Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Oh but of course, I'm sure it was just by mere chance you stumbled upon that in this precise moment while you were having a crazy fun time reading that moron's tweets…

Oh, so I wasn’t reading it wrong then? You are actually accusing him of being bias and to be just like Derek Smart while using a screen shot of him going against what Derek Smart is saying as some sort of proof of it? Jesus fuck, I’m so confused right now… what’s even your point with all this exactly? How is any of it even relevant to the bloody discussion?
    The guy just annoys me if I'm going to be honest. I don't like him. And I'm discrediting him, that's the point.
    Last edited by CogsNCocks; 2018-01-10 at 04:36 PM.

I'm in the Cyberpunk 2077 thread right now an people are thinking delays until 2020. Shit, it's almost like making good games takes time.

What is the current status of this game's production? Couldn't find a direct answer here...

If this game actually goes live before 2021 ill be impressed. Also in order to fully play it u need pc that havent been invented yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhvh View Post
    What is the current status of this game's production? Couldn't find a direct answer here...
    They released 3.0 recently, moving to quarterly releases this year, will push back features that aren't ready to the next release instead of delaying the whole patch like they did for 3.0.

Reddit probably the best way to keep updated.

10+ Year Old Account
    In addition to what JCD000 said, here's a good video going over what is in alpha patch 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyani View Post
    Oh wow you trying to kill me or something, i haven't had a laugh that hard in a while. You are probably the biggest doomsayer on here and have done nothing but want the games failure from all the stuff i have personally read of yours.
    I am critical of the way CIG have developed and are developing the game, in that (if they are developing the game the way they say they are) they are pursuing a development strategy that will increase costs, resources and time required, add to the complexity of the program and be an open invitation to bugs and performance problems. I can also be critical of some of the gameplay decisions CIG are making, but there is time to fix those.

I am also not a fan of the way Chris Roberts and CIG raise money - by selling promises and increasing an already huge technical debt, especially at a point in time when they cannot guarantee such promises can be met. But if people want to throw money at him, that's their prerogative.

I also can't say I am a fan of the cultlike response many Star Citizen backers offer. Many even use the word "faith". I find that a little disturbing...it's just a videogame after all. The world isn't going to end if someone criticises it.

None of that means I want the project to fail. It just means CIG is doing a lot that is deserving of criticism.

Here's a timely article about the state of the game. Star Citizen, I am disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Here's a timely article about the state of the game. Star Citizen, I am disappointed
    An article about how an alpha game is not as good as a finished one. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Malibutomi View Post
    The article mentions just that. He didn't shy away from that fact but what was talked about was dead on.

At this point it should be much more than it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Malibutomi View Post
    Nice attempt at deflection.

More accurately it is an article about the state of an alpha game after 5 year's work.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Nice attempt at deflection.

More accurately it is an article about the state of an alpha game after 5 year's work.
    Why does it always have to resort to blissful ignorance with the haters?

So you are saying that 5 years of work are fully represented by the 3.0 alpha build alone? Is that it?

Knowing damn well that 5 years ago there was no studio, there were no 100+ Millions of dollars, there were no Cryengine guys with PG tech, the game or the project as a whole has changed considerably since it's announcement, so why the need to constantly be spilling bullshit like that again and again, it's almost like you guys are proud of being disingenuous. It's laughable and sad that so called "gamers" could spill such a hateful and ignorant campaign. Just because a game company is taking it's time lol

Cyberpunk 2277 has been in development for 5 years then, what has been shown ? Gameplay? What is known about it?
    Beyond Good & Evil 2 , in development for 7?8? 9 years... What has been shown about it? What gameplay ?

Let's dismiss everything and just look at the "now", what's there to play ? A lot in Star Citizen if you compare with similar ambitious games, how many crowdfunded AAA games can we play now? How many of them are MMO's? How many of them let's you do what Star Citizen already allows?

All while building the Single Player campaign at the same time:

It's like people turn on "ignorant" mode and forget the real world around them where several other companies are also building games and taking as much time as Star Citizen.

We get it, you guys don't like the game or it's management for some odd reason decided to make it one of your hobbies to crusade against it so everything is doomed lol

Except that it isn't, it never was and it will never will be, it's just game development as usual.
    It's a pity that you guys became so salty that you can't enjoy seeing a game development inside out. But at the same time is wonderful coming back to the thread and see how the doubtful move their concern to another "feature" that "CIG wont be able to pull off"... Only to be made available to backers to play and have fun.

If only there was other sci-fi space games out there that provided a minimal percentage of the gameplay that Star Citizen already provides... Maybe they could rest easy. But they won't , they never will, only thing that could ease their minds would be the "total collapse" of Star Citizen, that would bring vindication to them, it would ease their mind and they would be able to sleep well at night knowing that they were right...

Except that will never happen so we are stuck with them in every Star Citizen thread and comment section.
    If you ignore them you miss a lot of fun, if you try to reason with them you get a lot of fun, if you call on their bullshit they will try to get you ban by mass whining to the mod's.

So what to do? Simple, just keep posting the news and updates and watch them move their goal posts as the games takes shape and speaks for itself.

Oh and for the ones that are interested in the Game's development, the first ATV of 2018 is up:

And so is the Monthly report of last month: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...-December-2017
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2018-01-11 at 10:55 PM.

Hey, anyone up for a drinking game? Take a shot every time you read “hater” or “ignorant”!
    I’ll take no responsibility for the cirrhosis you might end up getting though.
    Better yet, Take a shot every time you read someone complaining about: "chris roberts", "broken promises", "delays", "bugs", "performance", "ship sales", "pay2win" and ofc the yearly doom prophetizing about "CIG and Star Citizen eminent collapse".

Add nauseam

3~years in a row.

Drink to that.

Cheers
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2018-01-12 at 12:59 AM.

That coming from someone who was just accusing others of being “salty” is just pretty funny.

So, that’s what bothers you? People talking about real cash for in-game power, low performance, delays, broken promises and what not, stuff that arguably are problems with the project? Jeez dude… if it bothers you that much, just do yourself a favor and find yourself a more controlled environment, a place that only allows the kind of opinion or discussion that you tolerate, that way with a little luck we might actually go another couple of pages without having people trying to undermine each other by flinging the same old ass petty insults.

Also, thanks, but no thanks, I only drink to shit that makes me laugh.
    You know that having an opinion about an opinion is a thing, maybe if it bothers you that much, just do yourself a favor and find yourself a more controlled enviroment, a place that only allows the kind of opinion or discussion that you tolerate, that way with a little luck we might actually go another couple of pages without having people pretending to be lawyers or game developers by saying the game is doomed or is never coming out.

You must be drunk all the time then...

That coming from someone who was just accusing others of being “salty” is just pretty funny.

So, that’s what bothers you? People talking about real cash for in-game power, low performance, delays, broken promises and what not, stuff that arguably are problems with the project? Jeez dude… if it bothers you that much, just do yourself a favor and find yourself a more controlled environment, a place that only allows the kind of opinion or discussion that you tolerate, that way with a little luck we might actually go another couple of pages without having people trying to undermine each other by flinging the same old ass petty insults.

They're trying to make this their controlled environment. They're ignoring or flaming anyone who'll speak against the project.

Know what the most sad thing is? Chris said that anything beyond 2014 as a release would make SC dull. Chris knew people would become critical of the game and it's development eventually. The only ones not accepting this is the hardcore SC supporters.

By the way: This just in.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ojx7VcbowYQ

Hahahah staling? You guys seing this shit? That's what I talk about being dishonest and full of bullshit.

2012 - Kickstarter Campaign Launched (Staff = 6, Studios = 0)
    2013 - Hangar Module Released
    2014 - Arena Commander Released
    2015 - Persistent Universe Released
    2016 - Star Marine Released
    2017 - 3.0 Released (Staff = +450, Studios = 5)

2012 > Now = 175$Million dollars and counting.

Nice "stalling" we got there. The Evil Roberts breaks another "promise" oh noes its doomed , doomed I say...

Another pathetic display of intelectual dishonesty

And please keep your goon bullshit in the ed/sa shitholes.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2018-01-12 at 10:52 AM.

See that is what i don't get about some people here. People who only came here to criticize the game, i mean basically every aspect of it. Delayed, boring, laggy, the graphics are dated, etc, etc...(at least in their world).
    I can understand people who watch the project and enthusiastic about it. That's one type it's kinda normal.
    There's the other type who watch it, has a critical viewpoint but still see the positives, so it's understandable why following the project.
    There are the neutral guys, who just read the news about it, and wait and see what comes of it at the end.

Then there are a few people who does nothing but throwing mud at the project, look up negative videos and articles and only post those, etc, etc. This i cannot understand. If i think something is wrong in every aspect...i cannot find any good points in it then i just leave it, forget about it and go on my way enjoying things i like.
    To follow something someone despise, look up negative articles and videos about it, and post negative things about on a near daily bases...that is something completely different in my book and i cannot understand it at all.

It's like getting a car, turns out you hate it, and instead of selling it and getting one that fits you better you go on the car enthusiasts forum and post about it daily how shit it is...sometime someone will ask you: "why the hell are you here, why don't you sell it, or scrap it and move on" and they would be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    They're trying to make this their controlled environment. They're ignoring or flaming anyone who'll speak against the project.

Know what the most sad thing is? Chris said that anything beyond 2014 as a release would make SC dull. Chris knew people would become critical of the game and it's development eventually. The only ones not accepting this is the hardcore SC supporters.

By the way: This just in.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ojx7VcbowYQ
    Pretty much with the top point.

Never understood why people want a one sided discussion. It's not constructive at all. This is a forum. That means you post what you want within the sites rules. Be it positive, neutral or critical. If you cannot accept someones critique then there is always the ignore function to stop seeing what they post.

Constructive is being able to accept critical points and have a reasonable discussion imo. Not trying to force a one sided opinion/discussion into the topic.

Anyone who is remotely critical in this thread gets called out on "bashing and hating".

I feel like that's why the game won't be good. Because they will only listen to those with this whole "this is fine and ignore any critique" type of attitude. It's been an issue with a few other games I've seen this in where the quality/product dipped greatly because they focused on that whole "this is fine" attitude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    The article mentions just that. He didn't shy away from that fact but what was talked about was dead on.

At this point it should be much more than it is.
    Yep. 5 years and just an Alpha to show is not exactly stellar. I don't care how "advanced" the game is. When an Alpha gets delayed consistently with shoddy excuses that screams red light to me right there.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-01-12 at 12:16 PM.

What "constructive criticism"?

It's been the usual hyperbolic fud mongering bullshit for the past 3 years...

A game is in development and we get info about it weekly. Everything that's pointed as a flaw is usual business in every big game studio developing AAA games, only that usualy happens behind closed doors.

Every single bit of mud critics like to point about Star Citizen can be observed in many other studios and games but they don't. They prefer to ignore that these problems are normal of game development because it
    Invalidates their "srar citizen & cig are bad and because of X game is never come out" agenda.

It's amusibgly pathetic how many times these self proclaimed armchair dev experts have said something couldnt be done or that cig is at the brink of financial collapse only to get their dreams shattered by more cig updates and more funding.

It's heartwarming to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    SNIP...
    Yep. 5 years and just an Alpha to show is not exactly stellar. I don't care how "advanced" the game is. When an Alpha gets delayed consistently with shoddy excuses that screams red light to me right there.
    Same here.

I'll admit, I'm not the more well versed person in SC and whats been going on over all the years. It's not been but the last 6-10 months that I have been keeping track of things but the way this is all going I feel this game has turned into a slight of hand trick of sorts on gamers. You are being shown one thing and getting little to nothing all while you are asked to pay more and more.

Like you said, 5 years in and this game is still alpha and beta is no where in sight. A release date is such a joke to even talk about but I have no doubt they will push more and more for your money.

I got really interested in this game but after reading up on whats going on, it's a backburner for me now. I'll check in on it but it gets no support till they can prove they are really pushing for a release date. Content creep is killing this game and it's like they have no goal what so ever, along with a bit of greed too. Handing people over that much money was bound to mess with their heads.