Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    For cultists obsessed with America First they sure as hell don't care our useless president doesn't care about Americans dying due to his incompliance.
    Because they're not really obsessed with "America First". It's just the cover they use to excuse not giving a damn about "others". They don't care that others are dying. They just care about being able to do what they want to do without restriction. Also, they think politics is a team sport and will excuse anything their side does so long as it's at the expense of the "others". There are some on the left guilty of this too, of course, but it's practically a requirement for Trump supporters.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-09-12 at 08:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    So apparently the Dems and the media think President Trump is a "god" that is controlling the China Virus.
    So your drive-by posts have graduated from Fox News talking points to Q talking points.

Awesome.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    They can't - pure QAnon conspiracy bullshit, copy/pasted from their talking points. That's all these people have, pure and utterly ridiculous distraction statements in some desperate hope that we'll forget that Trump is a national security threat to the country, who lied about the Coronavirus and hates the military.
    Speaking of which, did anyone else notice that one of the Qanon websites was shut down by the owner after they found out who it was?
    https://thehill.com/policy/technolog...ying-developer

Wonder if some of these owners could be liable for any type of crime for pushing shit like this that might have endangered peoples' lives?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad part is I know that and replied anyways because Trump's "cHiNa ViRuS" bullshit is still being brought up by other people in this thread even when we are about to crest over 200k dead Americans.

For cultists obsessed with America First, they sure as hell don't care our useless president doesn't care about Americans dying due to his incompetence.

You're right though, I don't know why I haven't placed that particular bot on ignore yet, corrected.
    Ah, that's mostly because the Americans dying are poor, or minorities, or both.
    To paraphrase one of the deplorables that said the quiet part loud, "He's finally hurting the right people", so of course they dont care, the cruelty is the point
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    It just so happens that not dropping bombs and not killing people everywhere in the world is my #1 priority.

"You have to take out their families"
    https://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...their-families

Trump's Drone strikes FAR exceed Obama's numbers
    https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/20...bama-s-numbers

Tell us another lie you Trump® jizz-drunk clown.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-09-13 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Trolling
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yep, it’s why I used neoliberal. It’s the bedrock of conservative liberal oxymoron. Roger & Me is in the government archives as a classic, but few seem to remember what it was about.

- - - Updated - - -

It’s tricky... subsidizing and the control can be exerted for the good of the republic, but it’s not constant. This is feeling a bit like solar panels from 2016:

Why China Is Dominating the Solar Industry
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...olar-industry/
    Why China is dominating the solar industry?

Because while the Chinese government was subsidizing their solar industry, the US government was subsidizing relics of the past – oil & gas & coal.

Do a search using “fossil fuel subsidies vs. green energy subsidies.” Even now, that the green energy sector employment is 10 times that of fossil fuel sector, the fossil fuel industry still receives 10 times the subsidies of green energy.

Fossil fuel supporters liked to talk about “Solindra” to the point that they sounded like a broken record. However, they failed to mention that between 2015 and the present, more than 250 oil patch Exploration & Production companies have filed for bankruptcies. With combines total debt of 172.7B (77.4B secured and 95.3B unsecured). That's only one sector. The oilfield services bankruptcy rate during the same period is almost as bad. Add the midstream sector on top of that. The amount of debt makes Solindra 535M debt default looks like chump change.

Haynes & Boone Energy Bankruptcy Reports and Surveys (08/21/2020)
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2020-09-13 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    NAFTA is the go to excuse conservaturds use as a strike on Clinton and globalization. Ignoring NAFTA was a Republican plan signed by Bush prior to Clinton and ignoring that the majority of those auto jobs lost were lost to automation and decisions to shift production overseas and to Mexico years prior. The aftermath was something already in the works and would have happened regardless of NAFTA.
    Interestingly enough, as a Rust Belter myself, most of the jobs we lost in upstate NY (and this applies to Western PA, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin) didn't go to Mexico or overseas....

...most of them were lost to automation, but....

...of the jobs we lost to lower human labor costs, a significant majority went not to Mexico or overseas, but to Southern states, with weak labor laws and anti-union sentiment.

It's not a coincidence that the strongest time for unions in this country (post-WW2), was the nostalgic time period conservatives love to yearn for, when a high school grad could be the single-earner in a family and they could own a house with the white picket fence and little to no debt. With labor and manufacturing migrating to non-union states (because that's where companies dumpster dived to), that's when the middle class took a nose dive - when Nixon and then Reagan took a hatchet to the unions. And that was the rise of two working parent, debt-ridden, one emergency away from financial bankruptcy middle class.

It makes me just insane that people can't see this fairly blatant, obvious economical pattern.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2020-09-13 at 02:46 AM.

Ugh..the Reagan-Bush years were the worst years for union workers...and the purchasing power of the dollar fairly tanked when compared to the prior decade. That timeframe was when I lost all faith with the GOP.
    Of course, in the interest of fairness, the Clinton years were an amazing education that made me lose faith in the democrats.

C'est la vie

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    "You have to take out their families"
    https://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...their-families

Trump's Drone strikes FAR exceed Obama's numbers
    https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/20...bama-s-numbers

Tell us another lie you Trump® jizz-drunk clown.
    Just ignore, report and move on. All they’re doing is trolling. It’s why they hit and run. Because there’s no actual truth to anything he or GP say.

Talk about low effort.

Trump isn't even trying anymore with his lies

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/11/polit...are/index.html

Trump lies that Biden would 'destroy' Obamacare's protections for pre-existing conditions

At a campaign rally in Freeland, Michigan, Trump claimed his opponent, Joe Biden, "will destroy your protections for pre-existing conditions." Trump went on to say that he would himself preserve these protections.

Facts First: This is not only false but a complete reversal of reality. The protections for people with pre-existing conditions were created by the very Obama administration in which Biden served as vice president -- as part of Obamacare, the 2010 law Biden has vowed to preserve and strengthen if elected President. Trump, conversely, has tried repeatedly to get bills passed that would have weakened these protections. He is now trying to get the entirety of Obamacare struck down by the courts.

Trump has made a vague promise to protect pre-existing conditions through some kind of executive order. He has not explained how this order would work. (He has also generally promised to unveil a health care plan that would replace Obamacare, but he has not done so; while he said it might be released by the end of August, it still hadn't arrived as of September 11.)
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Citation needed
    His ass. Just report it for being a conspiracy theory. Because that is all that it is.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible. - Donald J Trump, 11/08/13

Most of the issues in the US today are either Trump's fault or exacerbated by him.
    Well, he certainly is responsible for changing the mostly do nothing Republicans into actually doing something for a change.

The bad shit with the destruction of property, the attack on the police and the virus from China? Na. He has kept more of his campaign promises than any President during my life time. Which is longer than anyone on this forum, I feel confident is true.

- - - Updated - - -

So your drive-by posts have graduated from Fox News talking points to Q talking points.

Awesome.
    Some of us do not hang around here like it is that important. It really isn't.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Ugh..the Reagan-Bush years were the worst years for union workers...and the purchasing power of the dollar fairly tanked when compared to the prior decade. That timeframe was when I lost all faith with the GOP.
    Of course, in the interest of fairness, the Clinton years were an amazing education that made me lose faith in the democrats.

C'est la vie
    I agree with your basic points. But to be fair, the economy was pretty good under Clinton and the violent crime rate did drop during his term.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I agree with your basic points. But to be fair, the economy was pretty good under Clinton and the violent crime rate did drop during his term.
    While Trump’s record is such shit, you are pushing the idea of Biden as a far left puppet. That’s how full of shit Trump and his support are... if Trump fulfilled so many promises, why isn’t he running on his record? The Wall was more important than healthcare and we got neither?

Trump lied 200000 Americans died... you don’t care.

What of this basic point of his did you agree with?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Remind me what the GOP has actually done the last 4 years again.
    You can’t agree with his basic points, because they are he complete opposite of yours. Stop scamming people... you are worse than Trump at it...

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it’s important to post and then run, because it’s impossible to support your candidate, with bullshit like “Biden is a puppet of far left”... pathetic...

Remember when you fought for the the country and now you are voting for Trump, whose lies lead to 200000 dead Americans?
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-13 at 01:06 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, he certainly is responsible for changing the mostly do nothing Republicans into actually doing something for a change.

The bad shit with the destruction of property, the attack on the police and the virus from China? Na. He has kept more of his campaign promises than any President during my life time. Which is longer than anyone on this forum, I feel confident is true.

- - - Updated - - -

Destruction of property was caused by a small group of asshole rioters. The vast majority of BLM protesters have been peaceful. But then what do you expect when your community is constantly hurt by the police and no one listens for decades and decades, and when constant marches and calls to action fall on deaf ears? I'm not saying I support the rioters setting fires, but I can see where they're coming from. But again, they're a small minority. Yet it's a situation Trump has exacerbated by fanning the flames of hate and division, sending in federal troops and egging on right wing militias.

The attacks on the police? What of the attacks by the police? People want the police held accountable to their actions. It's the police who refuse to budge. Been how many months since the murder of Breonna Taylor and nothing's happened yet. We point out police brutality, they arrive in response to protest . . . and act with police brutality. And nothing changes. The police need to be reformed, that is what the left is demanding.

And yes, Trump is responsible for the coronavirus because he was negligent in his response. He could not have stopped it from entering the country, but he could have done A LOT more than wishful thinking (it'll be gone with the warmer weather) and bullshit medication (try the hydroxychloriquine, take it, what could go wrong?) We've gotten no national strategy for testing and tracing, we've gotten no advice on wearing masks (on the contrary, he made masks a political thing.) He's done nothing and as a result, instead of a few thousand dead, we're looking at a few hundred thousand dead.

Also, please list the campaign promises he's kept. I'm listening. Because last I checked, he hasn't even really gotten his wall (oh boy a whole five miles of it!)
    Putin khuliyo

Mitch must not exist in your reality.

He has kept more of his campaign promises than any President during my life time.
    Oh you poor sweet child, you wish that was true.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Oh you poor sweet child, you wish that was true.
    He knows it’s not... Look at his reply to someone challenging his assertion:

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Remind me what the GOP has actually done the last 4 years again.
    I agree with your basic points.
    Than goes on to praise Bill Clinton? I understand how this shit is permitted, since it’s not easy to tell... but, jeebus this has become blatant.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, please list the campaign promises he's kept. I'm listening. Because last I checked, he hasn't even really gotten his wall (oh boy a whole five miles of it!)
    He triggered the libs, to the point they puppeteer two of the most conservative Democrats when it comes to criminal justice. His last 3 years have been dedicated to show how shit the country would be under Biden, so now Trump can fix it. What was it I heard from GOP in 2004? Let him fix the mess he created? I think that’s a better talking point for Trump... it worked for Bush.

- - - Updated - - -

These floods, the wild fires and all these climate events, will not go away with the election. We also know that drilling in national parks and lowering polution standards, is not going to help. Even if you hate Biden, it’s not just for the US, but a man that you can at least believe is lying about his environment initiatives, is better than one who campaigns that it’s part of an attack by China.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

And yes, Trump is responsible for the coronavirus because he was negligent in his response. He could not have stopped it from entering the country, but he could have done A LOT more than wishful thinking (it'll be gone with the warmer weather) and bullshit medication (try the hydroxychloriquine, take it, what could go wrong?) We've gotten no national strategy for testing and tracing, we've gotten no advice on wearing masks (on the contrary, he made masks a political thing.) He's done nothing and as a result, instead of a few thousand dead, we're looking at a few hundred thousand dead.
    Very difficult to imagine Biden doing any better. Your major problem is a lack of national healthcare, you've got no infrastructure to do testing or whatever.

It is very easy to point things out Trump has done wrong, because that is almost everything he does. The problem is that Biden would have done almost everything else the same, perhaps with different window dressing.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Hows that wall? Did Mexico pay for it yet? Did he lock her up? What promised did he keep?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.