Page 24 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Even if you count the cut scene as canon, it's not saber combat. It's literally a basic cut. Real world swordsmen need years of practice duelling to get the necessary muscle memory, and cutting doesn't cut it. Lightsabers should if anything be harder to learn, going by canon.

Like sure, you can invent a wild headcanon to explain anything if you try hard enough. But what are we shown on screen? Nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder Woman got heaps of shit from online trolls.
    Then where are the stacks of opinion pieces going "Wonder Woman is getting review bombed?
    Why wasn't the trailer instantly hated and downvoted like Ghostbusters was?
    Why is Gal Gadot not getting tons of death threats?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's some pretty significant differences in portrayal.
    Wonder Woman's outfit is skimpy. So skimpy Trevor has to keep her covered up, for decency's sake, in London.
    Her arc doesn't just include, but is defined by her romantic relationship with a guy.
    Also, it bears repeating that Wonder Woman's origin as a character was as a bondage fantasy.

Plus, I'm pretty sure it did catch a lot of flak.
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...r-wonder-woman

I wasn't saying this kind of brigading happens with every property, either. I was pointing out the instances where it did happen, to point out that similar action does not occur in the reverse.
    It kinda has to if you say there is a faction out there completely dedicated to hating movies with female leads. That means every movie has to suffer this.

Strangely, I don't recall this brigade of REEEEE WOMEN people when Peppermint and Miss Bala came out. Action movies with WOMEN?! UNPOSSIBLE!

Edit: And we're putting a pin in the fact you think the way she dressed made people love the movie. Shit. That's impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    People took to sites like IMDB and rotten tomatoes before the film opened and tanked the audience ratings for a film they had never seen.
    I don' really care either way but this line I've seen over and over and it is wrong. Fake News.
    The rating that was on Rotten Tomatoes, that is now removed, that was 'tanked' for Captain Marvel was the 'I want to see this movie rating'

It did not relate to if you have seen it. It has nothing to do with if the full movie is quality.

the rating is related to what percentage of people WANT to see it. Based on marketing material for the movie. It's like how most of the Transformers movies before release have 90% 'want to see ratings' and like 20% critical scores.

These two scores are based on different metrics.
    Once the films are released then users can make reviews with scores.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I always feel like you guys want me to read from a script to make responses easier on you.
    Something that wasn't an almost complete non sequitur would be nice.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Just a quick question here: Who exactly keeps harassing companys for not "including" things they think that have to be in there or for having "not the right idea or representation" of people hm?

Or keep saying that one part of the fandom isn´t wanted bcs the moves aren´t made for them hm?
    The people who keep harassing these companies are randoms on the internet. Most the time they don't have much influence and can be disregarded.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Why? The movie does nothing that hasn't been done in cinema for decades, CGI aside. Carol Danvers is the latest in a long line of female heroines in action movies, many of them featured prominently in vastly superior movies.
    I fully agree with you @Skulltaker. Why does it have to be different to be praiseworthy?
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    The Last Jedi on the other hand literally had a purple haired Feminist commander whose entire purpose was to show how stupid men are, and Captain Marvel's actress made some pretty obviously bigoted comments.

The Last Jedi is like a parody of movies written by SJWs. It even has a fucking animal rights scene with cringe dialogue.
    Holdo's entire purpose was to sacrifice herself so some hot-headed dude could be in charge.

And Brie Larsen didn't.

You're right about Last Jedi being an SJW parody. The only interesting character is a white male. The alledged Mary Sue is said white male's love interest and a different white male's muscle. There's a bunch of other people who don't do much of anything. Its almost like Disney is trolling us. It still somehow better than Force Awakens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Then where are the stacks of opinion pieces going "Wonder Woman is getting review bombed?
    Why wasn't the trailer instantly hated and downvoted like Ghostbusters was?
    Why is Gal Gadot not getting tons of death threats?
    Wonder Woman (and Black Panther) had the luxury of being introduced in previous movies.
    We knew Gal Gadot (Chadwick Boseman) was good as WW (BP).
    Hell, Wonder Woman was the best part of the movie she was introduced in.

Captain Marvel and Ghostbusters were unknown quantities. And nothing scares the deplorables more than the unknown!

10+ Year Old Account
    They obviously didn't recast her for infinity war.
    I wonder why? /sarcasm
    And again, Disney obviously does not care about Larson's statements and, going by the box office, most of the public does not care either.
    Disney obviously does if she doesn't show up in End Game. "IF" is she doesn't up cause supposedly her name is in the credits but she may not be in the movie. I went to go see the movie for the same reason why everyone else did, because Marvel movies are linked and at the end of Infinity War, Captain Marvel was briefly shown. Brie Larson's comments aren't going to stop me from watching a Marvel movie, and I still think she should sit on a lemon and twist with her racist and sexist comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    It's being classified as racism because you just deny people are treated differently and why that happens.
    So why do you treat differently based on race and skin color as well then?
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    I wonder why? /sarcasm
    I meant end game. Obviously, they didn't recast her for end game or take her out of the film.

Disney obviously does if she doesn't show up in End Game. "IF" is she doesn't up cause supposedly her name is in the credits but she may not be in the movie. I went to go see the movie for the same reason why everyone else did, because Marvel movies are linked and at the end of Infinity War, Captain Marvel was briefly shown. Brie Larson's comments aren't going to stop me from watching a Marvel movie, and I still think she should sit on a lemon and twist with her racist and sexist comments.
    She's already in the trailers for End Game. Were you ever seriously thinking she wasn't going to be Captain Marvel moving forwards?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    The people who keep harassing these companies are randoms on the internet. Most the time they don't have much influence and can be disregarded.
    Did companies changed things bcs they bitched about not having gender neutral pronouns or "to much tis" and such things or not (hint. they did)?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    no studio is forced to change any thing.
    Ah but her eis the crux with the whole thing: They do changed things bcs they bitched so...

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ah but her eis the crux with the whole thing: They do changed things bcs they bitched so...
    Thats called feed back and devlopment, if they aren’t making changes it’s because they don’t care about your feedback or more likly your feed back sucks and isn’t worth heeding.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Thats called feed back and devlopment, if they aren’t making changes it’s because they don’t care about your feedback or more likly your feed back sucks and isn’t worth heeding.
    Wait a moment, wasn´t it you who said we just should ignore thes ekind of peopland now their "input" is "valuable"? Just bcs they say something you like?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wait a moment, wasn´t it you who said we just should ignore thes ekind of peopland now their "input" is "valuable"? Just bcs they say something you like?
    I don’t find there input valuable and if I was a developer I Would ignore any of the raging sjw’s or anti sjw’s and make what I wanted to make.

If how ever a dev wants to make a change because they heard some ones opinion and they agree with it that’s called feedback and development. Only the devs working on the game movie ect, should determine if they value some ones feed back or not and if they act on it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    You think I haven't seen these opinions before?

There's a reason I CHOOSE this way of thinking, even though people (which I despise) would attempt to paint me as a racist for mere colorblindness.

The reason is that once you acknowledge race, gender, identity based grievances (instead of having a generic set of laws addressing everyone, and forbidding discrimination), you open up the dam for any group to have identity grievances. Like men. Like whites. I don't want that. I don't want to live in a world where there's a "price" on your skin color, and another for other dude's skin color. I simply refuse to judge anyone like that.

More unity, less tribalism. Identities should be erased, put in the past, not glorified and given value.

Oh: from one of those shitty articles.

"Multiculturalism is better than blindness"

Yeah, right, that is functioning PERFECTLY well.

Identity should be put in the past, treated like a form of insanity.
    Yeah shure let just all of us wear the same thing, think the same and say the same, even better have a clear catalog of words to say so that nobody can say something another person don´t know...

You know why in almost every dysotopia that´s the worst thing to happen?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I think a slight issue with ''realism'' is the whole ''Nazi zombie undead'' thingy.
    The whole setting is in a WW2 era. Clothing, vehicles, weapons, buildings, accents, among other things are meant to be of the WW2 era. Except the casting. The Nazi labs bit is separate from establishing this setting, but it too also contains many elements that give it a 1940s vibe (ex. medical equipment used). None of the technologies used in the lab are necessarily fiction, just the results that come from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Why? The movie does nothing that hasn't been done in cinema for decades, CGI aside. Carol Danvers is the latest in a long line of female heroines in action movies, many of them featured prominently in vastly superior movies.
    Because the vast majority of people give no shits about innovation it just something we talk about.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    The only film you can cite where this has been true is Captain Marvel. Why? Because Avengers comes out this month and people felt the need to see it to understand the plot. If it wasn't for that, the film would have completely tanked. I have a feeling that Marvel just poisoned there own well. They are going to kill off the universe the same way Disney did to Star Wars. Who cares though? DC seems to be getting itself together. Wonder Woman and Aquaman were fantastic and Joker looks lit. Changing of the guard is taking place.

10+ Year Old Account
    She's already in the trailers for End Game. Were you ever seriously thinking she wasn't going to be Captain Marvel moving forwards?
    I'm surprised cause I remember hearing they took her out. And yea, I thought she wasn't going to be Captain Marvel in End Game because of her bad PR. Remember the whole fiasco of the massive down votes on Rotten Tomatoes? They had to make changes on what people are allowed to rate a movie after what she said. Disney can't be happy about it. In the end Disney made bank but they'll want to do it again I'm sure, probably without her.

Clearly, it should've been Captain Mar'vel. Then the movie would've been fine, male lead and all. Shit! They changed his character to a woman too! /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    I'm surprised cause I remember hearing they took her out.
    They never did...?

And yea, I thought she wasn't going to be Captain Marvel in End Game because of her bad PR. Remember the whole fiasco of the massive down votes on Rotten Tomatoes? They had to make changes on what people are allowed to rate a movie after what she said. Disney can't be happy about it. In the end Disney made bank but they'll want to do it again I'm sure, probably without her.
    At the end of the day Disney made bank.

Obviously they don't care. No one else cares.

I'm glad this thread could enlighten you; the "pushback" you thought was some major, grandiose thing that Disney cared about is really... just impotent nothingness. It had no effect on the performance of Captain Marvel or any of the other films I noted.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.