The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    He has done NOTHING to help this country, including you. Everything he has done, hurts everyone but the 1%. He is literally pissing on you, and telling you it is rain, and you believe him.
    He absolutely has helped me. I am a veteran and since the changes to the veteran care program, I have noticed and experienced a very much improvement at my local VA clinic. Also, my taxes are lower and so is my health insurance. You can speak for yourself, but not for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    This election isn't about policy or ideology as been parroted many times so not sure it's surprising that someone might not give a damn about either when they cast their vote.
    It is very much a election on policies and ideology.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    He absolutely has helped me. I am a veteran and since the changes to the veteran care program, I have noticed and experienced a very much improvement at my local VA clinic. Also, my taxes are lower and so is my health insurance. You can speak for yourself, but not for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you one of those that think that Trump signed the "Veteran's choice" program? Because that was Obama.

And there has been literally NOTHING that Trump has signed that would have reduced health insurance costs for anyone. And your taxes being lower, means nothing when it is only $20.

- - - Updated - - -

He is right that it's not about policies, because Trump and the RNC don't have any.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

And the no-advertising angle ain't gonna happen without serious campaign finance reform. No podcast or network is going to turn down the extremely lucrative debate ads when there's money to be made.
    A lot of the larger podcast and organized podcast networks don't play ads or couldn't care less about. Others are contractually obligated to play and ad or two but the ad is their choice.

On reason why everyone and their great great grandma has a podcasts is because your have more creative freedom at the wheel.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    On reason why everyone and their great great grandma has a podcasts is because your have more creative freedom at the wheel.
    It’s because there is nothing stopping them from having one. It has nothing to do with creative freedom. I’d say the vast majority of pod casters would taking that sweet MSM pay check, if they could.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Nah, a normal election, might be right, this one, I 100% disagree with you.
    So if people are voting their ideology, why Biden over someone who more closely aligns with their ideals? We established months ago no one really likes Biden or particularly picked him because of his policies. Wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It’s because there is nothing stopping them from having one.
    ...because they have more creative freedom.

10+ Year Old Account
    That’s irrelevant to why they have podcasts.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    That’s irrelevant to why they have podcasts.
    No its not. Podcasts give people a platform to speak what they want, creative freedom...

10+ Year Old Account
    No its not. Podcasts give people a platform to speak what they want, creative freedom...
    It’s a platform... the point isn’t the expression, but the audience.

10+ Year Old Account
    It’s a platform... the point isn’t the expression, but the audience.
    A platform where the creator is...free...to speak about what ever they choose to speak about.

Creative
    Freedom

Hit me with some more semantics.

A lot of the larger podcast and organized podcast networks don't play ads or couldn't care less about. Others are contractually obligated to play and ad or two but the ad is their choice.

They don't have ads proper, but they're sponsored, no? I mean, I don't listen to a TON of podcasts, but almost all the bigger ones I've ever heard are very much still getting financial backing and support. I can't remember the last podcast of any notable size that didn't have either an intro/outro sponsor shoutout or a sponsor message break in the middle. Hell, even NPR does that, even if it's to "advertise" their other podcasts.

I means shit, Joe Rogan made a $100M deal with Spotify to have all his podcasts exclusively hosted there earlier this year - https://www.wsj.com/articles/spotify...an-11589913814

And that kind of shit wouldn't unduly influence the podcast hosts?

So if people are voting their ideology, why Biden over someone who more closely aligns with their ideals? We established months ago no one really likes Biden or particularly picked him because of his policies. Wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

Here? right nobody picked Biden. But he did win the primary, so obviously this site isn't a good idea of the electorate. But idk how anyone can argue on the left all the way to center right that Biden isn't closer to their ideals than Trump. Trump is extreme right. Like if you go to vote and don't care, what do you care about than?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you one of those that think that Trump signed the "Veteran's choice" program? Because that was Obama.

And there has been literally NOTHING that Trump has signed that would have reduced health insurance costs for anyone. And your taxes being lower, means nothing when it is only $20.
    No, I am referring to this...https://www.military.com/daily-news/...igned-law.html

Trump consistently refers to the VA Mission Act as VA Choice -- the program established in 2014 by President Barack Obama to widen veterans' access to health care treatment from non-VA providers.

The legislation, the Veterans' Access to Care through Choice, Accountability, and Transparency Act, was created in response to a nationwide scandal over delays veterans encountered when making medical appointments -- for months and sometimes years -- and secret waiting lists kept by some VA facilities to hide the scope of the problem.

The VA Mission Act, signed by Trump in 2018, replaced the Veterans Choice Program and gave more veterans access to private health care paid for by the VA.

And you should read this too....https://www.cms.gov/newsroom/press-r...emiums-seniors

The Medicare Advantage average monthly plan premium is expected to decrease 14 percent to $23.00 (estimated) in 2020 from an average of $26.87 in 2019. Since 2017, the average monthly Medicare Advantage premium has decreased by an estimated 27.9 percent. This is the lowest that the average monthly premium for a Medicare Advantage plan has been since 2007.

And you can again speak for yourself on your own taxes and how much you have saved if any. Mine was more than $20 a month. Besides, even if it was, I will take the extra $240 a year over not having it.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-09-14 at 11:09 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

So if people are voting their ideology, why Biden over someone who more closely aligns with their ideals?
    Because that's who the voters chose during the primary. I doubt you'll find many, or anyone really, in this thread who had Biden as their first pick. Buttigieg, Warren, Sanders, Gabbard, Yang...hell, there were probably more Williamson supporters here than Biden supporters.

Biden benefits hugely from being VP and the name recognition that comes with it, but Biden also more closely resembles where the majority of Democrats/liberals are ideologically right now. Democrats have never been and will never be a far-left party, and even with Sanders strength and the rise of progressive Democrats in recent years it is still very firmly a center-left party.

Note: A great many of us wish this wasn't the case and that it was more progressive, and that we weren't reliant (nationally) on appeasing a bunch of centrists and racist social conservatives. But that's the reality, and if wishes were fishes then something whatever the fuck the saying is but we accept the reality and work within it to tiptoe towards those more progressive goals. As Sanders has been doing his whole career.

We established months ago no one really likes Biden or particularly picked him because of his policies. Wrong?
    In this forum, sure! Nationally, nope. Voters literally established that he was their first choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Nope still not getting it.

I certainly wouldn't hope it because you think he is Anti Semitic?

*I'll save everyone from even viewing the short clip* Since most never even watch the clips.

- - - Updated - - -

I choose door #3, you are being willfully ignorant.
    That option doesn't exist, and my evidence shows me to be right. Rogan is a Trump supporter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They don't have ads proper, but they're sponsored, no? I mean, I don't listen to a TON of podcasts, but almost all the bigger ones I've ever heard are very much still getting financial backing and support. I can't remember the last podcast of any notable size that didn't have either an intro/outro sponsor shoutout or a sponsor message break in the middle. Hell, even NPR does that, even if it's to "advertise" their other podcasts.

I means shit, Joe Rogan made a $100M deal with Spotify to have all his podcasts exclusively hosted there earlier this year - https://www.wsj.com/articles/spotify...an-11589913814

And that kind of shit wouldn't unduly influence the podcast hosts?
    Spotify negotiates various deals with the creqtors/networks. In Rogan case I believe it means Spotify owns distribution rights to podcasts while he is under contract. They are allowed to interject ads and he has to put out so many podcasts of a certain length but he still owns all creative control. In return Rogan gets prime restate on the platform and algorithms.

Another podcast network signed to Spotify owns all their stuff even after their contract, and agrees to take on certain sponsors but aren't responsible for pleasing said sponsors.

You also have completely in house podcasts/deals where you essentially make a podcast for streaming platform so they have the creative control and monetization power. And independent networks/podcasts that go by completely different rules.

So the intricacies of a debate via podcast come down to what podcast hosts it. Why I said you're looking a legal mess but I don't think you're looking at nearly the amount of ad pressure as a MSM outlet...not yet.

Remember a lot of platforms are charging subs or playing ads completely independent of the content to subsidize free listeners anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That option doesn't exist, and my evidence shows me to be right. Rogan is a Trump supporter.
    Joe Rogan knows full well that his audience skews GOP, because they like anyone with the penchant for 'triggering libs'.

So he's playing to that, because making money is always more important than the betterment of the nation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    A Joe Rogan podcast with Biden and Trump? Where 2 of the 3 people present would spend more time shouting their "arguments" and questions than actually really discussing anything because shouting the loudest totally means you're right and gets your point across better? Hard pass.
    So like most televised debates?

No, I am referring to this...https://www.military.com/daily-news/...igned-law.html

Trump consistently refers to the VA Mission Act as VA Choice -- the program established in 2014 by President Barack Obama to widen veterans' access to health care treatment from non-VA providers.

The legislation, the Veterans' Access to Care through Choice, Accountability, and Transparency Act, was created in response to a nationwide scandal over delays veterans encountered when making medical appointments -- for months and sometimes years -- and secret waiting lists kept by some VA facilities to hide the scope of the problem.

The VA Mission Act, signed by Trump in 2018, replaced the Veterans Choice Program and gave more veterans access to private health care paid for by the VA.

And you should read this too....https://www.cms.gov/newsroom/press-r...emiums-seniors

The Medicare Advantage average monthly plan premium is expected to decrease 14 percent to $23.00 (estimated) in 2020 from an average of $26.87 in 2019. Since 2017, the average monthly Medicare Advantage premium has decreased by an estimated 27.9 percent. This is the lowest that the average monthly premium for a Medicare Advantage plan has been since 2007.

And you can again speak for yourself on your own taxes and how much you have saved if any. Mine was more than $20 a month. Besides, even if it was, I will take the extra $240 a year over not having it.
    Yeah, no, doesn't matter what he signs considering how racist he is, the tax cuts didn't effect the majority of Americans in any great deal, his ICE policies and forced hysterectomies, denying that the virus is dangerous in public, while in private he knows it is dangerous, and calling veterans and dead soldiers losers and suckers? Yeah, there is nothing to support Trump over.

Pass. He could literally abolish all fucking taxes, and he will still be compared to the next Hitler for the shit he has done.

Pass. He could literally abolish all fucking taxes, and he will still be compared to the next Hitler for the shit he has done.
    I mean...abolishing all taxes would be one of the worst ideas ever, to boot. How we gonna pay for shit when we're already running $1T budget deficits under the current party of "fiscal responsibility"?