Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyXIV View Post
    After 70 I thought doing the ala mhigo dungeon over and over again would be good.

But I somehow realized I'm always the guy with lowest HP as bard and it's always me that dies. I don't understand why I die in the last 30% of 2nd boss and it seems there is a mechanic I don't get on final boss in his <50% phase. I get flamed a lot and wonder... That's it for me: I don't see it, can't handle it and should play single player games. Have you ever felt that way?
    This is why I avoid trinity content. I hate being chained to a tank and healer and putting up with prima donna bullshit. It's why I love the Deep Dungeon, cos I go in relying only on myself to finish. Everyone else is just there to either help or die and slow me down, mostly the former. So if you're after weekly Tomestones, consider doing POTD as an alternative. That or try Frontlines Shatter spam, BRD is great in there.

15+ Year Old Account
    After 70 I thought doing the ala mhigo dungeon over and over again would be good.

But I somehow realized I'm always the guy with lowest HP as bard and it's always me that dies. I don't understand why I die in the last 30% of 2nd boss and it seems there is a mechanic I don't get on final boss in his <50% phase. I get flamed a lot and wonder... That's it for me: I don't see it, can't handle it and should play single player games. Have you ever felt that way?
    What exactly are you dying to? If you've run it several times, and still dying to the same thing over and over again, that's kind of a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    But I somehow realized I'm always the guy with lowest HP as bard and it's always me that dies. I don't understand why I die in the last 30% of 2nd boss and it seems there is a mechanic I don't get on final boss in his <50% phase.
    Umm you shouldn't die. If you die in a dungeon, that means you must take a ton of avoidable damage, which (rightly so) annoys people.

Zenos:
    - do not stand in blue lightning
    - get close to him in green
    - do not stack with others or stand in line with others when he casts red
    - do NOT stand in front of him / near the tank if he says "KILL". That is a cleave.
    - when you get the laser, turn him to the edge of the area and make sure you do not stand near the tank after the void is gone, b/c he will use his big cleave afterwards.
    Once he splits
    - watch out for the red shade version. Apply same logic as if it was him (no cuddling/line)
    - watch out for the green one, go close so you don't get knocked out and take additional damage.

dodge the yellow zones.

Pretty easy (despite looking like a long list). Rest of the damage is non avoidable. Stay in healing range, nothing more annoying than healing a bard with the "must stand at arse of world!" sickness extra.

Don't blame your gear, blame your skill. Dungeons are designed so you cannot undergear them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Don't blame your gear, blame your skill. Dungeons are designed so you cannot undergear them.
    While I agree with this, the last bit is...not entirely true at all, for leveling dungeons at least since they have no ilvl requirement. Trying to heal some one with ilvl 90 in the Vault is near impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    4.1 site has some info, apparently it's the Kojin who will be the first Beast Tribe faction.
    Hildibrand main feature.

Rival Wings has me interested though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    While I agree with this, the last bit is...not entirely true at all, for leveling dungeons at least since they have no ilvl requirement. Trying to heal some one with ilvl 90 in the Vault is near impossible.
    Had one tank in Bardam's Mettle with insanely out-dated gear, most likely came straight from Palace of the Dead.

They really need to put item level requirements for those.

4.1 site has some info, apparently it's the Kojin who will be the first Beast Tribe faction.
    Not surprised it's the Kojin.

Regarding Rival Wings, the set up is what I imagined Frontlines at Cartenaeu should have been described as: war games. The Alliance fighting practice battles to be prepared for a new Garlean invasion, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

The last 30% of the second boss I can't think of anything besides just AoEs that would kill you.

Granyala was fairly accurate in going over the mechanics of the final fight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Had one tank in Bardam's Mettle with insanely out-dated gear, most likely came straight from Palace of the Dead.

I agree with that but at the same time I can understand why they don't. Having to go and get gear (even tho the msq give you gear like goddamn candy) to meet the ilvl requirement is annoying and disrupts the lvl process, though I guess you could argue having level requirements does the same thing. I remember in wow how annoying it was that I would get to a level, unlock the ability to run a dungeon (this is mop + mind you) and not be able to queue because I didn't have the ilvl for it.

Bah, I was hoping the Kojin were the crafters. At this point, looks like it'll be the Namazu. Q_Q I know some people are thinking Anata will be the crafters, but if they follow HW for beast tribe dailies then I doubt they are. Both Vanu Vanu and Gnath have their tribe symbols on the map whereas moogles were had no such one. Not to mention, the beast tribes for combat usually have two tribes dealing with each other (Gundu vs Vundu, Onemind vs No Mind).

Had a similar thing during HW, where I had a tank in Dusk Vigil who had half the HP I did...as a healer. Crazy enough, I managed to carry that lug through the entire run, but no, watching their HP yo-yo every time more than one mob took an autoattack swing at them was not my idea of fun.

Prior to PotD, such a thing was very rare, even with the lack of minimum ilvl. But now you have people showing up to things like Vault in the ilvl 90 AF sets with pre-50 accessories...

- - - Updated - - -

Going to agree with the write up @Granyala posted; that pretty much covers the entire fight. I'd say the main thing that has nearly killed me before was the red phase/attack; basically, if everyone is at one of the major compass points (North/South/East/West), there won't be any overlap. Having those things overlap and thus getting hit by more than one can just about kill anyone who isn't ilvl 310+ (I say 310+ simply due to the fact anyone above 310 gets synced down to that ilvl).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Had a similar thing during HW, where I had a tank in Dusk Vigil who had half the HP I did...as a healer. Crazy enough, I managed to carry that lug through the entire run, but no, watching their HP yo-yo every time more than one mob took an autoattack swing at them was not my idea of fun.

This is why I avoid trinity content. I hate being chained to a tank and healer and putting up with prima donna bullshit. It's why I love the Deep Dungeon, cos I go in relying only on myself to finish. Everyone else is just there to either help or die and slow me down, mostly the former. So if you're after weekly Tomestones, consider doing POTD as an alternative. That or try Frontlines Shatter spam, BRD is great in there.
    Kinda hard to avoid "trinity content" when there's so many dungeons/trials in the story that are required...

I don't see such behavior out of tanks/healers very often, if at all; I've also run a significant amount of dungeons/trials in this xpac so far with FC members in tow, so my numbers are skewed, to say the least. Not that I've provided any numbers.

I would enjoy PotD 100x more if I could simply start at 101. Really really hope they include something equivalent to that once PotD 2.0 arrives in whatever patch later on in SB. I don't care if they had to nerf the drops from the silver/gold bags (which, imo, they wouldn't, since more people would try that stuff, thus more of that stuff on the MB). Out of 6-8 silver bags I had from 101-120, I managed to get the Titan and Ifrit crafted SAM weapons...if it's glam stuff like that, then who gives a shit (and I say that as a crafter who can make any and all of those sorts of weapons).

- - - Updated - - -

Well, when you have a dumbass with 8 vuln stacks from standing in bad, you don't have much of a choice...

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Kinda hard to avoid "trinity content" when there's so many dungeons/trials in the story that are required...
    You can't avoid it completely, but you can minimize it. I don't do duty roulettes, for example, for just that reason. Long as I can get my Tomestones another way, I will. And if I can't, then I guess I'll start ignoring Tomestones. If they ever try and stonewall me from MSQ content with some bullshit like that, then I'll unsub with a nice ripe 'fuck you' to SE. Fortunately I don't see that happening.

Are you getting knocked into the outside bad stuff in the last boss? I think that puts a debuff on you which might be adding more damage.

Also, maybe check your graphics settings and update your drivers. It's possible you aren't seeing the telegraph for some of the mechanics if it's consistently happening in two fights.
    Last edited by RohanV; 2017-09-28 at 04:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    That's a fail on SEs part then.
    I healed Vault in i120 and that was the point where I started to feel that I need to upgrade my gear, I agree that i90 would be quite brutal.

- - - Updated - - -

Pff. 8 stacks is nothing. You should be able to heal him until at least 20.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pff. 8 stacks is nothing. You should be able to heal him until at least 20.
    Until he goes down to 1 health every auto attack it's not high enough.

Ugh I hate this nonsense.

I don't care if a healer leaves me at 10% HP because he's DPSing. If I never die and he's not AFK he's doing it right by my book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I don't care if a healer leaves me at 10% HP because he's DPSing. If I never die and he's not AFK he's doing it right by my book.
    Well it happens. Sometimes tanks do get a spike and boom dead before you could finish the cast.
    I hate tanks that suddenly spike downward 50% or more. (Are they standing in stuff or sth? Difficult to see from my position)

Well it happens. Sometimes tanks do get a spike and boom dead before you could finish the cast.
    I hate tanks that suddenly spike downward 50% or more. (Are they standing in stuff or sth? Difficult to see from my position)
    It usually means DPS was low and cooldowns ran out before trash died. Imagine I have Sentinel Up. 40% DR for 8s. You Holy'd the first 10s of the fight so I took no damage, I popped Sentinel expecting the adds to be dead within 10s. They aren't and now I am starting to spike. I could use another cooldown, but it's much better saved for full duration on the next trash set, esp if mobs are at like near dead.

To better clarify what I meant is that I don't care what HP I am at as long as it is greater > 0. I've never been one to need to be topped off, especially with how brokenly powerful the out of combat healing is.

Live letter was underwhelming.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...cer_live_part/

Pretty annoying that Eureka has been pushed back to 4.2.

Something tells me they are starting to struggle to keep this whole 3 month patch thing afloat.

I mean what do we actually get for losing 1 dungeon?

A Savage fight that very few people will see which is ok since there does need to be harder content.

Running the same dungeons but with NPCs isn't exactly engaging.

Probably me but I'm getting that 3.1 feeling again. Just this time 3.1 didn't take 6 months to appear.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-29 at 02:05 PM.