Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post

Because the economy will be doing so well in the fall, Biden's campaign released a statement about ending the keystone pipeline:

When asked for a comment, Joe Biden could not be found.
    What sort of arsehole thinks this is relevant to anything right now?

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...01&nlid=964328

Because the economy will be doing so well in the fall, Biden's campaign released a statement about ending the keystone pipeline:

Yes, because having that pipeline will make such a difference when oil demand is massively down and the source end of the pipeline is all but shutting down due to prices cycling above and below 0.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Yes, because having that pipeline will make such a difference when oil demand is massively down and the source end of the pipeline is all but shutting down due to prices cycling above and below 0.
    Keystone pipeline expansion is not happening right now because of a judge in Montana, which could be ended by then. I guess you seem to not notice prices go up every summer , just like it started last week. I don't mind paying $1.34 a gallon but i imagine by august it will be closer to $2. It was never going to bottom out. But I want America to be energy independent.

I guess I'm failing to make the connection here, can you make it for me? What's the connection between the Keystone pipeline and jobs?

https://money.cnn.com/2017/01/27/new...obs/index.html

Because it's not necessarily a great source of jobs, especially in the longrun.

- - - Updated - - -

But I want America to be energy independent.
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...baltimore.html

Take it up with Trump, he says we're "very energy independent" so you and he seem to disagree.

And we are ending decades of foreign energy reliance to unleash the blessings of American energy independence. We are really, if you look at what's going on in certain countries in the Middle East and you look at the straits and you see the ships and their being taken and their being, not too often by the way because, frankly, Iran is a much different country than it was two and a half years ago, but they were saying we don't see any American ships. There are no--number one, they wouldn't take them. They better not take them. And number two, we don't have too many there. We used to be flooded. We used to get everything there and now it's a whole different story. We are very energy independent.
    Because we're already a net-exporter on both natural gas - https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=39312

And oil - https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/...nd-exports.php

Which has been an ongoing trend.

So unless anything has changed in the past year or so, we should still largely be a net-exporter of energy sources as well as largely energy independent.

All without the Keystone XL pipeline, which will play a smaller and smaller role in our energy production and export needs as time goes on.

Go figure.

And are increasingly moving to self-sustaining renewables to decrease our reliance on even other potentially domestic sources like coal or nuclear power - https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=42655

10+ Year Old Account
    So then why are you on about a pipeline that sources oil from outside the USA?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Keystone pipeline expansion is not happening right now because of a judge in Montana, which could be ended by then. I guess you seem to not notice prices go up every summer , just like it started last week. I don't mind paying $1.34 a gallon but i imagine by august it will be closer to $2. It was never going to bottom out. But I want America to be energy independent.
    If you want America to be energy independent, then you should be against Keystone XL which is intended to transport Canadian crude oil to US Midwest market.

I'm always amused by Americans worrying about fuel prices. Right now, I'd have to pay $3.75 for a US gallon.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Ask any lawmaker and they'll tell you that to a person, every one of them seems to hate "call time" with donors that is required of them as part of their jobs.
    Incomplete answer. It's called playing with other people's money. Do you suppose Pelosi uses her own money to fund her campaigns? Because, you know, she actually could...

Contributors:
    https://www.opensecrets.org/members-...&cid=N00007360

Personal wealth:
    https://www.opensecrets.org/personal...7360&year=2018

Look, all I ask is that folks keep it real. Let's not act like those people over there in D.C. are angels in any way. If they wanted reform, we'd get it. So now you have to figure out why they claim to want to do that while not actually doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I'm always amused by Americans worrying about fuel prices. Right now, I'd have to pay $3.75 for a US gallon.
    The big deal is a lot of people in the US have an hour or more commute each way to work. We drive a lot further than most other countries in our own vehicles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Finedast View Post
    Horrifying to think whoever wins this election there will be a dribbling angry senile retard with access to nukes. Thanks America.
    Atleast Biden never raped any kids, which is why it surprises me that dems are not pushing the epstein connection at all.

- - - Updated - - -

So he is actually doing something that will help people, and I suppose that is too much for the GoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    The big deal is a lot of people in the US have an hour or more commute each way to work. We drive a lot further than most other countries in our own vehicles.
    Most of that is personal choice and those people are already making more than enough to afford $4/gal gas whil driving thier 17mpg SUVs. For most of those that isn't choice they are usually taking public transportation because they can't afford to have cars. Besides the average American only has an hour round trip commute to an from work.

- - - Updated - - -

The sweet irony of someone defending the KeystoneXL. Keep it up buddy.

I bet he doesn't know it's importing Canadian oil.

But in all seriousness, if you want energy independence, which your cheeto dick fuhrer says we already are, you should be fully supporting green energy. I but you have dozens of post and threads made about the benefits of and why werl should be supporting it right?

Stay in your fucking lane.

So? You still pay less than half and have a higher income (statistically, anyway).

Also, for the record, I commute an hour both ways, I just use mass transit.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    So? You still pay less than half and have a higher income (statistically, anyway).

Also, for the record, I commute an hour both ways, I just use mass transit.
    This is getting off topic of the thread, but a lot of places in the US, there is no mass transit available. And how much would it cost you in gas prices if you had to drive all that yourself? Gas prices have hit $3 per gallon and higher in some places in the US. California to name one.

Meanwhile back on topic, Trump's overall approval is higher now than Obama's was this far into their respective reelection campaign year.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-05-19 at 12:23 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Meanwhile back on topic, Trump's overall approval is higher now than Obama's was this far into their respective reelection campaign year.
    Which if true, should be telling. Considering Obama didn’t have 90k dead under his watch. Trump can shoot 90k people in the middle of 5th ave and not lose a single vote. Think about that...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Which if true, should be telling. Considering Obama didn’t have 90k dead under his watch. Trump can shoot 90k people in the middle of 5th ave and not lose a single vote. Think about that...
    It's not -
    Trump has never been as popular as Obama was. His approval and net approval rating has always been higher.

At this point in time Obama had a 48.9% approval compared to trumps 43.8% and a net of +2.4% compared to Trump's -8%.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...s/?cid=rrpromo

Literally the only president in the modern era with a worse net approval than Trump at this point in their presidency was George H.W. Bush and we saw how that turned out for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I dont think the death toll is going to have much of an effect on his numbers. Hospitals never got ovwr run. The vast majority of deaths have come from nursing homes. 90k out of 330 million people is a drop in the bucket and the hardest hit areas other than the nursing homes has been major cities of which he wasnt going to win anyway. A long as people can go back to work soon his numbers will continue to rise.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think the death toll is going to have much of an effect on his numbers. Hospitals never got ovwr run. The vast majority of deaths have come from nursing homes. 90k out of 330 million people is a drop in the bucket and the hardest hit areas other than the nursing homes has been major cities of which he wasnt going to win anyway. A long as people can go back to work soon his numbers will continue to rise.
    That’s my point...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    It's not -
    Trump has never been as popular as Obama was. His approval and net approval rating has always been higher.

At this point in time Obama had a 48.9% approval compared to trumps 43.8% and a net of +2.4% compared to Trump's -8%.

Literally the only president in the modern era with a worse net approval than Trump at this point in their presidency was George H.W. Bush and we saw how that turned out for him.
    Gallup has him at 49% for the start of May btw.

15+ Year Old Account
    Which itself is grounded in white flight, a conservative, racial response to desegregation. Suburbs and exurbs are heavily subsidized via fossil fuels itself. If you removed the subsidies in fossil fuels and its child by-products, commuters wouldn't have to travel as far, since the true cost of fossil fuel consumption would be exorbitantly higher than renewable energy and alternative modes of transport.

- - - Updated - - -

Gallup has him at 49% for the start of May btw.
    538 aggregates all polling, which is a more holistic view to approval, rather than relying on large margin of errors in single polling.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    This is getting off topic of the thread, but a lot of places in the US, there is no mass transit available. And how much would it cost you in gas prices if you had to drive all that yourself? Gas prices have hit $3 per gallon and higher in some places in the US. California to name one.

Actually no. Trump's approval rate right now is 43.9% and Obama's was 49%.

They're not even close.

Scroll down to the bottom and you can see how badly Trump stacks up against past presidents. Only ones he's close to are the ones who lost their re-election bid.