Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leaving the crate, Richard and Ryan followed Thorlin. "Let's hope it's something to do with this pass you are taking us on," replied Richard in a joking tone but the seriousness beneath it could not be missed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thorlin led the pair deeper into Aerie Peak. Inside the Wildhammer stronghold, Thunderhammer and Wild dwarves mixed quite well. Ale and tales flowed from every corner of the structure, and the general mood was that reminiscent of good times past. Thorlin always liked his travels here.
    "What I have tah show ya has been in tha makin fer nearly ah year and ah half. Through me own wealth and tha contributions of me investors in Stormwind, we'ev been able tah create somthin truly inspiring." As Thorlin spoke the trio began to ascend up a series of side passages that led further and further up the inside of the mountain. The warmth of the hearths inside the fortress began to dissipate as the cold air at their elevation began to creep through the stones. Thorlin grabbed a torch as they continued to ascend and this soon became their only source of light. The group continued upwards for nearly four minutes until they arrived at a fortified that gave signs that it lead to the outside of the mountain. "The reason I had tah be so secretive about this project is because its crucial tah tha strategy plan I have cooked up. Hardly any of me own men know about it. So, are ya ready tah see how we cross tha mountain?"

10+ Year Old Account
    "Over a year, well if you retook Arathi in only a few weeks I can't wait to see what you have had a year to make." Richard said with a grin and held out a hand, gesturing to lead on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thorlin pulled a lever on the wall near the fortified door and the door slide into the wall and opened the path for the three to continue on. As the door opened, the cold outside air rushed in to meet them and a hail of snow diminished their vision as the cold weather bit at their faces. As the three held their hands in front of their faces to shield them from the weather, the snow began to dissipate and lessen. Gradually the winds moved on and the snow cleared, revealing Thorlin's secret in front of them. At first the snow had concealed its shape, as it appeared a huge metal and wooden structure. But when the winds gave way all was revealed, and the structure took form. Lying in a huge open field in the mountains atop Aerie Peak, Thorlin's secret was now known. The Thundhammer's and the Blitz would be crossing the mountains using a mighty gunship.
    Much like the Skybreaker, but bigger, the airship looked fearsome indeed. It sported four double barreled, full rotation turrets, two on each side of the hull. Below the main deck, which also sported anti aircraft batteries along the side, lay four levels of side cannons, each row holding 10 guns. For movement, instead of the standard two main hovering propellers, it sported four, two in the front and two in the back. Where guns were not situated the ship was plated in armor. At the bow of the ship was fashioned a massive lion head of the Alliance, to look as if though it were roaring at its foes. And through its maw was stationed a large caliber cannon.

"So, do ya like it, or hate it? I still have tah show ya tha inside either way."

10+ Year Old Account
    Richard looked shocked and impressed by the Gunship's size and obvious power. "Wow, Thorlin. Very impressive. I mean, I am more for the head on approach in battle," as he tapped the side on one of his axes, "but still damn that is a nice weapon you have made." Ryan remained somewhat impassive, he didn't like being surprised but all the same was not un-happy with this new information. "I quite agree. So then shall we see the inside?" He walked forward with a sharp focus upon his face, intent to study all about this new Gunship, "Have you named it yet?"

10+ Year Old Account
    "I have yet tah name her. Haven' thought of anythin catchy er strong enough yet. But I'm sure somthin'l come tah mind soon. Follow meh. Ill take us inside."
    Thorlin led the group around to the rear of the ship, where a large ramp hand been lowered allowing the three acess to the inside. The main hold of the ship was one massive room, with smaller compartments off to the side. On the very bottom were stored eight Thunderhammer tanks and the engine rooms. Four tanks were strapped on each side and into the ship so that they wouldn't roll or move during flight. Behind the tanks was the first compartments of the ship, the barracks. Bunk beds three stories tall lined every wall and the spaces in between. This room could comfortably hold and sleep a small army. Exiting the room on its left side led to the armory, were the arms of armor of the soldiers would be stored when not needed. Once again weapons and armor lined every wall. In the southern wall of the armor were a set of stairs that lead upwards into the next floor.
    When the three ascended the stairway and into the upper belly of the ship, they found were the four levels of broadside guns were stationed. Ramps and ladders were strewn all along the walls, and in the interior were massive metal and wood columns that supported the weight of the vessel. A small army of dwarves and gnomes were needed to man these guns, and Thorlin had the numbers to cover it. In the bow of the belly was a ramp leading to the main deck of the gunship.
    When Thorlin along with Ryan and Richard made it to the main floor of the ship the dwarf stopped for a moment to let the two look over the deck. Anti air gun pits lined the sides of the ship, and the four rotating turrets were much larger when this close. In the rear of the main deck was stationed the command tower.
    The command tower stood two stories tall and was nearly as wide. At the top level of the tower a series of windows could be seen extending all around it. Upon entering the command tower the two Blitz Mercenaries would see the true workings of gnomish engineering. Strange machines beeped and hummed all along the walls, and various levers stood out all around. Thorlin led the pair through the bottom level of the turret and into a stair case that descended below it. The next room they came to was heavily guarded by Thorlin's own personal guard. As they approached, the guards moved to let them pass, and the three entered a room with a room with one large machine in the middle. It had various tubes and gave off weird lights.
    "This is tha shielding core. It powers tha shield fer tha ship as well as tha shields fer each propeller. It cost ah fortune," Thorlin said with a frown on his face. He then led them out of the shielding room and to the top of the tower where the steering controls were manned as well as the observation port. From here one could see the entirety of the main deck. "Well thats tha grand tour. What du ya think?"

Deleted
    Valine tooked a step forward, "I am also interessted in that task, anyhow what u already said i agree but we also have this" Valine walked to the table and point on a place on the map. "North of Durnholdekeep you got the entrance to the highlands where also a alliance base is" With placing a mark on the map she pointed she suggest something else.

"Durnholdekeep Would be a nice outpost to oversee the situation at the wall and the entrance to the highlands" she noddes. "The only problem is that we need to clear the place out first of enemy activity" she watched to the persons that where lisning.

"Anyhow like u already said we need to make haste, the alliance wont wait till we are ready, Their invasion will start soon. This Land must not fall!" She says while she put her dagger on the place of stormgarde.

Valine tookes a step backwards. "So any more information we must know?"

The ships heaved one by one to the shoreline. Dropping thick wooden planks and forming ranks to the blighted soil below, legions of Orcs, Trolls, Tauren and Goblins marched off the vessels. The Orc messenger stood before the gathering of the 3500 personnel, but they still lacked a leader.

The room within the ship in which Arkaah resided was secure enough. Surrounding her, the desolate air whirred and whizzed, as she stood upright. Removing her blackened scale cloak, she carelessly dropped it to the floor below, it making a slight 'pinging' noise as it struck the iron. Lowly chanting in a tongue that few knew, the dry winds that circled her gained hints and touches of violet arcane magic. Briefly, the particles and fragments slowed, as did the arcane wind, as it drifted towards her molted and armored figure. As it completetly covered and encased her in the shimmering violet dust, her form contorted and shifted.

Slowly, the glow eminating dispersed, revealing a lone Orc, armored in brown elementium plate and mail. Her skin was a bright leafy green, with her dark purple hair bound together in a tight topknot, with the rest of her scalp appearing to have been shaved. An interesting thing to notice though, was a single amber gem that floated just above her forehead. Although, the most significant attribute to her armor was her shoulder plates, which had shards of molten rock floating just before them, but small elementium chains tethered them to the rest of the elementium plate bulk. Breathing hoarsely, her eyes did not appear like any regular Orc. Glowing a vibrant orange, she looked around at the nearby armored and insulated chamber. Locking her burning gaze upon a nearby mace that was specifically crafted for her, she lifted it, testing its weight. The main need for a new weapon was due to this new one lacking the sigil of the Twilight's Hammer. That would obviously be a dead giveaway.

Tying the mace to her waist, she took yet another deep breath, with the feel of the air surrounding her still warm and stale. Shrugging the slight apprehension away, she made for the enterance to her secretive room.

Emerging mere minutes later upon the top deck of her flagship, she lifted her arm to block the sun that shone above her. She had not seen light for days, and the sudden brightness was somewhat disorientating. Eventually making her way down to the shore, she looked upon her forces. 3500 spies and assasins, ready to turn their blades upon their supposed allies at the whim of their leader. Devotion was what she loved. Standing at the helm of her units, she struck the left side of her chest twice with her right fist, as she cried out to those that stood before her. Although, she did not forget the presence of the Forsaken vessel close by, the undead creatures surely listening in upon what she was about to mutter.

"Soldiers of the Horde! We seek to bolster our allies upon this land against the puny Alliance pigs. We shall be utterly victorious! In the name of Hellscream!", she belted at those that stood before her, and cheers ensued.

Slowly, the messenger approached her, now wielding a fearsome jagged polearm. "Mistress Arkrah, we are ready to move out.", he spoke, bowing slightly.

"Very well. Let us meet with our supposed allies then. Onward to Tarren Mill!", she cackled, as they began to march on foot northward.

((Arkaah will now be known as Arkrah, and this is her new appearance: http://i.imgur.com/Z9wJJ.jpg. She has glowing eyes and a heated aura, but when I encounter you others at Tarren Mill, I'll make up some sort of excuse. Elemental magics and all that. ))

Vianne fixes Valine with an even stare, "If you believe that you can lead this army better than I, then the honor is yours. I'm only here to make sure we win."

Following Valine's suggestion, the paladin nods, her expression a touch more respectful than before, "I had come to the same conclusion. Durnholde Keep has the potential of becoming the most fortified position in the foothills. It guards the approach from Thoradin as well as the pass into the Hinterlands." She gestures towards the nearby horde marker at Eastpoint tower. "Eastpoint tower also guards the southern approach, and they are close enough to one another that they can exchange support should one of them come under attack. There is also the matter of the surrounding regions. We can request assistance from the Frostwolf Clan in Alterac. They have a great deal of experience in fighting the technologically superior dwarves of the Stormpike. Their expertise will be useful to us here as well. Also, the Fingers of Alterac are currently under our control, but we have done little to entrench ourselves there. It could be a useful alternate supply route if we can spare the resources to secure it."

Vianne pauses and studies the map, a gauntlet covered hand drumming against her breastplate over the spot where a pendant would normally hang, "We will have to find a way to stop their forward momentum. Something to siphon off and spread their forces. A feint against Stromgarde or the Span may work. Perhaps a covert strike against their air support would do as well. Some things to consider."

She then looks back at Valine, "My troops can take Durnholde. But I will need the Engineering corps and several units of abominations to facilitate the reconstruction of the keep. If you can have them and some of our artillery pieces follow me about a day behind, we can have Durnholde rebuilt within a week and the entire eastern front fortified within two weeks. By your leave, my troops and I can leave immediately."
    Characters: Vianne Lioncrest
    Factions: The Crimson Lions

10+ Year Old Account
    Ryan inspected everything he could as they passed. From the caliber of guns to the controls it took to operate them. He was somewhat familiar with them having studied engineering himself, mainly for intelligence gathering. The last mechanism they were shown though is what really peaked his interest. It looked vaguely familiar as if he had seen it in a book or a schematic before. Overall he thought the Gunship would serve them well. I just fear this power might make those Forsaken a bit less worried about using the plague.

"She is a thing of beauty Thorlin," Richard replied. "Looks like a lot to keep her up but I can see her fire power would be well worth it. But as I said before I am far more comfortable on the ground with an axe in my hand then in the air controlling some gnome machine. So what are your plans for after we get over the mountains?"

Deleted
    Valine looked to vianne. "That will be no problem u well get that support of engineers and artillery to rebuild dunhordle keep. about the leadership we even can both do it,"

Valine looked on the map again. "We can send saboteurs into stormgarde to sabotage the airsupport of the alliance, And if it's possible destroy resources that laying there" Valine smiled.

"I will also send a messenger to the frostwolfs to call for their aid in this war." Valine grabs her dagger of the map. and then looked to the other's and then to the undead female that walked in earlier. "As u see we already maded some plans. and as u said i see u want also take the leadership u can take it, i will take the leadership for a small army on me then." valine tooked a stepbackwards.

"Anything more we forgot? else we just begin with our operation."
    Last edited by mmoc7b201a41d6; 2011-11-17 at 10:01 AM.

Deleted
    (( I shall be posting regarding this leadership and stuff when I return home and have the proper time to forge a response. ))

"Sounds like y'all got your plans in order," looking towards the two elves, "May I suggest allowing me to take some of the ships and blight forsaken spreaders, to attack the bridge that connects Wetlands and Arathi Highlands, without the connect between the two zones the alliance will be cut off from any more support. Once the bridge is destroyed I can lead an assault into Arathi and attack the alliance from behind and hopefully split their forces. I would also like to take some explosions and attach them to the plague spreaders, that way if we need to retreat I will be able to pull the forsaken back to the ships and force the spreads to explode and release its deadly toxin."

Deleted
    Valine lisned what Miltharion said. "Good suggestion Miltharion. the only problem is the plague. Warchief Garrosh Forbidden to use the plague. but destorying the brigde and atack the alliance in the back would work well to split their armies in two. would work well and give us more time to build up defences" she smiles

Valine begins to think. "Anyhow this must happen at night, then u can easily sail through the wathers without being detected by alliance scout's at the shore." Valine look to the others.

"So what you think about Miltharion suggestion?" She says

"Actually Warchief Hellscream only forbids the FULL STRENGTH blight like used at the wrath gate, if we use weaker blight like used at southshore, then we are technically still following his orders," Miltharion corrects Valine and adds

"Anyways even if we don't use the plague we should still be able to give you guys enough time to strengthen your forces although with the plague use we would force the alliance to be trapped as it would poison the land and make sure they have no access to a coast but stormgrade, but I agree with we will need the cover of night."
    Last edited by Thecyclone; 2011-11-17 at 03:51 PM.

"Warchief Hellscream does not need to neccessarily know if you do plan on using the full strength blight.", interjected Arkrah, as she slowly walked into the room. "He wants utter victory over the Alliance dogs, and the means as to how we achieve it do not need to be known to him.", she cackled. Slowly approaching the others within the Tarren Mill town hall, she bowed slightly, before introducing herself.

"I am Mistress Arkrah, and I lead the reinforcements that were comissioned by Hellscream himself. We are to halt the Alliance pigs, and slay them where they stand.", she grunted.

"My legion camps outside your town. We number at approximately 3500. We shall slaughter any who stand before us, in the name of the Horde!", she roared, thumping her chest twice with her right fist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thorlin walked over to a large circular table built into the middle of the tower and pulled out a map from his side. When fully unrolled, the map showed the entire topography of the Alterac Mountains. "Alright so here is me plan, and yer guna like this Richard. We set out tammarah frum here at nightfall tah give us covah as we cross between tha mountain ranges. Through tha cova of night, we shud be able tah reach this desistination," Thorlin said making a circle around the ruins of the city of Alterac.
    "Now yu may ask why tha ruins of Alterac? Whoever controls tha ruins controls tha pass through tha mountains. Simple as that. With tha ruins in our control we effectively cut off Horde reinforcement from tha north. But as we all know tha ogres currently control tha ruins, and here is why I'm glad yu Blitz soldiers decided tah join meh. With tha cover of night, we cun sneak down upon tha city and take them unawares. With this ship, we cun land soldiers directly inside tha ruins and continue tah give air support frum above whilst tha fighting is goin on down below. And I was hopin that yu'd be willin tah lead tha ground assault Richard. Yu'd have 700 of me own soldiers at yer back, more seasoned than salt. Yu think clearin ah ruins clean of ogres will satisfy yer lust fer battle fer ah little bit?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

After Aethar's meditation, the command went out for the army to assemble. Within an hour, 20,000 soldiers of the Alliance had assembled in the main square of Stromgarde. Aethar stood upon the steps leading up to the keep, overlooking the Alliance's "Army of the North". Many were young, and some were old. He could see the differences between those who had fought in the earlier campaign, and those who had just arrived on the war front. The veterans uniform colors were faded, and many of their tabards and uniforms sported gashes or great tears, whilst the new recruits colors still looked fresh, and their clothing still in one piece. The two would do well together. The veteran soldiers would teach the younger how to fight,and think, while the young ones would instill their innocent ideas of hope and adventure into the older soldiers who had already witnessed the horrors of war.
    It had been decided earlier in the morning that they would leave this very night for the war front. Under the cover of darkness their true numbers would be hard to discern, and it would help mask their movement. Their target was the ruins of Durnholde. Aethar then spoke to the combined force.
    "Many of you do not know who I am. I am Field Marshal Aethar Darrax." Whispers of Divine Might and Aethar began to spread amongst the army. "I am a Paladin of the Light, and have been chosen to lead you against the horrors of the Horde and Forsaken in Hillsbrad. I have fought alongside many of you before, in past battles against our foes. Against foes such as the Burning Legion, Arthas, and the Twilight's Hammer. My faith in the Light has never faltered during my trials, and now my faith in you shall not either." He then walked down from the steps and began to walk amongst them. At six feet tall, he was slightly taller than most of the army, but his presence made him seem the height of a giant. In his armor he looked as the visage of the great heroes of the past. The Alliance eagle proudly perched upon his shoulder, and the roaring lion upon his shield. A blue cape followed behind him, clasped into his armor with another lion sigil upon his right shoulder. At his right side lay his morning star, which seemed to glow in the radiance of the sun, and on his left attached to his belt was a holy book, that shone with a blue rune upon its cover. As he walked he radiated with the presence of the Light.
    "You are all more powerful than you can possibly imagine.......... Inside everyone one of you beats the heart of a hero........ Inside everyone of you is the champion of your people, the savior of your lands....... You all have the strength within you to defeat any foe, to look into the darkness with courage and stand resolute........So now I ask you, champions of the Alliance, Defenders of your Home, He who is Courageous in the face of Death, Army of the North, will you stand within me?"
    Cheers of yes began to spread amongst the army..... Will you follow me into the darkness?(More cheers)...... Will you follow me and defeat our foes who hide in the darkness, who hide from your great wrath?" A chorus of cheering begins to erupt from the soldiers. "Will you follow me now, follow me to victory for the Alliance, and for the Light?" The army began to cheer as one as Aethar walked amongst them. "Then follow me now, to war, and victory." As Aethar finished he saddled his great war horse and began marching out of the city with the Army of the North marching behind him.

Vianne casts a brief glare at the newcomer, particularly in regards to her suggestion that they go behind the Warchief's back. "While I agree that an attack on the Thandol Span is necessary in blunting the Alliance's offensive, the very existence of the Blight is an abomination," the Paladin says sharply, "And I do not condone its use, in any form." She then straightens, as though remembering herself, "But you are in charge here, so the choice is yours, but no lasting good can come of it. The only reason the Forsaken lack a port in southern Lordaeron is because the Blight was used on Southshore. Now the area is a poisonous cesspool that not even the Forsaken can use. The use of the Blight is and will always be a mistake, whatever the apparent immediate advantage it might represent."

Her point made, Vianne eases away from the table and nods at the assembled group. "I will go make the arrangements to Durnholde immediately. Once we've established a base of operations, my magisters will prepare two-way communications. I will be available should you require my counsel." With those parting words, she turns on her heel and marches out of the room, and out into the streets of Tarren Mill.

Executor Landin was there to meet her with a simple query, "Good?"

"Hardly. Good sense barely survived the crush of egos," she mutters, her charger trotting up to them instinctively. She gives it a pat on the snout then swung herself onto the saddle. "We're to take Durnholde and dig in. Rally the men and meet me on the south road. I'm going to make some arrangements and secure us some labor and artillery."

"Understood," the burly Forsaken replies with a crisp salute before marching off to complete her orders.
    Characters: Vianne Lioncrest
    Factions: The Crimson Lions

10+ Year Old Account
    Richard and Ryan looked over the map, "Well now that's a challenge. I think we'll take it." Ryan continued to look down, running his fingers over pathways and near caves and into the outlines of the elevation as if remembering other maps from memory. "Those cave networks are a bit more expansive then you have here on your own map. I'll make sure to get a new one too you. It may allow them a bit more of a hold out but honestly it seems do-able." Richard gave him a hearty slap on the back, "Heh Ryan just wishes it was ogres. They don't exactly enjoy writing as much as other races." Laughing at his own joke he continued, "Can we move out tonight?" It was indeed true, Ryan's true forté lay in information gathering and general sabotage.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim worked his way along side the crowd to keep in line with his target, it was somewhat difficult given the size and fact that he decided to stir them up. "Damn holy man.." he muttered under his breath as he past a rather young soldier who jumped in surprise at the disembodied voice. Finally breaking free of the crowd he followed Aethar a bit away to keep under his cloak. It was still somewhat bright out but he was confidant in his stealth.

Exodion kept calm during Aethar's speech. The man spoke of glory and vengeance. He did not seek either. All he wanted was to rid the world of the undead, an afront to nature and The Light.

After the human finished his speech, he began following the army, resting his sword upon his shoulder.