Page 35 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    From Blizzard:
    World of Warcraft Classic drove the biggest quarterly increase to subscription plans in franchise history, in both the West and East
    It's sad that they lost most of those players already despite both BWL and 8.3 coming out

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    It's sad that they lost most of those players already despite both BWL and 8.3 coming out
    How do you know that?
    Classic more than doubled BfA subs on January 1st.

That is all we know. Wrong?

How do you know that?
    Classic more than doubled BfA subs on January 1st.

That is all we know. Wrong?
    Here you go

For those that don't want to read, subs are down 64% since the Classic influx of players.

Well most of the difficulty in Classic was artificial:

- Bugs and Unstable servers did their part
    - Long-winded attunement quests
    - Many fights requiring resistance gear, while you still needed necessary hit rate
    - Needing 40 players to raid
    - New game - basically these days everyone has "figured the game out", but back then there was a big leap to raiding (and there wasn't really content back then that taught people to adjust to "Mechanics"

Here you go

For those that don't want to read, subs are down 64% since the Classic influx of players.
    And?

January 1st it more than doubled BfA subs. This is a fact supported by Blizzard.

This means at some point in time it tripled or quadrupled? (august)

Again...i ask you if im wrong...because this is just how i read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post

That's why the Activision Blizz stock is falling right now since these reports and already dropped ~20% already again after the Classic release boom. If you players don't see it, the stock market does.
    Your post was fine until you made yourself look like an idiot with this part. Since you are so clueless I'm not sure if its worth explaining but..

...the stock of act-blizz has fallen at the ~same ratio at stock markets in general. Also, I can assure you that investors did not even expect Classic to have millions of subscribes for several months. And even if vanilla had 1mil subs for a year, that would be 2 % of act-blizzards revenue (2018).

Don't post shit if you have no idea how stockmarkets work. I agree though that Classic numbers are low, but its too small franchise from investors point of view to make a difference and do its weak proof.
    Last edited by facefist; 2020-03-11 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    I agree though that Classic numbers are low, but its too small franchisei to make a difference.
    How can Classic numbers be low (and be a small franchise) when it more than doubled BfA subs in January...and at some point in time tripled them (if Super Data is correct)

Are you telling me BfA had 100k subs like @Poopsnacker is suggesting ?
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-03-11 at 01:52 PM.

Yes, I know they have fallen everywhere, and I knnow there is more than WoW for the stock market there, but the stocks are goign down since Forbes and Bloomberg etc. made clear about the impact of especially Modern Warfare and Classic. I don't pretend to completely understand everything about it, but I just say what these stuff is reporting and you can google it easily.
    Lets say BfA had 1 million subs (the lowest realistic number we can find, the lowest of the lowest)

We know in January first it had more than double the BfA subs (2 million and plus some change)

You are suggesting from January 1st to March 10 it lost more than 80% of its entire playerbase.
    Doesnt seem realistic at all.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-03-11 at 02:33 PM.

It DOUBLED the subs, not it had double the amount of players!
    Incorrect

Blizzard specified it doubled the "active player community" ("players with monthly or longer-term subscriptions")

Check it yourself:
    https://investor.activision.com/stat...3-7f5aec4ea3ea

Go search for the little (3)

How can Classic numbers be low (and be a small franchise) when it more than doubled BfA subs in January...and at some point in time tripled them (if Super Data is correct)

Are you telling me BfA had 100k subs like @Poopsnacker is suggesting ?
    Too small in the sense to make a significant difference to Activison-Blizzards revenue.

Also, newest report from Super Data says that Blizzard Lost majority of the subs they picked up with Classic. There is absolutely zero proof that that Classic has doubled the subs of BFA so its all speculation (except around the launch the rise on subs is easy to see}
    Last edited by facefist; 2020-03-11 at 02:54 PM.

Incorrect

Blizzard specified it doubled the "active player community" ("players with monthly or longer-term subscriptions")

Check it yourself:
    https://investor.activision.com/stat...3-7f5aec4ea3ea

Go search for the little (3)
    World of Warcraft® exited 2019 with an active player community3 more than twice the size of its Q2-ending
    level.

where does it say classic ?

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    Too small in the sense to make a significant difference to Activison-Blizzards revenue.

Also, newest report from Super Data says that Blizzard Lost majority of the subs they picked up with Classic. There is absolutely zero proof that that Classic has doubled the subs of BFA so its all speculation (except around the launch the rise on subs is easy to see}
    You guys...

In the newest Quarter report Blizzard said:
    -World of Warcraft® exited 2019 with an active player community more than twice the size of its Q2-ending level

Do you want me to print screen it and show you in image form or something?

And it seems people here are now quoting super data.
    Let me clarify super data:

AUGUST (super data)
    "Subscription revenue jumped 223% in August when compared to July" (this means classic MORE THAN TRIPLED wow subs)

FEBRUARY (super data)
    "subs are down substantially (64%) from August 2019"

BUT

-64% is still more than DOUBLE the subs Blizzard had before Classic...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    World of Warcraft® exited 2019 with an active player community3 more than twice the size of its Q2-ending
    level.

where does it say classic ?
    Here we go...yeah man, it wasnt classic....it was magic.

So basically you base your whole proof on the theory of it being only from classic? with no proof for it?

You guys...

-World of Warcraft® exited 2019 with an active player community more than twice the size of its Q2-ending level

AUGUST (super data)
    "Subscription revenue jumped 223% in August when compared to July" (this means classic MORE THAN TRIPLED wow subs)

FEBRUARY (super data)

BUT

- - - Updated - - -

Eh? But for argument sake, let’s say wow has 100 subs in July(easy number to work with), then Classic came out. So that is 100 + 223% = 323 new subs. That’s a lot of new subs!

But they have lost 64% of their subs now. So that is 323 - 64% is 116.28. Thats not double anymore, that’s not even a quarter over their original 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Eh? But for argument sake, let’s say wow has 100 subs in July(easy number to work with), then Classic came out. So that is 100 + 223% = 323 new subs. That’s a lot of new subs!

But they have lost 64% of their subs now. So that is 323 - 64% is 116.28. Thats not double anymore, that’s not even a quarter over their original 100.
    There is only one absolute truth and thats what Blizzard said. The double part in january 1st.
    Unless we think Blizzards is criminal and is lying.
    Those are the numbers we have (and the only numbers we will have for future reference, i bet)

The Super Data?
    I tried to combine the 2...and according to you they dont add up.

So we have a problem.

Either Blizzard or Super Data is lying...or we are just bad at math.

You guys...

AUGUST (super data)

FEBRUARY (super data)

BUT

- - - Updated - - -

+223% and then -64% is LESS than double not MORE than double. Thanks for digging up the numbers to prove yourself wrong (and moron) though. I dont think you quite understand how math works lol

Also, wow subs vary a lot depending on content patches etc. Not like its constant year around and the only changing factor is Classic subs. Its obvious that we can factor the initial +223% to be caused by vanilla, but thinking the only factor affecting subs atm is vanilla is just.. Dumb. With your logic most Classic players would be gone, if the whole -64% was allocated to Classic.
    Last edited by facefist; 2020-03-11 at 04:37 PM.

Classic has extremely little content if you're not a raider or a serious PvP:er, however I'm beginning to feel that the content it does have is way too easy. Raids are cleared the first reset by most guilds and then you're back to raid logging for farm raids that are almost as easy as LFR is in retail.
    It doesn't give you a sense of accomplishment and the character progression is extremely slow, with new gear upgrades coming at you about once a month.
    It's starting to feel like, what's the point if there's no challenge?
    Let me guess, you want them to make hard modes?

People like you ruin good things.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    So basically you base your whole proof on the theory of it being only from classic? with no proof for it?
    I already said everything i wanted to say, you take your conclusions.

This already derailed enough because, as always, someone tried to say Classic is a dead game with 100k subs and i took the bait.

I already said everything i wanted to say, you take your conclusions.

This already derailed enough because, as always, someone tried to say Classic is a dead game with 100k subs and i took the bait.
    That is why I love your posts, they are always the same:

1. You make a statement

2. People argue it

3. You make a custom proof which fits

4. People proof you wrong

5 you abandon the post and move to the next

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Excuse me? 1 month to clear Heroic? what? when I still played retail in Legion, people were selling Ahead of the Curve boosts on week 2. A guild must be REALLY shit if they need a month of progress to clear current HEROIC. Remember, current heroic is old-school Normal. Normal mode was ALWAYS cleared week-1 by any serious guild. When SOO was released in MOP, Mythic difficulty was released about 2 months later. SOO Heroic before the patch and SOO Mythic after the patch were IDENTICAL. Heroic became Mythic, Normal became Heroic, Flex became Normal, LFR stayed where it was.

You are telling me that in current retail, an average normal guild needs 1 month to progress through NORMAL MODE RAIDS? My god, how people have turned bad =/
    Oh dear god, the hypocrisy is absolutely astounding. Honestly, can you not see how absolutely insane your logic is? You say anyone who cant clear heroic in retail is absolutely terrible, but say that guilds cant clear BWL because its hard. This, lady and gentleman, is the hypocrisy of the classic fanbase in all its glory for everyone to see.

this is what you said on the same page : "Then how do you explain the fact that there are guilds wiping in BWL, today, 15 years after the raid has been released, with mechanics that we have seen on more than 20 bosses across expansions? "
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-03-11 at 08:25 PM.