Auras should just turn on when you socket them so they persist through death as well but I'm not sure if the current way gems work can handle that. Plus they probably don't want it because recasting buffs in your hideout is good gameplay or some nonsense like that.

Does anyone know if Curse on Hit affects bosses?

Just wondering if it's actually worth my mana casting my Orb of Storms-Curse on Hit-Lightning Weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Does anyone know if Curse on Hit affects bosses?

Just wondering if it's actually worth my mana casting my Orb of Storms-Curse on Hit-Lightning Weakness.
    Most bosses can be cursed (a few certain ones like Atziri can't), though bosses have 60% less curse effectiveness (or 80% in the case of the Shaper). So if for example your Conductivity should reduce lightning resistance by 40%, it'd only reduce it by 16% on bosses. Probably still worth it in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    Most bosses can be cursed (a few certain ones like Atziri can't), though bosses have 60% less curse effectiveness (or 80% in the case of the Shaper). So if for example your Conductivity should reduce lightning resistance by 40%, it'd only reduce it by 16% on bosses. Probably still worth it in general.
    Thanks so much

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Auras should just turn on when you socket them
    No. This presents a number of build and gear problems. One may not always want all their auras 'on' and alternatively want to swap auras as a skill command.

You can get the added burden of swapping your gems out then, imo, in order to save the rest of us the headache.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Howdy. Coming back to the game after several months off, since prior to Fall of Oriath! As I understand it, there's only one difficulty setting now, so I am wondering, how are we best advised to level up? Is the difficulty just based on level now? And I just keep playing the storyline until max level, then do maps? I'd love to jump into Act V and/or maps right now, but I am stuck in Act IV, level 57, was going through my second run when I took a break. Any advice is appreciated.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Howdy. Coming back to the game after several months off, since prior to Fall of Oriath! As I understand it, there's only one difficulty setting now, so I am wondering, how are we best advised to level up? Is the difficulty just based on level now? And I just keep playing the storyline until max level, then do maps? I'd love to jump into Act V and/or maps right now, but I am stuck in Act IV, level 57, was going through my second run when I took a break. Any advice is appreciated.
    Now in 3.0, you can't do maps until after finishing Act 10, so there's little choice really; you'll have to play through the entire campaign before you can map. Each act is gradually more difficult as you'd expect; you'll probably be roughly lv 70 by the time you finish A10 (similar to finishing Act 4 Merciless in the old system).

Note that the old resistance penalties (how you had -20 resists in Cruel and -60 resists in Merciless) now are applied after finishing A5 and A10 respectively. Depending how your resists are, you may want to try to do Merciless Labyrinth before finishing Act 10. Death penalties (for non-Hardcore) are based on where you die; if you die while in Act 5 or earlier you don't lose XP, if you die in Acts 6-10 you lose 5% of your level, and if you die in maps you lose 10% of your level.

If you're continuing an existing lv 57 character, Act 5 should be a cinch and Act 6 pretty easy too; you probably won't get much xp from them so you might not be so overleveled by the time you get to act 7 or 8. To get to Act 5, leave Highgate through the new northeast exit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Found out a way to make ES summoner work. Ignore CI because it's trash. Presence of Chayula is just too good to give up for CI.

It makes it much easier to get high chaos resist. The Vertex is also great now that it has a high amount of ES compared to rares and 30% chaos resistance. I don't even need to wear a shavs because with those two items and some chaos resist on two rares I'm at 75% chaos resistance. Even when I have just 1.2k life I can still easily survive chaos damage because it was never balanced around capped chaos resistance. I did a Chayula breachstone and the chaos damage wasn't an issue at all.

Thanks to that my spectre necromancer build has 5 spectres, 1.2k life, and 10.6k ES. I still don't think ES is fine though. The only reason this works is because of how insane Presence of Chayula is. That amulet is expensive and ES as a whole shouldn't have to rely on it to function.

The CI node really just needs a buff now. Losing the more % ES just kills it when chaos damage isn't a threat. Also buff ES as a whole. I'm going to have literally every ES node on the tree by level 92 and all my jewels have maximum energy shield %. How many builds can afford to dedicate that many points to ES and still do damage?
    I totally agree, I also play necro (be it flame golems instead of spectres) and instead of opting life vs es, I just went hybrid with presence of chayula for bosses and biscos for mapping. 3k HP+6k ES (before presence) and it is more then fine!
    Not enough life nodes around witch start and feels bad skipping the ES nodes around there.

I'm having some mighty vaal luck this league too. Vaaled my own +1 rainbowstrides and 21/20 flame golem and 20% minion dmg biscos (though I am still trying for a +1 curse one)
    Last edited by falagar112; 2017-10-13 at 09:30 PM.
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/vi...1991830/page/1
    ^ recommend. No deaths all the way to maps with mostly just cyclone. Clear maps in 3-4 mins with flicker. Just nuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Harbinger Content Integration

tldr; Only Annulment Orb is being added to the core game.

- - - Updated - - -

Try out our new trade site!

Today we have launched a beta version of pathofexile.com/trade, a trade site that has similar functionality to popular community sites. We have also augmented our Online API to take into account AFK players and those in DND mode. This functionality is available for all trade sites that consume this API and should help make trade results more accurate for everyone. Read the rest of this news post for information on pathofexile.com/trade, or click here to read our Trade Manifesto if you'd like to hear more about our philosophy behind trade in Path of Exile.

A small subteam have been working on pathofexile.com/trade for a year now, with the goal of creating a slick, fast experience that supports many of the features of other community trade sites:

• Search through item listings from the Public Stash API as well as linked items in trade threads from the forum.
    • An extensive set of filters to find that perfect item.
    • Automatic support for new mods and unique items as they are found in leagues.
    • Live-searches that notify you of matching items as they are listed by other players.
    • A trade-specific blacklist to hide item listings from abusive players.
    • Available in all the languages Path of Exile supports (English, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese, Thai, German, French and Spanish).

The goal of this site isn't to change how trading works, but to provide more options for our players. It doesn't really matter which site you use, but it does matter that there's always one available and in your language. We also hope that additional features we add over time help reduce certain frustrations related to trade. API changes like the AFK/DND information will of course be available for external trade sites to use.

Over the last few weeks we have invited some prominent community members to test this site, and have incorporated most of their feedback into the version you see today. It's still a beta, so please let us know more feedback in this thread!

For more information about our philosophy behind trade in Path of Exile, we invite you to read the Trade Manifesto.
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2025871
    Trade Manifesto - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2025870
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2017-11-02 at 05:29 PM.

Well, there's one really interesting bit on the forum post, which is superb in my opinion.
    So that's where we are today. It's easy to list items for trade, easy to search for items, and is often quite frustrating to complete a trade. This remaining frustration is the only thing standing in the way of trades being basically instant. While we understand that this sounds like a positive thing, we are very concerned regarding what will happen if that does eventuate. We have to prioritise the long-term health of Path of Exile.
    Basically, they're telling everyone that's all about "trade is mandatory!!!!" that actually it's a very risky feature and a double edged blade. As written multiple times, trading itself is not a problem, but how big the impact is on the gameplay.

And unfortunately, the impact is not determined by ingame variables (drop rates, exclusive items, crafting) but mostly by external sources - as trading was enabled, there was people looking for optimization and how to make trading easier/faster to have the most value out of it. And while as specified in the post people who actually have a huge volume of trades (and have definitely an easier time in gearing) is a low overall percentage, making trading easier would just exacerbate the situation and damage the game over the long term.

Just straight forward: look at what the AH/RMAH did to D3. It was just better to buy your stuff than actually playing the game. Trading needs to be integrated but not a prominent aspect. And this is a very big proof.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Well, there's one really interesting bit on the forum post, which is superb in my opinion.

Basically, they're telling everyone that's all about "trade is mandatory!!!!" that actually it's a very risky feature and a double edged blade. As written multiple times, trading itself is not a problem, but how big the impact is on the gameplay.

And unfortunately, the impact is not determined by ingame variables (drop rates, exclusive items, crafting) but mostly by external sources - as trading was enabled, there was people looking for optimization and how to make trading easier/faster to have the most value out of it. And while as specified in the post people who actually have a huge volume of trades (and have definitely an easier time in gearing) is a low overall percentage, making trading easier would just exacerbate the situation and damage the game over the long term.

Just straight forward: look at what the AH/RMAH did to D3. It was just better to buy your stuff than actually playing the game. Trading needs to be integrated but not a prominent aspect. And this is a very big proof.
    How does AH have any impact on if you want to play your game or buy stuff? people already use poe.trade and unless all you do is flip stuff, you will generally have the item within a minute or two anyway
    D3 AH (disregarding RMAH completely) was flawed, because D3 was massive with millions of players and the only currency it worked on was easily farmable gold, making the inflation out of this world and had only two modes at the time, SC and HC, PoE AH wouldnt have such issues IMO, it has way smaller community, more leagues splitting people and atleast HC and temporary leagues wont have the issues with hyper inflation, the easily obtainable currencies would have no impact on AH in any way if the trades were in the popular fus/chaos/ex...

And frankly, for every person who would quit earlier over having easier access to trade is there a person NOW, who doesnt bother with PoE past certain point simply because if they are unfamiliar with the trading, it feels like a chore... in a game, where RNG lootpinata is even more random than in D3 and farming for specific items, outside of divi cards and few specific boss drops, is pretty much impossible, compared to D3, which made drops be compatible with the class you play...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    How does AH have any impact on if you want to play your game or buy stuff? people already use poe.trade and unless all you do is flip stuff, you will generally have the item within a minute or two anyway
    D3 AH (disregarding RMAH completely) was flawed, because D3 was massive with millions of players and the only currency it worked on was easily farmable gold, making the inflation out of this world and had only two modes at the time, SC and HC, PoE AH wouldnt have such issues IMO, it has way smaller community, more leagues splitting people and atleast HC and temporary leagues wont have the issues with hyper inflation, the easily obtainable currencies would have no impact on AH in any way if the trades were in the popular fus/chaos/ex...

And frankly, for every person who would quit earlier over having easier access to trade is there a person NOW, who doesnt bother with PoE past certain point simply because if they are unfamiliar with the trading, it feels like a chore... in a game, where RNG lootpinata is even more random than in D3 and farming for specific items, outside of divi cards and few specific boss drops, is pretty much impossible, compared to D3, which made drops be compatible with the class you play...
    Your argument is utterly meaningless.
    The very simple fact is that GGG do not want an AH, never have and never will you can argue all you like but it's not going to change anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    tldr; Only Annulment Orb is being added to the core game.
    That's some fucking bullshit right there.

Kinda glad I gave up on this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Your argument is utterly meaningless.
    The very simple fact is that GGG do not want an AH, never have and never will you can argue all you like but it's not going to change anything.
    "never have never will" You can argue that all you like but you have no fucking clue what GGG will do in the future. We never thought they'd make a trade website, but here it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    -snip-
    What has this to do with my post. It's not an opinion - it's a fact - if trading is easy most if not all players trade and not play the game because everyone wants to go the easiest route. It doesn't matter if you put and harder challenge on yourself - easy trade in a loot based game is a no-no.

And this comes from GGG which are all about trading. I think their solution is really good. Harder trading makes people actually play/farm instead of just looking at a loot lis and deck their character to the point they have no reason to play.

If your (generic you) main goal is to get real money from a game maybe you should go do something else more productive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    "never have never will" You can argue that all you like but you have no fucking clue what GGG will do in the future. We never thought they'd make a trade website, but here it is.
    Agree. Though this is on line with their philosophy - they cannot stop people making third party stuff to make trading easier. Instead they provide an official source while they take steps so trades don't become so easy people will just buy everything right on start.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    What has this to do with my post. It's not an opinion - it's a fact - if trading is easy most if not all players trade and not play the game because everyone wants to go the easiest route. It doesn't matter if you put and harder challenge on yourself - easy trade in a loot based game is a no-no.
    I have to disagree with this personally. My biggest draw to this game wasn't farming for the items I wanted. That has always been the single worst part about Diablo-esque games. I only really started enjoying a class when it came to fruition. I have all the required uniques, I have really good but not too expensive rares, and just raping through maps. Before that point it takes me so much effort to play a new character, because they just suck so much until you get the gear, gems, and talents required to make the full build work.

It's why I ultimately gave up on this game. GGG seemed hellbent on nerfing builds, making gear hard to obtain, making crafting fucking impossible and expensive, and make trade is hard and unreliable as possible. I got one of each class up to about 75ish, to a point where I couldn't advance without getting better, more optimized, more expensive gear, and stopped playing. I hit a wall on each character, got tired of dying and losing all that experience, and finally just gave up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

7+ Year Old Account

And this comes from GGG which are all about trading. I think their solution is really good. Harder trading makes people actually play/farm instead of just looking at a loot lis and deck their character to the point they have no reason to play.

If your (generic you) main goal is to get real money from a game maybe you should go do something else more productive.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree. Though this is on line with their philosophy - they cannot stop people making third party stuff to make trading easier. Instead they provide an official source while they take steps so trades don't become so easy people will just buy everything right on start.
    That's oversimplifying the matter. You're forgetting the opportunity cost you sacrifice by not "playing the game." You don't magically have access to 200 exa just because an auction house would exist. So yes, while trading is an option, you still need to earn currency/gear in the first place to make those trades. People won't just give away good items for free.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I have to disagree with this personally. My biggest draw to this game wasn't farming for the items I wanted. That has always been the single worst part about Diablo-esque games. I only really started enjoying a class when it came to fruition. I have all the required uniques, I have really good but not too expensive rares, and just raping through maps. Before that point it takes me so much effort to play a new character, because they just suck so much until you get the gear, gems, and talents required to make the full build work.

It's why I ultimately gave up on this game. GGG seemed hellbent on nerfing builds, making gear hard to obtain, making crafting fucking impossible and expensive, and make trade is hard and unreliable as possible. I got one of each class up to about 75ish, to a point where I couldn't advance without getting better, more optimized, more expensive gear, and stopped playing. I hit a wall on each character, got tired of dying and losing all that experience, and finally just gave up.
    You sure your builds weren't fucked? Every character I've made has been a breeze until around 80, that's when I actually start buying gear for them. Until then I throw a few alchemy orbs at some good grey base items and just run with that. I also noticed people who die a lot ignore resists, which you simply can't do.
    Most builds finish at 92, so it sucks you never got to see your builds complete and taking down shaper and stuff. I really don't get what's so hard about the trading system. Is it that people just don't want to or know how to interact with other people? Even when the majority of the interaction is click accept, go to hideout, click trade, done? I've used poe trade so many times, never had any issues. I actually prefer it to any in game ah, since I can be so specific in what I'm looking for when searching.

Trading is an atrocity in this game, and by the looks of it we'll be stuck with this shit for a while.

That forum post is bullshit. People will buy the items for their build anyway, but there's no winner in making it require 50 clicks and 30-60 minutes instead of 2-3.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2017-11-04 at 08:30 AM.