Quote Originally Posted by Synaptic View Post
    A much safer play would be to continue to last hit and use your health advantage to continue to trade, then force them out of lane or go for a kill when the minion advantage isn't favoring them so much.
    Which is what Riot said that they do not want. They don't want people spending the first 10 minutes hanging back because the creeps will kill them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    Which is what Riot said that they do not want. They don't want people spending the first 10 minutes hanging back because the creeps will kill them.
    Except you are twisting what I said; the person that would be hanging back in the situation I mentioned would be the one that lost the duel and was depending on his creeps for protection--effectively allowing you to zone him out of gold and potentially XP without risking your life in the process.

@Lysah There is no luck in that; there is nothing lucky about them making a horrible mistake and you following it up with a horrible mistake(yes, diving into the creep is a mistake in the situation that you can't tank them.) Also, as I have said before, there is more to laning than just killing your opponent, last hitting, and killing the tower. Even if they keep hiding behind a wave of creep to prevent you from killing them, if you were able to knock them down to such low health, then you can effectively zone them. No gold. Possibly no XP. Meanwhile, you proceed to last hit safely and build a large gold advantage. Just because you knock somebody down to crit health doesn't mean you need to kill them. There are advantages that can be milked simply from them being that low in health.

So you want LoL to be 20 minutes of no action AFK farm on both sides, then, with zero skillcap in the lane phase. Glad we can agree to disagree.

I mean, if you want to agree to disagree that is fine, but don't twist my words around and put words in my mouth like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I said it like a dozen posts ago I'll say it again, not a single person "calculates" that, despite what they say in all chat.
    Except the part where that's pretty much my entire Nasus strategy until I get stacks but oh well.

So you want LoL to be 20 minutes of no action AFK farm on both sides, then, with zero skillcap in the lane phase. Glad we can agree to disagree.
    So you want LoL to be 20 minutes of go to lane, right-click your opponent, see who wins these duels the most and then just decide victory? Glad we can agree to disagree.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree, all your talk is about duels, this game is NOT 1v1, you have hard time to beat your lane ask the jungler (that is why he is here), but what you say is smash enemy without jungler help and force him to heal or die every 3min, that is killer
    And again you thinking how to beat them in 1v1 in a game that is about 5v5, play dominion if you hate minion dmg and want more 1v1 action
    While Riot did change that to "get" to dota spirit more, specially since dota2 is rising and probably have huge reputation to back it up (lets be honest, LoL in its finest days is at best 1/2 of what dota was players wise), I play LoL for being LoL, for actually care early lvls about creeps instead of roflstomp enemy team from min 1, dota is much more focused on each champion set and ends up carry vs carry late game, while LoL isn't carry win the game, but full team coordination

You are on purpose ignoring the fact of what about 2v1 top, you got jungler they don't, GG. One of top is Sion, stun and hit, repeat, Sion already was annoying before but with minions nerf, he will squish his top

I still didn't get answer how Nasus will solo 1v1 now, he is neither lvl1 duelist or harraser
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    So you want LoL to be 20 minutes of go to lane, right-click your opponent, see who wins these duels the most and then just decide victory? Glad we can agree to disagree.
    Guess you'll just have to quit, then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    I still didn't get answer how Nasus will solo 1v1 now, he is neither lvl1 duelist or harraser
    I guess you'll have to start with Regrowth Pendant and a pot and then recall early-ish to get a Cloth Armor/Null Magic Mantle and more pots with Tele so you can just take the harass?

Or then build wriggles and its all K
    Last edited by mmocb00de5a34b; 2011-11-28 at 11:24 AM. Reason: I broke the quote ._.

Deleted
    Guess you'll just have to quit, then.
    I honestly don't get why seeing as if you just want to duel you can make a custom game and go nuts in the river all you want.

I honestly don't get why seeing as if you just want to duel you can make a custom game and go nuts in the river all you want.
    Because the skill lies in dueling while also laning. Enjoy right clicking the enemy and having less than 10 CS by 20 minutes. Any noob can AFK farm while being completely protected by his minions, let's see how fun it is to lane when you can be totally crushed by your mistakes instead.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2011-11-28 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    After about 1.5 year, I'm really considering quitting this game for good (already playing less than I did).
    It's just not always possible to have a full team, and the people playing this game just don't know any manners.
    I don't really care if someone doesn't have a lot of skill (even though that can be very annoying of course), the way people keep talking shit is really getting on my nerves (and yes, I know there is an ignore button).

I've been playing some single player games recently, and think I'll just stick them for a while. After all, being stressed while gaming is not something good.
    a while ago my brain started melting down when i raged too much. then after about 20 games, leaving and flaming in the far majority of them i got all the bans i could just getting higher and bigger for every turn untill the 7 days ban. the ban after that one is permanent. with the people i had been with and the costumer service i had been given, my brain just completely melted. now i can barely write in caps in lol anymore. i just cba. its not even worth trying to flame people. they wont care, half of them wont even understand it anymore.

JUST. NOT. WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just report and go meet with new retards in another game and then proceed to fall asleep crying...
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Deleted
    Because the skill lies in dueling while also laning. Enjoy right clicking the enemy and having less than 10 CS by 20 minutes. Any noob can AFK farm while being completely protected by his minions, let's see how fun it is to lane when you can be totally crushed by your mistakes instead.
    So the kind of mistakes I make are due to lack of skill but the kind of mistakes you make are due to the game being unbalanced?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    a while ago my brain started melting down when i raged too much. then after about 20 games, leaving and flaming in the far majority of them i got all the bans i could just getting higher and bigger for every turn untill the 7 days ban. the ban after that one is permanent. with the people i had been with and the costumer service i had been given, my brain just completely melted. now i can barely write in caps in lol anymore. i just cba. its not even worth trying to flame people. they wont care, half of them wont even understand it anymore.

JUST. NOT. WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just report and go meet with new retards in another game and then proceed to fall asleep crying...
    Not sure if srs...

Why flame at people? It helps no one. All you end up doing is making people demoralized to play the game, as its not all about the skill at your hands, if you force yourself to play you wont play well, and if you get flamed for losing your tower in 20 mins by a successful gank from the opposing team it will only make you want to leave the game.

If you want to be 100% safe there wont be a single bad player in your teams play with 4 friends who know what they are doing.
    And if you really, REALLY only rage at other people you should stop playing online games.

So the kind of mistakes I make are due to lack of skill but the kind of mistakes you make are due to the game being unbalanced?
    I don't know, what mistakes do you make? I'm only trying to argue one point here:

Charging 20% Nidalee with 80% Renekton is considered a mistake on my part. This should never be the case unless I'm actually tower or fountain diving. Riot agrees with this opinion and is therefore nerfing creeps so that you can actually seal lanes instead of horribly lose them when you have the upper hand.

In the end, I'm inclined to agree with the opinion of seasoned game developers, rather than rands on the internet, even if I wasn't biased in the matter. It's Morello's job to make the game more fun, not less.

Deleted
    I don't know, what mistakes do you make? I'm only trying to argue one point here:

Charging 20% Nidalee with 80% Renekton is considered a mistake on my part. This should never be the case unless I'm actually tower or fountain diving. Riot agrees with this opinion and is therefore nerfing creeps so that you can actually seal lanes instead of horribly lose them when you have the upper hand.

In the end, I'm inclined to agree with the opinion of seasoned game developers, rather than rands on the internet, even if I wasn't biased in the matter. It's Morello's job to make the game more fun, not less.
    It shouldn't necessarily be, champions work differently. If you had charged a 20% HP, no-stun-ready Annie, I'd be happy to agree that you should win and you probably would. Charging people with a heal and as you said earlier, "tanky stats" isn't something you should do without thinking through, especially as melee that early in the game.

You also should be able to survive more than 3/4 seconds of minions as a fighter with armor runes and defensive masteries.

Deleted
    You also should be able to survive more than 3/4 seconds of minions as a fighter with armor runes and defensive masteries.
    At lower levels, I'd say no to that as long as you're fighting the enemy as well, minions have to produce some sort of threat or earlygame heroes would just shred the enemy so hard. Spin to win would just own you already from level 1.

(Only sort-of related: That they're not changing Evelynn or Evelynn passive in the same patch as the minion nerf just shows how little they care about her.)

Spin to win already works from level 1.

im inclined to agree with Lysah

the amount of times that creep dmg has destroyed a overly strong gank chance and flipped it into lolfirstblooddead is just frustrating

and yes some of them were me getting baited like an idiot, but i know a lot are the opponent just fleeing wildly on 5hp and then getting a kill.....

Deleted
    Spin to win already works from level 1.
    If he decides to hide in a brush directly afterwards, sure. I just hope they won't make it so he can pretty much just keep standing there.