Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You forgot the most important part. It's the tagline from The Purge: Election Year...
    Might want to resize that pic before you get tapped. You know how some people are always looking for excuses.

I knew that stupid slogan sounded familiar. As if I needed more reasons to loathe Trump supporters.

Even though it's not really that much bigger than other images in the thread, I'll do this for ya.
    Oh it doesn't bother me personally at all; I don't read these forums on a phone. But I've seen other people get infracted for smaller images than that in this subforum and You Know Who loves to pounce on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    /snip
    Want to know the best part about him complaining about the fires? They aren't forest fires and they weren't started naturally. Aside from the buildings that are burning, it's the grassy hills, that regrow each year. And they were started by people, accidentally and intentionally.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Want to know the best part about him complaining about the fires? They aren't forest fires and they weren't started naturally. Aside from the buildings that are burning, it's the grassy hills, that regrow each year. And they were started by people, accidentally and intentionally.
    And the fact that 45% of the State (mostly the empty parts that aren't farms or filled with people) are Federal lands. Run by the Federal Government.
    - Lars

10+ Year Old Account
    BAHAHAHAHAHA
    Just a reminder: Trump's rabid fanbase are pretending. They saw, and more importantly heard, the same thing we did.

"Gaslighting" originated by someone turning the lights dimmer and dimmer. There is no better term for the audience of those tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Wait, are you telling me that they people outside the United States know about ladders and saws?

H-O-L-Y S-H-I-T

This changes everything.
    That's the most embarrassing part of the whole story. The 10 billion dollar wall was breached by a 50 dollar cordless saw with 10 dollar tungsten steel carbide hardened blade.

Not a fancy armored vehicle. Not a rocket launcher. Not explosives. Simply a plain Home Depot bought tool that came out to be less than 100 dollars with tax. They need to ban cordless reciprocating saw.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You forgot the most important part. It's the tagline from The Purge: Election Year...

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRPvnccue5wQAmIqgOVfpYJUSG9AJ-J01dKl3YKeq4a_YCCyrEf
    Worth noting that "Make America Great Again" also appeared in 2013's Metal Gear Rising Revengeance. Nothing Trump has is even kind of original. Probably a coincidence, but still hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    Worth noting that "Make America Great Again" also appeared in 2013's Metal Gear Rising Revengeance. Nothing Trump has is even kind of original. Probably a coincidence, but still hilarious.
    While Raiden's response is the most appropriate, the phrase has been around in political slogans since at least the 80s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    Well, he straight up admitted to stealing the slogan from Ronald Reagan.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    While Raiden's response is the most appropriate, the phrase has been around in political slogans since at least the 80s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Well, he straight up admitted to stealing the slogan from Ronald Reagan.
    Well, never mind then. I am well rebuked and more informed than I was earlier. I call that a win. Thanks gents.
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Virginia has the best Unemployment and Economic numbers in the history of the State. If the Democrats get in, those numbers will go rapidly in the other direction. On Tuesday, Vote Republican!
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...997744640?s=19

Nice of Trump to endorse the Democratic leadership of Virginia.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...997744640?s=19

Nice of Trump to endorse the Democratic leadership of Virginia.
    Both Senators, 7 of 11 Representatives, Governor and Lieutenant governor--all Democrats. Good fucking grief he just doesn't do ANY thinking. I'm amazed his addled brain still remembers to send oxygen through his limbs.

Short of just wanting to attack people, he does know that he's in charge of the entire country, right?

And yes, I look forward to Democrats foxing America after he's gone.
    Yeah, Adam, come manage our forests. That will totally stop the grassland fires!

Or something? I don't know, it's hard to understand what Trump is saying.

I think Trump honestly believes it's justified to fuck over any area that didn't vote for him. Even if you had the opinion that it's okay to screw over voters in the opposite party, there's still millions of republicans living in California.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I think Trump honestly believes it's justified to fuck over any area that didn't vote for him. Even if you had the opinion that it's okay to screw over voters in the opposite party, there's still millions of republicans living in California.
    Having a president who is actively against an entire state and is working against and threatening it seems like grounds for impeachment to me. Seems like a violation of his oath of office.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Having a president who is actively against an entire state and is working against and threatening it seems like grounds for impeachment to me. Seems like a violation of his oath of office.
    One would assume this to be the case. Unfortunately we're in a world where Trump and the GOP find everyone that is against them as domestic threat, and should suffer for it.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a violation of his oath of office.
    Which seems like a daily occurrence.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Thankfully California has time and time again stared him down and spit in his face whenever he's tried to pull any nonsense with them.

Trump can't strongarm or quid-pro-quo California; he has nothing they want or need. So he resorts to trying to debase them in any way he can.

That kind of thing bubbles up in threads around here, with the usual suspect posters picking up some off event that occurred in California and conflating it to how "terrible a state run by liberals is"

Highest GDP of any state; almost twice that of Texas, the next leading state. And that just enrages Trumpkins.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Trump still believes that little thing that was released was the transcript. So, it would likely just be that.
    No he doesn't. He's an unrepentant liar. Why pretend he doesn't know he's lying?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Thankfully California has time and time again stared him down and spit in his face whenever he's tried to pull any nonsense with them.

Trump can't strongarm or quid-pro-quo California; he has nothing they want or need. So he resorts to trying to debase them in any way he can.

That kind of thing bubbles up in threads around here, with the usual suspect posters picking up some off event that occurred in California and conflating it to how "terrible a state run by liberals is"

Highest GDP of any state; almost twice that of Texas, the next leading state. And that just enrages Trumpkins.
    Not only that, but all those businesses that left California for Texas... did not seem to harm California - others just rose to replace them. And the California businesses that moved to Texas are part of the reason that Texas is becoming purplish.

If Texas could JUST GET ANOTHER SET OF BUSINESSES TO MIGRATE FROM CALIFORNIA TO TEXAS. California would not be hurt, and Texas would be much improved as it went past purple to flat out blue.