Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    But I’ve never felt such a tiredness of world content such as Argus.

But I’m expecting a September 2018 for an expansion release
    Well, Argus content is awful. Nevertheless that's no reason for an earlier release date than September '18 as you said. We won't have the expansion any sooner than that which is sad but that's how it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Nope, maybe 2 weeks before blizzcon there will be the usual invasion of Fake Xpac threada
    Yeah just thought there maybe had been any ptr "leaks" etc. I'm not up to date because I'm playing the new (and awesome) GW2 expansion at the moment but I still want to somehow know if there's been anything new lol
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yeah just thought there maybe had been any ptr "leaks" etc. I'm not up to date because I'm playing the new (and awesome) GW2 expansion at the moment but I still want to somehow know if there's been anything new lol
    "Current" and "plausible" leak from PTR are , until now.

Kul Tiras stuff.

Zandalari Stuff removed.

Silithus 7.3.5 rumors.

A September release would only truly be bad if the following small patch or patches are nothing.

I have zero expectations for them either way, but if they are somewhat significant in repeatable content, then a September release would be fine. That’s only 10 months of Antorus (assuming no mini-raid). Longer raid than normal but still shorter than recent end tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    "Current" and "plausible" leak from PTR are , until now.

Kul Tiras stuff.

Zandalari Stuff removed.

Silithus 7.3.5 rumors.
    Yep, that's what I already know from some weeks ago. Nothing new, unfortunately. Well, only 4 more weeks to go until Blizzcon.

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    That’s only 10 months of Antorus (assuming no mini-raid). Longer raid than normal but still shorter than recent end tiers.
    The average time of final end tiers is 12 months. So "just" 10 months would be a success overall.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Regarding the comparison of stats: it seems I was wrong. The 3.1 mil for WoD were from the era where the number of scanned characters was accumulating. The 1.8 mil for Legion cut off those who weren't active in the last month. I thought the 3.1 mil for WoD were already from the era with the filtering for actives. This ended up being a comparison of apples with oranges.

Apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Regarding the comparison of stats: it seems I was wrong. The 3.1 mil for WoD were from the era where the number of scanned characters was accumulating. The 1.8 mil for Legion cut off those who weren't active in the last month. I thought the 3.1 mil for WoD were already from the era with the filtering for actives. This ended up being a comparison of apples with oranges.

Apologies.
    No worries, I simply hope we can all simply enjoy our time with WoW, rather than dreading it's eventual decline.

Death claims us all and what not... Certainly claimed City of Heroes. >_>

On topic though! I'm starting to get a sneaking suspicion that we'll unfortunately be seeing more time travel next expansion... Feel like Nozdormu isn't far off from losing his mind.

Apologies.
    It's alright.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaFirefall View Post
    On topic though! I'm starting to get a sneaking suspicion that we'll unfortunately be seeing more time travel next expansion... Feel like Nozdormu isn't far off from losing his mind.
    That's the kind of time travel I wouldn't mind, because it involves something already evoked many times (the fall of Nozdormu) and wouldn't come out of nowhere like the Iron Horde plot did.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    That's the kind of time travel I wouldn't mind, because it involves something already evoked many times (the fall of Nozdormu) and wouldn't come out of nowhere like the Iron Horde plot did.
    If they handle almost all of it in the present, yes, or if they made it a time warped raid that feels like the Emerald Nightmare where you traverse a broken timescape.

I'm just hoping they don't have us go back in time for a large part of the expansion for a sort of "Mini-WoD" so to speak.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno man, I think they need to be careful with time-travel. TBC and WotLK did decently with it, but the stuff in Cata felt pretty rubbish to me, like, it seriously lacked character and distinctiveness (some may disagree, of course), and all of it shares a flaw that got MUCH worse in Cata's time-travel stuff - tons of shoddy standing around waiting for NPCs to do shit or give speeches.

I don't really play WoW to admire NPCs standing around and giving the same speech for the zillionth time (so glad Rhonin caught a nuke, soz dude). I mean, I like cutscenes, I like story, etc. I like once or twice. Not anything I have to repeat.

M+ is also not super-compatible with NPC grandstanding.

Oh and further, time-traveling into the future usually means time-traveling into even more boredom and generic-ness, so there's that.

I'd be glad to see more dragons, and a certain amount of time-travel but really, not too much, and keep it to interesting stuff, not vague futures and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaFirefall View Post
    If they handle almost all of it in the present, yes, or if they made it a time warped raid that feels like the Emerald Nightmare where you traverse a broken timescape.

I'm just hoping they don't have us go back in time for a large part of the expansion for a sort of "Mini-WoD" so to speak.
    That's exactly what I was thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I dunno man, I think they need to be careful with time-travel. TBC and WotLK did decently with it, but the stuff in Cata felt pretty rubbish to me, like, it seriously lacked character and distinctiveness (some may disagree, of course), and all of it shares a flaw that got MUCH worse in Cata's time-travel stuff - tons of shoddy standing around waiting for NPCs to do shit or give speeches.

I don't really play WoW to admire NPCs standing around and giving the same speech for the zillionth time (so glad Rhonin caught a nuke, soz dude). I mean, I like cutscenes, I like story, etc. I like once or twice. Not anything I have to repeat.

M+ is also not super-compatible with NPC grandstanding.

Oh and further, time-traveling into the future usually means time-traveling into even more boredom and generic-ness, so there's that.

I'd be glad to see more dragons, and a certain amount of time-travel but really, not too much, and keep it to interesting stuff, not vague futures and the like.
    I agree with you, Cata time-travel was definitely not handled very well. But compared to that sh*tfest that was WoD, I'm okay with it haha! I hate instances where we have to follow NPCs and wait for them for ages, hopefully it won't happen because now they're more dynamic and as you said it's not compatible with M+.

I think time-travel is fine when it's in very small doses or if it involve a full plot concerning the bronze dragonflight and that only. If it gets too far, it lacks its appeal. So yep, I guess we agree on that too!

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think time-travel is fine when it's in very small doses or if it involve a full plot concerning the bronze dragonflight and that only. If it gets too far, it lacks its appeal. So yep, I guess we agree on that too!
    Talking of time-travel, you want to hear the saddest thing I hope for in the expansion - a Black Morass/Violet Hold dungeon which they manage to make M+ compatible. I absolutely love those kind of dungeons. I know they're terrible low-effort things, but I feel like you could make them work with M+ by giving some control of the portal openings to the players (at the very least, the faster you close then, the sooner the next one opens, no waiting around - but I think there are better ways). I loved that VH exists in Legion but it's incompatible with M+ which is really sad for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Honestly, WoD could have been resolved had they made the Infinites the main threat and the Iron Horde an afterthought. Gul'Dan still could've escaped and it would've maintained the integrity of the current canon while minimizing plotholes.
    That's very true my good Sir! WoD could have been much better...

That's very true my good Sir! WoD could have been much better...
    Its pretty obvious it was the original intent.

REMINDER

Dadgars dumb kirin tor copy pasta tower (Literally, go inside it, its even got the same fucking music from the camp on IoT) was originally supposed to be a giant spire meant to stop the timeline being changed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Also they're not balancing T21 sets at all. Take a look at Havoc T21 - zero changes since 7.3 PTR.
    You'd have to be a moron to ignore I posted that balancing comes in the first week of T21...

The models NEEDED updated. You can’t have a 201x game with characters with 10 year old graphics. Even if it cost them in the short term it just had to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Its pretty obvious it was the original intent.

REMINDER

Dadgars dumb kirin tor copy pasta tower (Literally, go inside it, its even got the same fucking music from the camp on IoT) was originally supposed to be a giant spire meant to stop the timeline being changed.
    I had forgotten about that, I remember when it was datamined. What was it named already?

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    The models NEEDED updated. You can’t have a 201x game with characters with 10 year old graphics. Even if it cost them in the short term it just had to be done.
    Not really. Minor adjustments every expansion would have been sufficient.

I had forgotten about that, I remember when it was datamined. What was it named already?
    Chronal Spire. A few people have posted videos of what it, old nonshit Tanaan, and Choo-Choo Gorgrond look like.

You misunderstand what is being said.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suite.

It was wrong to have New Models as an EXPANSION feature. They should have just happened... Maybe in a patch.

They took away so much development time "apparently" and they amount to shiny new textures - zero gameplay. Get it yet?
    Art assets is different from gameplay. If you want to blame something in WoD for poor gameplay, blame Garrisons.
    No one complained about WoD's art at the time. Draenor was beautiful, the new models were a huge improvement. That has nothing to do with gameplay.

Not really. Minor adjustments every expansion would have been sufficient.
    No, they wouldn't.
    "Minor adjustments every expansion" would mean they'd take a decade before the models were updated. You'd be playing with blocky characters right now.

Deleted
    Can you speak English if you're going to repeatedly spam this thread with useless nonsense?

- - - Updated - - -

Opinion?

You'd have to be a moron to think ToS is balanced. Or you're just playing a spec at the top. Take your pick.

Also they're not balancing T21 sets at all. Take a look at Havoc T21 - zero changes since 7.3 PTR.
    Step off bitch, the fact that you aren't still banned due to your whiny and bitchy nosense in 90% of the threads doesn't give you the audacity to think you are elegible to wrote post.