Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    What are you talking about?
    The observation that whenever Skroe gets banned, the investigation moves forward. And he's been benched for the past few weeks (longer than usual).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm loving all these Trump ex-campaign officials who have literally zero media training just going out and doing the rounds, shooting themselves and the Trump campaign in the foot all the while.
    They're just like Cheeto.

Only the best, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    "I'm not gonna go because I'm not gonna spend 30 hours going through my emails!"
    Then 50 hours, 80 hours...

"I'm not cooperating, arrest me!"

This is gold.
    He's about to have a lot of time on his hands...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    The House would need more than the blue wave we're seeing now
    It's not as far away as you might think. The map change in PA is nearly assured at this point.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the future when they make a series about this clownshow, who the hell is going to play this clown?

10+ Year Old Account
    Might want to look into your Skroe obsession. It can’t be healthy.
    I believe he was talking about the trope that, everytime @Skroe gets banned, major developments damage Trump.

Look at the last week. It's hard to argue against that kind of confirmation bias, even if you know it's confirmation bias.

Basically, Skroe is the Madden Curse.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Aaaaaaaaannnnnd Nunberg just confirmed there was a conversation between Trump's bodyguard and Russians about sending girls up to his room.

This guy...
    So, possible confirmation of piss tape? That would be amazing. That would send the Trump supporters into a rage that Buzzfeed and CNN were right.

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/...68946730332161

Tapper: Do you think Donald Trump knew nothing about that [Trump Tower] meeting?
    Nunberg: "No. You know he knew about it. He was talking about it a week before...I don't know why he went around trying to hide it."
    https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/...69330421030918

Nunberg: "Yes I believe Carter Page was colluding with the Russians."
    Oh my god this is glorious. I don't trust this motherfucker, but having a former Trump campaign official say all this shit is hilarious. This is why you don't let scared folks without media training do live interviews, y'all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I figured that out but chose not to join in a discussion of moderation.
    Not sure this counts, but I think we all know what we mean now and it's off topic anyhow.

On topic: Putin has publicly pledged to protect Russians from the Mueller investigation. It's hard to argue that these are rogue actors, not working for the Russian government, when the Russian government has said they'll refuse any form of indictment, regardless of charges and evidence.

Granted, we expected that. But it's worth noting his hand has been forced.

He called into MSNBC and basically said he's trying to protect Stone.
    Why would anyone protect that douchenozzle with the wannabe horn rimmed Harry Potter glasses?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    So, possible confirmation of piss tape?
    At this point, this is no longer Trump's number one problem.

"You used that before."

Damn, it's harder and harder to make original jokes about the Hopeless White House.

"Everyone used that one."

Um...Steele imports?

"Twice."

The Nunberg Trials?

"That's a stretch."

I'll work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It's not as far away as you might think. The map change in PA is nearly assured at this point.
    Oooh, got something new on that? There's so much shit flooding the news I haven't seen anything from PA.

(Also, I like the way the PA gerrymandering challenge goes, but I'd love to see North Carolina's move forward. PA was state matter, but NC is already in federal courts, meaning it could trigger changes across the board.)

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    At this point, this is no longer Trump's number one problem.

"You used that before."

Damn, it's harder and harder to make original jokes about the Hopeless White House.

"Everyone used that one."

Um...Steele imports?

"Twice."

The Nunberg Trials?

"That's a stretch."

I'll work on it.
    Sometimes your posts just crack me up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Oooh, got something new on that? There's so much shit flooding the news I haven't seen anything from PA.
    It's not technically new, just that
    a) SCOTUS backed the redistircting before, there's little chance they'll reverse course now that a specific map has been made
    and
    b) the article suggests six seats will flip as a direct result of removing the gerrymandering.

They also point out CA's red seats at risk, which honestly, I wasn't even watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/05/polit...ler/index.html

Well we have another arrest I guess. I like his excuse though "Mueller has enough to lock Trump up"

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    So, possible confirmation of piss tape? That would be amazing. That would send the Trump supporters into a rage that Buzzfeed and CNN were right.
    Eh, not really confirmation of any details but it's the first public acknowledgment of anyone associated with Trump that it was discussed to any degree. With his bodyguard no less.

To be honest the piss tape aspect is one of the least interesting of this whole situation to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/05/polit...ler/index.html

Well we have another arrest I guess. I like his excuse though "Mueller has enough to lock Trump up"
    If anyone missed this interview, I highly recommend checking it out. This Nunberg guy is completely unhinged. He came off much more like a whiny 5-year-old than a grown man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    He came off much more like a whiny 5-year-old than a grown man.
    Obvious Trump metaphor is obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    To be honest the piss tape aspect is one of the least interesting of this whole situation to me.
    Pretty much; while it's amusing, if the Access Hollywood tape didn't convince people that Trump was a scumbag than two Russian hookers pissing on a bed won't either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    This douche feels like he’s in panic mode and will be getting a call from his lawyer soon.
    Dude already said in the interview his lawyer was going to drop him. I can't see how this will possibly help.

In fact, I'm curious: is there any situation, at all, where a lawyer would tell you to refuse a subpoena? I mean, construct a fictional case, go for it. I just don't see any way that's ethical for the lawyer at all.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you follow up with this, anyhow? I mean, I'm no expert, but if the guy I'd subpoena'd said on live TV "Try and make me motherfucker" I'd be no-knocking on his door within minutes. Anyone who refuses to testify sounds like someone who'd destroy evidence. Like, with a cloth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    No, but I appreciate you reading what I say, and then claiming I said something else. That's kinda cute. But not yet adorable. However, I suspect your response with meet that threshold.

I was just pointing out that regime change is sometimes a necessary thing. Because. You know. Evil.

- - - Updated - - -

Right, let's not get rid of despots who are gassing and starving their citizens. Because it's hard. I supposed, however, that in our case, we'll have to get rid of our own despot first.

Who's going to be left after Mueller is done? President Mattis?

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. Tillerson was balls deep in Russian oil as CEO. Not sure why anyone thought he do anything other than kow-tow to Russia after becoming SecState.
    US has a history of performing regime change and not following through thus creating festering grounds for extremism. Forgive me for not believeing the US has any plans of cleaning up after they destabilize an entire country.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!