Mentioned earlier in the thread that one of our employees has been called up into the capitol.

He's told my wife that they're not fucking around and were told to bring their guns, including "the big ones". Reckon Y'all Qaeda will have a short sharp shock if they try anything on, at least in DC. Given the FBI warning of potential armed uprisings in all 50 states, more concerning is how things will be handled at state level, particularly in the red states. I could see a lot of red state governors blowing things off to avoid alienating some of the people who vote for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    Mentioned earlier in the thread that one of our employees has been called up into the capitol.

He's told my wife that they're not fucking around and were told to bring their guns, including "the big ones". Reckon Y'all Qaeda will have a short sharp shock if they try anything on, at least in DC. Given the FBI warning of potential armed uprisings in all 50 states, more concerning is how things will be handled at state level, particularly in the red states. I could see a lot of red state governors blowing things off to avoid alienating some of the people who vote for them.
    The Federal government will step in after the 20th. Vanilla ISIS will be crushed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Sorry, it's hard to follow you sometimes.

Social Media? No.

If you don't like what Facebook, or Twitter, or myspace, or youtube, or google, or tik-tok are doing then create your own.
    Not hard to respond to, though?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I support democratic rule of law.

If that's "tyranny of the majority", the only alternatives are "tyranny of some minority".

Actually democracy is about cooperation between parties and ensuring that every single peron under a democracy can thrive.
    So you're just wrong. They're terrorists. And you're a terrorist apologist. Because that's all you're doing; pushing apologism for brutal, violent terrorists.
    according to you.

You are opposed to democracy, you are opposed to civil rights and freedoms, you are opposed to rule of law, you're just pushing straight fascism and projecting your own ideological failures onto everyone else.
    oh look a bunch of useless accusations. America´s democracy is now unraveling in front of our eyes and the side that is the strongest get to decide if these accusations are true.

Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Actually democracy is about cooperation between parties and ensuring that every single person under a democracy can thrive.
    I think we're all well aware by now that Republicans despise democracy. Not sure what you're trying to accomplish by simply reiterating that fact.

Trump and his people had over 60 chances in court to prove their claims were true. They have no evidence because everything they said about election fraud was 100% made up.

We don't need a side to decide something is true when it's already been proven false.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Actually democracy is about cooperation between parties and ensuring that every single peron under a democracy can thrive.

according to you.
    we dont live in a democracy though. we live in a constitutional republic.

democracies are about who has 51% majority. hence why they always fail
    "We Choose Truth over Facts" - Joe Biden
    "You're too old to vote for me" - Joe Biden

We need to completely demolish MAGAFT

10+ Year Old Account
    That isn't what any democracy in history has ever been about. Where the hell did you pull this from?

according to you.
    What, that they're terrorists?

That's pretty much a fact. If you're denying that, well, that's why I pointed out that you're being an apologist for terrorism.

oh look a bunch of useless accusations. America´s democracy is now unraveling in front of our eyes and the side that is the strongest get to decide if these accusations are true.
    Again, not how anything works, anywhere.

Particularly as the USA is not a bubble. Even if the vanishingly small chance that a handful of idiots in MAGA hats overthrow the entire US military might and overthrow the government and replace it with the Q Legion or whatever, the rest of the world is going to be determining what's real, not those nutcases. Propaganda doesn't change reality, no matter how hard it's spewed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by js3915 View Post
    This is aggressively, willfully ignorant.

There's no distinction between a democracy and a constitutional republic. If you vote for your representatives, you're in a representative democracy. That democracy may be structured as a republic, and may be governed by a constitutional document.

That makes you a representative democracy that is also a constitutional republic, because literally all those things work together without contradiction.

That is a completely disingenuous argument. America is a representative democracy/Democratic Republic.

democracies are about who has 51% majority.
    Wrong.

hence why they always fail
    Name one.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2021-01-17 at 03:42 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Name one.
    I mean...the US is trying its hardest at the moment. I'm not sure that's the fault of democracy though, but rather those actively trying to subvert it.

according to you.
    Okay then

What are they according to you?

Freedom Fighters? Patriots?

10+ Year Old Account

democracies are about who has 51% majority. hence why they always fail
    It makes my skin crawl whenever there's people insisting that they're not a democracy "because they're a republic".

The two are not in any way mutually exclusive, that whole line of thinking is nothing but an attempt to downplay increasingly autharitarian and fascist governance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    It makes my skin crawl whenever there's people insisting that they're not a democracy "because they're a republic".

The two are not in any way mutually exclusive, that whole line of thinking is nothing but an attempt to downplay increasingly autharitarian and fascist governance.
    Any time anyone brings up the "we're not a democracy, we're a republic" garbage, you basically know their argument is really "I know my views are abusive and not remotely popular enough to ever win an election, but we should seize control and subjugate the majority, because fuck 'em." In short, that they have nothing worth considering as a political opinion. They're a dangerous extremist, nothing more.

Ben Sasse isn't pulling any punches here

In Sasse's editorial, titled "QAnon is Destroying the GOP From Within" the lawmaker states that the riots that took place at the Capitol were not a result of a "few bad apples," but rather a "seed" that Republicans allowed to grow in the party over time, including these theories.

Sasse said that when Trump leaves office, the GOP have a choice to uphold the Constitution, or "become a party of conspiracy theories." "When Trump leaves office, my party faces a choice: We can dedicate ourselves to defending the Constitution and perpetuating our best American institutions and traditions, or we can be a party of conspiracy theories, cable-news fantasies, and the ruin that comes with them," he said. " "We can be the party of Eisenhower, or the party of the conspiracist Alex Jones," Sasse continued, referring to Jones, who is a conspiracy theorist.

In addition, he called efforts by his Republican colleagues including Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) to object to the election results "really dumbass."

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    That is a completely disingenuous argument. America is a representative democracy/Democratic Republic.

Wrong.

Name one.

Im never wrong ive predicted most events with 95% accruacy.
    Eazy
    Rome, Iraq, Ghana, North Korea, Uganda. I can keep going all day.
    "We Choose Truth over Facts" - Joe Biden
    "You're too old to vote for me" - Joe Biden

We need to completely demolish MAGAFT

Again, not how anything works, anywhere.

Particularly as the USA is not a bubble. Even if the vanishingly small chance that a handful of idiots in MAGA hats overthrow the entire US military might and overthrow the government and replace it with the Q Legion or whatever, the rest of the world is going to be determining what's real, not those nutcases. Propaganda doesn't change reality, no matter how hard it's spewed.

Who says they need to overthrow the goverment? Inflict enough damage in democratic cities and the democrats will cave to any demand.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-01-17 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    Who says they need to overthrow the goverment? Inflict enough damage in democratic cities and the democrats will cave to any demand.
    You are seriously disconnected from reality. In what "democratic city" have they ever caved to the demands of terrorists?

So, you're literally advocating for terrorism.

Also, I'm not terribly worried about your "revolutionaries" from what ive seen so far

Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-01-17 at 06:07 AM.

Okay, we shouldn't play the 'What If' game here, but...

If Trump was given the opportunity to use the military or whatever other means to stop in Inauguration. He would wouldn't he?

This again is the point. He is trying to overthrow out government. He is just failing at it. That's still a massive crime, especially as POTUS.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Okay, we shouldn't play the 'What If' game here, but...

If Trump was given the opportunity to use the military or whatever other means to stop in Inauguration. He would wouldn't he?

This again is the point. He is trying to overthrow out government. He is just failing at it. That's still a massive crime, especially as POTUS.
    Thing is though...there are literally people that think Trump is completely innocent because he's so bad at being corrupt that most of what he tries falls short.