7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerk View Post
    What a lot of people would do before expansion launches is save up a bunch of quests for a small boost at the start. You could usually get at least half a level before even starting the new content. As of this most recent build, it seems that every quest you could possibly save only gives a fraction of what Shadowlands quests reward.
    That old trick was still working to this day?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Even for a game this big, these two mindsets conflict in all aspects of it. Trying to cater to both will please nobody (as we see currently) and will only water down the experience. Just because a game is big does not mean it needs to cater to every type of player.

Games should have a vision - is the vision for WoW a competitive e-sport game or a magical world to explore with friends? It cannot be both, and the overlying vision should inform all faucets of gameplay. If people want to play a competitive game, then there are a whole host of other games out there for them to play.
    WoW has had competitive aspects for over a decade
    since launch youve had some form of "you can only have 1 person get this so you must compete for it"
    and today there is no interaction between high end and the median of players

Little Timmy might say "what class is better for raiding?" he can play whatever class he wants to because if you are asking that question then you arent effected

the problem isnt catering to both sides but catering to one side at the detriment of the other and the best example is the m+ gear change made at the beginning of bfa
    you had a situation where it was actually required (not required in the same way a majority of players use the term) to have multiple sets for higher level dungeons due to the way mechanics and scaling happened. This was at around a +18 where you stopped getting extra rewards beyond a +15.

The players pushing the higher keys just did it for fun and enjoyed things like building avoidance sets or defensive sets or cleave sets. The community at large however saw this happening so you hadd Timmy thinking since he was doing a +7 he had to have multiple sets. This meant that the community perception was "well we need multiple sets" and blizzard decided to intervene and lock your gear once you enter the dungeon.

They shit on the players that enjoyed it and some quit because at some point you need to have more defensive gear for certain specs. The players uneffected by it because it was not a requirement for them praised the change and insulted all who opposed their view.

This shows there are two sides of this game and they dont really interact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    no it was nerfed on either legion or bfa launch

10+ Year Old Account
    It has worked for every expansion, up to and including BfA.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    no it was nerfed on either legion or bfa launch
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerk View Post
    It has worked for every expansion, up to and including BfA.

Pretty sure they nerfed it some time ago.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's completely immersion breaking when I use an AoE which is depicted as a whirlwind around me and I don't attack most of the mobs.
    As for when people make big pulls? All the time in raids (both encounters and raid trash), many classes do it in the overworld and I assume people will want to use it on Torghast as well. I mean the game even added minion-class mobs a couple of expacs ago which are specifically meant to be AoEd down.
    But its not immersion breaking when 10 guys morph into a gelatinous form of arms and legs phasing into itself as they pile onto you?. If u were surrounded youd only have like 6 or 7 ppl at most around u, if they were really packed in., ypur whirlwind would hurt a few of them before the impact against several bodies covered in mail slowed your spin.

No u cant hurt 20 ppl with a sword swing its physically impossible, but we excuse it cus its just a game mechanic. The change makes it a different game mechanic. Both are unrealistic so dont try to bring realism into this
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

7+ Year Old Account
    Ye, don't bring immersion into this, because there are SO MANY inconsistencies like that in WoW in the name of the gameplay.

7+ Year Old Account

Nah, it has worked every expansion. Even used it during BFA server first race to 120.
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Me, on beta.

*Sniffs* Why must you flex Beta on my poor, unfortunate soul?

It was nerfed in legion

WoD bonus objectives got a huge nerf and after you hit 1 level into new content the old quests give like 1/5 of the experience

7+ Year Old Account
    It was nerfed in legion

WoD bonus objectives got a huge nerf and after you hit 1 level into new content the old quests give like 1/5 of the experience
    Quests still worked 100-101
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

It was nerfed in legion

You could still save up like 20 quests and go from 100 to 101 super quick. I did it on my boosted character

Every race to first max level for every expansion has included pre-questing. Its part of the strategy. Yes, after +1 level it should see diminishing returns on xp, but for the at level, it typically holds full xp. They weigh the pros and cons of being behind the "wall" of players doing early quests and getting a bump on XP. Example: WOD garrison or Mist planes.

Before the wipe, this was how it worked and quests gave full xp until 51, however I noticed that the quests in the intro and into SL saw the same DR which meant they had applied to all quests at +1 over level to be 1/11th or 1/12th xp rate. This would be game-breaking for anyone who didn't want to quest by levels. If you did a few dungeons with friends, you would then have to follow the mandatory linear quest chain to get to the appropriate zone to "catch up" at a 1/12th xp rate.

When they wiped the server most recently, it appears that they have made quests work appropriately in the intro and SL (not so aggressive DR), but its destroyed the xp of BFA quests that are technically tier 50. I am hopeful this will be adjusted again to allow that pre-questing strategy if someone wants to go that route since the story is mandatory and getting 60 just means you will have to quest through the last zones as a 60.

These "Anduin will turn into Arthas" theories remind me of early BfA, when people thought Anduin would turn into Arthas because he slammed the Lordaeron door the same way he did.

People don't want evil Anduin. People want Arthas. I'm sure Blizzard is aware of that. They know what their fanbase wants, at least from a story perspective.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    As it no longer mentions spiders but a generic beasts, dare I hope for the gyre worms? I've long wanted one for a pet.
    Yup. It was done to accommodate Gyreworms.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    These "Anduin will turn into Arthas" theories remind me of early BfA, when people thought Anduin would turn into Arthas because he slammed the Lordaeron door the same way he did.

People don't want evil Anduin. People want Arthas. I'm sure Blizzard is aware of that. They know what their fanbase wants, at least from a story perspective.
    How much fanbase should dictate how the story goes? That's the one thing they should not.

10+ Year Old Account
    How much fanbase should dictate how the story goes? That's the one thing they should not.
    Where it doesn't make sense or just to be edgy little shits on the internet(This case Anduin going super evil and Blue Horde blah blah blah)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

They have already done it in the past. There is a precedent. They turned Garrosh into a villain because a lot of Horde players did not accept him as warchief. They brought Illidan back even though he died a psycho because many players wanted to see him again.

I'm pretty sure Blizzard wants to bring Arthas back anyway, fans or not. They might say they want to leave his storyline alone, but in my opinion the current writers would cherish the opportunity to write their own character arc for Arthas. That's why there have been so many Arthas callbacks in BfA, and in Shadowlands we are literally going to the afterlife.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I don't think we are headed to a definite Anduin is Arthas point. But Anduin is definitely given a fair share of similar moments to Arthas, which leads us to believe that the writers do tend to consider opportunities where Anduin could become more like Arthas, if not in personality then in actions, at least superficially.

Take for instance the important moment in both their lives where they pick up a magical sword that in a way ends up defining their legacy afterwards. Arthas and his descent into evil for Frostmourne and Anduin and his ascent to true king with Shalamayne.
    Anduin slamming hte doors open is similarly a moment which reveals the writers intentions. Because when Arthas did it, it was to destroy a lively city for selfish reasons, but when Anduin does it, it is to reclaim that city from a megalomanical tyrant for mostly selfless reasons.

In the latest book we have also seen Anduin start to delve into Shadow, most likely because of the strain of being king. And then similarly to Arthas he is headed for a pivotal moment where he is made to choose whether to take the easy route or the route where he holds onto his morals.
    Obviously not in the same way as Arthas considering his current situation on the Beta, but still.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I don't think we are headed to a definite Anduin is Arthas point. But Anduin is definitely given a fair share of similar moments to Arthas, which leads us to believe that the writers do tend to consider opportunities where Anduin could become more like Arthas, if not in personality then in actions, at least superficially.

Take for instance the important moment in both their lives where they pick up a magical sword that in a way ends up defining their legacy afterwards. Arthas and his descent into evil for Frostmourne and Anduin and his ascent to true king with Shalamayne.
    Anduin slamming hte doors open is similarly a moment which reveals the writers intentions. Because when Arthas did it, it was to destroy a lively city for selfish reasons, but when Anduin does it, it is to reclaim that city from a megalomanical tyrant for mostly selfless reasons.

In the latest book we have also seen Anduin start to delve into Shadow, most likely because of the strain of being king. And then similarly to Arthas he is headed for a pivotal moment where he is made to choose whether to take the easy route or the route where he holds onto his morals.
    Obviously not in the same way as Arthas considering his current situation on the Beta, but still.
    Which is why I predict Anduin will meet Arthas in the Maw. Initially Anduin will be disgusted by Arthas, then the two will cooperate against Jailer/Sylvanas to find freedom, and in the end Anduin will start to understand Arthas or some shit like that.

Either way, Anduin is suspiciously MIA in the Maw, the place where Arthas' soul is... the writing is literally on the wall.

7+ Year Old Account
    They have already done it in the past. There is a precedent. They turned Garrosh into a villain because a lot of Horde players did not accept him as warchief. They brought Illidan back even though he died a psycho because many players wanted to see him again.

I'm pretty sure Blizzard wants to bring Arthas back anyway, fans or not. They might say they want to leave his storyline alone, but in my opinion the current writers would cherish the opportunity to write their own character arc for Arthas. That's why there have been so many Arthas callbacks in BfA, and in Shadowlands we are literally going to the afterlife.
    We don't know what was the reason for Garrosh being written like that in MoP (well, the obvious WoD tie-in). Majority of people being mad at him doesn't make much sense, considering the Thrall exhaustion and him showing his better side during Cata. Illidan was utterly wasted in BC and didn't finish his story, Blizz admitted that, and that they screwed up Black Temple release, having to make emergency Sunwell Plateau final raid. Athas story was fully done. Major char of W3, protagonist of 3 campaigns, had entire xpac devoted to him with satisfactory pay-off. That's why they shouldn't touch him, even if the environment suits it. Even when people want it. Give him small, somewhat imprtant role and it's all good.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-08-06 at 08:32 PM.