Quote Originally Posted by Fabric View Post
    she snapped, it wasn't a rational choice. The difference between Daenerys snapping and anyone else is that Daenerys got a dragon.
    As I said before, if the truly snapped, she better be laughing maniacally next episode, with the joker makeup, otherwise there was no snap, it was simply the writers forcing the mad queen on someone that only have 2 episodes left.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    In season 1 she watch her brother (only family member left I remind) being burned alive and don't even shed a tear.

In season 2 she is burning people herself (this in defence, I admit).

Also from season 2: "we will lay waste to armies and burn cities to the ground" ~Daenerys

In season 3 she burn down one city without blinking an eye. Full of slavers, "bad guys". Well, if you can kill "bad guy" without remorse, all you need is to be convinced that other city is full "of bad guys" to start genocide. I'm sure that many Nazi believed that Jews want to take over the world and enslave it, so all their atrocities were "lesser evil" and justified.

In season 4 she see crucified children and later crucify same amount of masters, of course without any investigation. So class based guild, just like uncle Lenin & company. Showrunners even introduce son of one crucified master that was innocent to show us this evil from close up.

Don't remember much about S5&6 Daenerys arc, it was mostly more megalomania, losing friends and burning her enemies. It was time when book material ends, so show became less suble (still TOO subtle to majority, which I find very funny ;D).

Of course everyone remember 2nd field of fire and burning disarmed enemies from season 7. And we see nice contrast between Dany's megalomania vs. Jon humble ("...erm, he is King of the North").

Plus of course everyone ignored warning from Sam and Sansa - two people that saw this seeds of evil in Dany. They both experience some evil and malevolence in their lives, so they were more capable to recognize it. People like Jorah, Jon and Tyrion were just blinded by love (of course not in romantic way in Tyrion's case). I kinda wish Theon would give us some warning - he was most exposed to pure evil.

In last episode she was convinced that King's Landing is source of all evil in Westeros, full of "masters" aka "bad guys". She intended to do this when she mounted dragon, look how dishonest were her nod to Tirion.

I don't like many aspects of the show, epecially trip beyond the wall was veeeeeeery stupid. But calling showrunners Dumb and Dumber just because you were blinded last 8 season is... Jesus I don't have words for this.

BONUS: Also, read some Jung, it will help you understand last episode. There is evil in every one of us. REAL evil. If you're not careful, it can "possess" you to the point you could do (beeep - I don't want to get banned ;P) and ENJOY THAT. Just watch closely your fantasies sometimes, if you dare.

BONUS2: I'm 99% sure Martin will go with "Mad" Dany scenario. And in the books we will see even more clear path. She will shatter "Dream of Spring".

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    It may be true for the majority of Westeros, but the North and the Vale? Daenerys didn't just send her troops to help them, she came herself and risked her own life to protect the North. And for all the time she was in Winterfell, she acted kindly and respectfully towards everyone, showed that she can set aside her personal hatred for the greater good, she is capable of listening to her advisors, including Jon and Sansa (Jaime's arrival) plus she values deeds above family history (nominating Gendry as the Lord of Storm's End). I get that the northeners don't trust her and it will take more to convince them that she's not evil, but the way I see it - Danny really tried to be good to them and yet it didn't win her any favors.
    The North's last experience with a Targaryen was one of them burning their liege lord and his heir in the Great Hall in front of the whole kingdom. It was why the North fought in Robert's Rebellion. Forgiveness takes time, yanno.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Danny beats Cersei, Arya stabs Danny and Jon, Sansa sits on the Iron Throne?

Sure would be a plot twist
    Bran rules the 7 kingdoms. First democratic elections.
    Called it.
    You saw it here first.
    “The best way to win an argument is to begin by being right.” -Jill Ruckelshaus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    As I said before, if the truly snapped, she better be laughing maniacally next episode, with the joker makeup, otherwise there was no snap, it was simply the writers forcing the mad queen on someone that only have 2 episodes left.
    Everyone has different way of act when they snap it doesn't have to be joker laughing as you describe it you know..

In fact Dany snapping seems very logical not saying what she did was right and just ofc not just saying I understand her reasons.

She lost many of her army + some of her dearest ones (Jorah Mormont), and most of her Dothraki army defending the north from the Night King.

And what she gets for doing all of that? people plotting and betraying her behind her back and mistrusting her and weakening her position overall and you are surprise when she snapped?

10+ Year Old Account
    We should just rename this thread to come shit on GoT, and if anyone comes in here and says they like it you will also be shit on.

Quote Originally Posted by steristumpie View Post
    Bran rules the 7 kingdoms. First democratic elections.
    Called it.
    You saw it here first.
    Bran can't sit on the Iron Throne. The Throne has stairs...

So passes Varys, Master of Whispers.

Rather strange that he was betrayed so easily by Tyrion, but since his counterpart Littlefinger's death (and Dani's exact description of how he dies when he betrays her) his death was certain anyway.

The episode was not really surprising, it was clear where it would lead for a few episodes now.

So we have that huge buildup of Arya going to kill Daenerys, but I guess it is rather unlikely that she gets both NK and MD kills, most likely she gets the Dragon. My bet is rather on Sansa or Sam to get Daenerys killing blow. There's also that implied rivalry between Jon and Greyworm, curious where this will lead.

Getting Cleganebowl in a crumbling Red Keep was really something to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    In season 3 she burn down one city without blinking an eye. Full of slavers, "bad guys". Well, if you can kill "bad guy" without remorse, all you need is to be convinced that other city is full "of bad guys" to start genocide. I'm sure that many Nazi believed that Jews want to take over the world and enslave it, so all their atrocities were "lesser evil" and justified.
    Astapor? She didn't burn down Astapor. She never burned any city down. She has never razed any cities before, she liberated them. In fact, she ordered her newly obtained Unsullied in Astapor to kill all of the slavers and free the slaves, she even emphasizes to not kill any innocent people. Her whole character is built up by this narrative, how can people not realize this? Your whole point is moot.

can anyone explain from me why there were wildfire explosions in the city? leftovers from stannis invasion? leftovers from the mad king?

first i thought it was cersei having another card up her sleeve, but it was just so ... random ....

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    Being "just evil", shooting people en-masse, is abnormal behavior. Which is what crazy means.

What about shooting a bunch of people that's got nothing to do with the perpetrator, not crazy? Do you realize how insane do you have to be to reach rationalize you must commit mass murder to become famous or any other selfish reasons?
    It's not insane to believe you will be famous if you kill a lot of people. There are a whole lot of people who are known and famous just because they killed a lot of people. Based on precedent, it is reasonable to believe you will be famous if you are a mass murderer.

Crazy as in "that's crazy because it isn't normal," is different from crazy as in "lost all sense of reality." The last one is the legal definition of insanity and when you call someone crazy, or mad, you are saying that they are mentally disconnected from reality. Most mass murderers are still sane and rationalize their actions as necessary for their own personal goals or feelings. An insane person kills a bunch of people not knowing what is happening is real, not even realizing the people are dying. Killing a bunch of people because you believe they are part of a society that has shunned you or hurt you is not insane, it is an incorrect rationalization but is based in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    Things in Westeros seem to have been going pretty well based on what little we've heard from things over there at least, and she's ruling them by fear albeit only the aristocracy. It's a fact that Dany is loved over in Westeros by the people.

There's no one to rule by fear now because they're dead, in King's Landing of course. She could have ruled them by fear knowing someone could fly over your castle and burn it to the ground like it was nothing, now she's just the queen of ashes which is something that goes against what she was trying to be.
    What common people love Dany? If there are any, we haven't seen them. The Northerners praised Jon for doing exactly what she did right in front of her. No one thanks her for helping defeat the NK.

If the people in King's Landing loved Dany, why did they run inside the walls when her army came? No one was forcing them. If they loved her and wanted her to be queen, wouldn't they have gone out to be liberated by her and stay out of the battle?

King's Landing is just one city. Not everyone in Westeros lives there, and there are still plenty of people to rule.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Last episode I thought that Cersei shouldn't be able to lose with the Scorpions. Last episode a dragon was killed like a fly.

This episode Daenerys destroyed all of those weapons. They couldn't even turn them to aim Drogon. Daenerys' army was practically useless. They didn't do anything to win the battle. It was just Dany and Drogon. She burnt the gate and the Golden Company, the army went in, then the rest of the army surrendered. Dany's army use was exhausted at that point, everything that followed was meaningless bloodthirsty killing. Then she burnt everything alone.

We didn't even get to see how her face was while she burnt them all. Was she angry? Emotionless? Horrified? Sad? We only saw her half a min when the bells rang and then nada.

Jon Snow, Sansa was right about you. " Men do stupid things for women", legit blindly followed her despite saying in his face that she can rule with fear, if not love.

Varys didn't even say anything before he died, at least he didn't live to see what happened next.

Tyrion betrayed Varys, the one who saved him from being executed. For what reason? To be loyal to the queen. Then betrays the Queen by liberating Jaimie. Ooooook. Nice brotherly scene though.

Sandor at least died true. Likeable from the start til the end. A good arc ended.

Jaimie and Cersei deserved a better death. Not necessarily to Arya or Dany, but there could have been some poetic end to them. Maybe him mercy killing her before he succumbs to his wounds.

Euron died like the trash he was. Qyburn, fitting. Curiosity killed the cat.

This ep should have focused way more on characters than on the city burning. Arya's scenes were practically that, the destruction and death of innocents. We get it, but still we want to see the characters. That mother and her girl had more screen time than most main characters. Also Arya surviving walls falling and dragonfire in quick sucessions was ugh. Not to mention the white horse that magically appeared in the middle of chaos all calm and quiet...

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    can anyone explain from me why there were wildfire explosions in the city? leftovers from stannis invasion? leftovers from the mad king?

first i thought it was cersei having another card up her sleeve, but it was just so ... random ....
    It was hidden all over the city by Mad King's alchemists 30 years ago. Cersei found only part of this under Baelor.

So in fact, Dany burned city together with her father.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Last episode I thought that Cersei shouldn't be able to lose with the Scorpions. Last episode a dragon was killed like a fly.
    It was too exaggerated, but remember few facts.

1) Rhaegal was smaller dragon that spend few years (?) chained under pyramid.
    2) He was wounded in Winterfell, they even show he had problems with taking off.
    3) If was his first experience with scorpions (and dragons are intelligent beasts as Tyrion said in s6).
    4) Drogon were bigger and already fought scorpions twice by episode 5, he get better with dodging this shit.
    5) Dany used Sun to "cover" her tracks.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2019-05-13 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Everyone has different way of act when they snap it doesn't have to be joker laughing as you describe it you know..

In fact Dany snapping seems very logical not saying what she did was right and just ofc not just saying I understand her reasons.

She lost many of her army + some of her dearest ones (Jorah Mormont), and most of her Dothraki army defending the north from the Night King.

And what she gets for doing all of that? people plotting and betraying her behind her back and mistrusting her and weakening her position overall and you are surprise when she snapped?
    After you burn an entire city, yes, you are mad. Laughing as the joker is after the snap, because well, you just became the mad queen.

Yes yes, very logical to just burn everything, instead of just the lannister army and the red keep, actually, let's save the red keep after we destroy everything else right?

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Bran can't sit on the Iron Throne. The Throne has stairs...
    Not anymore!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post

It was attention to detail. The mad king had stashes of it everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    No it isn't lol. If she wanted to do a show of force and get the people to respect her, she would have just nuked the Red Keep. Indiscriminately killing civilians is how you make sure you need an army of food tasters for the rest of your life.
    There are negative consequences to ruling by fear, but it is a reliable strategy as long as you can control those consequences. She can do that by having food tasters. She could also set up a benevolent system of government that she is there to make sure no one destroys. She could take over Westeros by burning and then rule from cities in Essos where she is loved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    After you burn an entire city, yes, you are mad. Laughing as the joker is after the snap, because well, you just became the mad queen.

Yes yes, very logical to just burn everything, instead of just the lannister army and the red keep, actually, let's save the red keep after we destroy everything else right?
    Once again not everyone has the same reaction as you comment man not everyone is the same as the joker come on man...each person act differently when he/she snaps depend on that person....is that even hard to understand?

Again not saying what she did was good or right or justice we can all agree that what she did is horrible and she became a villain that is given. What I am saying that I understand why she snapped after she suffered so much barely anyone thanked her or trusted her specially the North...and Sansa is so guilty she is one of the big reasons why Daenerys finally snapped.

Why is that hard to understand is beyond me..

watched the episode today .

jezus f......ck what they did with this show.

this will go to history of cinamatic with how to completly butcher a series in 3 episodes -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    We didn't even get to see how her face was while she burnt them all. Was she angry? Emotionless? Horrified? Sad? We only saw her half a min when the bells rang and then nada.
    They really should have shown her face during the burning. It would clear up a lot of questions that aren't fully answered by the conflicted look on her face when the bells ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Man what a mess, the dragon breath was retarded, burning sure go ahead, literally blowing up entire battlements that weigh dozens of tons, gtfo with that garbage pfft.
    Glad I wasn't the only one who had a problem with this. Drogon even landed on some battlements and it didn't even break under his weight but the fire can literally obliterate any structure it touches.