10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Pete Carroll was smart to emphasize drafting players that could be plugged in right away vs developmental players they usually pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    FedEx asks the Washington Redskins to change their name.

Not that I disagree, but um, right before the season? Aren't all the uniforms and merchandise made? Won't this cost a huge pile of money at a time the industry is expected to get less?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

Not that I disagree, but um, right before the season? Aren't all the uniforms and merchandise made? Won't this cost a huge pile of money at a time the industry is expected to get less?
    World's smallest violin for Dan Snyder.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    World's smallest violin for Dan Snyder.
    Well yes, him too. I was also worried about the NFL-licenses dealers all across the country but mostly local of course. I mean, with a pushed-back season, this is just vinegar on an already-salted wound.

FedEx is in what year 22 of a 27 year naming rights agreement? I don't think anyone has to care about FedEx at this point as far as money goes. I don't care about the team's name either, I get WHY people are pissed about it and have been for years but it is whatever as far as FedEx goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    FedEx is in what year 22 of a 27 year naming rights agreement?
    Until 2025.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    FedEx is in what year 22 of a 27 year naming rights agreement? I don't think anyone has to care about FedEx at this point as far as money goes. I don't care about the team's name either, I get WHY people are pissed about it and have been for years but it is whatever as far as FedEx goes.
    Nike has also pulled all Washington gear from their store. Its gonna create a snowball effect. Its probably too close to the season to change things up, but they can do what the Cleveland Indians did and do a tiered rebrand through several years.

Me personally of "indigenous" heritage, I don't really care lol.

Brandon McManus, who is Denver's union rep, said to expect 0 or 1 preseason games and there won't be 2. I wouldn't be surprised if the season ends up not lasting long anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Based on the stuff I have seen about wanting teams/schools to change their name, that is a common theme.

They should rename them the Washington Pickles and have lime green uniforms with orange trim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    What season?
    The 1 game season we will have before theres enough outrage due to tons of players having coronavirus to get the NFL to postpone it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Some people care, some don't; I care and hope they change it to something crappy to match their crappy franchise.
    /s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Washington has now said they'll review their name. Which is basically buying them a season to decide to change.

Though I'm not optimistic they actually change anything. Probably just rename to the Warriors and keep all the iconography.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Probably just rename to the Warriors and keep all the iconography.
    Warriors is already used in very prominent fashion by the Basketball team. There's no way.

I saw a fun suggestion on twitter: The Dulles Cowboys

(cause Dulles airport near Washington xD )

The warriors being used by Golden State doesn’t really matter. Snyder copyrighted Warriors allegedly for a possible Arena team in DC that hasn’t happened yet. From what I’ve heard from local people, Warriors is the leader right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    The funniest thing to me is FedEx field, the most notoriously shit, dangerous, career-ending field in the league, demanding anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    The warriors being used by Golden State doesn’t really matter. Snyder copyrighted Warriors allegedly for a possible Arena team in DC that hasn’t happened yet. From what I’ve heard from local people, Warriors is the leader right now.
    Yeah just browsing twitter it sounds like Warriors and Redtails are the two most likely outcomes. I just hope if they go Warriors they get rid of the Indian theme and base it on the US Military.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Yeah just browsing twitter it sounds like Warriors and Redtails are the two most likely outcomes. I just hope if they go Warriors they get rid of the Indian theme and base it on the US Military.
    I doubt it will be a complete revamp. I could see them going to the spear logo full time though.

These concepts would be a great option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington has now said they'll review their name.
    I know this is the wrong sport, but, so did Cleveland.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, offended or not, the term Redskin is viewed as a derogatory slur for Native Americans. I also know that Cleveland is considering the change from Indians, which while not nearly as derogatory is a point of contention because it is a misnomer and does have some racist connotations. So what about other teams with less obvious derogatory names; the Chiefs and the Braves come to top of mind. I'm a Chiefs fan, and while I don't view either Chiefs/Braves as derogatory in any way, some of each teams traditions could definitely tow that line. Both teams perform the Tomahawk Chop as a rallying cry, which again isn't overtly racist, it is towing that line.

Warriors would be the best fit imo. It sounds better when you say it. That and they can rip off the westworld logo.

Golden state has nothing to do with it. Otherwise we would see lawsuits between LSU and the Detroit Tigers.

In regards to Cleveland, I could see the hatred for the chief wahoo logo. While I dont know the intent, it definitely has the vibe of a "sambo" type character. While I live near a reservation and know many NAs, I do not recall any of them being offended by the term "indian". However, using a race as a mascot does seem odd.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .