Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Such guys, that constantly ask for more content, because they have nothing to grind and they can't just find goals for playing this game by themselves - is major reason, why this game was ruined by mandatory infinite grind crap. SL has some steps towards right direction. They're just not enough and there are no guarantees, that Blizzard won't change their mind later.
    It's one of the major splits. WoW has hand an identity crisis since I would say early wrath. Each expansion flips the script on what is and isnt promoted as a path to power.

After legion the concept of just do harder content if you want better rewards weirdly got relegated to mythic rather then being the go to for all levels of play.

Given that I don't find it outrageous that a generation that never had anything else feels lost without it.

Such guys, that constantly ask for more content, because they have nothing to grind and they can't just find goals for playing this game by themselves without gun barrel at back of their head - is major reason, why this game was ruined by mandatory infinite grind crap. SL has some steps towards right direction. They're just not enough and there are no guarantees, that Blizzard won't change their mind later.
    Because there is no goal with completing arbitrary levels. Neither did Legion nor BfA azerite was about that. Nor shadowlands renown is.
    Capped or nor it's literally irrelevant for people with self control.

The only actual content is thorgast, dungs, raids and pvp.
    So the only step in right direction was thorgast unless blizz plan to abandon it like almost all other unfinished mini projects before.

Also 8 dungeons is way to low with M+. It should be like 12 on start and 2 new each patch.

game's barely been out a week, and people are already whining?

at least wait 6 months.
    "Remember when trade conversation had to do with bartering goods and services? Pepperidge Farm remembers..."

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Because there is no goal with completing arbitrary levels. Neither did Legion nor BfA azerite was about that. Nor shadowlands renown is.
    Capped or nor it's literally irrelevant for people with self control.

The only actual content is thorgast, dungs, raids and pvp.
    So the only step in right direction was thorgast unless blizz plan to abandon it like almost all other unfinished mini projects before.

Also 8 dungeons is way to low with M+. It should be like 12 on start and 2 new each patch.
    This systems by itself weren't important for me. But I couldn't just ignore them. Game was tuned such way, that base character power was taken away to make room for such borrowed power systems. So my characters were so weak, that it wasn't comfortable for me to play such game. And bringing them to comfort zone was so long process, that I managed to handle it on one character only. My main. And as playing alts is my preferred playstyle, this xpack just weren't fun for me at all, so there was no reason for me to play them.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

least content? lol no

if you want to see actual barebones content, go look up ffxiv, "large" content patches get spread into 4 smaller patches instead of being released with the original patch

a feature that was promised at the start of an expansion for ffxiv can and most likely will end up released near the end of its expansion cycle (it has happened multiple times before)

It has the most, difference being almost all of it is optional.

How can it have the least? I was reading on a guide of what to do at lvl 60 (it took me the whole week on and off to get there) and it's too much. It feels that if you don't play every day, and not all of us can, you will fall behind.

Perhaps the whole soulbinds/conduits system could have been skipped. The ammount of daily/weekly things to do would then be reasonable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree it has least variety, but least content that's still up to debate
    I do miss old days of tbc/wrath, where exp start with 7+ zones, but even biggest wrath zone (my most fav game ever) isn't as big as Suramar for example from legion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    no it doesn't. what did WoD have available at the start? nothing. you sat in your garrison and queued for heroics while waiting for the first raid to come out. Shadowlands has world quests, callings, mythic dungeons, Torghast etc - way, way more than WoD.

OP - get off your shitposter account and how about you post on your actual account, you fucking coward
    WoD had daily quest or two... it wasn't until last patch that they upped dailies
    And i still consider daily system superior to WQ, daily i know anytime i log a day i can do them all and done, wq is so random it is annoying

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    idk as a casual, I feel like it's more than BFA... i thought at first, oh this will be nice only daily in my covenant. Then I get quest to go do some in another covenant zone, on top of mine... then I got the Maw and yet more WQs.... The lack of mounts in the Maw is also horrible.
    why do u want a mount, or mini pet, or anything
    at least toys still interest me, but wow 'mount' reward really is useless now, if i use 2 different mounts every single day, i'll still pass a year without using every single mount i have
    toys at least are different

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Funny, i thought they were about story and content.
    they are about both, but grind was always a base core of mmo, if anything wow reduced it a lot than how it was pre-wow
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

15+ Year Old Account
    If you're out of things by 16 hours, you've skipped a lot. I'm over 16 so far and I haven't done a dungeon or a PVP battle. I'm still chasing mounts and rares etc.

I'm thinking back to previous expansions prior to the introduction to things like World Quests, chests and elite spawns with toys and mounts to chase. This is all the expansions have ever been, quests to level and then dungeons and raids. I think Wrath of the Lich King introduced daily quests. I think your expectations of more to do has been influenced by the last couple of expansions and the need to chase Azerite and artifact power which becomes your singular focus of "always more to do on my main".

This expansion seems to be going back to basics, level some alts. Relax, enjoy the experience. WoW isn't meant to be your job.
    Last edited by Malania; 2020-11-28 at 09:15 AM.

This the first time since wrath that I actually liked almost everything

I like the way content is spread, and I like it all till now

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i dont think this is the reason .

i think that main reason is how efficient some people become with this game.

for example where ordinary person takes around 15 hours to reach max level - they get there in 6 hours

where ordinary person spends 20-30 hours spamming normal then hc dungeons those people go straight into mythic 0 and are effectively done for that week. maaaybe they do couple of hc dungeons.

they ignore world content because WQ gear is crap

they only fast farm anima for renown and are done.

done and bored

while average player just start getting into hc dungeons they are done.

efficiency is what is killing wow for them .

they manage to get 2-3 toons leveled and pushed through mythic 0 when ordinary person doesnt even start mythic 0 on 1 toon .

you will see it in couple of week - plenty of threads "we have nothing to do " will pop up
    and again thats due to the last couple expansions

rush to cap get the big long grind started except this time theres no big grind

i mean im not even efficient and im leveling an alt because while i can do more on my main i dont see a reason for it. If my main was an enchanter i would go for that 155 set of legs for the shards. I dont need a ton of anima but maybe to help get the transport network up i might get that last 300

Funny I've been playing 20hours a day and I can't seem to do everything I want on a few characters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivaris View Post
    Yes I rushed with three full days gaming but just looking at the numbers we have around 25 hours of content with Shadowlands that is kind of fresh before you reach the end. That is lame.
    I have between 30 minutes and an hour and a half of playtime on weekdays because of work and other chores/responsibilities. I'm just barely through with Bastion now. I believe you got your moneys worth if you've been playing almost nonstop for three full days and only then ran out of things to do.
    “Whatever malice you carry I can match with seething fury.” ─ Nokonda
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post

WoD had daily quest or two... it wasn't until last patch that they upped dailies
    And i still consider daily system superior to WQ, daily i know anytime i log a day i can do them all and done, wq is so random it is annoying
    that's not what this thread is about though. OP has said that Shadowlands has the LEAST content of any expansion, which is demonstrably false.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nivaris View Post
    Greetings!

I know this will be unpopular since a lot of us are still in the honeymoon phase of a new expansion but ... out of all the expansions Shadowlands has the least launch date content yet.

Why? Even when not rushing but just considering the numbers I am out of things after 16 hours of playtime on level 60. Taking in another 12 hours of leveling that's about 25 hours of initial content that I have experienced on one character before I reach all the timegating limits. This is including the mythic dungeons, gearing up, torghast, all the campaign quests leading up to the limit, quite a few world quests and a bit pvp.

I remember having 26 hours on level 120 with BFA when I ran out of things before the timegating set in, legion was even bigger with over 40 hours (played a full week on level 110 before end of things).

I know what you might say now - play another character to experience another covenant, or it's your own fault because you rushed. Yes I rushed with three full days gaming but just looking at the numbers we have around 25 hours of content with Shadowlands that is kind of fresh before you reach the end. That is lame.

Seriously that is not much playtime for a 40 Euro expansion. We're talking about initial content here not the timegating content that sets in week after week and forces you to subscribe longer and longer which in return costs you money again. And even those 25 hours where stretched wherever possible with no mounts in the Maw, scarce flight points, no flight whistle etc.

I am bit disappointed at the moment - sure the dungeons are fun, the raiding will be fun but content wise? It's a bummer when also considering that a lot of content is used assets like Maldraxxus or Ardenweald.

Happy to hear your side of things or did I miss something?

Stay civil!

Best wishes
    four pages of replies and you've yet to reply. you're a troll.

It has more content than Legion AND all expansions prior. I honestly have no idea what you're complaining about, M+ and raids are not even open...

I dont know, SL got more to do than start of BfA. I try to log my alt mage but I always log quickly back on my DK Main because I want to do more stuff on it, which really says it all for me. I feel the world is much more alive than ever with all the things happening in the zones.

Sure, its gated a lot of the progress, but I don't run out of stuff to do as of now. I did make a level 60 template on beta and I was so overwhelmed at all of the stuff to do and to get(rewards) so to spread it out like this is okay imo. I really like that there are so many incentives to do different kind of things, yet you don't lose actual power because its capped at a low effort level per week if you dont do all.

Lots of thing to do and to earn character wise, but you don't lose much character power if you don't do it all. Its a pretty good setup if you ask me.

It's not only the lack of content (and there's just not much right now), the major problem is that the gameplay hasn't changed a bit from BfA and only slightly after Legion. Doing this stuff for one expansion is nice and feels good, doing it for two expansions in a row will decrease its likeability, but doing it three expansions in a row without major changes? That's a no go and the biggest issue of Shadowlands. It feels like a recoloured BfA. At least playing four characters to have one in each Covenant for the campaign is a good thing that keeps you going. But besides that, focusing just on one? Uhm...
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

This systems by itself weren't important for me. But I couldn't just ignore them.
    Yes you could, I ignored them and still raided mythic. It was harder to ignore at the beginning of expansion (first 2 months or so) but nowhere near as bad as legiondaries were.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It's not only the lack of content (and there's just not much right now), the major problem is that the gameplay hasn't changed a bit from BfA and only slightly after Legion. Doing this stuff for one expansion is nice and feels good, doing it for two expansions in a row will decrease its likeability, but doing it three expansions in a row without major changes? That's a no go and the biggest issue of Shadowlands. It feels like a recoloured BfA. At least playing four characters to have one in each Covenant for the campaign is a good thing that keeps you going. But besides that, focusing just on one? Uhm...
    Shocking WoW is still WoW and if you don't like WoW you won't like more WoW.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

My problem isn't lack of content so much as lack of motivation to do content. Normally I'd want to participate to keep seeing the story and world, but the story here is really turning me off. I'm not entirely sure why that is, but it may be due to the fact that all those things dying here (except us Mall Walkers) experience true final death upon being killed. That's largely not been true up to this point in the lore.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"