Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasBlizzCon View Post
    I am now 90% certain that Tides of Vengeance is the real expansion. There's just so much about the new image (not the one by Mayples) that screams authentic. First of all, the waves splashing around the letters 'Warcraft' look great. So it's clearly a professionally animated logotype.

Then we have the buttons underneath the logo on the website; Legion's promotional website used entirely different buttons. So these ones are either faked exceptionally well or taken from some other source.
    *sigh* Maybe. Maybe not. I'm just tired of that ToV debate, I'm gonna have a nap.

@Zoibert the Bear A BEAR NAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    So getting your phone out of your pocket and screening a screen is easier than doing a screenshot? Yeah, not convinced. MoP and Cata were never debunked like this, Cata was very credible and MoP as well even if at the time some would argue it would be a mini-game.
    To play the devil's advocate, yes it would be. Especially if said computers were in a kiosk mode of some manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Should be fixed now, sorry about that.

While true that some things look pretty authentic, it should be treated as any other unconfirmed good looking leak until we actually have something to go on (domain registration resolving back to Blizzard, trademark, stuff like that).
    can you post the googledocs again? =)

To play the devil's advocate, yes it would be. Especially if said computers were in a kiosk mode of some manner.
    Yeah, I agree with that. I rushed into my sentence and didn't express myself properly. My logic was the following: if they were showing it, people wouldn't dare taking their phones out. Soooo there wouldn't even be a leak. Or there would be many screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by texhex View Post
    can you post the googledocs again? =)
    You can always find it in my signature, and a bunch of other people's signatures as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    Could it be a projection onto a screen rather than a CRT and show those scan lines or something like that? I agree it's quite weird if its definitely CRT.
    Who the hell still has a CRT monitor?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    We are still expecting an expansion around Kul'tiras
    Nope, the expansion will be on a new planet, most probable Argus

Sombra's design was leaked by a badly taken phone image just like what...6 months ago?

I don't see how badly blurred and taken from a phone actually discredits it in any way. Right now, just as no one has any evidence proving it's real, no one has any evidence proving it's fake. We have to wait for Blizzcon or the person who faked it (if it's fake) will have to come forward and prove they did.

Employee is setting up the demo on a booth (unlikely, it is far too early, but say it's what is happening). Janitor passes by and snaps a photo. Employee does not notice a thing because he is looking at this screen and noone pays attentions to janitors.
    Janitors confirmed as the 4th rogue spec.

I don't mind about this, it's jut frustrating when people keep defending a leak that has been debunked by people who know (at least apparently) what they're talking about haha!

So getting your phone out of your pocket and screening a screen is easier than doing a screenshot? Yeah, not convinced. MoP and Cata were never debunked like this, Cata was very credible and MoP as well even if at the time some would argue it would be a mini-game.

EDIT: My point is, if it was genuinely taken by a phone during a presentation, first of all I doubt the person would have dared to take their phone out (so there shouldn't be any leak at all) and even if they did, shouldn't we see something like parts of the room or something?

I'm sorry if I'm being a bit vehement here, it's just Veil of Shadows all over again, and sooooo many leaks before. I don't want to get my hopes up.
    No one has debunked or proven the image of the logo as of right now. Unless you have some source I'm not aware of.

Deleted
    While true that some things look pretty authentic, it should be treated as any other unconfirmed good looking leak until we actually have something to go on (domain registration resolving back to Blizzard, trademark, stuff like that).
    True enough. I'll take a lot for me to get fully aboard with ToV, but in my opinion it's certainly the most credible leak to date.

*sigh* Maybe. Maybe not. I'm just tired of that ToV debate, I'm gonna have a nap.
    Well, in my view it's not really a debate as much as it is a waiting game.

We know the logo could be real; there isn't any specific piece of evidence which suggests otherwise. You can argue that various aspects of the logotype look poorly done in the images we've seen, or that it seems unlikely that the logo would leak this way, and so on. But that's still just speculation. As far as we know, the logo could be real.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    Could it be a projection onto a screen rather than a CRT and show those scan lines or something like that? I agree it's quite weird if its definitely CRT.
    It's possible that it could be a projection, yes. But it would still have to be from a source with a refresh rate low enough to be captured on a cell phone camera.

Yes, even if you assume that they actually have direct access to the computer this was displayed on. Then you would also have to assume that they have either open access to the internet or an active USB port on that computer and a usb stick on hand. And also enough unsupervised time to actually do either option. Yes, at that point it's easier to take your phone out and snap a quick shitty picture (probably "from the hip" to be less obvious). I mean there is a reason why this type of leak is a trope and fakes are made that same way.
    Last edited by Samin; 2017-10-24 at 11:01 AM.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Deleted
    Public servants.
    ?? We talking America or Europe cos I spent a few weeks interning at the council way back in the late 00s and the only CRT I saw was in the back of the store room :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NightGamer View Post
    Nope, the expansion will be on a new planet, most probable Argus
    Wow your out of the loop, kultiras is about the only solid thing we know about next expac from the data mining.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge12309 View Post
    The logo looks very good, only thing that makes me doubt it are the shitty blue splatters on the letters
    Could it be that this logo is animated, i.e. blue waves floating across the letters? Might this be the reason for blue letters?

Edit:
    Just saw this was already discussed.
    Last edited by losmarios; 2017-10-24 at 11:11 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    we know about next expac from the data mining.
    you know nothing, you probable have no idea how easy is for devs to put some fake clues for general lol.

Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    ?? We talking America or Europe cos I spent a few weeks interning at the council way back in the late 00s and the only CRT I saw was in the back of the store room :/

- - - Updated - - -

Wow your out of the loop, kultiras is about the only solid thing we know about next expac from the data mining.
    Kul'Tiras is on Argus, that's why no one has been able to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vacashamanica View Post
    The character models (sub-races) added to the database are obviously the ones they are going to show at Blizzcon.
    My guess is that the sub-races are going to be the big selling point for the new expac.
    That was also the big selling point (new playable models) for the worst expac ever (Draenor).
    I´m not excited about nothing yet.
    I don't think subraces will be a major selling point. "Customization" will be. Subraces are just one of the many new customization options we will get.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamon View Post
    If "sub-races" (Or races related to other available race) makes it into the game, will they enhance the "Racial trait matters" that was in Vanilla without breaking it to min-maxers to exploit?

Example: Nightborne arcane knowledge can blink a short distance and has a short cooldown, like roll was for pandaren as a racial.
    I think subraces will just have variations of the base race's racials. So, expect a nightborne to play like a blood elf.

Some people are theorizing we are getting "void elves" just to justify how high elves will be able to shadowmeld. It makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    If Sub-Races were to be a thing, and everyone got one, I wonder what Goblins would get. Hobgoblins? Gilblins?? Mecha Goblins?!?!
    I don't expect every race to have a subrace. Some races will get other cosmetic options instead. Like, say, "body type". A slimmer agile human, a fat goblin, straight-back orc and so on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Kul'Tiras is on Argus, that's why no one has been able to find it.
    That's my feeling also, is on Argus and next expansion is on Argus, we see the planet from every where now, we see the hidden "clue" in DH class hall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    The "Tides" part is certainly something catchy they can use to refer to it officially for the whole xpac. It's a good name
    Too long. It will be referred to as ToV.