5+ Year Old Account
    True and Brewfest is apparently getting updated in 8.2 so we’ll see.

The whole Brewfest icon thing for Vulpera is really interesting (mainly because I wouldn’t mind playing one) but what is the Alliance’s answer to Horde getting Vulpera? I know the answer is likely mecha/junker Gnomes. But as there is no icon, it leaves the question really open.
    #TeamNecromancer #TeamDragonIsles

Or something that I don't see mentioned at all, Vulpera are added to brewfeast for both factions as neutral 'brewmasters'. And it doesn't have anything to do with AR
    Zerel the Insane
    "That Orphanage Attacked Me!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProphetLord View Post
    True and Brewfest is apparently getting updated in 8.2 so we’ll see.

The whole Brewfest icon thing for Vulpera is really interesting (mainly because I wouldn’t mind playing one) but what is the Alliance’s answer to Horde getting Vulpera? I know the answer is likely mecha/junker Gnomes. But as there is no icon, it leaves the question really open.
    Maybe Sethrak?
    I could see both Vulpera and Sethrak fighting for their homes in Vol'dun, and maybe finally the Vulpera find a home for themselves in some ruins, while the Sethrak can still have that hideaway you can quest in...
    Can do a thing in which it's well what is the word zoned out for the other faction while they are added as a Allied Race, and still be there for level questing etc...
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    "Drink at your own risk"
    definitely less drunk and more high out of your mind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Sethrak?
    The Sethrak ally with the Zandalari about as much as they do with the Alliance.

More importantly, any new Allied Races need a reputation faction associated with them. Horde has the Vol'dun reputation faction for vulpera. Alliance doesn't have any reputation associated with the sethrak, and aren't getting one in 8.2. They are, however, getting Ankoan (exclusive) and Rustbolt Rebellion (shared with Horde) reputations which would work for ankoan and mechagnomes (junker gnomes, Rustbolt gnomes, or whatever they're called).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    definitely less drunk and more high out of your mind.
    Still it would be nice if more races decided to join the old plus new event...
    Maybe a Pandaren jugging down some ale, and what not...
    For the Horde!

I really hope 8.3 is about Quel'Thalas and Sylvanas f*cking things up there. With Lor'themar joining the rebellion in 8.2, there is so much potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    The Sethrak ally with the Zandalari about as much as they do with the Alliance.

More importantly, any new Allied Races need a reputation faction associated with them. Horde has the Vol'dun reputation faction for vulpera. Alliance doesn't have any reputation associated with the sethrak, and aren't getting one in 8.2. They are, however, getting Ankoan (exclusive) and Rustbolt Rebellion (shared with Horde) reputations which would work for ankoan and mechagnomes (junker gnomes, Rustbolt gnomes, or whatever they're called).
    I see...
    Still Vulpera, and the new fish creatures could be the next Allied Race...

Just need a female version though of the fishies...
    For the Horde!

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's just you man, but I think they would be perfect...
    Fair enough, just never been a fan of the smaller races. Although, i'd actually be in favor of playable Sethrak, even though helms would look ridiculous on them. Here's hoping we both get what we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    Still no idea why sylvanas would ally ashvane
    Unpopular opinion: Ashvane is the most well written character this expansion. I think shes an intriguing villain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Two big reasons.

1. Nobody except Gnomeregan Forever actually likes Gnomes.

2. They have some design problems. Namely their robotic parts. Meaning either they have to have entire gear slots just not show up, or their special customization and the thing that makes them distinct from regular Gnomes is never seen.

An extension off point 2, though. This probably explains why not only did Blizz let us hide chestpieces in 8.2, they also let us hide everything except pants. So mechagnomes can still show off and wear bracers/gloves.
    Not even mechagnomes want to be mechagnomes. Truly inspiring for an allied race.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    uh.. L'ura? The Fallen Naaru we fought at the seat of the Triumvirate and the essence she absorbed at the end?
    She siphoned Lu'ras void energy, she didn't "become one" with Lu'ra or whatever you are going for.

It's not Lu'ra that whispers things to her, its the void itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by benting View Post
    Unpopular opinion: Ashvane is the most well written character this expansion. I think shes an intriguing villain.
    I mean, she is just the generic disney villain.
    Manipulates leaders into thinking she is their friend (kath), later shows her true colors when the disney princess (jaina) outs her and turns out she is even more horrific than even the princess thought she was.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2019-04-19 at 12:21 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    An extension off point 2, though. This probably explains why not only did Blizz let us hide chestpieces in 8.2, they also let us hide everything except pants. So mechagnomes can still show off and wear bracers/gloves.
    Since pants don't show on them, you could functionally have them run around naked. I'm not sure that works with the T rating.

What is it with blizzard and woman being portrayed as manipulative blizzard are acting like incels.

Quote Originally Posted by benting View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I mean, she is just the generic disney villain. Manipulates leaders into thinking she is their friend (kath), later shows her true colors when the disney princess (jaina) outs her and turns out she is even more horrific than even the princess thought she was.
    Maybe she's not the worst, but I would offer that this angle of manipulating players / non-players into doing something than showing true colors has been way overdone.

The type of character I would like to see is smart enemy. Not a super-powerful enemy, we just end up overpowering them anyway. Not a pretend-super-manipulator either, as I said, this was way overdone, the manipulations are transparent to the players from day 1. No, I want an enemy who would be smart. As in, A and H fight it out in Kul Tiras / Zandalar, and while they are doing that, someone raids Ironforge and clears the treasury. We ignore that and after some time we get an army of orcs who are raiding Loch Modan and burning Thelsamar. We capture an orc and he tells us that our enemy paid them money to do so - from what he stole from Ironforge. Then A and H fight and we have this Baine guy who wants to tame Sylvanas and eventually stop the war, but the enemy stages a second burning of Camp Taurajo and pretends that this is Alliance's doing. We know this was staged, but tauren end up not believing Baine and the Horde continues to be under Sylvanas wing and fights the Alliance, the peace is delayed. Etc. We shouldn't know much about what the enemy is capable of, every bit of knowledge should come with great effort - and some of the bits might end up being traps. We should beat him to various secrets and thwart some of his plans sometimes as well - but we should not beat him decisively for a long time. Everyone should want to kill this pesky bastard and he should be smart and vicious. And when after some time we'll start seeing people asking Blizzard to allow them to leave the Alliance / Horde in order to fight under the banners of this smart enemy we cultivated, that's how we know that it worked.
    Last edited by rda; 2019-04-19 at 02:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah and seeing on how there is a drinking game now then the races can have more different drinks they made...
    Really want to see the Ogres updated too with the WoD model and don't have to see the old vanilla one anymore...

Do you think the Dark Irons will still ruin the Brewfest Drink Feast or have a different thing going on for them?
    IMO, I think the Dark Irons will totally be a part of it this year, perhaps even with Direbrew's children running the stand. "Dad would be so proud of this, Dark Irons competing in Brewfest." They might show up for a drunken rampage for fun, but it would be just for tradition rather than to actually ruin it.

I'd kind of like to see the Valarjar be the ones to interrupt this time. Not for reasons of exclusion or hating the event, they just believe that drinking and fighting should go hand in hand as we saw during that Funeral WQ in Legion.

Ogres with the WoD model would be fun to have there, give them a proper new design.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    some kind of hallucinogenic cactus brew, another with a bee venom extract.

just based on the kind of stuff they had in questing through there.
    Good thought. I'd forgotten about all the bee creatures and cacti, but that's totally something they would mix together.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Who's the lord of ravens?
    Before BfA, I thought it might be Anduin, tapping into the Shadow side of Priesthood (ravens are associated* with Shadow Priests)
    However, that hope fell flat.
    It might mean Anzu and/or Terokk, although their MU versions are mostly dead™.
    Or it could simply be a cross-game reference to the Raven Lord character in HotS.

* speaking of which, we talked about the topic recently, this Toy would be a prime example of how to give players optional class customization. Just, you know, not with a 50% uptime if you use it on cooldown.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Before BfA, I thought it might be Anduin, tapping into the Shadow side of Priesthood (ravens are associated* with Shadow Priests)
    However, that hope fell flat.
    It might mean Anzu and/or Terokk, although their MU versions are mostly dead™.
    Or it could simply be a cross-game reference to the Raven Lord character in HotS.

* speaking of which, we talked about the topic recently, this Toy would be a prime example of how to give players optional class customization. Just, you know, not with a 50% uptime if you use it on cooldown.
    Back in Legion there was also the possibility of Khadgar or Medivh, who are able to turn into ravens. But they've been missing so far from BfA.

Let me rephrase the question: Who's the lord of ravens within the context of BfA?
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess who finally made it into the game...Well the other two explorers from Explorer's League.
    https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=152502/reno-jackson and https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=152501/elise-starseeker
    For the Horde!

I'm starting to think that Lord of Ravens is actually Jorad Ravenholdt and it has to do with the Uncrowned plotline that's been hinted at Hordeside (with Voss and Garona slowly working against Sylvanas, also Shaw being around on Alliance).

I've long given up on it being Khadgar or Medivh unless they appear at the very end. It could also be Wrathion... because black dragons look like Ravens? I don't know. But I think it's Jorad.

Maybe the original plotline was that Jorad and Garona would bust Baine out of prison (turn the key) but then they retconed it and used Thrall because he was more popular?

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I'm starting to think that Lord of Ravens is actually Jorad Ravenholdt and it has to do with the Uncrowned plotline that's been hinted at Hordeside (with Voss and Garona slowly working against Sylvanas, also Shaw being around on Alliance).

I've long given up on it being Khadgar or Medivh unless they appear at the very end. It could also be Wrathion... because black dragons look like Ravens? I don't know. But I think it's Jorad.

Maybe the original plotline was that Jorad and Garona would bust Baine out of prison (turn the key) but then they retconed it and used Thrall because he was more popular?
    Why do you assume this quote has to happen in bfa? It more than likely was an event that happened between that fight and the end of legion.