Poll: Are you going to quit if they decide to keep titanforge?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    With the resets they can now do, big numbers aren't a problem. If it's a problem now it's one of perception.

Power creep is one of the ways they're keeping the game interesting. If upgrades went back to 1-2% upgrades throughout an expansion the complaining about that would totally drown out the noise over big numbers. Even if you converted all health and damage to some percentage basis and hid the underlying numbers power creep would be precisely the same as it is now.
    Which is why I said it was more of a cosmetic thing.

Players running around with hundreds of millions of health just seems ridiculous when you consider that at one point, we only had a couple thousand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the amount of hate i get from the RNG gods, that one time i get loot and its Titanforged, it makes up a nice compensation :P
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

I wish they would cap it like warforging used to be. Letting any item go to the item level cap is poor design. I understand they want people to have a reason to do older content, but AP and legendary items already give benefits to all players. When items from lfr EN could potentially be bis we have problems. My favorite I have seen so far was a guildies alt with a 915 whispers trinket from LFR when the toon never did anything other then LFR. Getting a mythic level trinket from the final boss from a 8 minute LFR run is absurd.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Except they can "save" their players. They can stop making dumb systems that reward shit gameplay.
    If we lose the 1% of players who feel like killing themselves for a less than 1% overall dps upgrade, the game will be better off.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Which is why I said it was more of a cosmetic thing.

Players running around with hundreds of millions of health just seems ridiculous when you consider that at one point, we only had a couple thousand.
    Yea, well we were once adventurers, we've gotten stronger since then

As much as I don't like it, titanforged gear is a stupid ass reason to quit.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I don't believe you're being accurate there. That attitude exists outside the top few guilds. If you find yourself gearing faster than most of your raid mates you will find it advantageous to gquit on them and go to a guild with better gear and more progression. If someone comes to your guild with better gear/parses than you then you risk being sat. Mythic isn't flex; if you are #21 then you're at risk. At every point having a bit more gear makes it a bit less likely you'll be told to leave.

Even in N/H, if you fall too far behind the raid leader may tell you to sit out, and come back when the boss is on farm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    This argument is always used and it's always idiotic. Not everyone can raid 80 hours a week and push for world first. Just because someone isn't pushing for world first doesn't mean they're not pushing for world 50th, worth 100th, etc. Simple fact of the matter is that the more DPS, the more HPS, and the more survivability you have will make progression easier. This is true regardless of whether you're trying to beat Method or just trying to be server first. There are people who are willing to do whatever it takes to get whatever advantage they can. This system, along with the legendary bad luck protection system, encourages full clearing every difficulty of every raid/dungeon.

There is absolutely no need to have gear from previous content titanforge up to and beyond current tier ilvl. As I've said before, outdated content should titanforge up to the previous cap. Not the current cap. That would result in the gear still being desirable for the majority of the playerbase while also making those people who want every iota of an advantage not feel as if they need to full clear every single piece of content that's been introduced in Legion so far.
    Which goes back to what I originally said, if you feel forced to do content you don't want to do in a game you play for fun, to the point you want to quit over it, that's on you.

- - - Updated - - -

Except they can "save" their players. They can stop making dumb systems that reward shit gameplay.
    Yeah, what we should do is have content be absolutely worthless in every way once you outgear it. Everyone loves that!
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    If we lose the 1% of players who feel like killing themselves for a less than 1% overall dps upgrade, the game will be better off.
    Yeah, losing players for no good reason is great. Or they could just fix their damn reward structure and keep those players while also keeping all the other players(unless there's actually people who would quit over no longer being able to RNG their way to much better gear than they deserve, which would be sad)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post

Yeah, what we should do is have content be absolutely worthless in every way once you outgear it. Everyone loves that!
    Yes, being done with content is perfectly fine.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by tike View Post
    I'd pref the system didn't return, but if it does id like to see it change into a system that shortened the grind rather then lengthened it.

By this i mean, a tier comes out and the max ilvl is set to x. Gear can roll as high as x but drops below it. All gear can be upgraded to x through some system like in mop with valor upgrades. This means that if you raid mythic and get a non-TF piece it will be (to use current numbers) 930 0/3, and you could do some grinding to up it to 945 (which i think is the new max?). You could get lucky and it does TF to 945 and it would already be 3/3. Though something would need to be done about trinkets.

I do realize this is complicating an already convoluted system, but that's the world we are in now.
    The upgrade system was super fun. Nothing was better than getting a new piece of gear and needing to zone out and spend valor on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, losing players for no good reason is great. Or they could just fix their damn reward structure and keep those players while also keeping all the other players(unless there's actually people who would quit over no longer being able to RNG their way to much better gear than they deserve, which would be sad)

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, being done with content is perfectly fine.
    To you it's fine. The piles of people complaining about obsolete content don't agree.
    Beta Club Brosquad

On 1 Side i hate it but on the other side i like to beat our noob DDs with the FOTM spec and insane TF luck on trinkets and tier sets.
    Hur dur 930 Bis Trinkets from ToS normal lulz...

I would, because the system is fun, running old content and getting an upgrade is fun, it's not all about getting "mythic item level pieces we don't deserve (what a crock of shit lol)" its about the excitement of having something upgrade, getting more than we expected. I'm sorry that it makes it rough for those people who fret over a 1% dps increase and NEED to farm EN. But quit or back off the level if you can't "handle" it.

Games are for fun, WF/TF is fun.

Except it's not "only a good thing"
    Except it is? Folks who don't do high-end content have a progression path and those who do have an easier time of getting high-procs plus extra bonuses for more progression. There is literally no way you be harmed by this system.

Only way it can't be seen as a good thing is if you start putting qualifiers on it such as "It forces you to keep farming" or "Now people who don't play 'challenging content' can get the same ilevel gear." At which point the discussion is moot because you're projecting your own biases and emotions onto the system.

I wouldn't quit over it not being removed/reworked, but would prefer it to be. I liked that going into a new tier I suddenly had new options, and had to figure out what of those would be optimal, now that's mainly just trinkets, outside of that I barely look at the stats on new gear at all. I didn't mind that once I'd cleared ToT for months, and SoO came out ToT was basically forgotten, it made sense, it was cleared, the threat was over.

Now last tier can have upgrades that it couldn't when it was current, hell a world boss from before the first tier opened still drops what is theoretically the best trinket in the game for most specs assuming it titanforges enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    Only way it can't be seen as a good thing is if you start putting qualifiers on it such as "It forces you to keep farming" or "Now people who don't play 'challenging content' can get the same ilevel gear." At which point the discussion is moot because you're projecting your own biases and emotions onto the system.
    Except it rewards outgearing content, afterwards, rather than actually doing it when it was current, and more difficult. a 955 gul'dan trinket had an absolute 0% chance of ever dropping when it was current, now it can drop when the content is easier, and you outgear it more. That's just a bad system.
    Last edited by Better; 2017-07-23 at 10:45 PM.

It's absolutely stupid, but no. The war/titanforging isn't, at the end of the day, what really miffs me. It's the legendary system, the random drops. Across 4 characters now, some played more than others, I have yet to get a legendary drop that's considered top tier, or even high tier. Random is random and so on, but at this point I -am- starting to get a bit salty about it. If I was raiding seriously, I would be livid. And probably feel forced to reroll over and over and over until I finally got the legendary I wanted as the first drop.

I mean, I just got my 4th (shit) legendary on my priest, and since that drop, and the accompanying reset of drop chance/bad luck protection/whatever, I have only logged that character, my supposed "main," in once. And that was when I was asked by guildies to heal some M+ runs. I used to do emissary every day, as well as broken shore and random world quest cleanup. That drive is totally gone, now, because it'd be another month or more until the next legendary, and it'll just be shit again.

Actually, I'm going to stop ranting about it now, because I'll just end up getting actually angry about this stupid system.
    Last edited by Sevyvia; 2017-07-23 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Of all things to throw a tantrum about...
    Yeah this one is a bit confusing to me. The crappy legendary system, the AP grind at the start of the xpac, the unfriendliness of alts, the storyline....but THIS?

If it gets worse than it is now, 100% I will quit, because it's already bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    As much as I don't like it, titanforged gear is a stupid ass reason to quit.
    It seems so stupid, doesn't it, that there must be another reason and this is just misidentified as the reason (or scapegoated?).

I think it was an incredibly good idea. I just wish it went off more often.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Because it erodes the reward structure of the game and causes shit gameplay like running raids/difficulties you've outgrown just because you might get titanforged gear.
    Basically what your saying it, remove titan forging so I don't feel like I have to grind old content for a single titan forged item.

This is just like the old "got to run LFR for that 1% trinket upgrade... its a lack of common sense and overdose of hardcore attitude, which that game is not meant to be used that way. You do not HAVE to run that old raid, no ones forcing you to do it, it is a choice you MAKE. Don't like what you call shit game play, the solution is simple... don't do it, find the upgrades in current content.

But hey if it wasn't Titan forging you would still find something to complain about having to grind or obtain that's inconvenient, its always been the case, there is always something to complain about because you feel you need xxx item etc, thats the point you "feel" you have to, when in fact you don't.
    The real problem is the hardcore attitude, but if you really need that slight dps upgrade then running the old raids is the price you pay, same as everyone else who wants a specific item.

How about just sit back and enjoy YOUR game without trying to ruin everyone else's game in the process.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I think it was an incredibly good idea. I just wish it went off more often.
    Must admit I'm in this boat, it adds variety and makes older content actually worthwhile.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

While I do not like how it is implemented the system is not a factor to get me to quit. The gearing system as a whole does take it up there.

I actually might,it's the first thing in 11 years that ever made me consider quitting for good