10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Yes. I don't know what @Breccia is trying to get at?
    Wow, how badly did I phrase it? I only meant that it could have been a lot worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Real question is if Biden wins, how long will it take for the Trump threads to close andd and Gen-OT trafic plummets
    At least 4 years. If Trump loses, we will see him weekly until the next election. He won't let it go, and i'm sure will attempt to influence as many cases against the democratic party as he can afford.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    At least 4 years. If Trump loses, we will see him weekly until the next election. He won't let it go, and i'm sure will attempt to influence as many cases against the democratic party as he can afford.
    Unless he dies before that. And he could well die.

Sidenote, so glad that Erin Burnett is on CNN and not Wolf. She's my MILF crush.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Time will tell. As far as I know, they're all mail in though?
    I don't know. When I was checking last night, NBC's "expected votes" left and the number of mailed ballots didn't seem to quite line up perfect.

If the uncounted votes are mostly mailed, like 2/3rds or more, and the trend we've seen continues, MI and WI will remain in Biden's camp.

If.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    When the gaps are this small, it really goes to show how important your individual vote is. I hope that gets across to people who don't believe in the process.
    Fairly sure since the gap was so close in the previous election, this is the reason we are seeing the huge turnout this election.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Just remember it's Trump. If he's good at one thing, it's tying up the courts with useless, unwinnable lawsuits.
    Only with other people's money, like taxpayers - his campaign doesn't have any left =]

let it gooooooo let it goooooooooooo.... or:

baby give it up, baby give it up.. should be played weekly at his courthouse meetings.

5+ Year Old Account
    Fairly sure since the gap was so close in the previous election, this is the reason we are seeing the huge turnout this election.
    You'd be surprised how vocal the anti-voting sentiment was leading up towards the election. Online boogeyman nonsense, but still there like all the rest.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Where is a link for that?
    I tried to find it. It was mentioned in one of the blogs I was following last night. But seeing how the blogs are updating every couple of minutes that post is well buried now.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I use NBC, so

Michigan

Biden up by 34,000 with 443k expected votes left

Wisconsin

Biden leads by 21,000 with 100,000 and change expected.

These are both gaps Trump can close, but it will take a dynamic shift.
    He really can't. The Election Commissioner in Wisconsin said they counted all the votes. So Wisconsin is close, but the vote count is pretty much final. And 20,000+ votes is a lot to stuff in a ballot box that you mysteriously found.

Michigan is still mathematically possible for Trump to win, but not realistically. The outstanding votes have a democratic lean, and Trump would need a solid majority of them.

Pennsylvania and Georgia are toss-ups in the sense that we don't have enough information to really say for sure, although the forecasts look good for Biden in both places.

Trump just doesn't really have enough room left to win in. He did take it right to the wire though, and that is all sorts of disturbing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    You'd be surprised how vocal the anti-voting sentiment was leading up towards the election. Online boogeyman nonsense, but still there like all the rest.
    My circle has shown the opposite. The vigor those I connect with had this election cycle is remarkable!

At least the markets are way up. Silver lining to a stressful day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Just remember it's Trump. If he's good at one thing, it's tying up the courts with useless, unwinnable lawsuits.
    If we're talking about Pennsylvania, this will be a small hill he can't climb.

1) Ex post facto is still a thing. Trump would be arguing for a law change after the fact. Even consertative judges might balk on that one.
    2) The issue Trump was raising before was ballots legally mailed on Election Day. However, based on how detested Trump is, it's not just possible but likely that most ballots arrived sooner. The greatest PBS network ever aired said that 2.2 million had arrived by the weekend. Those can't be challenged with any reasonable chance of success.
    3) And, unless Trump gets an injunction, like right now, the counting would be over before any court case anyhow.

What's on the board could easily still favor Trump, of course. This isn't over.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    I know that MMOC is a hyper liberal echo chamber, but so many people here said that Biden would win a landslide victory.

It appears, that more people want to keep america great than you all thought.
    So you are proud that we underestimated here how many Americans support fascism?
    I will never understand you guys...

5+ Year Old Account
    My circle has shown the opposite. The vigor those I connect with had this election cycle is remarkable!
    That's fortunate! But for me it's sometimes hard to convince peers to vote when they feel it doesn't matter in a 'red state'. Which (like many) is just most of the populace held hostage by rural flighters. But we still managed to get some representation in congress, so I'm happy.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    He really can't.
    There's no telling what kind of fuckery is still waiting in the shadows. In a fair contest I'd agree with you. Trump doesn't fight fair.

Honestly I'm surprised how little actual intimidation and violence there was. Immensely relieved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    At least the markets are way up. Silver lining to a stressful day
    Markets are reacting to a Biden lead.

If anyone was wondering who they wanted to win.

That the election is even this close after the last 4 years genuinely terrifies me.

Half of this country - thereabouts - truly does live in a completely alternate reality.

Here's my prediction.

Both candidates will say they won, and both will present some sort of believable evidence. Then it will be taken before the SCOTUS because no one is willing to concede. Then SCOTUS, which is heavily favoring Trump after the recent appointment, will declare Trump the winner.

GG. Thanks for playing.

Biden is winning EV counts 6:1... he was only projected 5:1

Hes going to win PA by 100-200k