Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Any chance of a new build this week ? I dunno if easter is a big deal etc
    It's a big deal for today, rest of the week should be pretty eventful. Torghast will likely be opened up for starters, definitely expecting a new build too.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    It's a big deal for today, rest of the week should be pretty eventful. Torghast will likely be opened up for starters, definitely expecting a new build too.
    Okay thanks baby parrot <3

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    Maw plate set looking sick af.

Is it just me or do Blizzard always go above and beyond with designing plate sets? While the Maw cloth set looks nice it lacks the detail that the plate set has.

I can't stop looking at this plate... it's gorgeous. I don't even main a class that wears plate anymore but god damn it makes me want to drop my monk for my pally.

As cynical as it is I bet the leather and mail are underwhelming as always. Blizzard really seem to struggle with mail and leather because they're probably too focused on making them look like leather/mail rather than going absolutely crazy on the design. Cloth is easy because they just slap a robe on like they've done with the Maw set.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I lurk in this thread most of the time but over the years I've always really appreciated hearing what you have to say the most out of everyone here. Thank you for the time and effort you put into everything you do!
    Last edited by Jamie081; 2020-04-13 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    You want Nosferatu rule 34?
    Don't you remember the rule? No exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think it's just easier to do plate. Plate is hard materials that can be shaped properly. Cloth is problematic because it needs to look soft and flowing. Often their cloth looks have hard, plate-looking parts. Leather in fantasy usually is well-fitted or straps and buckles; imo it's something they could do much better.

Mail though? What is mail really? Chainmail is rarely done; I've seen chainmail far more often in Plate looks (the beautiful black chain shirt in the Stormwind Warfront armor) or scale mail. There are several decent scale mail looks that focus on the scales but many mail looks are directionless with far too many plate parts. There is often elements of hide.
    Both cloth and plate can be designed to look "standard", which is what the devs said they wanted the raid sets to look like. Just making a set that looks like it could come from there. And especially for plate it works because while Paladin and Death Knight don't have much overlap in gear deisgned specifically for them, both could easily fit into a standard set. Or perhaps more specifically, if you imagine the most bog standard plate set imaginable, it would fit all the plate wearing classes, same for cloth.
    With leather it almost works like that, though while Rogue and DH are close enough in theme, Druid and Monk pull it far enough apart that just creating a generic "leather" set doesnt really work, not to mention the fact that there isnt really usch a thing as a standard fantasy leather outfit you could make without falling back on trenchcoats and otehr things outside the limitations of the WoW designers.
    Mail however is probably the most egregious. Not only are Hunters and Shamans only tangentially similar in theme, even discounting the fact that one tends ot want tunics and one tends to want robes. Not only is there no standard fantasy mail to pull from seeing as it is outside the usual trifecta anyways. But on top of that Hunters tend to want lots of animal hides, bandoliers, cloaks and various other ranger stuff, while Shamans want ornate shoulders, vivid colors and generally looking ostentatious. Which leads to a middle ground that looks terible for both.

One day i have a hope that transmog restrictions are completely lifted. It is clear that Blizzarrd has no idea how to create good mail transmog, so at least let me transmog the leather sets that honestly look more similar to what a hunter might wear.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Regarding the maw set, if it comes from a raid I wouldn't be surprised if this happens to be a PvP Elite set again for that season. Especially the black/red tints always are wasted on time exclusive PvP shit. The next likely option would be Mythic only set.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

It's silly how little we will get in terms of customization in exchange for a new class or new race. Even if they add more skin colours, it won't make up for it. Night Elf males still look shitty with those abominable proportions. I see no Shattered Hand option for Orcs.

It's pretty much all about adding dark skin options to every race possible. Black Belves, Black Dwarves, Black Gnomes, black this and that. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    One day i have a hope that transmog restrictions are completely lifted. It is clear that Blizzarrd has no idea how to create good mail transmog, so at least let me transmog the leather sets that honestly look more similar to what a hunter might wear.
    I think there is simply no justification to have (chain)mail as an armor type in the first place. Neither hunter nor shaman really benefit from it. Shamans would be way better off sharing some nature/elements themed sets with monks and druids. And generic leather armor with some hides is well within the range of rogues. Just merge the two pools and be done with it.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    It's silly how little we will get in terms of customization in exchange for a new class or new race. Even if they add more skin colours, it won't make up for it. Night Elf males still look shitty with those abominable proportions. I see no Shattered Hand option for Orcs.

It's pretty much all about adding dark skin options to every race possible. Black Belves, Black Dwarves, Black Gnomes, black this and that. Ridiculous.
    We don't know if what we were shown are the only options.

Btw isn't the Shattered Hand skin color already part of the Maghar Orc options?

Edit: NVM, just checked, no they don't.
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2020-04-13 at 01:43 PM.

Lightbulb

Shattered Hand is not a skin, it's a new model. So it's not happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Shattered Hand is not a skin, it's a new model. So it's not happening.
    I'm pretty sure he just mean the skin color with some cuts around their body, not the lack of hand, that can be solved with some transmog (there are some weapons that do take the hand)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    We don't know if what we were shown are the only options.

Btw isn't the Shattered Hand skin color already part of the Maghar Orc options?
    It is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It is.

*sexy orc pic*
    Yeah, but that's mostly Laughing Skull, i'm pretty sure he means the Pale skin color.

Note; i had to check cause i also assumed that they were a thing

It is.
    The spikes look terrible lol. I know they couldn't make it 3d, so they should just not bother at all. This looks like low quality tattoos.

Yeah, but that's mostly Laughing Skull, i'm pretty sure he means the Pale skin color.
    https://www.wow-freakz.com/img/scree...ead_465492.jpg

Note; i had to check cause i also assumed that they were a thing
    That full BDSM gear is custom NPC model so I doubt it'll become char customization (rather it should be transmog set). And even if they added paler skin color, it should go to the Mag'Har. Normal Orcs have only green tints for a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    That full BDSM gear is custom NPC model so I doubt it'll become char customization (rather it should be transmog set). And even if they added paler skin color, it should go to the Mag'Har. Normal Orcs have only green tints for a reason.
    Yeah, i was just talking about the skin, not the gear, and i also agree that it should go to the Mag'har Orcs and not the base orcs. (makes more sense)

Though is not like Mag'har Orcs are getting customization options anytime soon

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, i was just talking about the skin, not the gear, and i also agree that it should go to the Mag'har Orcs and not the base orcs.
    Why should normal orcs not have it? Let them be able to choose it IMO cause at the end of the day they are all still Orcs. I mean, the Mag'har orc really should of just been something to put on a mainline Orc but I digress.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Why should normal orcs not have it? Let them be able to choose it IMO cause at the end of the day they are all still Orcs.
    There is this thing called Fel that turned every orc that touched it into greenskins. Even those that didn't directly use or consume it were turned like Durotan and Draka only because they were around of those who did.

Playable orcs sans Mag'har are all these Feltouched orcs. One would think pale skin colors were among the easier to turn green.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    The spikes look terrible lol. I know they couldn't make it 3d, so they should just not bother at all. This looks like low quality tattoos.
    Limits of WoW character creation. It is either texture, or it shows on top of all worn gear like Zandalari and Kul Tiran Jewelry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Why should normal orcs not have it? Let them be able to choose it IMO cause at the end of the day they are all still Orcs. I mean, the Mag'har orc really should of just been something to put on a mainline Orc but I digress.
    Well... there's no indication that such clan is part of the base orc groups, and there's indication that the Shattered Hand did united with the Mag'har Orc, that's why i say it makes more sense.

Also... yeah you may be right that they should just have added the Mag'har Orc as part of the main Orc customization options, but its already too late for that. (They could have added the questline for Mag'har Orc but instead of adding the AR, just adding the customization option after you finish the questline to explain it all)

The black option looks amazing on 100% of those races, that's plenty enough for me. Along with the new hair colors etc.

Homophobia is so gay.