Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    This just made me realize they never added gear to crafting for Crystal Tower stuff to have dyeable versions!

Panic curing at 70% sprout healer is adorable sprout healer, though.
    I would really like a recolor of the Labyrinth of the Ancients tank set

So i finally got all the yellow scrip gear and is HQ crafted or pentamelding the only place left to go beyond farming for gil?

Don’t mind them refusing void ark stuff for crafted gear. Was surprised they made the weapons recolored zodiac weapons. Mildly irksome, and it would’ve cause a shitstorm if they had the Zeta glow effects. I’m of the mindset those weapon models should’ve remained unique to the zodiac questline, but it’s not the end of the world. It won’t stop me from getting further zetas in the future (intend to get WHM and MNK one day).

And I am officially out of things I need to buy with Centurio Seals, so time to start stockpiling Aetheryte Tickets ahead of the 999 stack buff.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    And I am officially out of things I need to buy with Centurio Seals, so time to start stockpiling Aetheryte Tickets ahead of the 999 stack buff.
    They sorely need something else to spend those on, even if it’s just glam gear or another mount. My stupid ass saved up 70 mythic log books before deciding there’s no way I’d spend them all, so I proceeded to pile on ventures. Was at ~100 3ish weeks ago; now approaching 3k. I use allied seals for aetheryte tickets (1k of those with enough seals to get another 500ish).

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    They sorely need something else to spend those on, even if it’s just glam gear or another mount. My stupid ass saved up 70 mythic log books before deciding there’s no way I’d spend them all, so I proceeded to pile on ventures. Was at ~100 3ish weeks ago; now approaching 3k. I use allied seals for aetheryte tickets (1k of those with enough seals to get another 500ish).
    I have over 1000 ventures. Nothing else too spend them on. I'll definitely need to start piling up the aetheryte tickets though. Ventures just seem to be the most profitable things to spend the seals on.

I'm slowly building up to 4k Allied Seals via weekly B-Ranks and I'll sit on them in case they ever pull some shit of making something useful cost them and only them again. Not gonna get caught having to do those godawful daily ARR hunts anymore if I can help it.

Also, I'm betting they'll add something else to buy with Centurio, a mount or pet or something, ahead of the inevitable Mark Log addition come 4.3. And they'll likely follow the HW pattern of putting Verity gear on there for sale, too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    I would really like a recolor of the Labyrinth of the Ancients tank set
    Same. I used that full set for a long time in ARR on my PLD before I almost died of bordom and switched to DRG. A slightly less 'colorful' color scheme would do that set justice.

Don’t mind them refusing void ark stuff for crafted gear. Was surprised they made the weapons recolored zodiac weapons. Mildly irksome, and it would’ve cause a shitstorm if they had the Zeta glow effects. I’m of the mindset those weapon models should’ve remained unique to the zodiac questline, but it’s not the end of the world. It won’t stop me from getting further zetas in the future (intend to get WHM and MNK one day).
    Honestly, I never even finished the ARR relic. I stopped at the zeta step because I don't like the glow effects and couldn't be assed to spam any more dungeons. They're just way too over the top. One of my critical complaints of the Excalibur was that its gold hilt simply didn't match most armor sets. Most armors are either silver or bronze not gold. I welcome a model with a color scheme that suits that honestly .

It also lets me get those cool models for other weapons too.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I have over 1000 ventures. Nothing else too spend them on. I'll definitely need to start piling up the aetheryte tickets though. Ventures just seem to be the most profitable things to spend the seals on.
    The tickets are nice for saving gil, but the prompt every time you go to port is an acquired taste, to put it nicely. They have saved me millions of gil over the years, though. Worth it in my book.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I'm slowly building up to 4k Allied Seals via weekly B-Ranks and I'll sit on them in case they ever pull some shit of making something useful cost them and only them again. Not gonna get caught having to do those godawful daily ARR hunts anymore if I can help it.

Also, I'm betting they'll add something else to buy with Centurio, a mount or pet or something, ahead of the inevitable Mark Log addition come 4.3. And they'll likely follow the HW pattern of putting Verity gear on there for sale, too.
    Skeptical that allied seals ever become worth having again since many people still (begrudgingly) grind them out for the mount speed maps for all the ARR zones.

Forgot about the verity gear; if it desynths into mats needed for the new crafted gear, I’m gonna make bank.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Same. I used that full set for a long time in ARR on my PLD before I almost died of bordom and switched to DRG. A slightly less 'colorful' color scheme would do that set justice.

Honestly, I never even finished the ARR relic. I stopped at the zeta step because I don't like the glow effects and couldn't be assed to spam any more dungeons. They're just way too over the top. One of my critical complaints of the Excalibur was that its gold hilt simply didn't match most armor sets. Most armors are either silver or bronze not gold. I welcome a model with a color scheme that suits that honestly .

It also lets me get those cool models for other weapons too.
    Here I thought I was the only one who the gold on the Excal/Aegis annoyed the shit out of due to how it’s much brighter or such compared to a sit any gold accents on any other armor in the game; think the closest thing to matching it is the High Mythrite gear (ilvl 220).

Here I thought I was the only one who the gold on the Excal/Aegis annoyed the shit out of due to how it’s much brighter or such compared to a sit any gold accents on any other armor in the game; think the closest thing to matching it is the High Mythrite gear (ilvl 220).
    I used it with the arr pvp gear (as a Leo IRL this armor hits home for me nicely). I just wish we could dye "multiple" parts of gear so I could dye out the black with white. White, gold, and a Lion themed armor set. I would NEVER need to change it. EVER.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...6a00adb9181007

RIP Main Scenario Roulette...or as I call it it in 4.2, “who put this dungeon shit in the middle of my cut scenes?”.

WAR will now compete with DRK for most brain dead dps rotation/priority.

For all the hype about BLM changes, MNK stole the show, and seeing how it’s always been my fav melee dps, I might main it next patch.

- - - Updated - - -

I used it with the arr pvp gear (as a Leo IRL this armor hits home for me nicely). I just wish we could dye "multiple" parts of gear so I could dye out the black with white. White, gold, and a Lion themed armor set. I would NEVER need to change it. EVER.
    Maybe, just maybe, one day they’ll unlock different channels for dye on each piece of gear. Pipe dream for now, IMO, but worth keeping in the back of one’s mind.

Oh and hi fellow Leo.

RIP Main Scenario Roulette...or as I call it it in 4.2, “who put this dungeon shit in the middle of my cut scenes?”.

WAR will now compete with DRK for most brain dead dps rotation/priority.

For all the hype about BLM changes, MNK stole the show, and seeing how it’s always been my fav melee dps, I might main it next patch.

Maybe, just maybe, one day they’ll unlock different channels for dye on each piece of gear. Pipe dream for now, IMO, but worth keeping in the back of one’s mind.

Oh and hi fellow Leo.
    One day!
    @Faroth.

You see what they're adding in Eureka? You got your wish. TRAINS are back.

One day!
    @Faroth.

You see what they're adding in Eureka? You got your wish. TRAINS are back.
    I hadn't seen any Eureka information? Where dis?!

Couple things in the patch have me interested in returning. But I just need to vent. Why does everything they do in this game have to be so limited. 200 limit on glamours? While it seems like a lot, a single set of the main items, boots, legs, gloves, chest, helm, and weapon take up 6 slots. Just saving all of the artifact armor sets will have you near the limit. I would kill for a full honest explanation on why they have to limit us so much.

I've been playing wow for the past couple months, and the freedom of inventory space, unlimited transmog space, hell even being able to continue a conversation while in an instance, has been refreshing. I still love 14, but these quirks kill me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resiak View Post
    Couple things in the patch have me interested in returning. But I just need to vent. Why does everything they do in this game have to be so limited. 200 limit on glamours? While it seems like a lot, a single set of the main items, boots, legs, gloves, chest, helm, and weapon take up 6 slots. Just saving all of the artifact armor sets will have you near the limit. I would kill for a full honest explanation on why they have to limit us so much.

I've been playing wow for the past couple months, and the freedom of inventory space, unlimited transmog space, hell even being able to continue a conversation while in an instance, has been refreshing. I still love 14, but these quirks kill me.
    Because servers are shit and they need to make sure they don't overload the servers. So they start the limit out small and slowly increase it over time.

Something I feel that needs to be repeated, a lot, is that the dresser is not replacing the current system at all. Its an additional system upon the current system. Also it took WoW a while before they were able to implement the glamour log. Not to mention them adding in 4 bag slots to the beginner backpack broke shit (they warned us it would!).
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2018-01-26 at 05:23 PM.

Massive amounts of data difference is a big part of it. Despite their upgrades, WoW is still an older game with lower graphics and less data intensive in that regard.
    However, FFXIV started the game with more inventory space than WoW's current max capacity offers with inventory + armory.
    Retainers (just the two) add more "bank" space than WoW's default bank did if I recall. The current bank + crafting item separation tilts to WoW but that's relatively new as well.
    FFXIV regains a lot of inventory with the 999 stack size now, though.
    Then there's the FC vault, though I think the WoW guild bank holds more
    Now they're adding 200 more slots with saddlebags + retainer space increases

I'm not sure what inventory space freedom you're finding in WoW that you don't have in XIV because XIV offers waaaaaay more inventory. It clutters quickly because you're playing multiple alts on one inventory space where WoW may seem less cluttered being restricted to a single one.

I think it goes back to what I've said for years. If you can't manage 100 inventory slots, you're not going to be able to manage 1000 inventory slots either, but players keep asking so developers keep adding more inventory. I think WoW's log book of appearances was final acceptance of people simply being incapable, or refusing, to manage their own inventory. Something I feel detracts from the old days of living in an MMO world and makes it more of just another vidya gaem (I'm an extreme minority fuddy duddy that doesn't think convenience makes everything better by default, though. Most everyone wants everything simplified and convenient as "quality of life" with no consideration that some of those improvements actually work against some of the psychological aspects that made MMO design unique, but that's a whole other topic).

Transmog vs Glamour, I can only imagine the data space is their concern. They don't want to crash things, but if 200 proves fine expect it to increase. Keep in mind it was seven years before WoW implemented transmog at all despite it being one of the most requested features (which was already being done by GW2, LotRO, EQ2, etc) and its initial version was more restrictive than what you have now. You had another year before the void bank was updated and then another year or two before you got the current iteration.

Sadly, this is 100% a personal thing, the WoW log is about 95% pointless to me because I've not been impressed with more than maybe a dozen armor sets since Burning Crusade.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2018-01-26 at 05:35 PM.

Lot of the transmog and bank space changes made to WoW have taken place over the course of several years. I mean...transmog originally debuted in 2010 at the end of Cata (4.3) and it wasn’t until Legion that a proper glam closet came to be.

It’s baby steps, yeah. But they are steps in a good direction. I say let them keep walking so the system can flesh out nicely, or so I hope.

- - - Updated - - -

I hadn't seen any Eureka information? Where dis?!
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...Y2&sh=a706c09e

Massive amounts of data difference is a big part of it. Despite their upgrades, WoW is still an older game with lower graphics and less data intensive in that regard.
    However, FFXIV started the game with more inventory space than WoW's current max capacity offers with inventory + armory.
    Retainers (just the two) add more "bank" space than WoW's default bank did if I recall. The current bank + crafting item separation tilts to WoW but that's relatively new as well.
    FFXIV regains a lot of inventory with the 999 stack size now, though.
    Then there's the FC vault, though I think the WoW guild bank holds more
    Now they're adding 200 more slots with saddlebags + retainer space increases

I'm not sure what inventory space freedom you're finding in WoW that you don't have in XIV because XIV offers waaaaaay more inventory. It clutters quickly because you're playing multiple alts on one inventory space where WoW may seem less cluttered being restricted to a single one.

I think it goes back to what I've said for years. If you can't manage 100 inventory slots, you're not going to be able to manage 1000 inventory slots either, but players keep asking so developers keep adding more inventory. I think WoW's log book of appearances was final acceptance of people simply being incapable, or refusing, to manage their own inventory. Something I feel detracts from the old days of living in an MMO world and makes it more of just another vidya gaem (I'm an extreme minority fuddy duddy that doesn't think convenience makes everything better by default, though. Most everyone wants everything simplified and convenient as "quality of life" with no consideration that some of those improvements actually work against some of the psychological aspects that made MMO design unique, but that's a whole other topic).

Transmog vs Glamour, I can only imagine the data space is their concern. They don't want to crash things, but if 200 proves fine expect it to increase. Keep in mind it was seven years before WoW implemented transmog at all despite it being one of the most requested features (which was already being done by GW2, LotRO, EQ2, etc) and its initial version was more restrictive than what you have now. You had another year before the void bank was updated and then another year or two before you got the current iteration.
    My inventory in 14 is strictly taken up by gear. I don't craft, so all of that stuff doesnt effect me. I don't save random stuff collected through out my play time.

I'm well aware of the fact that transmog, and the collections menu are fairly newer features. But they are features that FF 14 is competing against now. And unlike wow, where most of the gear is just insanely over designed and comical, FF14 makes a lot of really nice looking gear, and it's frustrating to have to throw or sell stuff because you don't have the room to save it.

I'm usually totally on board the idea that wow has ruined genre and turned it into an arcade version of an rpg. But the transmog menu is one of the rare items where I don't feel this way. While it was implemented later in the game, so we have to recollect most of the sets, it's kind of like a look in the past at our journeys. It goes along with why I like having a housing system in these games, they usually offer us a way to collect memories of our accomplishments in game. I loved in EQ2 completing heritage quests just to get the item to display in my house.

I loved in EQ2 completing heritage quests just to get the item to display in my house.
    If glamour is the true end game, and the glamour dresser consumes the item, we can double the true endgame if they'd give us weapon and armor racks to mount in the houses. >_>

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!

But I see stuff about xp penalty more than a lack of leashing and trains to zone in there.

If glamour is the true end game, and the glamour dresser consumes the item, we can double the true endgame if they'd give us weapon and armor racks to mount in the houses. >_>

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!

But I see stuff about xp penalty more than a lack of leashing and trains to zone in there.
    I recall seeing a comment to the effect of mobs having a much longer leash, if any, but I may have seen that elsewhere.