Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Fighting in a war is not a war crime.
    so assad using chemical weapon isnt a criminal act? lel

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/jo...in-war-crimes/

Claim: Senator John McCain admitted that he was a 'war criminal' and was pardoned by President Nixon for his crimes.
    Including "I was guilty of war crimes against the Vietnamese people. I intentionally bombed women and children."

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    They could be a state with american samoa and other ultramarine US territories?

Call them US ultramar (4 EVs) or something

Also, make DC a state (6 evs). And PR (8 evs?).
    The only trouble I could see is that there is a further distance between Guam and American Samoa than LA and New York.

For electoral votes. Would depend on the 2020 census and realigning those numbers for the House. Then would depend on if Congress adds more seats to the House or is just realigned as they did for Alaska and Hawaii.

Trouble will be who ends up with the Senate after the run-offs. I can see the House oking one or both. I don't see a Republican Senate saying yes to either.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Bombing civilians is.

but good thing we have now arrived at justyfing the Vietnam war to defend some far right nutjob.
    The USA committed war crimes against the civilian population of Vietnam.

John McCain was a soldier following orders. He could've refused. Maybe he should've but substantial portions of the US population thought Vietnam War was justified even if it wasn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/jo...in-war-crimes/

Claim: Senator John McCain admitted that he was a 'war criminal' and was pardoned by President Nixon for his crimes.
    Including "I was guilty of war crimes against the Vietnamese people. I intentionally bombed women and children."
    You don't need to admit to war crimes to do them. Did Obama admit to them? Bush? Any other US president? Most of American pilots who did bombing missions in Vietnam?

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I'm repeating what I said before, Biden won the election, but he didn't win the people he needed to win... Trump gained a massive amount of voters despite his horrible politics.

Here are some illuminating and sobering articles from various sources:
    Trump GAINED voters in Philly compared to 2016 /Philadelphia Inquirer
    https://www.inquirer.com/news/presid...-20201107.html

Democrats unable to find a narrative of their own besides "Anti-Trump" /Politico
    https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...-voters-434100

How the Clinton years policies and Biden himself contributed to losing the working class constituents and polarization /The Guardian - the most interesting read imo
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...efeat-election
    Democrats aren't serving hatred and religious fervour.

The fucking president called on a terrorist group a month before the election. The problem isn't democrat messaging stop trying to blame democrats and such for the failings of people's and their bigotry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The USA committed war crimes against the civilian population of Vietnam.

John McCain was a soldier following orders. He could've refused. Maybe he should've but substantial portions of the US population thought Vietnam War was justified even if it wasn't.
    And by not refusing to them he is also guilty of it, its not like he was a ground grunt, he flew planes and did bombing missions. That caused a lot more damage than 1 single ground grunt could have done.

Fox News Suspends Jeanine Pirro's Show After She Planned To Air Baseless Voter Fraud Claims: Report

https://crooksandliars.com/2020/11/f...ne-pirros-show

Fox News reportedly cancelled Jeanine Pirro's show over the weekend after she was set to make the baseless claim that widespread voter fraud took place in the 2020 election.

According to Newsmax, Pirro wanted "to expose the vote fraud that took place in the election."

Fox News hosts are on record saying that there is no widespread evidence of voter fraud.

It was not immediately clear if Pirro's show would return to Fox News at a later date.

UPDATE: In a statement to Raw Story, a spokesperson for the network denied the cancellation was the result of a disagreement and that Pirro's show was "pre-empted due to special Democracy 2020 news coverage" and that the host will return to the air next week.

You don't need to admit to war crimes to do them. Did Obama admit to them? Bush? Any other US president? Most of American pilots who did bombing missions in Vietnam?
    I will answer that after you answer yes/no to: Have you stopped beating your wife?

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Yup and increasing. Does fill with some hope that the democrats can win both senate seats that are up for grabs in GA, even though it might be a longshot.
    That will be a long hard slog. I think it will end up with one party getting both and the other getting none. Who gets their voters out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will answer that after you answer yes/no to: Have you stopped beating your wife?
    Once you answer why you're trying to defend the Vietnam war.

Since we are going to play that game.

Vietnam was one huge war crime...

Once you answer why you're trying to defend the Vietnam war.
    I asked first, and I'm not defending that war; merely saying that McCain didn't commit a war crime during it.

So how shall I interpret your silence instead of a clear yes/no: Have you stopped beating your wife?

Added: As for the allegations: What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence
    Last edited by Forogil; 2020-11-08 at 05:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I asked first, and I'm not defending that war; merely saying that McCain didn't commit a war crime during it.

So how shall I interpret your silence instead of a clear yes/no: Have you stopped beating your wife?
    Nah, you're justfying McCain running bombing missions in that war, its the same thing. And i'm with Themius on the whole war being once big act of crime against humanity.
    So why do you enjoy killing civilians? Since we are still playing this stupid game of yours.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2020-11-08 at 05:39 PM.

And by not refusing to them he is also guilty of it, its not like he was a ground grunt, he flew planes and did bombing missions. That caused a lot more damage than 1 single ground grunt could have done.
    There's no difference between an infantryman and a bomber crewman. They're both soldiers following orders. If he chose to veer off course to specifically drops bombs on a civilian population you might have an argument but there's no evidence he ever did that.

If you want to pillory McCain there are plenty of other things you could do it for.

5+ Year Old Account
    Way off-topic and getting unnecessarily personal.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    There's no difference between an infantryman and a bomber crewman. They're both soldiers following orders. If he chose to veer off course to specifically drops bombs on a civilian population you might have an argument but there's no evidence he ever did that.

If you want to pillory McCain there are plenty of other things you could do it for.
    Ok, no difference, have it your way. Does not change he took part in it. And you know who else where following orders? Nazi Soldiers?

Since when is that a defense? You think just going to a foreign country to kill its population for no good reason is somehow okay now?
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2020-11-08 at 05:52 PM.

Clyburn to Ocasio-Cortez: 'I don't get hung up on labels'

In her New York Times interview, Ocasio-Cortez expressed doubts about remaining in politics due what she saw as a lack of support from the Democratic Party.

"It's your own party thinking you're the enemy. When your own colleagues talk anonymously in the press and then turn around and say you're bad because you actually append your name to your opinion," she told the newspaper.

Clyburn said on Sunday that being involved in the democratic process matters more than ascribing to any one political identity.

Rep. Jim Clyburn (D-S.C.) on Sunday responded to an interview in which Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) alleged there is hostility to progressive ideas from Democratic members of Congress.

"Sometimes I have real problems trying to figure out what progressive means," the House majority whip said during an appearance on NBC's "Meet the Press."

-----
    A lot of cross talk today... Just like what A few here have posted including myself...don't count on any big changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    What was the deal with the four seasons thing? Like if they accidently booked the wrong venue why not just cancel and rebook the venue you wanted rather than being so weird about it and trying to go ahead?

That's like planning on going to the swimming centre but you booked mcdonalds instead, but you still go in your swim trunks...

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    What was the deal with the four seasons thing? Like if they accidently booked the wrong venue why not just cancel and rebook the venue you wanted rather than being so weird about it and trying to go ahead?

That's like planning on going to the swimming centre but you booked mcdonalds instead, but you still go in your swim trunks...
    They're broke. It was an "accident".