Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out what there is to do in warframe besides a lot of spinny flip dashes.

Every video or stream I look up to try and see what high end players are doing in that game is either sitting on a menu or doing a ton of spinny flip dashes and 1shotting trivial mobs. Seems like the epitome of what people are complaining about.
    Think the better question is why are we talking about a Warframe update in a Destiny thread?

Something just tells me the poster in question is wanting to start some game vs game nonsense due to their preference to another game.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I bought the season pass edition and I honestly feel like I wasted €100.

The content is so little and it only lasts 2-3 weeks before it feels super repetitive

It's probably the lest Destiny game I buy because it honestly feels like it should have just been a DLC for Destiny 1 and not an entirely "new game"

It has a lot of potential if i'm being honest but the content just isn't there

Quote Originally Posted by Lucarocks92 View Post
    It's probably the lest Destiny game I buy because it honestly feels like it should have just been a DLC for Destiny 1 and not an entirely "new game"
    Imagine that's because the goal was probably to bring it to new platforms and they weren't about to do that with everything from the first. Which is shit for destiny 1 players, but good for new people.

Guess we'll see how it goes from here.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Imagine that's because the goal was probably to bring it to new platforms and they weren't about to do that with everything from the first. Which is shit for destiny 1 players, but good for new people.

Guess we'll see how it goes from here.
    Problem is its a confusing mess for new players. The game starts with a location you dont know and have no attachment to being destroyed as a big white ball is put in a cage and you head off into the mountains for a vision of a shard of the white ball while a guy you dont know is interrogated by a guy whos forces you dont know talking about events you dont know anything about nor will you ever be told anything about in game. Its design does seem to be mechanically for the dreaded 'wider market appeal' meme. Confusingly however they have zero ingame or even grimoire options for the new player to go "who is this zavala guy? why am i working for him?" and so on.

For example the bad guys in the base game only make sense when you read the D1 grimoire cards where the Cabal begin to have a fixation on you as they cannot kill you because your ghosts keep bringing you back. Theres long lore pieces now considered none canon that set this up and for a player beginning with D2 you have no explanations for anything.

-and worse for the D1 player its even more of a mess because it looks like things like the entire Rise of Iron expansion never happened in canon now but the SIVA from it is still mentioned which just makes it more of a mess and thats just one thing out of many.

@dope_danny Dark souls is a great series but I have pretty much 0 clue why I butt poked all that stuff to death.

Story isn't exactly as important as game play, nor do people really need to know the full context of something to be able to understand whats going on. Been reading comics for some years now for instance and there's so much history there that its impossible to know everything that's going on without going backwards and doing a lot of homework. Doesn't stop a person from being able to appreciate whats presently happening just because they don't have the full context.

That's not to say they didn't screw the pooch with this, but I'll have to experience that on my own. Really though with this kind of game I don't imagine players need a whole lot more than *shoot these things they're gonna do bad stuff!* as long as the gun play is good.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    -and worse for the D1 player its even more of a mess because it looks like things like the entire Rise of Iron expansion never happened in canon now but the SIVA from it is still mentioned which just makes it more of a mess and thats just one thing out of many.
    Yep I notice this real early into the game. 90% of the lore from D1 is not cannon anymore and that's shitty. It would have been awesome if they took the grimoire cards from D1 into D2 so u could read them.

I agree with what others has been saying. This isn't Destiny 2 its Destiny 1.5 and feels more like a dlc/expansion.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    What in the fuck are you talking about? I haven't played for weeks because the game became a boring mess and the raid is a fucken Joke. I am happy I didn't waste more time with the game then I have in the hope it improves.

Ill see what the updates offer and decide if its worth my time again.

I enjoyed my time up to max level, But endgame currently is crap.
    we get it, you are not impressed with destiny 2

- - - Updated - - -

If it meets your expectations from what you have seen then fine. By all means buy it and enjoy it. The problem is when you 1) assume others opinions and 2) when the "infomation" you have is wrong and you try to use it in a argument against people who know way more about the game then you.

You assumed my opinion about the game and the issues I had with it. You was factually wrong then and then you made comments about the game (Like its story) that you where once again wrong about.

Don't know where you did your "Homework" but a lot of it was wrong.

But like I said if it seems fun to you then by all means buy it. I have issues with the game and don't regret buying it, Hell I bought it twice (upgraded from the SD version to limited edition).

Edit: Hell I'm just waiting for the first major patch to hit or DLC then I"m going to play more of it myself.
    how many times

- - - Updated - - -

Yep I notice this real early into the game. 90% of the lore from D1 is not cannon anymore and that's shitty. It would have been awesome if they took the grimoire cards from D1 into D2 so u could read them.

I agree with what others has been saying. This isn't Destiny 2 its Destiny 1.5 and feels more like a dlc/expansion.
    Do you have to same the same thing but slightly differently and then claim you are "just agreeing with other posters"

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    --snip--
    Are you going to post anything constructive or just be a creepy stalker and go thought my post history?

we get it, you are not impressed with destiny 2
    You realize that this comment is proven wrong by the quote you are replying to right?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Are you going to post anything constructive or just be a creepy stalker and go thought my post history?

You realize that this comment is proven wrong by the quote you are replying to right?
    Didnt have to go back more than a few pages in this thread. You are quite repetitive I could have quoted much more If I bothered.

Video games are entertainment. Entertainment is subjective. The game is nearly releasing on PC and all you can do is moan like everyone is waiting on dying breathe for your opinion on it and you've said your piece on it more than enough.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Didnt have to go back more than a few pages in this thread. You are quite repetitive I could have quoted much more If I bothered.

Video games are entertainment. Entertainment is subjective. The game is nearly releasing on PC and all you can do is moan like everyone is waiting on dying breathe for your opinion on it and you've said your piece on it more than enough.
    And all you seem to be able to do is bitch and moan about my opinion of the game. Sorry I'm not going to praise the shit out of it non-stop like you want.

You have two options.

1) Put me on ignore

2) Get over the fact other peoples opinion is different then yours and this thread isn't a echo chamber for you.

Yes entertainment is subjective and I have never said it isn't. I have stated many times people may find the current state of the endgame enjoyable, I don't I think the raid is lackluster as hell. Put enough people on ignore and you may get the echo chamber u want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love the game. <3

Just hit 290 on my titan, other two close behind. Been enjoying the new crucible blood the Iron Banner has brought in. All of my friends who stopped playing seem to have wanted the game to be their new obsession, rather than new hobby. They were playing it every single day, hours on end. Especially when it first launched. They were all super shocked and offended when they "ran out of content" too.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

So i mentioned it a bit earlier but its interesting how this 'is rise of iron not canon?' situation is going down. People are getting pretty upset, more than i expected. The brief rundown:
    -Efrideet is no longer the Iron Banner npc, she is once again 'lost without a trace' and her reappearance in Rise of Iron is never mentioned.
    -Saladin takes her place again and his description lists him as 'the last iron lord' even though D1 ends with him recruiting you as 'the first in a new generation of iron lords'
    -Bungie made sure D1 characters have a few additional lines for the things they did in D1 but in D2 Saladin has gone from calling you his 'young wolf' in D1 to not even recognising you.
    -No mention of characters like Shiro 4 and the ROI cryptarch also does not recognise you or reference the Siva crisis.
    -None of the weapons have any lore about ROI and what they have actively conflicts with it.

The strange thing is every single thing suggests Rise of Iron never happened. That you kill Oryx and head back to The Tower only for Gaul to beat you there. Weird thing is if it was a case of no time for rerecording lines why is there a reference to siva by failsafe? yet they couldnt change the one line below saladin?

It makes me wonder if that second dlc for d2 with the warmind logo WAS rise of iron on the original timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So i mentioned it a bit earlier but its interesting how this 'is rise of iron not canon?' situation is going down. People are getting pretty upset, more than i expected. The brief rundown:
    -Efrideet is no longer the Iron Banner npc, she is once again 'lost without a trace' and her reappearance in Rise of Iron is never mentioned.
    -Saladin takes her place again and his description lists him as 'the last iron lord' even though D1 ends with him recruiting you as 'the first in a new generation of iron lords'
    -Bungie made sure D1 characters have a few additional lines for the things they did in D1 but in D2 Saladin has gone from calling you his 'young wolf' in D1 to not even recognising you.
    -No mention of characters like Shiro 4 and the ROI cryptarch also does not recognise you or reference the Siva crisis.
    -None of the weapons have any lore about ROI and what they have actively conflicts with it.

The strange thing is every single thing suggests Rise of Iron never happened. That you kill Oryx and head back to The Tower only for Gaul to beat you there. Weird thing is if it was a case of no time for rerecording lines why is there a reference to siva by failsafe? yet they couldnt change the one line below saladin?

It makes me wonder if that second dlc for d2 with the warmind logo WAS rise of iron on the original timeline.
    i think like 10 people really care. everyone else realizes its not a big deal and dont even notice it lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    i think like 10 people really care. everyone else realizes its not a big deal and dont even notice it lol
    More people have noticed it, it’s just low on the HUGE list of problems and things wrong with Destiny 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    Love the game. <3

Just hit 290 on my titan, other two close behind. Been enjoying the new crucible blood the Iron Banner has brought in. All of my friends who stopped playing seem to have wanted the game to be their new obsession, rather than new hobby. They were playing it every single day, hours on end. Especially when it first launched. They were all super shocked and offended when they "ran out of content" too.
    In their defense, a lot of people did manage to do this with D1. But the way D2 was designed, the game became stale and boring way faster than D1 ever did. And a lot of this is chocked up to how loot is now handled, the crucible being nothing more than a team shoot snooze fest, the lack of reasons to rerun strikes, and the raid being far more boring than VoG.

Bungie really screwed the pooch with how they handled endgame content in D2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    More people have noticed it, it’s just low on the HUGE list of problems and things wrong with Destiny 2.

- - - Updated - - -

In their defense, a lot of people did manage to do this with D1. But the way D2 was designed, the game became stale and boring way faster than D1 ever did. And a lot of this is chocked up to how loot is now handled, the crucible being nothing more than a team shoot snooze fest, the lack of reasons to rerun strikes, and the raid being far more boring than VoG.

Bungie really screwed the pooch with how they handled endgame content in D2.
    end game is fine and there has been new stuff to do nearly every week.

also IMO this is by far destiny's best version of pvp. no more skill free shot gun sniper 1 shots 24/7 and rewarding team play. much better balance over all.

The raid, is pretty meh, but still fun with friends and pushing it faster and faster as well as new classes / talents take more gear sets to plenty to grind.

All in all, id say D2 > D1 but it does need to continue to improve just like D1 did. Overall still having a ton of fun with 3 305 classes and a clan of 20 or so friends.

my biggest complaint is the token system vs actual drops, but its not a huge deal, just makes the end of matches and bosses slightly less fuck yes feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    end game is fine and there has been new stuff to do nearly every week.

also IMO this is by far destiny's best version of pvp. no more skill free shot gun sniper 1 shots 24/7 and rewarding team play. much better balance over all.

The raid, is pretty meh, but still fun with friends and pushing it faster and faster as well as new classes / talents take more gear sets to plenty to grind.

All in all, id say D2 > D1 but it does need to continue to improve just like D1 did. Overall still having a ton of fun with 3 305 classes and a clan of 20 or so friends.

my biggest complaint is the token system vs actual drops, but its not a huge deal, just makes the end of matches and bosses slightly less fuck yes feeling.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if you think D2 is better than all three years of D1 (epescially year 3), then all I can say is either you’re fucking blind or a Bungie employee running damage control.

New stuff to do every week? You mean running the exact same small amount of repetitive content to simply earn a different type of token for reskinned gear and other shitty rewards? Okay......

This maybe the most balanced PvP has ever been, but it’s also by far the most boring it’s ever been. The slowest movement, with the longest TTK ever in Destiny where most people run around in teams of 4 and team shot each other with MIDAs and you get punished for trying to run around solo. Okay......

And a raid that is being widely heralded as one of the most boring and unrewarding raids to date.....

You can have your opinions, but that doesn’t change the fact that D2 has failed in MANY areas and that large swaths of the community are getting sick of this shit from Bungie. Hell, even the big streamers are having a hard time keeping up their positive facade and are starting to call out all the flaws and bullshit.

Defending a bad game WILL NOT help to make it better. So please stop defending a bad game.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-10-17 at 11:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    Love the game. <3

In Destiny 1, your friends wouldn't have this problem. There was always something to strive for. Now, by 290 (which takes all but a week or so to get to for an average player) will have everything worth having, and have done every activity there is to do. There is absolutely no reason to increase your Power Level beyond 270 in this game as there are no rewards that require you to be higher than that. The game kinda dies off at that point.

So Destiny 1, you can play every day for 10 hours at a time, and have fun for months. Destiny 2, 2 weeks at most at that rate.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Still enjoying it so far personally. Just chugging along on a Warlock now playing as casually as I can.

10+ Year Old Account
    so console beta-testers, how is destiny 2 ? worth getting on 24th for pc ?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    so console beta-testers, how is destiny 2 ? worth getting on 24th for pc ?
    Can't comment on the beta part since the game plays like a finished product for me on PS4.

As for if it's worth getting only you can really decide that. It's your money at the end of the day.