Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    These buffs are like taking a big fat shit and pouring your favorite color glitter over it. It may look better but it's still shit.
    The Last Starfighter

"Listen, Centauri. I'm not any of those guys, I'm a kid from a trailer park." - Alex Rogan

"If that's what you think, then that's all you'll ever be!" - Centauri

Deleted
    I don't know how to say this nicely, but if you're competing, most others are not doing well

Quote Originally Posted by Epicon View Post
    These buffs are like taking a big fat shit and pouring your favorite color glitter over it. It may look better but it's still shit.
    lmao well said.

the elemental buffs are always so stingy and it feels like blizzard are scared of making elemental strong, every fucking patch, why?

fucking elementalphobes, they're scared shitless of the spec becoming good in raids, and i mean GOOD, not just low mid, and oh you do well on AoE, an actual GOOD spec you might bring 2-3 of to all bosses, because you have 2-3 good ele's in your guild, not fuck off re-roll mage etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    which is not even on the highest levels of M+ neccessary.
    Some people, maybe you, will play this game and when they wipe always blame the tank and healer. Others, like me, will take steps to help make sure the group doesn't wipe. Who's doing it wrong?

Great, Earthquake is a button that moves into my rotation once i have to move, good design if there were any other AoE Maelstrom spender.
    I've already said you should use EQ for more than numbers but even if you disagree, many mechanics will make you move (and not just volcanic) so you should still be using it.

Yeah the problem is that Elemental used to be a lot stronger in M+ due Earthquake scaling with Haste.
    Because previously you could have great AoE+Knockdown, now you choose between Decent AoE w/o stuns vs. average w/ stuns.
    There are few classes who can beat our aoe yet you still want to proclaim our strength as weakness. Maybe if you focus on where our problems actually are (ST and utility) your feedback would be taken seriously.

I can't understand people still claim EQ to be good cc.

At the start of the expansion, it lasted 10s and scaled with haste. When you had 3-4 EQ's stacked upon eachother it was good cc, I once ran an m+ with 3 elementals and it was quite funny on big pulls to see mobs getting chain cc'ed all the time.

However current version of 6s without haste scaling doesn't even come close to that.

on topic
    I just can't understand why blizzard focuses on things that are not OP or UP. How broken is CL compared to boomkins with 4piece, ring and sentinel trinket? Or warrior 4piece with helmet? Why don't they change our shitty 4 point trait that gives a negligible heal every 24s when at low hp to something that would actually increase our survivability? Why not gust of wind baseline and maybe ancestral protection totem there so we can help out our team with soaking utility?

No, in stead they waste time and resources over pissing off a spec that is mediocre at best... I really fail to understand what their class design philosophy is.

Deleted
    I never post in these kind of threads because I get really annoyed. More of a lurker then an active poster anyway. But I guess I've to vent somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by korlach View Post
    There are few classes who can beat our aoe yet you still want to proclaim our strength as weakness. Maybe if you focus on where our problems actually are (ST and utility) your feedback would be taken seriously.
    Nobody is saying that our AoE is a weakness, EQ is just a spell that has been a headache for everyone since it's inception. Blizzard doesnt want CL to be stronger then EQ and what did they do? Nerf EQ, I mean come on. It's not like Elemental AoE was or is so far ahead of other classes that guilds were stacking Elemental shamans for the select few fights where it can shine.

Elemental ruined the game for me. I've been playing WoW for over a decade and most of that time was with my Shaman. I've been played through most of the rough patches and the few times it was good. It has gotten to a point that I find no other spec as enjoyable to play as Elemental despite its many short comings. (Enhance and Resto Shaman are up there though). The first time I dind't touch my Shaman was WoD, granted I only played a few months of it but the biggest slap in the face was the comment of Celestelon where he told the Elemental community that everyone was bad and that we're were secrectly OP but we just dind't know it. We all know how that turned out. God, that comment still pisses me off to this day. After my guild killed Mythic Krosus in NH I just dropped my sub because I could't take it anymore despite Elemental being oké in NH.

I'm actively reading up on Elemental changes for a reason to play my Shaman again. But when the person I went to for all my Elemental wants and needs said he would reroll to Shadow Priest because Ele just could't cut it anymore. Good job Blizzard you screwed it up big time.

I am not asking for Elemental to be top dog on every fight, THE FOTM class to reroll too or to have no weaknesses. I and I suspect most of us want Elemental to be able to compete at the highest level. In my old guild everytime I'd beat anyone on a ST fight they would hear it about (All in good fun though) even if my guild had quite a large skill disparity.

If you're having fun with your Elemental that is great and I commend you for it. But let's not pretend this spec is fine. It needs a lot of help either with its mechanics or with its numbers. Because apparently giving it significant buffs is not an option.
    Last edited by mmoca91367db85; 2017-08-11 at 01:25 PM.

Some people, maybe you, will play this game and when they wipe always blame the tank and healer. Others, like me, will take steps to help make sure the group doesn't wipe. Who's doing it wrong?
    I don't remember ever being in a group with you.

Stop making assumption over people's personalities based on forum posts, really.

Aside from that, this has absolutely nothing to do with anything i've written, it's just an attempt by you to claim the moral highground.

many mechanics will make you move (and not just volcanic) so you should still be using it.
    And i only repeat myself by saying that Earthquake should not be just used during movement, it's not supposed to be a filler spell for movement.

There are few classes who can beat our aoe yet you still want to proclaim our strength as weakness.
    Quote me where i said that Elemental was weak during AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Midory View Post
    I'm actively reading up on Elemental changes for a reason to play my Shaman again. But when the person I went to for all my Elemental wants and needs said he would reroll to Shadow Priest because Ele just could't cut it anymore. Good job Blizzard you screwed it up big time.

I am not asking for Elemental to be top dog on every fight, THE FOTM class to reroll too or to have no weaknesses. I and I suspect most of us want Elemental to be able to compete at the highest level. In my old guild everytime I'd beat anyone on a ST fight they would hear it about (All in good fun though) even if my guild had quite a large skill disparity.

If you're having fun with your Elemental that is great and I commend you for it. But let's not pretend this spec is fine. It needs a lot of help either with its mechanics or with its numbers. Because apparently giving it significant buffs is not an option.

For ele T21 I'd like see 2 piece make lava burst explode or hit multiple targets something along those lines. I'm pretty sure earth shock buffed by lava burst isn't going to amaze anyone or be that practical as they are taking a giant shit on our AoE gutting static overload. And it sucks to see Naesam come to the inevitable conclusion of re-rolling, he is very helpful on his guides and stormearthandlava
    Last edited by Takatin; 2017-08-11 at 10:58 PM.

Deleted
    AFAIK; Gistwiki said it was an upgrade to now + giving control.

The Elemental shamans we had in our guild rerolled during EN already, there is no room for Elemental Shaman in progress right now. It simply is too weak, however if you play anything else below mythic raiding at proper pace, Elemental is fine for everything.

Doomed was the day they decided Earthquake should compete with Chain Lightning...fk that sh*t, we had nice AoE going for us and now we have that flying turd that they refuse to let go.

I don't remember ever being in a group with you.

Stop making assumption over people's personalities based on forum posts, really.

Aside from that, this has absolutely nothing to do with anything i've written, it's just an attempt by you to claim the moral highground.
    It has to do with you saying there is no reason to trade dps for stuns even in high M+. In my mind, stunning groups of adds helps keep the group from wiping and if you don't use EQ because its not a dps increase you arent helping the group as much as you could be.

And i only repeat myself by saying that Earthquake should not be just used during movement, it's not supposed to be a filler spell for movement.
    and i'm not going to keep repeating that EQ is worth it to cast even if its not a dps increase but even if you disagree it still has a use... if you consider that use to be a filler so be it.

Quote me where i said that Elemental was weak during AoE.
    Because previously you could have great AoE+Knockdown, now you choose between Decent AoE w/o stuns vs. average w/ stuns.
    I guess i read decent and average as shit when you use words like great before it. Saying its decent is like you are trying to avoid words like "good" or "strong". But w/e, maybe i was misunderstanding you.

Keep in mind all this is a discussion about M+, not raids. In raids trash doesn't have to be killed asap and boss adds are almost always immune to stuns or die too fast.

It has to do with you saying there is no reason to trade dps for stuns even in high M+. In my mind, stunning groups of adds helps keep the group from wiping and if you don't use EQ because its not a dps increase you arent helping the group as much as you could be.
    This Discussion is going in circles.

I said that previously you got both, now you have offer dps for stuns, and the amount of stuns you got also went down due the removal of Haste scaling.

I critize that you now have to make a choice when previously you got things for free, which by no means made Elemental somehow mandatory for M+.

That is my point, this Nerf to Earthquake is simply not justified, this is why this whole "But it's stun still useful!" is not really helpful, because it would still be true if Earthquake did no damage at all.

I guess i read decent and average as shit when you use words like great before it. Saying its decent is like you are trying to avoid words like "good" or "strong". But w/e, maybe i was misunderstanding you.
    All i read there is "average", nothing about weak.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2017-08-12 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by freddy090909 View Post
    I'm talking about specifically gambling ST, we've actually already implemented these changes in simc. The changes are >MUCH< lower for a non-gambling build, especially because of it using EB (which is hurt by both the nerf to itself and the mastery nerf/change).
    your calculation was obviously wrong. ST buff only has 6% of all damage and 13% of the ES buff, and this calculation alone can yield an 8% buff.
    However, I am convinced that this did not calculate that the mastery nerf and total MS were reduced.
    Did you believe that simc properly applied the patch content? With this ptr patch, you can not get an 8% calculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ele man View Post
    your calculation was obviously wrong. ST buff only has 6% of all damage and 13% of the ES buff, and this calculation alone can yield an 8% buff.
    However, I am convinced that this did not calculate that the mastery nerf and total MS were reduced.
    Did you believe that simc properly applied the patch content? With this ptr patch, you can not get an 8% calculation.
    The gambling build does a lot more damage through Earth Shock than non-gambling, and it actually avoids mastery. The nerfs hurt it less, and the buffs help it more than the regular build. Yes, I am sure the changes are properly being applied.

We've found a 7-8% increase for the gambling build, depending on your stat distribution. This doesn't seem that nonsensical, considering the ES buff adds 2.5-3% damage and we are getting another roughly 6% flat increase. The EB nerf does nothing (because gambling doesn't run it), and the mastery nerf does little assuming your stats were properly distributed.

Anyways, if you'd like to see the numbers, they're on the forums in my post at: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...age=9#post-180
    Last edited by freddy090909; 2017-08-13 at 02:30 PM.

Deleted
    Problem with elemental is that as long as they cant handle movement they will never be good for raiding hard content. any time you move up in difficulty you will be forced to move more and dps goes down, its been the same thing the entire expansion. the only way to deal ok dmg is to be lucky enough to not have to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    AFAIK; Gistwiki said it was an upgrade to now + giving control.

The Elemental shamans we had in our guild rerolled during EN already, there is no room for Elemental Shaman in progress right now. It simply is too weak, however if you play anything else below mythic raiding at proper pace, Elemental is fine for everything.
    "It's fine if you're doing content that can be facerolled, but swap to something else for working on actual difficult content" isn't exactly a ringing endorsement...

Deleted
    Literally what I said, yes. Not sure what you want to convey? Any content that's not HARD, Elemental shaman can do, if its hard content to progress on, while the damage is passable, the survival, mobilty and overall utility with soaking and what not, is not.

Not everyone wants to be stuck doing faceroll difficulty content.

Not everyone wants to switch from a class/spec they've possibly played for years.

It's a matter of choosing the "lesser evil". Part of why I don't play this game anymore is due to developer incompetence when it comes to shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukario View Post
    Doomed was the day they decided Earthquake should compete with Chain Lightning...fk that sh*t, we had nice AoE going for us and now we have that flying turd that they refuse to let go.
    Thrall used an Earthquake spell at the end of some WoW-novel (Forgot which one and don't really care), so that makes it emblematic for the class! :P

Yeah, Blizzard's inability to comprehend that stationary AoE just is good nor fun keeps us mucking around with EQ, there are lots of visuals and ideas for cool earth-based spells in the game (Stone fists out of the ground, two stone hands slamming together), but we're stuck with a lame stationary AoE-DoT that in both appearance and effect is really underwhelming...

Deleted
    Shaman St nerfed again - this is really just a bad joke