Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    This sends the message "he is guilty" and Blizzard knows this full well...but guess what...they dont give a flying F about him
    This is proof companies dont care about you...and only care about what you bring for the company
    Did you saw how fast swift was thrown under the bus by blizzard.
    Yes,
    Faster than a global cooldown.
    I don't mean this towards you - but "duh"? Companies only ever care about what's best for their image. There's no point in holding out catching flak where the potential for damage is greater than the potential for "sticking with someone". Hell, why do you think Nike and the like shove all this BLM shit down the throat? It appeals to their demographic. It's nothing but good PR for them. A few people who disagree with it burning their apparel is way less than the silent majority who will give them $200 for a pair of damn shoes.
    Last edited by alturic; 2020-06-26 at 02:16 PM.

as summit1G said it: innocent until proven guilty.. unless its the internet where things go backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I don't mean this towards you - but "duh"? Companies only ever care about what's best for their image. There's no point in holding out catching flak where the potential for damage is greater than the potential for "sticking with someone".
    Do you think Blizzards image would be hurt...at all...by Swifty's NPC and Achievement being ingame for at least a month?
    Does anyone know how fast Blizzard took action?

Let me check...

LOL it was on the SAME DAY of the Takarita tweet!
    Within 24 hours

Taka tweet - day 22
    Swifty removed - day 22

https://wow.gamepedia.com/John_Swifty

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sr9oj0

Innocent until proven guilty
    Dude had nothing to say about the victim. He boasted himself narcissistically, talked of his accomplishments and fans but "debated" against writing a REBUTTAL to her claims.
    Not to mention he uses "to my knowledge" for the mention of sexual assault. How do you not know if you're sexually assaulting someone? Does he get wasted and become one of those people and can't remember what he did? These are are all valid questions that could lead to blizzards decision of negating him immediately.
    Last edited by Elise the Seeker; 2020-06-26 at 02:23 PM.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    The mob won't come after me because I'm not a piece of shit. So I'm not worried. It's not hard being a piece of shit.
    In these times all it would take is someone else saying your a piece of shit and your life could be ruined so yeah.
    Do you hear the voices too?

The "Incredible Warrior Tricks" guy, streamer and youtuber.
    What the hell is going on? His NPC and Achievement got removed...

Did Blizzard just insta throw him under the bus without knowing anything?

Because, to my knowledge, nobody knows anything still...

A video on the topic:
    (warning: is a Asmongold video, dont click if you dont want him on your youtube feed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLwXfukSI_Y
    Regardless of any truth in the matter, there's really no reason for a company to continue essentially endorsing someone with any sort of controversy. It's far more risky to be silent on the matter or essentially take his side by continuing to support him then to risk losing a few people that support him so much that they would quit a game they enjoy because of removing his NPC.

It doesn't mean they're necessarily saying he's guilty, it's just a decision based on an obvious unnecessary risk.

The mob won't come after me because I'm not a piece of shit. So I'm not worried. It's not hard being a piece of shit.
    You keep thinking that, ill just sit here as you get beaten up like the journalists and politions who had nothing to do with the thing they were being beat up for. You keep saying american well there a countries that exist outside those borders and mob justice has been used all troughout history with scary results. So if you think your safe just because you're on their side. As soon as you stop being usefull they'll come after you because you will be the biggest treat to them

Quote Originally Posted by Elise the Seeker View Post
    Dude had nothing to say about the victim. He boasted himself narcissistically, talked of his accomplishments and fans but "debated" against writing a REBUTTAL to her claims.
    Which is a smart move as he probably has a lawyer assigned to this. Anything you say in this case can be used against you. For his own sake, being a streamer for this long he already knows that.

Do you think Blizzards image would be hurt...at all...by Swifty's NPC and Achievement being ingame for at least a month?
    Does anyone know how fast Blizzard took action?

Let me check...

LOL it was on the SAME DAY of the Takarita tweet!
    Within 24 hours

Taka tweet - day 22
    Swifty removed - day 22

https://wow.gamepedia.com/John_Swifty
    Correct? It's easier to act immediately, than stand by someone until it's proven? The greater damage could come from standing by the person and the thing being true than taking immediate action and then saying 'After these allegations have been investigated and proven untrue we have decided to reverse our action', of course it would pass through legal and marketing first so it's worded impartially.

I did find this though, which is kinda funny.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1275998082237415425

Also seems to have ended on pretty good terms? https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ture=emb_title
    Last edited by alturic; 2020-06-26 at 02:26 PM.

I can already hear the Morgan Freeman voice over.

"But the mob did indeed come after him."

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    How about this crazy thought: we remain skeptical of all accusations regardless of which side the accusation comes from? It seems like people have completely lost the ability to recognize that life is shades of grey and you do not have to go 100% one way or the other. Ruining someone’s life with a false accusation is just as bad as ruining someone’s life with sexual assault. Both stories end in a life ruined. How is one worse than the other. Oh, that’s right, because woman.
    Removing his NPC doesn't ruin his life.

A new low for Blizzard, a new win for the cancel culture.

I can write a blog, that Blizzard game dev gave me sexual eye contact, and y'all would swallow it like theres no tomorrow.
    Last edited by Omgwhat; 2020-06-26 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    "Earned it" kinda implies that they have done something to do so. Which, you know, they didn't. Unless having a vagina means earning it, because that's all they did to make the world believe they are these infallible creatures who can do no wrong.
    I'd say the earned it by being treated as sub-human (I guess sub male human) for literally the entire history of humans in almost all cultures even up until this last century. I mean fuck, they literally just got the right to vote in the US 100 years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

They basically threw him under the bus instantly...
    The action of removing everything about swifty from the game is the same as saying "we think he is guilty"

And basically...its done...he is not coming back...even if proven innocent.

I hate companies...
    Wrong. It does not say they think he is guilty. It simply says they don't need to associate themselves with anyone having a conspiracy surrounding them.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Correct - financially impacting them does sting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Which is a smart move as he probably has a lawyer assigned to this. Anything you say in this case can be used against you. For his own sake, being a streamer for this long he already knows that.
    If so, you could look at what he said and wonder if theres a loophole then.

"As for the claims that I have in some way mistreated, manipulated or abused any person that I have had any sort of romantic relationship with: these are false. To my knowledge I have never reacted or behaved in that way, as that is completely contrary to my nature, my personality and my decision making process."

Like what?
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Quote Originally Posted by Omgwhat View Post
    A new low for Blizzard, a new win for the cancel culture.

I can write a blog, that Blizzard game dev gave me sexual eye contact, and y'all would sallow it like theres no tomorrow.
    I mean, yeah it's spineless of Blizzard, but again: corporations are not your friend. At best, they're fair-weather buddies. They'll throw you under the bus at the slightest bit of trouble, whether it's true trouble or not. It's all about the bottomline and it's just businesses being businesses, even if I find it cowardly.

You don't get the point. It is not that it was removed, but it is the fact that Blizzard 100% believes the so called 'victim' even though I might be a lie.

Wrong. It does not say they think he is guilty. It simply says they don't need to associate themselves with anyone having a conspiracy surrounding them.
    LoL, sure, because normal people think that way if only

He was thrown under the bus within 24hours of the accusations...
    This must be a record or something...

lol, it does say what they think? Otherwise they would stand by the person if they believed it was false.

After reading her twitlonger;
    I can’t see Swifty as the type of guy to pull the ole’ switcheroo. I think they were all drunk, had a 3-Some and now she regrets it, so she’s crying wolf. Mia Rose coming out in defense of Swifty strengthens this position.

Mia Rose tweet:

https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sr9nrh
    Last edited by muto; 2020-06-26 at 02:34 PM.