10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Hopefully the blog today actually has some decent info... If not there will be a revolt.
    Agreed. This is really their last chance to make amends before they are thrown to the side by many players.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Thank you for such detailed response ! I just played until I regained my 'light', then I traveled to Europe, where I got a bit lost, but I guess that is just a matter of play more.

Questions:

- That Europe zone is an open world zone? It could be something like a WoW zone? It seemed to me that enemies respawned constantly. BTW I saw some players in it, is there a limit of players per zone or how it works?

- Should I buy equipment in the city in the countryside? Or just wait to loot it? Shall I break / sell every item of lower IL?

- I'm a bit confused about how weapons works, because it seemed to me that when I equipped one it changed the others. I had something like a pistol and a rifle and when I changed it I had like two revolvers.

- How can I change specs? Because at the beginning I had a fire revolver as a special attack and now I have a lighting spear (which is pretty cool).

- Do enemies scale with your level?

- It looks to me that I move at a slow pace (even running), does that gets better? Or it might be that I'm used to BF1 where it seems that I move faster?

Thanks !
    One by one.

1. EDZ is the biggest planet we have and, if you hit M you will see entire zone. Its totally open and i dunno if there is a limit of players per zone.

2. Now - super easy weapon breakthrough - each weapon/armor drop according to your power level. But each tier of items (white, green, blue, purple) has soft cap or power it can drop. Green is 200, blue is 260 and purple is 265. Generally, each item will drop with higher ilvl than your power lvl, till they hit their respective cap. After that they will drop still with your power lvl -5. Basically, most efficient way to gear up is as follow:
    Till power lvl 200 just dont bother, equip what drops for you. DONT SPENT ANY FACTION TOKENS.
    After you get power lvl 200 green gear wont be better, and probably you will never see it again as drop. Dont worry, each event and most zones give you blue items. Each blue item will drop at your power level from range on-2 to +4. So, at 200 power lvl it will be from 198 to 204. Basically, till power lvl 260 use blue gear, DONT SPENT ANY FACTION TOKENS.
    After you get to power lvl 260 start spending those nice and juicy faction tokens. Because they will give you purple gear, which has soft cap of 265. Depending how much you saved tokens it can take a while or couple minutes. Basically, from this point (260 power lvl) blue gear is meanningless and purple gear is the get go. But purples cap is 265.
    If you have 265 power lvl - congrats. You hitted soft gearing cap. Now, you will only find upgrades from exotic engrams and powerfull/luminous gear/engrams. There are milestones each weak. Each of those milestone give you powerfull gear so, while it is purple, it will scale beyond lvl 265 all away to 300.
    If, at any point engram drop for you, just open them. Even if they are exotic or purple. Because they are fixed when they drop according to your power lvl.

To sum it up:
    till 200 - whatever
    =200 - blue gear/engram till 260
    =260 - faction tokens/purple engrams till 265
    =265 - powerfull/luminous gear/engrams and exotic engrams.

Also, save glimmer. You will thank me when you hit power lvl 280. Because at this stage you will unlock option to fuse those blue mods into purple mods, and each purple mod boost power lvl of item by 5. So you instantly jump from 280 to 285! BUT. Each purple mod costs 5k glimmer to put. It adds up pretty fast. Suffice to say most of the playerbase is constantly glimmer starved :P

Join also a clan - it gives you from 1 to 5 free powerfull engrams each week just by being there. Nice stuff.

3. Weapons are put into 3 categories - Kinetic weapons, Energy weapons and Power weapons. Those are your slots, but you can have multiple weapons for each slot. Still, can only equip one weapon on each slot. Rest is "banked" on your character.

4. After gaining your jedi powers back you will get one spec. Remaining 2 specs are drop. First after lvl 8 and second after lvl 15. Dont be alarmed. It isnt RNG, you will get them sooner rather than later. But, they drop from chests, at least that was for me.

5. Yes, enemies scale.

6. After you complete campaign you will give bunch of "epilogue" quests. One of them is to go to lady which sells mounts (sparrows in this game - hover bikes more or less) and ships. Focus on finishing campaign first. Also - after gaining lvl 20 you will get 3 Bright engrams for free (loot boxes in destiny) and they can also give you Sparrow or ship.

I know that gearing part is super confusing but it really isnt. It just looks that way on paper.

So after maining Nightstalker since launch day i FINALLY got an Orpheus Rig to drop. Thats gonna make inevitable vex pack spam easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Hold off until the Blog Post which should be released today. They cancelled the Curse of Osiris loot stream today to instead address issues the community has been very vocal about.

Not saying I think it will change your mind or that it should, just that it might be worth hearing them out first.
    I mean, I’m not holding my breath but I fully plan on reading the blog post. Hopefully they will have something that will make me and many fans happy to read. Otherwise this game will be dead until they have an expansion do what the taken king did for D1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I mean, I’m not holding my breath but I fully plan on reading the blog post. Hopefully they will have something that will make me and many fans happy to read. Otherwise this game will be dead until they have an expansion do what the taken king did for D1.
    If this blog post doesn't quell any of the flames, I honestly don't even think such an expansion will save it. This game will go the way of The Division. Screwed on release, way to slow to respond or fix any problems, and fixed way too late.

If this blog post doesn't quell any of the flames, I honestly don't even think such an expansion will save it. This game will go the way of The Division. Screwed on release, way to slow to respond or fix any problems, and fixed way too late.
    I think no matter what the post will make the 'lie to me' crowd that just want to believe in the hope of improvement scream "They are listening!". We saw folks like Boogie do that over SWBF2 before instantly discover he had in fact been taken for a rube. What we need to see is how do they actually deliver and on what/how much?

They had to do this because yeah the game is going the way of The Division right now. They had to. Doesn't mean they wanted to. We need to see whats going to be implemented. Before that expect the worst and hope for the best. Never ever be the shill in waiting who just wants to believe senpai noticed him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I think no matter what the post will make the 'lie to me' crowd that just want to believe in the hope of improvement scream "They are listening!". We saw folks like Boogie do that over SWBF2 before instantly discover he had in fact been taken for a rube. What we need to see is how do they actually deliver and on what/how much?

They had to do this because yeah the game is going the way of The Division right now. They had to. Doesn't mean they wanted to. We need to see whats going to be implemented. Before that expect the worst and hope for the best. Never ever be the shill in waiting who just wants to believe senpai noticed him.
    Pretty well said. I'm not too naive to just believe these companies any more. Just as you suggest, "expect the worst and hope for the best."

Is there an ETA for the blog or just assume 1-3pm their time zone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there an ETA for the blog or just assume 1-3pm their time zone?
    Could be in an hour or two, or tomorrow.

If it follows the typical This Week At Bungie schedule, it will be tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

I should add, if they wait till tomorrow, they are only allowing the community stew in their anger for longer than they should. That is not a good move imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like it will be on Thursday. It also looks like DeeJ doesn't know how to be clear.

https://twitter.com/deej_bng?lang=en

This was posted on Tuesday
    @DeeJ_BNG 22 hours ago

To be very clear, we are no longer planning a stream for tomorrow. Look to the blog on Wednesday for statements on what comes next.

This was posted today, Wednesday
    @DeeJ_BNG 49 minutes ago

I'm shooting for an afternoon deadline. That's about the time when we F5 on Thursdays, for context in your time zone.

Either I don't know how time works, or DeeJ was not very clear.

**Edit** Speaking with people on the forums, it still might be today. This shouldn't be this confusing. When they are coming out and attempting to provide clear communication, this is a horrible start.

Let me also say that any community manager who posts to Twitter, and nothing on the Forums should be fired without hesitation. The forums are a blaze with people asking when the Blog will be. Why would one have to go to a social media site which has no association to the game to get their answers when they host their very own forums? This infuriates me.
    Last edited by Kathandira; 2017-11-29 at 07:21 PM.

A new Weapon Tier: Masterworks, which will feature stat trackers, random, re-rollable stat bonuses, unique item tooltips, and item details screens (see the December Update Details section below for more info)
    So legendaries are no longer legendaries but the D1 rares by this new standard.
    Improved vendor rewards, adding ways for people to purchase items directly with their Legendary Shards and Tokens (see the December Update Details section below for more info)
    Good, tokens are trash. There was nothing wrong with the systems in D1, not to the degree 30 tokens per gunsmith roll was a better tradeoff
    Adding Armor Ornaments that grant visual permutations of armor as players complete specific Challenges (see the December Update Details section below for more info)
    Something from Rise of Iron that was probably planned for DLC2 and is being pulled forwards
    We’re targeting a January update to provide better incentives to complete Prestige activities
    Shame the old incentives we made cash shop exclusive, isn't it?
    In December, we will be introducing a Heroic Strikes playlist and more generous Strike rewards
    Should have been in launch.
    Rewards for Adventures and Lost Sectors are still on our radar, but will not be delivered for our December updates
    So remain redundant and pointless.
    A lot of promises for pvp that are extremely vague as usual with pvp
    Yeah i'll hold my breath on this one.
    The Gunsmith will have some updates to how Mods are acquired (see the December Update Details section below for more info)
    If the mods are the same mods this really doesnt mean anything.
    Duplication protection will be added for Exotics in the New Year
    This would have been useful 2 months ago. Unless 'season 2' is completely new exotics and the current ones all go away this just means people lose the only current carrot to chase faster.
    Xur will have new items, as well
    Hopefully they put some thought in, with bright engrams replacing motes of light his mote dump mechanic doesnt exist.
    Emote interface improvements are still on the list, and you can expect an update on the development of this system in the New Year
    Because cash shop meme trash is a priority i guess.

Honestly thats as damage controlley as i expected. Doesnt look like the core gameplay will change much and they just added a nier tier of stuff to make you chase. Which could be a further nightmare in balancing down the road.

My opinion of 'lets see how this actually pans ingame' remains the same. Though the sudden appearance of a new rarity after fan malaise is reeking of the same shit that went down for The Division.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2017-11-29 at 11:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, im content. This will be good enough for me for now

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    My opinion of 'lets see how this actually pans ingame' remains the same. Though the sudden appearance of a new rarity after fan malaise is reeking of the same shit that went down for The Division.
    As someone who plays casually with one or two friends the heroic strikes are a great idea for me - the timer makes it really hard for me to complete nightfalls with the people I run with.
    Other than that, there's a lot of "meh" in that list for me. I'm with you, we'll have to see what actually ships.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

The strike changes are a pretty big deal for me. I used to spam them all the time in D1, but they're just too easy and not rewarding enough in D2 right now.

The new item tier just shouts 'we fucked up and need to add a new top layer that invalidates everything below it".
    Good that they are seeing an issue but it feels like bad design work.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    As someone who plays casually with one or two friends the heroic strikes are a great idea for me - the timer makes it really hard for me to complete nightfalls with the people I run with.
    Other than that, there's a lot of "meh" in that list for me. I'm with you, we'll have to see what actually ships.
    The heroic strikes are easily the best news. Longterm the new rarity seems like a life support for the skinner box but outside of heroic strikes its doing exactly the same thing for a higher rarity rating. They tried this in the divison -along with a randomly generated area like the infinite forest no less- and it just made burn out faster and in the long run just holds back player malaise by like 2 months tops.

We gotta wait and see but i can only assume they are hoping curse of osiris randomly generated area is enough to hold this plan together because the current build would get a little more life from masterwork weapons but not much when its month 3 of the exact same stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The new item tier just shouts 'we fucked up and need to add a new top layer that invalidates everything below it".
    Good that they are seeing an issue but it feels like bad design work.
    I thought it said that you can upgrade non masterwork weapons with mods to make them masterwork?

I thought it said that you can upgrade non masterwork weapons with mods to make them masterwork?
    dismantling one lets you upgrade one into one. so they are the same models and names but different perks.

So nothing about global chat, clan chat....like what the fuck are they thinking...I shouldn't need to go to a website out of game to communicate with people in the game...

So nothing about global chat, clan chat....like what the fuck are they thinking...I shouldn't need to go to a website out of game to communicate with people in the game...
    Shh, you're going to draw the scorn of endus!
    But yeah, I agree. Something trying to be an mmo needs those rudimentary communication features. They also need to overhaul the cumbersome console ui for the pc client.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.