Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasVonTzeskagrad View Post
    You didn't get it. The sooner they end it, the sooner they'll make it again. That's my message, and why this is hopeless.
    Today is Sylvanas. Tomorrow Gally and Geyarah. Then Lorthemar, Cromush, or even Ji.
    Looking forward to watch Ji Firepaw burn Exodar to crisp.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Urm, no, its outland nagrand, notice the floating islands, and fact that varok draws attention to the fact the crops don't grow well, dying land.
    Yep, already stood corrected. An awesome callback to it.

It makes perfect sense to kill Thrall. Sylvanas know there's an underground, proto-rebellion forming. Killing one of the would be leaders is a no-brainer. If they had succeeded, no one would have known, ever. They would suspect but they could not prove.

I'm wondering if Sylvanas is intentionally making people go after her.
    I mean in 'A Good War' she muses what will happen when she takes the Horde from Saurfang and that it would make him her enemy. Then she turns right around and does just that.
    She displays Derek openly while seemingly trying to torture him into slavery, knowing this must rustle several feathers and make Baine at least act against her.
    She makes a show of arresting Baine and killing Zelling, specifically in hostile territory and in front of all her allied leaders plus Rexxar.
    She sends two assassins into Outland to attack Thrall, who may have left his shamanism behind somewhat, but who still is a trained and seasoned warrior has a wife with him that is a powerful shaman in her own right.

I still refuse to believe that she is simply dumb, so... is her plan to play some kind of bait, leading them into a trap when they finally all come after her?

Otherwise I really want them to update Outland now, Outland Nagrand is just so beautiful and was done justice in that cinematic. Also I liked that Thrall looked a little like movie Durotan.
    Loved the cinematic, but I am questioning Sylvanas's motivations here.

5+ Year Old Account
    I’m wondering if the Twilight hammer has inflitrated the horde and are pushing for the horde to go through another civil war to further weaken any resistance for N’zoths return.

I still think Sylvanas is being used or forced to service by N’zoth indirectly or directly.

If not then blizzard making her villian is just stupid.
    I always liked her as hordes “oh shit” button for desperate moments in war.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    It's been one of my favorites aswell, but I'm not sure if they would do any revamping to it to be honest. If they were to, I think they would have made that the playable Mag'har's new home, but it seems that it's just a broken place that's going to continue to fall apart over time.

But I would like them to reuse it at some point
    That's true, most-likely there are no plans but oh well! This brought back so many awesome memories of that zone

Is Thrall John Wick? He didnt want to return until some criminals attacked him at his home...then where is his dog ? haha

Last edited by KainneAbsolute; 2019-05-15 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    It makes perfect sense to kill Thrall. Sylvanas know there's an underground, proto-rebellion forming. Killing one of the would be leaders is a no-brainer. If they had succeeded, no one would have known, ever. They would suspect but they could not prove.
    Besides the fact that Thrall's presence ends up being irrelevant since we're told in the next patch even after he joins the rebellion that a majority support Sylvanas, there's just the question of execution. We're expected to believe that invisible, sleepless assassins were followed by an old man and that they didn't just shoot Saurfang in the head while he was asleep and then proceed to do the same thing to a Thrall who couldn't use shamanism and his family afterwards.

Set aside that it was only two guys after Sylvanas had seen Saurfang wreck a whole battalion.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    So many people outraged and confused about the Rogues. What is there to be confused about?
    The fact that its more heavy handed than drunkard father on a friday night.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Is Thrall John Wick? He didnt want to return until some criminals attacked him at his home...then where is his dog ? haha

More like washed away version of max payne.

Quote Originally Posted by Senel View Post
    Loved the subtle hint of Thrall wearing alliance colors. Totally not MoP BTW
    Thrall is wearing light blue, which is the color symbolic of the Frostwolf Clan, which Thrall is a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Besides the fact that Thrall's presence ends up being irrelevant since we're told in the next patch even after he joins the rebellion that a majority support Sylvanas, there's just the question of execution. We're expected to believe that invisible, sleepless assassins were followed by an old man and that they didn't just shoot Saurfang in the head while he was asleep and then proceed to do the same thing to a Thrall who couldn't use shamanism and his family afterwards.

Set aside that it was only two guys after Sylvanas had seen Saurfang wreck a whole battalion.
    Most people who have seen the cinematic would not know the first part.
    Their target was Thrall, killing Varok before they found out where Thrall actually is would be moronic.

Sylvanas is arrogant. Also, Rogues are overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    "It looks like Blizzard saw Game of Thrones one-upping them in horseshit writing department and was all "hold my beer" to regain their rightful place."
    "But why? I get the writing is shit, but why demand something impossible? You'd get better results demanding gaining omnipotence from the universe than you'd get demanding better writing from Blizzard."

Because you're soooo good at compelling arguments right
    Ever heard about the concept of expressing one's opinion on something? Meanwhile your replies are nothing more than just blatant baiting. So a simple "no" would have sufficed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

They are literally rotting, moving pieces of flesh. No, not really.
    yeah they are. Guess we disagree.

Most people who have seen the cinematic would not know the first part.
    Their target was Thrall, killing Varok before they found out where Thrall actually is would be moronic.

Sylvanas is arrogant. Also, Rogues are overrated.
    Sylvanas knew to send a whole army detachment and knew that failed, thinking that two guys could handle double as much of a threat is retarded.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

So Thrall is basically farmer thanos now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I think this tack makes a degree of sense for Sylvanas, myself. She knows there is a proto-insurrection in the making due to Baine and Saurfang's actions, and she knows Thrall and Saurfang share a pretty deep bond. Thrall would be a likely person for Saurfang to run to, and if properly utilized Thrall could be easily utilized to create a true coalition against her regime. Proactively moving to remove that threat and leaving Saurfang no ground to go makes a lot of tactical sense, and she would also know that Thrall's powers are compromised (as per what we saw in Legion) - making an assassination viable.

I would doubt an emissary from Sylvanas would be well-received by Thrall, they've never been great friends after all - it is more likely they would be dismissed out of hand or, worse, make Thrall curious as to why they were actually sent.
    So Sylvanas is considered somewhat smart, is she not? So she would try to remove a threat that isn't actually a threat... but in doing so, create the threat?

All Sylvanas has to do, is not send anyone, or just send spies. If she did send an emissary, all they have to do is say "Hey Sylvanas is turning up the whoopass on the Horde, please be patient with her" and that's it. But that's not even necessary.

However we have here is the moment that Thrall refuses Saurfang... the assassins then attack, causing Thrall to then join. Sylvanas is supposed to be an intelligent character, but she just created her own enemy in Thrall when there wasn't a need for one.

The only way this cinematic makes sense, is that these assassin's... are actually loyal to Saurfang and he used them to get Thrall to join the Rebellion(But that's not even gonna be the case, because WoW is EVILVSGOOD)

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Seeing the usual crybabies on this thread whining about things not going their way and blaming or deflecting it on the writing, its hilarious. Pretending you even had things the ball park to begin with is a level of entitlement I could make a reddit post for.

*sylvanas takes power and does evil things with that power* "This is great, this is how the lore should be now!"
    *rebellion starts because sylvanas' evil starts to break the horde* "Urgh the writings shit now fuck you blizzard!"

Do you people have no self awareness?
    I don't know, ask your 1236453298562938457676 different threads about Thrall in Cataclysm.

Also, this entire argument is nothing more than your petulant straw-man. No one from the "usual crybabies" commended writing at the start of BfA. So what "deflecting" and what "blaming"? Your remark about entitlement on the other hand doesn't even make sense in the context of your nonsensical post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Sylvanas knew to send a whole army detachment and knew that failed, thinking that two guys could handle double as much of a threat is retarded.
    Assassins have been far more successful in eliminating certain personalities than armies, especially in WoW. Some of you are determined to find holes in this. On the surface level, all of it makes perfect sense.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    So Thrall is basically farmer thanos now?
    He would have to shrink every Titan into stones and fit then on a glove or in this case fit them into the doom hammer then we got Thrallnoos.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Looking forward to watch Ji Firepaw burn Exodar to crisp.
    A still image from Blizzcon will show Ji with a depressed plunger next to him while he is watching an orphanage burn, Blizz will asure us tehre is a different side to the story, and we just need ot wait and see. Following that there will be an elaborate cutscene that shows that not only did Ji blow up the orphanage, but he whispered to every child that Santa didnt exist before he did.

After that there will be a full-length cinematic of Gallywix looking sad to ensure the Horde that not everyone in the Horde agrees with this terrible injustice to the Hordes identity as something other than bloodthirsty savages.

After some complaining from Alliance, we will be assured that the scales will tip back in our favor soon enough, and next we see them, Alliance sets fire to a Horde war camp that openly partook in live vivisection and slavery, Blizz will now claim that Alliance is just as morally grey as the Horde.

Further into the expansion, every patch will be billed as the one where Alliance gets to retaliate, except every time it is preceded by Ji smirking and eating another orphan and puppy kebab while the Horde leaders say nothing.

Thrall will then be brought back again to set things right, and the Alliance will say that next time it is super super serious if they have to spank them again.