Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Because it is a matter of principle. Some people, me included can get really snobby about correct nomenclature and proper use of the scientific method.
    So you genuinely think there's a chance that someone associated with Blizzard took the Bolvar picture, made the pamphlet using the said picture and then posted it just to troll everyone with a false title? Keep in mind that it would've been impossible for anyone outside of Blizzard to get their hands on the product that did not exist on their website until yesterday. Also, just talking about the Bolvar pamphlet with the shirt thing here, not the logo pamphlet with Bastion/Kyrian.

Because it is a matter of principle. Some people, me included can get really snobby about correct nomenclature and proper use of the scientific method.
    That's beyond snobby leading into pretentiousness as a way of avoiding the confrontation that you might not be as intelligent as you put on by half.

Saying something that can't be proven but is true goes beyond pedantry into being flat out banal.

According to the scientific method, the flyer is real, but okay, my dude.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    So you genuinely think there's a chance that someone associated with Blizzard took the Bolvar picture, made the pamphlet using the said picture and then posted it just to troll everyone with a false title? Keep in mind that it would've been impossible for anyone outside of Blizzard to get their hands on the product that did not exist on their website until yesterday. Also, just talking about the Bolvar pamphlet with the shirt thing here, not the logo pamphlet with Bastion/Kyrian.
    You assume Blizzard is out there producing fake leaks just to obfuscate the truth.

For that to be true in this case Blizz would have needed to put as much work into marketing their fake as they would have the truth.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    But just...stop. You’re going to be wrong and have added post after post of semantics to the thread. I don’t need undeniable proof to see the writing on the wall.
    Where am i going ot be proven wrong exactly?

Because from what i see i am arguing the piece isnt proven, which is correct. I am not arguing that the piece is fake, i am arguing it could theoretically be.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

With how it was last time.. I doubt this is fake
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

lighten up, man

You're all getting jebaited

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    According to the scientific method, the flyer is real, but okay, my dude.
    That's not how it works... According to the scientific method it's a theory but it's not outright true.

Some people here are conflating Bolvar artwork with the Shadowlands banner, just because said artwork was in a store page with the name Shadowlands.The name hasn't been found on any trademark registry.

7+ Year Old Account
    The easiest is that the pamhplet is real, but what is written on it isnt. It is a mockup prototype that Blizzard discarded for potentially any number of reasons.

The point here though isnt for us to try to convince you it isnt real, we just don't want people coming here claiming it has been proven when that is not true.
    Tho the only main reason that the Shadowlands (Bastion, Kyrian) pamphlet is likely real is that it was leaked in the same small time period as 3 other blizzcon leaks that were confirmed rel and one of the leaks mentions the name on the logo as the expansion name. So it's highly likely to be a pamphlet for the blizzcon demo
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    That's beyond snobby leading into pretentiousness as a way of avoiding the confrontation that you might not be as intelligent as you put on by half.

Saying something that can't be proven but is true goes beyond pedantry into being flat out banal.
    Why is it wrong to say it isnt proven?

Nowhere have i argued that the pamphlet isnt real. My argument is that it isnt actually proven, it is just extremely likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Tho the only main reason that the Shadowlands (Bastion, Kyrian) pamphlet is likely real is that it was leaked in the same small time period as 3 other blizzcon leaks that were confirmed rel and one of the leaks mentions the name on the logo as the expansion name. So it's highly likely to be a pamphlet for the blizzcon demo
    I second that. I kind of hope it's true because the art is good, although I'm still hoping for a world revamp.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I should make some popcorn for opening ceremony, and pizza for sure.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Guys, guys. Don't worry about it, the real leak is "Awakenings". Surprise.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    That's not how it works... According to the scientific method it's a theory but it's not outright true.
    Its not 100% confirmed, but it is likely genuine based on the timing it was leaked and other stuff that was leaked in the same timeframe being real, as well as it containing something mentioned in other confirmed leaks (expansion name)
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Yes there is a chance, is it likely? Not at all, but that isnt what this is about. The picture isnt actually proven, just likely beyond reasonable doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    What really annoys me is that this discussion is basically the exact same as pre Mists of Pandaria.

"hurr what you cant make pandas into an entire expansion xD what would the zones be"
    Yeah, actually the Asian culture blended with WoW fantasy quite well. They also brought some of the basic Asian philosophies there into the lore. We had chinese buildings, huge tombs and catacombs, nomads-like yaungol's structures. We had the Wall that stood between Pandarens and Mantids, damn, it was witty.

Now, I am full-heartedly into the Greek stuff. They meddled with that a bit when it comes to Night Elves architecture, some of the Azsuna was inspired by greek islands IIRC, but the mythology - boy, oh boy. I can only imagine how many great things they can weave into the story and art. The music of harps, good Lord. All these myths, legends, heroes being represented in WoW's new characters. That would be huge, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Yes.
    Greek.

Incredibly good looking gods.
    Very interesting mythology.
    life-like white marble statues (fun fact: they were actually painted)
    Gyros.
    Lots of water.
    Don't play with my heart. I would be SO onboard with this.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    I should make some popcorn for opening ceremony, and pizza for sure.
    Itallian Sausage for me. Though that's after the opening ceremony.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    You assume Blizzard is out there producing fake leaks just to obfuscate the truth.

For that to be true in this case Blizz would have needed to put as much work into marketing their fake as they would have the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    With how it was last time.. I doubt this is fake
    Oh, I have no doubts about it being real, I'm just trying to make sense of what the person I replied to is saying because what they've been saying for the last hour is making absolutely 0 sense to anyone here.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes there is a chance, is it likely? Not at all, but that isnt what this is about. The picture isnt actually proven, just likely beyond reasonable doubt.
    Fair enough, I feel like the argument isn't getting us anywhere so I don't think there's much point in me commenting any further on it. In the end what matters is that we're both ready to serve The Bolvar on Friday, whatever the title may be.