Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keske View Post
    The only issues I have is that if I used that joke on their own forums I would get perma-banned.
    I got prema banned for reporting the PvP Report SPAM glitch into their forum 'nuf said.

Quote Originally Posted by Culgrim View Post
    The idea of the earth being flat was never a FACT because it remained unproven. It had been accepted as public truth however, which, is a different thing entirely.
    It was a fact at one point, only to be dis-proven later. That, however, does not remove the fact that it was a fact at one point in time.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    It was a fact at one point, only to be dis-proven later. That, however, does not remove the fact that it was a fact at one point in time.
    Actual fact and accepted as fact are seperate things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    It was never a fact if it was proven false.

Blizzard's response was a non-apology, or fauxpology if you prefer. It would have been appropriate if this were just people making a stink over some particularly vulgar faction-baiting, true.

But this wasn't just vulgar faction-baiting. The guy, bleeped or no, was slinging bigotry. And Blizzard deliberately aired it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmer View Post
    Lol, I love all the stupid non-minority privilege running around in this thread.

"It didn't offend me, a straight person, so that means it shouldn't offend you either."

"I'm gay, and it didn't offend me, and naturally I'm the king/queen of gay people, so I think you should be held to my standard of what I consider offensive."

"I have a gay friend! ...got nothin'."

Seriously, I don't get it. If you look at my posting history, I'm probably one of the most foul mouthed offensive fucks around, but I never marginalize an ENTIRE GROUP because that's fucking stupid.

I hate this "DAMN YOUR POLITICAL CORRECTNESS" stuff mostly because I don't really see what's so challenging about it - how hard is to just keep shit like that between your small group of buddies on voice chat and keep it away from people that may not feel OK with hearing it? Because going off statistics, I don't think all the people dropping slurs have tourettes, I think they just don't want to own up to changing.

Were they really SURPRISED that this stuff would happen given the absolute massive scope of their player base? I'm not sure how they could be, and they had TIME to plan this concert. If it was an off-the-cuff gaffe, I'd be a little more lenient.

It comes down to this: imagine you might be a young homosexual that has yet to come out and feel extremely insecure or unsafe about ever making it a major part of your life. Imagine you're standing in a crowd or sitting at home and you're familiar with the vulgarities that are being spewed as a whole. Regardless of joking intent or not, I don't think it's really out of line to believe that maybe, just maybe, there are people out there that are already not confident in their own skin because of this kind of marginalizing hate speech.

"Intent" doesn't fucking matter, the fact is that no matter how open minded and progressive minded YOU may be, or think yourself to be, people run into words like this all the time that DO have intent behind them. And to those who are gay and have killed themselves over this kind of thing, it's pretty disingenuous to say "you should just let it roll off your shoulders" when you're also being told to "slit your wrists you dumb emo cocksucker" or whatever. Again, I don't give a shit what Corpsegrinder's intent was. That shit is something Blizzard needs to think about when you're choosing to advocate a certain person on a major, pre-planned stage like an event this big.

inb4 "by quoting hate speech in a negative context you're still advocating it~" because no one has any other legitimate argument.

QED, motherfuckers. I'm glad they didn't ignore it, and I partially accept that they feel remorse and apologized, but it feels like they don't know why they needed to apologize. "It's just a joke" trivializes things.
    This, on so many subtle and not-so-subtle goddamn levels.

To paraphrase what I said at the forums: was I personally offended by that Fisher asswipe's rant? Not really. I went and was somewhat less proud of having Horde toons, much less a "Sen'jin Headhunters" T-shirt...because the moment he started using those particular words, any humor that I might have found in it fell flat. (And yes, that means that if he'd kept it to just being a pottymouth, I'd probably have found it funny. Or rather, I'd have laughed at him...because here's this "hardcore" death-metal musician whining about getting ganked in Nagrand. And calling people "emo" while playing Forsaken, no less.)

But I've got a hell of a lot more sympathy for anyone who is personally offended by someone using sexual orientation as an insult than I have for the type of inconsiderate pillock who insults people for being offended by it.
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2011-10-26 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Lolotea View Post
    But I've got a hell of a lot more sympathy for anyone who is personally offended by someone using sexual orientation as an insult than I have for the type of inconsiderate pillock who insults people for being offended by it.
    Best post of the day, thanks.

This is in regards to people acting out of flawed character, not the Lvl90ETC who acted up to overhype the crowd: I wouldn't have expected anything more from a faction filled with emos, which are currently lead by a buffed-up overzealous emo(Was an emo back in Nagrand, and still is) that they call their warchief.

WoW was a "Horde" due to how WC3 was established and developed, and would have went on pretty well if it wasn't for Blizzard ruining the game for some of the game mechanics, the very initial flaw was the inclusion of Warlocks availabe to Orcs and Forsaken being a playable race rather than a neutral faction. I am not a peace preacher for a game of Warcraft, but Sylvanas' atrocities just damage the redemption-seeking Orcs and the new Horde established in WC3, and make the faction the emo-stack it is now due to some people thinking the faction to be evil and knowing there are laws that'd prevent them from committing their out-of-character actions in real-life they get into WoW to do so.

There's lot to write here, that I retain myself from doing so as it would be hurtful to many and would be long...

TL;DR: WoW is a game where Paladins can assume the work of mercenaries and kill baby bunnies for gold, whereas, Warlocks can champion Dryads' cause and protect critters and nature from oblivion. What more can you expect from such a game and its crowd?

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Best post of the day, thanks.
    Thank you!

And yeah, "pillock" is my new favorite insult. It's not vulgar in and of itself, unless you actually look up what it means.

Deleted
    Obvious l90 etc is a HORDE band. Imo they can make fun about alliance and dont have to apologize for it.

And btw how offended can you be as alliance? its not like its a joke about religion or something, just a faction in a game ><

15+ Year Old Account
    Or rather, I'd have laughed at him...because here's this "hardcore" death-metal musician whining about getting ganked in Nagrand. And calling people "emo" while playing Forsaken, no less.)

Well said.

I didn't feel offended personally, because I generally don't expect much of people like him, but I get how some people might have. And I find it pretty ridiculous how some people think they have to insult people so badly because of how they feel about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazhuk View Post
    Obvious l90 etc is a HORDE band. Imo they can make fun about alliance and dont have to apologize for it.

And btw how offended can you be as alliance? its not like its a joke about religion or something, just a faction in a game ><
    I think it's not so much about the alliance being offended (little alliance/horde bashing is part of the fun of playing WoW), but more about his choice of words which related to sexual orientation. And that's just not okay at a big event like this.
    Last edited by Firen; 2011-10-26 at 12:49 PM.

Again, if this had just been pottymouthed faction-baiting, Blizzard's glad-handing would have been appropriate. But he also used various insults relating to sexual orientation.

Deleted
    As a gay I felt insulted for being compared to the Alliance.

As Alliance I'm not the least offended. I do however think that the actual words used were highly inappropriate.

Insulting an in-game faction is fine, as long as it is done in a way that is appropriate for the game (that is, won't get you perm-banned if you yourself do it in the game).
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Funny, to most people that responded here... if you told me or any other poster of MMO Champion the things that they said at Blizzcon, you'd get banned.
    However, this is not the point of this thread. The point is that they gave apologies for it, and wouldn't have done so if enough people wouldn't have had a problem with this. There were still young people in there, and don't know what you think but I wouldn't want if I brought someone under 14 or so to hear such things. And no, I don't care that young kids might be using similar language because... wait for it... not all do.
    Yeah, but no one should really take you seriously. You have been nit picking the expansion and blizzcon since the announcement of MoP. You are no longer credible, you are just whining.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    LOOOOOOL thats the whole point, i agree

respect!

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Not even just that.

He called you a night elf and/or a gnome. One who hangs around Nagrand ganking, no less.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm a gay alliance nightelf priest and I start to feel offended by my peers! :l

10+ Year Old Account
    This is exactly why people make fun of the Alliance players...

Deleted

^This, anyday.
    Thanks for that.

God this is fucking stupid.

To anyone who was offended by that: good luck in the real world. Holy shit. You'll run into a lot more hate than that, and guess what? You've got to let it slide.

I feel bad for people who are offended by that.

And someone mentioned kids being there? Dudes, it's a death metal concert (which sucks). It's a "scene" full of vulgarity and obscenity. It's kind of implied that there might be some risque shit going on.