Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Surprised nobody mentioned how Garrosh was allowed to randomly excavate in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, literally the center and the most protected place of the Pandaren culture. Even more randomly, he also found Y'Shaarj's heart too.

Retcon after retcon the writers retcon their own lore all the time they have no clue what to do with it.
    Do you hear the voices too?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WingsofLiberty View Post
    Surprised nobody mentioned how Garrosh was allowed to randomly excavate in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, literally the center and the most protected place of the Pandaren culture. Even more randomly, he also found Y'Shaarj's heart too.
    Much like when Sylvanas was ambushed in Stormheim when Genn didn't have a clue as to what was she doing there, only for her to be left alone when everyone (in the Alliance, at least) DID know what was going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I'd vote for most of WoD, over-arching story wise. But looking at it as a whole thing at the end, it was a waste of time. It came off to me as,

1. "We can't/aren't good enough to write interesting NEW characters, so lets go back in time and let them play with their old favorites!"

2. "What about time travel and changing the past/messing up the future?"

1. "Hmmm, we COULD use that to explore a changed world in the next expac, but you know, everyone wants more Demons. Maybe along with the past it is ALSO a different timeline so nothing that happens will actually matter?"

2. "Brilliant"

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Kael'thas' story in TBC. My favourite W3 character turned into.. this...

TBC will forever be worst expansion for me. Such horrible lore decisions.
    Well, idk if THE worst xpac, but yes, BC is easily in the bottom three expansions when it comes to lore, along with WoD and BfA.

All of the TFT human (actually blood elf, but anyway) campaign were wasted in BC because... reasons. It didn't only ruin Illidan, Kael and Vashj, but also killed the "edgy" side of blood elves, which played such a big role in luring them into joining the Horde. And despite featuring seemingly everywhere, the Draenei had practically no development whatsoever - their most memorable "appearance" was the Path of Glory, go figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    The title of Warchief going to someone who isn't an orc.

The Horde's leadership has been a shitshow after Garrosh.
    From*

10char

15+ Year Old Account
    A big one for me is the way they handled time travel in WoD. They had so much potential to tell cool time travel stories, and had been doing so via the Caverns of Time for years, but rather than making a story about time travel they used it as a plot device to get to a different place and IMO pretty much soured everyone on the concept altogether.

There are a ton of possibilities that could have spun off from that which are probably all off the table now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Yeah, the wound was fatal, but after what happened in 8.3 azeroth is in full recovery.
    What? But we used the power to blast Nzoth, not to heal Azeroth

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Unknown for now, they've only said it will be a plot point. A lot of the unresolved issues from BfA are also going to be plot points in Shadowlands, such as the fallout from Teldrassil and Tyrande's stint as the Night Warrior, etc. etc.
    Actually they stated the fallout from Teldrassil will not be part of Shadowlands, only Tyrandes storyline will be. Which is a dealbreaker for mr unfortunately.

*Sylvanas is killed and raised by Arthas*
    (makes "life" goal to kill the man who killed and raised her.)

*Sira and Delayrin are killed and raised by Sylvanas*
    OMG <3 SYLVANAS!! YOU'RE THE BEST WE LOVE YOU FOR KILLING US AND WILL FOLLOW YOU UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

That made NO sense, and it still ticks me off SO much.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    What? But we used the power to blast Nzoth, not to heal Azeroth
    My bad, I was thinking about 8.2

In 8.2 the chamber is repaired and it is mentioned azeroth is no longer bleeding Azerite.
    In 8.3 we do blast N'zoth with the energy fed into the chamber.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chasavaqe View Post
    *Sylvanas is killed and raised by Arthas*
    (makes "life" goal to kill the man who killed and raised her.)

*Sira and Delayrin are killed and raised by Sylvanas*
    OMG <3 SYLVANAS!! YOU'RE THE BEST WE LOVE YOU FOR KILLING US AND WILL FOLLOW YOU UNCONDITIONALLY!!!

That made NO sense, and it still ticks me off SO much.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Sylvanas brainwashed other people too? Like she was planning to brainwash that Proudmoore fella.

Trying to fit pandaren into lore, I didn't have anything against pandaren themselves, but the way it was done was so cringy and forced.

The Wandering Isle was great, mainland pandaria was retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Actually they stated the fallout from Teldrassil will not be part of Shadowlands, only Tyrandes storyline will be. Which is a dealbreaker for mr unfortunately.
    The developers have said we'll be meeting many of the dead of Teldrassil in the Maw, where they were unfortunately consigned due to the Jailer and Sylvanas' machinations - that was the "fallout" I was referring to. Presumably Teldrassil's fate is also intimately tied to Tyrande's story in Ardenweald, as well. Teldrassil isn't itself going to be restored in Shadowlands or anything, at least not insofar as we know, but it does inform the story of both Ardenweald and the Maw.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

That time Varian was split into a Varian who acts like an orc and a Varian who's a pussy and the two had to fuse to beat Onyxia.

Maybe Medivh and Garona's half-human quarter-orc quarter-draenei shaman paladin mage spawn fighting C'thun.

Or possibly that time the Sunwell manifested as a human farmgirl who a dragon wanted to bang.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    That time Varian was split into a Varian who acts like an orc and a Varian who's a pussy and the two had to fuse to beat Onyxia.
    Bill Shatner did it first and better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

My bad, I was thinking about 8.2

In 8.2 the chamber is repaired and it is mentioned azeroth is no longer bleeding Azerite.
    In 8.3 we do blast N'zoth with the energy fed into the chamber.

- - - Updated - - -

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Sylvanas brainwashed other people too? Like she was planning to brainwash that Proudmoore fella.
    She was planning to brainwash Derek and turn him into a weapon against the Proudmoores, but she didn't brainwash the fallen kaldorei. They willingly chose to follow Sylvanas because they felt forsaken by Elune. Sira mentioned in 8.1 that she would tell you the reasons for her new allegiance.... spoilers: that went nowhere.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    No amount of pills will be enough now that you've opened my eyes to this being a recycled Star Trek plot.

@Varodoc

If it's any comfort, the new book will give her screentime and she might tell her motivation. But I have this very slight suspicion that her motivation will be stupid. Don't spoil it though.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    She was planning to brainwash Derek and turn him into a weapon against the Proudmoores, but she didn't brainwash the fallen kaldorei. They willingly chose to follow Sylvanas because they felt forsaken by Elune. Sira mentioned in 8.1 that she would tell you the reasons for her new allegiance.... spoilers: that went nowhere.
    There was a question about this on Ask CDev

Free will is one of the cornerstones of Forsaken culture, with the great capacity for both good and evil that it entails. However, some undead, especially those who die in combat or under extreme stress and are raised soon after, enter into a violent, frenzied state. Undead in this state are easily manipulated and their rage is often directed at the foes of those who raised them. After the effects wear off, if the risen corpse has not been destroyed, they are given the same ultimatum that other Forsaken are offered: join the Dark Lady or return to the grave.

There was a question about this on Ask CDev
    I've pushed that explanation myself and it checks out elsewhere, but not in an instance where seconds after Sira dies complaining about Elune not being there for her the Avatar of Elune's Vengeance shows up and changes the weather and fights for her. Or if her boss didn't ask her to come back to society. Or if the majority of the undead night elves weren't a-okay accepting the guidance of an undead human princess tied to a foreign religion that lives a continent away.

Now, you can say that Sira was actually a petty bitch who hated Maiev all along for her over-focus on Illidan, hated Tyrande for that time she killed the Wardens to bust Illidan out and this coupled with the moments of her death where she glimpsed the Maw and was denied being saved by Elune broke her spirit, but all of this is something I just made up, not in the material.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably WoD.

Time travel shouldn't be a thing beyond where you just observe like stratholme purge or thrall's escape. When you make an entire expansion around time travel it becomes very stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I've pushed that explanation myself and it checks out elsewhere, but not in an instance where seconds after Sira dies complaining about Elune not being there for her the Avatar of Elune's Vengeance shows up and changes the weather and fights for her. Or if her boss didn't ask her to come back to society. Or if the majority of the undead night elves weren't a-okay accepting the guidance of an undead human princess tied to a foreign religion that lives a continent away.

Now, you can say that Sira was actually a petty bitch who hated Maiev all along for her over-focus on Illidan, hated Tyrande for that time she killed the Wardens to bust Illidan out and this coupled with the moments of her death where she glimpsed the Maw and was denied being saved by Elune broke her spirit, but all of this is something I just made up, not in the material.
    Now that you mentioned the Maw, I wonder if Sylvanas whoring herself to the Jailer had anything to do with what dying people see as they are entering the Maw.
    While not written anywhere, I wouldn't count out the possibility of the Jailer being part of the brainwashing of the "more powerful" characters.