. Considering their competitors have had decent chat options for YEARS. They could have literally just copy/pasted the competition's systems and called it something else. Boom, problem solved.
    Jt bought a Switch and has been ripping at Nintendo for a while now. And I guess you're not following the Switch at all if you think that's the whole library, but rather you just pop in to try to bash whatever without having any investment into the brand. But okay, keep going with the ad hominid while claiming I'm the one doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I think it was pretty clear what you are saying TBH, not sure how it got misconstrued. The app is failing miserably.
    It's not a misconstrued, I'm just pointing out the switch is Nintendo doing what they want, and the system itself seems very liked, aside from Nintendo's other dumb choices, hence Nintendo doing what they want can work either way. Not sure why that's taken at personally.