Page 1 of 2
LastLast

News that makes your RP side happy ---CONTAINS SPOILERS---

Recently with the news that Grand Magister Rommath and Archbishop Benedictus are betraying their respective factions, I personally had a "HELL YEAH" moment. The reason for this is because one of the major points for my main toon's RP is that he has it out for Rommath because of his bringing the fel crystals to Silvermoon among other insults within my character's story.

My question is this. What news from Cata or any other expansions/patches has given you a similar reaction? More or less, what other news has vindicated a part of your character's story that you'd never really thought would actually play out in game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphmortus View Post
    saelthos, I think you are the most rational person I have ever seen on a gaming forum.

I don't RP, but when death knights were introduced it was nice to have that feeling that my level 60 human rogue I lost in vanilla WoW could come back as a violent knight hellbent on revenge.

He only got to level 58 though.

My druid (And many others I know) will probably be too ecstatic for words when they learn malfurion's woken up
    How much bone could a bonestorm storm if a bonestorm could BOOOOOOOOONESTOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/character-bios/'almega'-nara-draconus/ - my RP character

I view it as a great business opportunity to be able to do mercenary work for most of the Horde now. Some might look down upon mercenary work, but at least I can honestly say that when I kill a dragon, it's not for some noble goal, it's for the monetary reward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although I can't think of anything off the top of my head involving current characters, I'm now hell-bent on making a female dwarf (GASP yeah I know...) JUST to have an "Explorer League"-esque character for Uldum.
    nom nom nom Egyptiantheme nom.

....being able to fly in old world, I suppose my troll will be happy to use her roflcopter to dive-bomb gnomes.
    Although, on that train of thought, I suppose the whole Echo Isles being retaken is a huge thing for trolls. I know I personally am excited for the "retaking of the isles" content, and then in Cata itself seeing the new area.
    Last edited by Katana Angel; 2010-08-09 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Additional ramblings.

ooh I heard about the archbishop but when did we hear about Rommath. Overall this means that they might just give the belfs a little bit of story development and investment in the conflicts which is exciting.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...temgale/simple
    "Your mother was a wrench and your father smelled of seaforium!" - Stormforged Taskmaster

I am not saying 'Hell yeah!', I am saying 'SUICIDE OFF OF THE SUNSPIRE!!!!!1 ^^'
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saelthos View Post
    Recently with the news that Grand Magister Rommath and Archbishop Benedictus are betraying their respective factions..
    Why so ? tell us more about that juicy new!!

OT : For Cata, My undead rogue is gonna be very busy in this expansion. In my RP setup,he is one of the several assasins of the Banshee Queen.....dirty job and special ops incoming. Yarr.

For my Ret pally, she gonna be back from Northrend to return to his motherland of Queldenas Isle....she had some politic business to do around here...High elves and blood elves are not gonna share the Sunwell in peace((obviously..RP or not)) and she need to restore the glory of her House once and for all.
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

10+ Year Old Account
    For my Forsaken priest, the expansion of Forsaken lands pleased me veryyyy much
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Willeonge View Post
    For my Forsaken priest, the expansion of Forsaken lands pleased me veryyyy much
    hI fIVE!!!
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

Quote Originally Posted by Zanardam View Post
    Why so ? tell us more about that juicy new!!

OT : For Cata, My undead rogue is gonna be very busy in this expansion. In my RP setup,he is one of the several assasins of the Banshee Queen.....dirty job and special ops incoming. Yarr.

For my Ret pally, she gonna be back from Northrend to return to his motherland of Queldenas Isle....she had some politic business to do around here...High elves and blood elves are not gonna share the Sunwell in peace((obviously..RP or not)) and she need to restore the glory of her House once and for all.
    I'm basing this entirely off the sound files that were recently posted on the front page along with on wow.com today. My favorite joke was that Archbishop Benedictus, who is now supposedly referred to as the "Black Bishop" must never be attacked from a diagonal angle. It made me smile almost as much as the Rommath news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphmortus View Post
    saelthos, I think you are the most rational person I have ever seen on a gaming forum.

goblins being horde because my pally hates goblins

when I saw the first screenshot of garrosh saying "you are dismissed" it just felt awesome.

garrosh, seemingly the least competent ruler possible, according to the chat log, had "spent a great deal of time in northrend, I learned much about the horde in that time. while there, a wise old war hero [Saurfang] said something I would carry with me forever. honor, krom'gar. no matter how dire the battle, never forsake it"

love the whole quest, almost wish I had waited for actually doing the quest chain. almost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

For my gnome, we was very pleased to find out that operation Gnomeragon failed

To the main subject, have they named the 4 yet? I think I only heard 3 so I was thinking of another cool person to add that you wouldn't think of because of her raise, but Elder Crone Magatha Grimmtotem

Also that Blood Elf guy's sound files were cool, hes not evil, just neutral evil

That cloth helmet that is the mask and hat.
    help!

Deleted
    My paladin is happy that full war has been declared, the joys of hunting the forsaken and their cursed allies.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont like rp that much but its cool in small doses plus i piss ppl off in moongaurd by sleeping on tables when they try to rp lol

but yea

i liked the news on those 2 because it proves blizzard is doing aaaaallllloooootttttt of story for cata i mean reaaaallllyyyyy!!!!!

Well, since people like discriminating Rpers:

I like to RP on Sundays, walk alone through the vast forests of Elwynn, talking to my trusty steed, Silverwind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh being Warchief makes my warrior happy, he likes Garrosh and wishes Thrall would be more aggressive.

Hyjal is a jump in the story for my druid.

My DK is kinda just there now, hopefully something will come up.

And now I can make a Goblin Cartel all to my own, for the money! I mean... Horde.