Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    And I'm saying the datamined information means nothing on its own right now. So why not take both equally seriously?

I mean I get everyone forgot about this in the High Elf craze, but there's this thing called The Wound. It's leaking Titan Blood.

It's heavily implied that mages like Aethas and Khadgar have an inherent draw toward this energy.

At the very least what's saying this isn't come kind of clue that OTHER powerful mages won't be immediately drawn to The Wound like a beacon? You know, folks like Jaina? Or common villain theory Azshara?
    The datamined information isn't on its own, though. This conversation compliments it fairly well. Again, this is an assumption based on past trends. And people just weren't talking about Aethas because the Silgryn/Liadrin conversation was more easily related to the on-going conversation about subraces. It makes sense we didn't randomly talk about Aethas' conversation's relation to the wound when the wound wasn't relevant, but I get you.

On to your point, I think you're probably right. I mean, Khadgar basically straight up says that powerful forces will want to claim the blood, and Jaina and Azshara will probably feature heavily in 8.0 so it does make sense.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i mean, i've always said they suit horde better.

they have nothing in common with the night elves, other than being tall and purple. they don't even seem to worship elune anymore.

couple that fact with their treatment by tyrande, it's not even remotely surprising they'd want to ally with the blood elves if they ever pick a side. i still feel really doubtful it'll actually happen in the form of playable nightborne(even considering these leaks, i still need to see it to believe it), but i'd definitely expect to see it in the form of npcs.
    I mean someone will reply to you about how they took in the folks from the Moon Guard. Or how Night Elf grew the Arcandor for them.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

And I'm saying the datamined information means nothing on its own right now.
    Except we're not taking it on its own, we're linking it with implications in game that have new meaning taking after the datamined information into account. Not sure what the fuss is about.

I mean someone will reply to you about how they took in the folks from the Moon Guard. Or how Night Elf grew the Arcandor for them.
    the moon guard and that single valewalker aren't really proof to me. they aren't involved with the rest of night elven society in any way. the valewalker has lived alone in suramar for thousands of years, and the moon guard must have kept their selves hidden or they would have been killed, like the shendralar.

It's worth noting that Silgryn is the one spearheading the conversations with Liadrin. Silgryn isn't one of the main Nightborne from Shal'aran, and could very well be the defacto leader of whatever group of Nightborne would join the Horde, who share his ideals and a desire to see the rest of the world, unrelated to the rest. This is purely speculative of course, but it does make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    It's worth noting that Silgryn is the one spearheading the conversations with Liadrin. Silgryn isn't one of the main Nightborne from Shal'aran, and could very well be the defacto leader of whatever group of Nightborne would join the Horde, who share his ideals and a desire to see the rest of the world, unrelated to the rest. This is purely speculative of course, but it does make sense.
    Oh yeah I'll agree with you there. Just felt like bringing the fact up as people have pounced on the Valewalker and Moon Guard stuff to try and claim there's no Horde connection here.

7+ Year Old Account
    i mean, i've always said they suit horde better.
    argh, those times when a race of elves suit "better" a faction of tribal and barbaric monsters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    argh, those times when a race of elves suit "better" a faction of tribal and barbaric monsters
    Let's be honest, the Horde these days is more defined as "Not the Alliance" than anything.

Doesn't suit the Alliance? "Suits the Horde better."

For someone who is new to this thread, how would someone summarise what had been missed; to catch up?

... Asking for a friend.

horde isn't monsters, they never have been. they've always just been people wanting to live their lives without being oppressed or killed, formed into a faction to help each other survive.

the "savage" idealism of some is meaningless. it's never been about savagery, it's about survival and living in peace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harisun View Post
    For someone who is new to this thread, how would someone summarise what had been missed; to catch up?

... Asking for a friend.
    Some Kul'tiras armor was datamined. It was filed in a way to suggest that "Kul'tiras" is the next Expansion. Like "Legion," "Draenor," and "Pandaria."

Blizz then hid the names of the armor, and also hid the names of a bunch of Zandalari stuff.

Then we found a horse named Seabraid, some ghost horse noises, and a Raptor mount. (Also a possible Tortollan pet which is the biggest news of the thread)

Then folks dug into Chrraces and found 4 new entries. Nightborne, Highmountain Tauren, Lightforged Draenei.... and Void Elf. They have some flags that match playable races, but also some flags that match NPC races. But the fact Void Elf pointed to the Blood Elf model basically set off a massive firestorm about High Elves on Alliance.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND here we are.

Oh and there was some speculation about a missing Kul'tiras lieutenant who could get the Davy Jones treatment according to a few possible leaks.

Oh and a bunch of leaks talking about an Azeroth revamp again.

Really pretty par for the course if you take out the chrraces firestorm.

OH! Also a new book by Christie Golden. "Before the Storm," which is apparently the lead-in to this expansion.
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2017-10-23 at 05:35 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    horde isn't monsters, they never have been. they've always just been people wanting to live their lives without being oppressed or killed, formed into a faction to help each other survive.

the "savage" idealism of some is meaningless. it's never been about savagery, it's about survival and living in peace.
    its the aesthetic dear, since MOp blizzard is ripping apart what is Horde and making look like a red alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    You have a fundamental misunderstanding of what makes the Horde the Horde.
    pretty sure its not elves who make the horde the horde

7+ Year Old Account
    For a horde fan you sure call the horde "monsters" quite a lot.

Formerly known as Arafal

its the aesthetic dear, since MOp blizzard is ripping apart what is Horde and making look like a red alliance
    the aesthetic isn't important. it's a coalition of peoples meant to ensure each others' survival.

the ideals behind are what matters. if we're going to sort everything based on aesthetics, night elves wouldn't have any allies. orcs, trolls, and tauren would only be horde. undead would stay scourge, and the alliance would be only belf, human, dwarf and gnome.

take away motivations and nothing in the lore matters at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    you guys are being ALOT simplistic about the horde ,"just people together to survive" the horde is not only this, its not what thrall, Orgrin, vol'jin and caerne fight for.

and come on, after they knocked over Elisande there is no such thing renegades trying to survive in a dangerous world, they are pretty fine alone in suramar

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    For a horde fan you sure call the horde "monsters" quite a lot.
    its what we are

you guys are being ALOT simplistic about the horde ,"just people together to survive" the horde is not only this, its not what thrall, Orgrin, vol'jin and caerne fight for.

and come on, after they knocked over Elisande there is no such thing renegades trying to survive in a dangerous world, they are pretty fine alone in suramar

- - - Updated - - -

its what we are
    That's exactly what Thrall and Vol'jin were fighting for though. To make a place in the world for the Horde to live that could be their own. Garrosh took it a step too far and wanted to take the world for the Horde.

Silgryn expresses an interest in understanding and being a part of the world outside, and would need allies for he and his theoretical followers to survive in it. I don't see the disconnect here.

Maybe not the underworld or Naga expansion. Maybe is going to be a war expansion were the blood of Azeroth is going to be the main resource to win. Maybe we are going to get access to Gilneas, Gadgetzan, Kultiras, etc. The new resource is the perfect moment to gain domination. I think i wont be a surprise of Zandalar and Kultiras takes advantage of this situation.

While Alliance and Horde kill each other, Nzoth is preparing to attack.

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Maybe not the underworld or Naga expansion. Maybe is going to be a war expansion were the blood of Azeroth is going to be the main resource to win. Maybe we are going to get access to Gilneas, Gadgetzan, Kultiras, etc. The new resource is the perfect moment to gain domination. I think i wont be a surprise of Zandalar and Kultiras takes advantage of this situation.

While Alliance and Horde kill each other, Nzoth is preparing to attack.
    "Because of the wound in Silithus we will go to all these places that are no where remotely near Silithus."

Great detective work.

Deleted
    Some Kul'tiras armor was datamined. It was filed in a way to suggest that "Kul'tiras" is the next Expansion. Like "Legion," "Draenor," and "Pandaria."

Blizz then hid the names of the armor, and also hid the names of a bunch of Zandalari stuff.

Then we found a horse named Seabraid, some ghost horse noises, and a Raptor mount. (Also a possible Tortollan pet which is the biggest news of the thread)

Then folks dug into Chrraces and found 4 new entries. Nightborne, Highmountain Tauren, Lightforged Draenei.... and Void Elf. They have some flags that match playable races, but also some flags that match NPC races. But the fact Void Elf pointed to the Blood Elf model basically set off a massive firestorm about High Elves on Alliance.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND here we are.

Oh and there was some speculation about a missing Kul'tiras lieutenant who could get the Davy Jones treatment according to a few possible leaks.

Oh and a bunch of leaks talking about an Azeroth revamp again.

Really pretty par for the course if you take out the chrraces firestorm.

OH! Also a new book by Christie Golden. "Before the Storm," which is apparently the lead-in to this expansion.
    What he said.

Also this logo leaked. Most in the thread now think it's fake because the frame is similar to the frame used in Legion or whatever, but it's still a possibility given how detailed it is compared to old fake logos.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Yeah but absolutely nothing about the Nightborne screams:

Shunned
    Opressed
    Without options
    Savage/Primitive
    Fighting for Survival
    Hmm, I would say the player-allied nightborne living in Shal'Aran are shunned, oppressed, without options, and fighting for survival when we meet them. We did defeat their leader who was responsible for all of that, but it wouldnt be surprising if a lot of them chose not to go back to the city that rejected them.