The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    I chuckled. Fair enough hahaha.

- - - Updated - - -

https://ptr.wowhead.com/item=173951/...liver-of-nzoth
    Crazy. Shame it can only be used in Kul and Zanda, but still a neat idea....

Quote Originally Posted by FecundDecay View Post
    Crazy. Shame it can only be used in Kul and Zanda, but still a neat idea....
    Its exactly the same yaungol item from MoP.

And that was also limited to Timeless Isle iirc.

Oh boy, I am getting some vietnam MoP flashbacks, and I shudder that people want those class designs back...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    "but god that eye just drove me nuts."

So, N'zoth's corruption worked, then. Because, that's the whole point of having the eye of N'zoth.
    Do YOU know how hard it was to build a transmog set around that fucking thing? Maddening I tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Do YOU know how hard it was to build a transmog set around that fucking thing? Maddening I tell you.
    Go do WoTLK, and/or Cata raids. It's not that difficult.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by High Tinker Buliwyf View Post
    Its exactly the same yaungol item from MoP.

And that was also limited to Timeless Isle iirc.

Oh boy, I am getting some vietnam MoP flashbacks, and I shudder that people want those class designs back...
    Yea I mean... I'm not UPSET by it.... I get why they don't want people suddenly becoming hostile in the middle of Org/SW and killing lowbies or something, but that could still be pretty funny. I'd have to imagine they'd be pretty heavily outnumbered and easy to take out if that were to be possible... I guess they don't want players organizing a large raid group to all toggle the item on and start attacking their own city - but is that really any more problematic than the enemy faction putting a raid together and attacking a city?

In the end, I guess I'm just not entirely sure what the purpose of the restriction actually is.... What use of that item are they trying to avoid by limiting it to those specific locations? What large issue would having it be available anywhere really cause that restricting it prevents from occurring?

You'd be surprised how rarely purple and bright orange are combined. These ended up being what tied it all together.

The true challenge will come in 8.3.
    Mechagnome hunter, won't get much harder than that to transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The true challenge will come in 8.3.
    Mechagnome hunter, won't get much harder than that to transmog.
    Go to Ulduar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    You'd be surprised how rarely purple and bright orange are combined. These ended up being what tied it all together.
    I kinda agree, but still. Bastion of Twilight, and the Firelands could have some Purple/Orange combined gear for you to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Idk how to think about this. If the ones that chose the Horde also get something for their choice then it's no issue (there'll always be people saying how X got better shit than Y), otherwise kinda crappy for them to reveal the rewards months after people got to make the choice, unless other Hordies (and possibly alliance) will be able to get it with a "spy/infiltrate" questline.
    Eh, not a big deal, if we “have” to be fair then Alliance needs a set to for you know...for having no conviction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Eh, not a big deal, if we “have” to be fair then Alliance needs a set to for you know...for having no conviction.
    "Ran outta troops"

Yeah my ass.

P.S. Thats the only gripe I have, ever since they mentioned it in 8.1. Like we worry about logistics...ever.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That really is one of the core problems with BfA and the faction war.
    I don't mind one faction getting slightly more in some cases, but over a long enough span of time we need to feel justified in knowing that eventually it will balance out.
    The Anduin questline in Legion comes to mind. Alliance got a bit more story, and a pretty nice cinematic. This balanced out the extra cinematic Horde got at the beginning and the quest itself might be comparable to the Vol'jin questline in BfA.

In BfA however horde just kept getting more and more stuff that Alliance didnt get, from the first raid being somehting that only tied into the Horde story, the varied mounts and later the Saurfang questline with accompanying cinematics.
    Eventually we reach a point where Alliance starts doubting that we will get anything at all.
    You disprove your point straight away. Horde got more story at the launch of legion with Vol’jin’s funeral, and eventually Alliance got balanced with the Anduin stuff in 7.2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    "Ran outta troops"

Yeah my ass.

P.S. Thats the only gripe I have, ever since they mentioned it in 8.1. Like we worry about logistics...ever.
    Naw man, it’s conviction, if you’re outta troops, last thing you should do send what few you have to help out the enemy that just genocided one of your peoples.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    You disprove your point straight away. Horde got more story at the launch of legion with Vol’jin’s funeral, and eventually Alliance got balanced with the Anduin stuff in 7.2.
    Suppose that might be correct, honestly didnt check.
    Just kind of goes to show my point though. I don't care if Horde got 10 extra quests somewhere if over time it would balance out. What bothers me about BfA is the sheer amount of stuff Horde has got with no indication that Alliance will get anything comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i would not say he was the last real goblin, he was the "extreme" of goblins, he was just a greedy piece of shit who did nothing

goblins besides being greedy are clever, intelligent, ingenious, cunning, they build machines and weapons like beasts, gallywix never did that, Gazlowe actually can work thinking in the money and but was clever and ingenious building his things, always thinking about profit and inventions

Also, he help to build orgrimmar, he was a thing since warcraft 3, the guy had a long story within the horde more than Gallywix.
    Gallywix did that he helped the horde with warmachines. And almost killed Gelbin. I saw someone suggest that they should keep Gazlowe and Gallywix and have them be like Tom and Jerry sort of, like with Gallywix trying to fuck up Gazlowe, but gazlowe always figures it out.

Gallywix was fantastic in the war campaign.

Also Blizzard doesnt handle Manpower and resources very well, see the "kul tiran fleet" etc Alliance was Decimated and horde outnumbered them during 8.2.5 but suddenly their fleet is all super big and shit :P.

Also See manpower of horde vs ally They retcon that stuff like crazy.

I have a headcanon the factions have a cloning machine beneath orgrimmar/stormwind.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Thats the only gripe I have, ever since they mentioned it in 8.1. Like we worry about logistics...ever.
    Like how we suddenly cared about the Stormwind economy during Cata, these things only serve as an excuse to maintain the status quo, and save the Horde from being stomped in retaliation for their aggression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone I don't like
    Something I perceive as stupid or overly emotional.
    A quote that justifies my ideology, or attributes my opposition's position to ignorance or selfishness. - Some Nobody

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Gallywix did that he helped the horde with warmachines. And almost killed Gelbin.
    he only buy those machines, he is not an inventor, and he buy the cheapest ones, with low quality, for the most proffit, Gazlowe do the right thing in the deals

I saw someone suggest that they should keep Gazlowe and Gallywix and have them be like Tom and Jerry sort of, like with Gallywix trying to fuck up Gazlowe, but gazlowe always figures it out.
    would be funny yes, but its blizzard, if we have to pick one i go for gazlowe all day
    Gallywix was fantastic in the war campaign.
    he was, but he show why he don't fit, he is funny and all, but a leader should be more

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    I have a headcanon the factions have a cloning machine beneath orgrimmar/stormwind.
    My headcanon is that both factions keep their warlocks around to do that rapid-aging thing.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalham View Post
    What do you mean retcon ? In the lore they aren't dead. Its been stated many times even during the raids that they managed to squeeze portions of their power out of their jails and we need to "push them back". We never killed an old god before, we never even fully faced one. C'thun eye and Yoggs mouth is the only parts we fought. Now finally an old god is fully released and we gonna fight him soon "Nzoth".
    no, in the lore they are both dead, both ingame and in the chronicles version, its beins tated many times they were dead.

i never saw a single piece of lore saying "push then back"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    You can't kill an Old God without wrecking the planet.

Unless that's been retconned
    Well, because they were embedded into the planet. Killing Y'shaarj was not the reason for the damage to Azeroth. Pulling his carcass outta the landmass was. Of course, it's hard to guess what happens with the corpse of an OG when left there to the ravages of time.

Also, I think that's the point of N'zoth being free now. It might be why we can actually kill him without major consequences to Azeroth itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post
    Like how we suddenly cared about the Stormwind economy during Cata, these things only serve as an excuse to maintain the status quo, and save the Horde from being stomped in retaliation for their aggression.
    Yeah, there's some advanced "what do you want it to be right now" stuff going on with faction power/troops.
    The fact that horde, based in a FRIGGIN' DESERT was able to build a navy (in a world where ships are built from WOOD) able to blockade Kalimdor for Tides of War and that they managed to have someone able to control krakens out of nowhere...
    Or how fast they were able to get back to pretty much even with the Alliance after SoO...
    Or how conveniently Vindicaar was forgotten when it could've been used to nuke Ruins of Lordaeron from the orbit just as the battle started - and end the war right there...

These shenanigans are one of the main reasons why faction war stories turn into total nonsense often at the moment they begin and why I'd prefer to see a time jump and the faction dissolved - because that's what would realistically happen with the founding of Class Orders.
    Last edited by Mahmeya; 2019-10-11 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post
    Yeah, there's some advanced "what do you want it to be right now" stuff going on with faction power/troops. The fact that horde, based in a FRIGGIN' DESERT was able to build a navy able to blockade Kalimdor for Tides of War...
    Or how fast they were able to get back to pretty much even with the Alliance after SoO...
    Or how conveniently Vindicaar was forgotten when it could've been used to nuke Ruins of Lordaeron from the orbit just as the battle started - and end the war right there...

These shenanigans are one of the main reasons why faction war stories turn into total nonsense often at the moment they begin and why I'd prefer to see a time jump and the faction dissolved - because that's what would realistically happen with the founding of Class Orders.
    The sad part is that with the reveal of Sylvanas' motivations, with the exception of the Vindicaar it wouldnt be difficult ot make the story make more sense.
    Simply show that Sylvanas outsmarted the Alliance not by playing 4D chess, but by making the Alliances battle plans useless as they are predicated on the belief that the enemy has a self-preservation instinct.

Sylvanas' plan as shown at the 8.2.5 cinematic was to create as much death as possible no matter which side it happened to. So simply show that Sylvanas evens the score with the Alliance by using extremely risky do or die strategies near constantly since her tropps do not matter.

The vindicaar is also really annoying since explaining it away wouldnt be that difficult either. Say it is out of power or that Lothraxion took it to hunt remaining cells of the burning legion across the galaxy.

The Alliance's battle plans are also reliant on such excellent tactics as storming Plague Central without any anti-plague equipment.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton