10+ Year Old Account

Returning for a new try, I have questions?

Hello RP community, I was thinking of giving this another shot
    But before I go ahead and create a character I have a few questions?

Can we be more then one class? example: Warrior,Shaman,Beastmaster

Can we have professions(Not the standard ones)? Exp:Mercenary, Bounty Hunter

How can we work on are skill, like communicating with other characters made on the forums ( Roleplaying sessions for short)?

Can your character die?

Can roleplaying be a story told by one person, with others feed back?

Can we make Clans for multiple characters made by one person?
    ------

Thanks for the help

---------- Post added 2012-04-11 at 03:07 AM ----------

64 people viewed this none commented..Yay >.<
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

Quote Originally Posted by Duito View Post

How can we work on are skill, like communicating with other characters made on the forums ( Roleplaying sessions for short)?

Can your character die?

------

Thanks for the help

Answers to a few, moderators/more experienced role-players will have to answer those, I'm afraid.

1. Yes, we can have professions. For example, my warrior, Salarissian, can enchant and knows how to work metal (It's how he made his weapons).

2. You can form a private RP with another person or use the chat system we have for faster RP.

3. You're character can indeed die. This can pave the way for new stories (Such as Nonfiction's RP from not-too long ago concerning his formerly-living paladin), or can simply be a way for a character to go out quietly, or in a blaze of glory (R.I.P. Brox </3).

4. Yes, RP's can be told using one person, with feedback. I do somewhat of the same thing when I create my characters' backstories, creating an entire story with other people commenting on it. You can create an RP to yourself, if you wish.

Not sure about the multi-class or clans. I'd be inclined to say yes to the clans, but I'm not entirely sure. And many characters have traits of different classes, so there may be a way to categorize your character without using the classes in-game (For example, a spell-breaker is a mix of the mage and warrior classes; Death Knight is a mix of Paladin and Shadow Priest; And so on and so forth).

Hope this helps!

I just try to have fun with role playing, i ignore the specifics :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duito View Post

Can your character die?

------

Thanks for the help

Well we get mixed into the main page "Recent Forum Posts" again so you can expect that to happen sometimes. But fear not as Shadow has appeared and now have I as well. Now for some question answering!

More than one class is something of a challenge. For older characters, especially those near immortal (ie: Night Elfs), this is possible given their long life spans. You will just to give more detail to justify it. Spellcasters are a bit easier to "multi-class" as each branch is usually a sub class of it's own. For example my magi, Kevin Brenshaw, is all but a master of Fire. While his skills in other schools (frost, shadow, necromancy, arcane, fel, etc etc) aren't as powerful. Beyond those two though I think it would be generally well accepted to combine warrior skills with almost any other class. Mainly because it is something easy to pick up, not to master mind you.

Profession are essential in my opinion. In a world like Azeroth you can't go through life without having one be at the center of your life. And yes they don't have to be limited to the ones our characters can have in game but can go much wider.

For working on a profession, especially one outside the normal, would be an excellent chance for a bit of RP. Scores of us have characters with varied professions and levels of mastering it. So if you find someone that has a character tuned for what you want your character to learn more about by all means contact them and see if they would like to bang out an RP with you. *nudge nudge* Myself in particular have a few mercenaries who would love for more to join up.

Character's dying is a natural part of the experience. You can't live forever and neither can they. Typically they are planned though. For example as Shadow pointed out. I did a RP called Fall of the Light, Rise of the Shadow in which my character Aland met his death and then rebirth by the hands of a cruel, yet cunning Death Knight named, Noxvari. His story was leading down a path that needed an end and not one I just wanted to write out for him but allow it to develop through a fantastic time with Syn. And other times it has been simply because I found I didn't enjoy a particular character I had written and found a use for him to help a friend conclude an RP. In Azeroth death is never a simple end in my opinion and can be used as a great catalyst for new ideas, characters, situations, and even RPs.

I have a feeling though you are more concerned with someone else killing off your character in an RP though. This typically won't happen. Now if you join a SRP (Survival Role Play) then yes there is a chance your character could die. Now of course you don't have to stop using that character all together and again typically most people leading these types of RPs won't just kill you off willy nilly. But still when I am in one I treat everything with caution and try to get in the head of my own character, and think how could this kill me. Should any problems arise though you can contact either of our forum mods, Madgod or Saerwen, for help. Or just hop on our IRC channel and I'm sure one of the RP'ers who have been here awhile would be glad to help as well.

Sure! Some of our RP'ers have done their own stories already. Stories by Roleplayers, Madgod has put a few of the more completed ones into a nice collection here. Browse a couple if you like and maybe get some ideas on how to do your own. I'd recommend THIS one by Aramore to start off.

Lastly for clans, we refer to them as factions here and typically they are for multiple RP'ers to have a common group but they can be used to link some of your own character together for more exciting times! Madgod has a nice template/guide for setting one up here.

Ofcourse if you have any more questions feel free to ask here or pm me or either of the forum mods. I'm sure even Shadow wouldn't mind ^.^

Yes, if done correctly. Has to follow lore, for example, you can't make a Shaman-Death Knight or Something that makes no sense, like a Druid-Hunter.

Indeed! For un-standard professions that include crafting items, i suggest GHI. Very helpful

Like you would in an actual RP. Just find the best way to join in. If difficult, just find another one.

Can your character die?

Of course not! Well, not in a sense that your invincible and can do anything you please. Nobody can really kill you or else you won't be able to do anything else, Gamewise. RP forum wise, it depends on the Forum Thread.

Technically, no. Thats a review on a book, basically.

Yes. They just can't be something like "We are the clan that worships Ragnaros/Deathwing/Lich King/etc." It can be an evil clan, just don't go crazy.