Deleted
    Bard is so nice - 65 now. And I wonder - why is WoW narrative so bad compared to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Bard is so nice - 65 now. And I wonder - why is WoW narrative so bad compared to this?
    WoW always felt like I was playing in a D&D game where the DM's favorite NPC's were the stars, not my character. I was just there to validate their storytelling in witness.

FF may not let me change the story meaningfully in my own personal choices(and I'm not saying it should!)but I feel important, at times central to the plot and what happens.

And BRD is great, they made it by far my fave this time around. It just gets better at 70.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resiak View Post
    After taking a break for a couple weeks, I started working on WHM to finish off my healers so I can get rid of the gear I had stockpiled. I have to say, it's kind of funny thinking back to the conversation right before SB dropped. Out of the three healers, I feel like WHM is actually in the best place right now.
    Don't forget, that they took out lily RNG completely and changed the rather useless and horrible 70 skill into something not quite as useless but still mostly useless b/c of stack duration.
    While the idea of the 70s skill is nice, the 10s stack duration basically ruins it b/c you can only use it after you cast an AoE heal, which is rather nonsensical b/c all you are going to do is create more overheal.

Maybe it's more useful in savage content where mobs actually do some damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Don't forget, that they took out lily RNG completely and changed the rather useless and horrible 70 skill into something not quite as useless but still mostly useless b/c of stack duration.
    While the idea of the 70s skill is nice, the 10s stack duration basically ruins it b/c you can only use it after you cast an AoE heal, which is rather nonsensical b/c all you are going to do is create more overheal.

Maybe it's more useful in savage content where mobs actually do some damage.
    True, I just started leveling it the other day, so I didn't see the release iteration. I will say as of right now, I like WHM most for pure healing and extra dps, ast for healing and buffing...sch i probably won't touch again until the next expansion.

Deleted
    Just killed Susan o - hell we had 3 wipes and many many resurrections :P

Not a fight I want to do now and then tbh - it needs some warm up for me. (I thought same about Nidhogg but luckily I never faced him again after firstkill).

Also: Alisaie has it coming now. What a wall breaking comment she made
    Last edited by mmocd6d7b58413; 2017-08-27 at 08:07 AM.

True, I just started leveling it the other day, so I didn't see the release iteration. I will say as of right now, I like WHM most for pure healing and extra dps, ast for healing and buffing...sch i probably won't touch again until the next expansion.
    I think i gave up on SCH sometime around Castrum meridianum. Still levelled it for muh ocd but man that really became the resto shaman style "i kind of want to watch tb and just spam two moves to heal and not take part beyond that" gameplay that sucked. I dont doubt its probably made better over time but compared to AST's constant card weaving stuff it felt like you were a shield turret.

WHM is okay, but AST is love, AST is life.

Well, the new seasonal event is pretty neat! I didn't expect there to be a mini-game involved - it's the little things like that that cement my love for FFXIV.

I hope we get the retro music used in the mini-game as an orchestrion roll at some point, though.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I think i gave up on SCH sometime around Castrum meridianum. Still levelled it for muh ocd but man that really became the resto shaman style "i kind of want to watch tb and just spam two moves to heal and not take part beyond that" gameplay that sucked. I dont doubt its probably made better over time but compared to AST's constant card weaving stuff it felt like you were a shield turret.

WHM is okay, but AST is love, AST is life.
    I went SMN first, so SCH came with it and I used it when I needed to run a dungeon for quick q's. But I hated it. It just feels like a broken class that the devs didn't know what to do with.

AST is good too. I like it. I was just surprised that WHM felt so good, considering it was the red headed step child last expac. It;s going to be tough deciding which healer I want to go forward with.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went SMN first, so SCH came with it and I used it when I needed to run a dungeon for quick q's. But I hated it. It just feels like a broken class that the devs didn't know what to do with.

AST is good too. I like it. I was just surprised that WHM felt so good, considering it was the red headed step child last expac. It;s going to be tough deciding which healer I want to go forward with.
    Dont follow the community griping so much. White mage was only left out in super top end savage progression which is only relevant for a couple weeks at the beginning of each patch. If pre-stormblood taught us anything, its that the vast majority of our community generally has no idea what they're talking about.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    Dont follow the community griping so much. White mage was only left out in super top end savage progression which is only relevant for a couple weeks at the beginning of each patch. If pre-stormblood taught us anything, its that the vast majority of our community generally has no idea what they're talking about.
    Oh, I don't. I learned my lesson when Legion launched when everyone had Afflic relegated to the trash bin and I was one of the top dps in my guild. But when you break it down, WHM, SCH, and AST all filled the healing role just fine, but AST brought great buffing, and SCH brought extra dps, wards, and passive healing. WHM was a perfectly fine healer, it just didn't bring much else to the table.

10+ Year Old Account
    WHM was a perfectly fine healer, it just didn't bring much else to the table.
    That and WHM not getting new toys were pretty much the gist of the complaints.
    They weren't afraid that WHM couldn't heal the bosses, they were afraid of getting benched b/c of a lack of support.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Well, the new seasonal event is pretty neat! I didn't expect there to be a mini-game involved - it's the little things like that that cement my love for FFXIV.

I hope we get the retro music used in the mini-game as an orchestrion roll at some point, though.
    Yeah just did it not knowing what it was and as an etrian odyssey player i was way too excited.

Honestly i hope they make that a feature, tie it into treasure maps maybe?

Deleted
    That Zenos needs to be cut. The author made me accept him without options. My hatred on him is endless. He is like Hisoka

And he almost killed my future waifu Yugiri. That's not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Also, why can't WoW give hunters more than a single animation after 10+ years? New animations for all melee, now more animations for spell casters... hunters still 1 animation for every single shot.

Post on Reddit about 4.1 patch stuff. Cross-server friends list and tells, ho! Now all we need is a 'decline tells from anyone not on my friends list' option.

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    You're not giving much credit to the actual original issue here.

WHM had a few issues that people were concerned about:

1) They lost a ton of stuff, and got it back as cross class or job skills. That doesn't feel fun to anyone who mains WHM when you compare against what the other healers got.

2) Lillies were not functional or intuitive. You were asked to spend mana frivolously to acquire RNG lillies on spells you very rarely used or spam, to spend on your ability that you didn't want to spend on cooldown, but rather when you actually needed it. This was not fun, again, especially when compared to the fun things the other 2 jobs got.

Thankfully they're in a good spot now with the changes they made, and WHM will always be king for old content/dungeons because Holy.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Also, why can't WoW give hunters more than a single animation after 10+ years? New animations for all melee, now more animations for spell casters... hunters still 1 animation for every single shot.
    Mind you I haven't touched hunter since BC/WotLK, but man I'm actually surprised they didn't update that. I figured they'd have like 3 placeholder animations for shooting and randomly pick one when auto-attacking/firing a GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Post on Reddit about 4.1 patch stuff. Cross-server friends list and tells, ho! Now all we need is a 'decline tells from anyone not on my friends list' option.
    Lot of potentially nice things on the horizon, based on that article/interview. I'm stoked for the cross server friend list (and messaging); there's a few folks I'd like to touch base with back on Balmung, so being able to do so would be neato. Kinda glad to see that my stock of the veteran clan logs won't go to waste; also interested to see what they add that costs GC seals (because I'm quickly running out of things to spend them on...do I really need another 4 stacks of ventures upon capping my GC seals).

For whatever reason, I'm kinda giddy about them addressing the glamour system, but I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic on that front until they show us some actual changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I stopped greeding on greens cause I'm always GC capped.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Sell them!

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I greed them all; desynth any SB stuff, especially ilvl 300 items due to them dropping BC3 demimateria, and trade in lower level stuff for seals.

Actually, I don't roll on any items from sub-50 dungeons; simply not worth the spot in my armory. From level 50 dungeons and upward, though, fair game.