For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    Why? Why should the community accept their BS?
    Because Void Elves were already added, and High Elves shouldn't be expected till 2020+ if they do some timetravel shit again.

If BfA will run 2 years , 2 years of no playable High Elves minimum, time to accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    If Blizzard truly does not want High Elf to be viable, they should remove the Silver Covenant. Hell, have them die, and be raised into an undead elf Allied Race. I'd play that.
    Then they better have a good explanation as to why Lor'themar would even be alright with that, considering he still calls high elves 'Children of Quel'Thalas'.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Eh, I agree with Blizzard about everything said that makes High Elves not work.

But I do think they should probably acknowledge that they helped create this problem by making the Valeera and the Silver Covenant so present in the game and lore. They don't feel like a small faction because of that. They were specifically included in even the latest expansion pack. That got people more invested than they should have been.

If Blizzard truly does not want High Elf to be viable, they should remove the Silver Covenant. Hell, have them die, and be raised into an undead elf Allied Race. I'd play that.
    Yes thats the whole problem.
    They cant say they dont have relevance when they create many story arcs for vereesa and the silver covenant. If thry dont want them anymore, they should kill them off really.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    How do you think Blood elf fans would feel if the Alliance got high elves? Fuck you for wanting to steal our race.
    I always get a laugh out of this argument. Hello... ! Hello... knock... knock... the race was a part of the Alliance before it was shoehorned into the Horde for faction/realm balance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Anything is possible in the future, but no plans in the near term to add High Elves as an allied race

This is what ion told about the future.
    Thanks caerule for the quote.
    This is what i have been saying in the last 5 pages.
    you are just going back to the delusional point, same thing from the blizzcon interview

"he said nothing now but can change!1

rly dude, let it go

I always get a laugh out of this argument. Hello... ! Hello... knock... knock... the race was a part of the Alliance before it was shoehorned into the Horde for faction/realm balance.
    It's almost like something happened in WCIII... hmm...

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    And I laugh at that , since Warcraft 3. Even if Garithos wasn't Stormwind Alliance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    They would need to gas all of Dalaran as well while they are at it, since a considerable amount of them is also in the Kirin tor. To be honest, they would have to literally take over everything and install concentation camps and kill them down the last one for this to become some kind of valid argument, as long as void elves down't even number 50..
    i would gladly gas the whole Dalaran if the leader of Kirin Tor is jaina.

as i remember inside the Void rift while you are Rin'Dorei i saw some high elves over there Consume the void thus becoming Void elves
    High elves will not gonna be a thing in near future and i hope not in the far future as long Both Faction still exist.

Why? Why should the community accept their BS?
    You can do whatever you want. Doesn’t mean anything though.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    you are just going back to the delusional point, same thing from the blizzcon interview

"he said nothing now but can change!1

rly dude, let it go
    It is not a question of letting go or not.
    It is his statement, everyone is talking about.
    Everything is still open for the next xpac.

Deleted
    Why do you even want more elves? I don't understand it.

7+ Year Old Account
    his statement is that will not happens

next xpact they will jut say the same thing and keep going on

the only way HE happens is if they decide to end faction barriers once and for all

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    because they were comfortable on the rails of general fantasy where elves are good. They don't want bumpy road to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    because they were comfortable on the rails of general fantasy where elves are good. They don't want bumpy road to explore.
    All the playable elves are technically good elves seeing as every playable character ends up being the hero at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I think he did end it, and a lot of the pro High Elf community reactions show me that a lot of them agree. He can't tie the hands of a future dev team by saying never, but the reasons he listed as to why they aren't a thing aren't going to change.

The reason it's different this time is that by repeating himself, he shattered the idea that their seventh month campaign had any sort of momentum or that something was going to happen. Last night a poster in this thread claimed the presence of a community manager in the High Elf discord as the surest sign they had made progress and that it was inevitable.

But it meant nothing in the end. Muffinus was just joking. The Community Managers were managing communities. And Ion meant what he said on behalf of the dev team the first time.
    It's pretty clear he didn't end it though, based on most of the reactions. You still have the same people posting the same arguments that his response didn't address. You aren't going to convince everyone, there will clearly be people who will never accept an answer if it's not the one they want, but you can address people's concerns with it and turn them down in a way that will get the huge amount of whining to stop. Like I said before though, it's a perfect answer for gloating and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    All the playable elves are technically good elves seeing as every playable character ends up being the hero at the end of the day.
    yeah and if "HE" were a thing we will get general "good races" vs "evil races". You know, just like tolkien or dnd thing.

There is no such thing as good Elves, even with Tolkien. They’re a bunch of elitist assholes. That’s their high fantasy.

Deleted
    But high elves weren't good. They hid behind their gates when orcs came and they hid again when the undead appeared. They never gave a shit about their allies, only once something bad happened to them they knew where to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    It isn't more elves, it is being able to play the ones we can clearly see representing the Alliance on multiple occasions.

Would I play one? No I prefer human. I have a Blood Elf and tried a Void Elf in Alpha (forced to reroll due to the Heart of Azeroth change prior to the Beta wipe), and if my Blood Elf had that nice of a beard I might like it better. The principle of the matter is that High Elves exist in the Alliance and they are represented heavily enough that people want to play as them, and have for well over a decade now. You can't play as a Blood Elf and represent the Alliance, nor can you look like a High Elf as a Void Elf. That shouldn't be difficult to understand. People want to play what they see, and they see High Elves, in the Alliance, repeatedly.

yeah and if "HE" were a thing we will get general "good races" vs "evil races". You know, just like tolkien or dnd thing.
    You already have that anyway, with or without the playable high elves. The humans from Stromgarde, the Wildhammer dwarves and the high elves in the Stromgarde warfront already get that Tolkien vibe flowing.