I don't know which I like better:

"Prisoner-Elect"

or

"President-Reject"
    I like "President-Eject".

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Trumpers are currently shilling a conspiracy on twitter to prove major voter fraud.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-11-10 at 07:19 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Trumpers are currently shilling a conspiracy on twitter to prove major voter fraud.
    Yeah, I have been watching a lot of videos making fun of Trump supporters pushing such claims. I always ask them, if they rigged the election for Joe and Kamala, then why didn't they do it for the Senate control and more House seats. They don't answer after that.

im sure this is just a fundraising stunt. and he will probably go for a scorched earth policy in the next 70 days.

He is a fascist but luckily for us hes a petty thief first and foremost.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    I always ask them, if they rigged the election for Joe and Kamala, then why didn't they do it for the Senate control and more House seats. They don't answer after that.
    Oh, that's easy:

They™ knew that if They™ let the Democrats lose some important races, it would be easier for sheeple like you to believe that there was no rigging going on!

or

Republicans like McConnell are agents of The Deep State™ just like Biden/Harris/etc, and merely act as controlled opposition so that Their™ plans can be implemented without suspicion!

duh

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    “Taking down a peg” works for a politician, not an individual voter. Rarely do people change their mind by being humiliated.

This reads as someone who has felt stepped on, wanting revenge. Understandable, but please be aware you are contributing to the divide.
    The only ones contributing to the divide are the supporters themselves. People have tried to reason with them, to talk to them, to get them to calm down and just think. They won't. Their the ones who want to harm people.

People chanted this over and over when Trump won "don't humiliate them! It wont help change their minds!". No, every single one of them throwing a temper tantrum absolutely deserves all of the humiliation they get. Maybe when society finally puts them on blast for what their doing, they'll stop to think and understand that what they are doing is reprehensible.

In other news, heard some woman sitting there saying that the Dems have been setting this up for years. That they were setting it up with how they were talking, and that it shows they were clearly trying to rig things. Funny thing is, Trump was setting this exact thing up by saying that he wasn't sure things would go so fairly in Pennsylvania.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    im sure this is just a fundraising stunt.
    Aye, his legal claims thus far either have no merit or would have no material impact on the results, and it's looking more and more likely that he's just soliciting donations to work on paying down his campaign debt.

Then again every time you hear a story about what's going on in the White House it sounds like he drinks his own kool-aid.

Huh. For some reason until this moment I don't think I realized that he, his kids, and some of his top advisors are probably just as duped by all the q anon conspiracy bullshit as any of his followers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear that Trump supporters are in deeper shock/denial than the left was four years ago. They keep insisting that Trump will win and that the rampant fraud will be exposed any day now.

They never respond when you poke holes in their bullshit about how the election was rigged.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Huh. For some reason until this moment I don't think I realized that he, his kids, and some of his top advisors are probably just as duped by all the q anon conspiracy bullshit as any of his followers.
    Are you sure they aren't just playing a role to scam these useful idiots?

1st, I'm gonna come right out and say I'm pretty much a political newb. i understand the electoral college, and actually the merit of an electoral and the merits of a popular vote. That said, I'm still kind of confused as to way the election has been called in Bidens favor.

What I mean by this is that there seems to be counting still to be done. And yes, I realize that in all likelihood Biden does win, but it really seems like it's too soon. Or is it the media that's behind this and not the official results. Examples for me: Arizona - it seems like it was called in like a day or 2 for Biden, but since then an over 100k lead has shrunk to less than 15k. In Georgia, Biden has a lead of less than 20k. In Wisconsin, the vote numbers have been exactly the same for about 5 days and still only at 20k in favor of Biden (which seems weird that the numbers haven't changed too).

That said, for clarification purposes, I'm not a supporter of Trump, but just from a newb perspective, the whole calling of the election with so many close states seems way too early, and from my understanding seems like it's only the media calling it and nothing official. That also said, if weird things are going to happen, it's gonna happen in 2020.

Note here: I also realize even with this, there are recounts and legal issues by Trump to take into consideration, but that shouldn't affect the 1st initial count which still seems to be ongoing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    1st, I'm gonna come right out and say I'm pretty much a political newb. i understand the electoral college, and actually the merit of an electoral and the merits of a popular vote. That said, I'm still kind of confused as to way the election has been called in Bidens favor.

What I mean by this is that there seems to be counting still to be done. And yes, I realize that in all likelihood Biden does win, but it really seems like it's too soon. Or is it the media that's behind this and not the official results. Examples for me: Arizona - it seems like it was called in like a day or 2 for Biden, but since then an over 100k lead has shrunk to less than 15k. In Georgia, Biden has a lead of less than 20k. In Wisconsin, the vote numbers have been exactly the same for about 5 days and still only at 20k in favor of Biden (which seems weird that the numbers haven't changed too).

That said, for clarification purposes, I'm not a supporter of Trump, but just from a newb perspective, the whole calling of the election with so many close states seems way too early, and from my understanding seems like it's only the media calling it and nothing official. That also said, if weird things are going to happen, it's gonna happen in 2020.

Note here: I also realize even with this, there are recounts and legal issues by Trump to take into consideration, but that shouldn't affect the 1st initial count which still seems to be ongoing.
    Buddy, this is how it has always gone. The press uses statistical projections as the votes come in to determine who is likely to win a state. Sometimes it takes a while for them to be confident in their projections before they call a winner; see Pennsylvania this year as an example. No, they are not the "official" results but they are rarely wrong.

It's how the press has handled election coverage for years.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

That said, I'm still kind of confused as to way the election has been called in Bidens favor.
    Yes, media outlets always call the election before all the votes are in. No, it's not official.

They call a state when it's almost a certainty that it's going to go one way or another. California was called pretty much the instant the polls closed, with zero votes reported, because it's California and it always goes to the Democratic candidate. Pennsylvania wasn't called despite Trump having a 700k+ vote lead at one point because literally everyone but the most devout Trump cultist knew that they had millions of mail-in votes yet to count, and most of those were going to Biden. This really isn't complicated.

What I mean by this is that there seems to be counting still to be done. ).
    Biden actually took AZ out from under Trump. Same with GA and PA. The recount is a none issue. It has about a 10% of success IF the results are within 1k. That isn't the case anywhere so a recount wont change any of those results.

As for why those states are called, its simple. The lead Biden has is greater than the amount of votes they have left to count. Thus, there is literally not enough votes left to be counted to actually beat Biden. That is how every state is called. Once its at the point that its 100% not possible to overcome the lead the current winner has in the state, they call it. Because you have to look at how much of the votes have been favoring what candidate as well. Then add onto that that the one in 2nd place needs not only to clear the lead, but then to get even More than that to get into the lead.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Biden actually took AZ out from under Trump. Same with GA and PA. The recount is a none issue. It has about a 10% of success IF the results are within 1k. That isn't the case anywhere so a recount wont change any of those results.

As for why those states are called, its simple. The lead Biden has is greater than the amount of votes they have left to count. Thus, there is literally not enough votes left to be counted to actually beat Biden. That is how every state is called. Once its at the point that its 100% not possible to overcome the lead the current winner has in the state, they call it. Because you have to look at how much of the votes have been favoring what candidate as well. Then add onto that that the one in 2nd place needs not only to clear the lead, but then to get even More than that to get into the lead.
    I'm not buying this explanation. At this point with 2% left to count in Arizona, for example, and 3.2 million ballots counted, there's less than a 15k lead. 2% of 3.2 mil is like 60,000. Further, as another post said, California is pretty much called instantaneously because they are always Dem.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I don't know which I like better:

"Prisoner-Elect"

or

"President-Reject"
    prisoner in chief or prisoner individual one

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Buddy, this is how it has always gone. The press uses statistical projections as the votes come in to determine who is likely to win a state. Sometimes it takes a while for them to be confident in their projections before they call a winner; see Pennsylvania this year as an example. No, they are not the "official" results but they are rarely wrong.

It's how the press has handled election coverage for years.
    So what we're saying is this is a press called win. And realistically while it's likely not wrong. 2 things bother me here: 1) press projections - we all know at this point how wrong their projections have been lately, thus this doesn't inspire confidence in me and 2) I'm kinda weirded out that the press has this much power and that basically essentially what they're saying is what we say is true, end of story - and that bothers me greatly.

And while true, in terms of projections after the fact, rarely wrong, again, this is still 2020.

I'm kinda weirded out that the press has this much power and that basically essentially what they're saying is what we say is true, end of story - and that bothers me greatly.

The press has the same information the campaigns have. You'll notice that Trump's team isn't running on "we still have enough votes to win!" they've moved on to "FRAUD!!! THEIR VOTES DON'T COUNT!!!"

So what we're saying is this is a press called win. And realistically while it's likely not wrong. 2 things bother me here: 1) press projections - we all know at this point how wrong their projections have been lately, thus this doesn't inspire confidence in me and 2) I'm kinda weirded out that the press has this much power and that basically essentially what they're saying is what we say is true, end of story - and that bothers me greatly.

And while true, in terms of projections after the fact, rarely wrong, again, this is still 2020.
    First press has no power. The 2000 election was decided in the courts and the court decision was limited to the recount that was happening in Florida.

What the Press does in this case is what the campaign does as well. Both look at the current numbers that are being reported, look at what's left and look at who will get the remaining votes based on various factors.

You are talking about "the press" as if it's a single entity btw, it's weird. What power do you think that they have? No election is decided by what the press "calls".

It is also a matter of knowing what kind of votes are left and where they are from. All that is left in AZ are from places known to heavily favour the democrats.

siri what is concern trolling