10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Nope.

Just you wait until we find out the stuff he tried to keep hidden.

Oh, and when he's dragged into court.

This thread's not going anywhere.
    I think a separate "ex-president Trump shitshow Focused Discussion" thread might be in order.

I'm fine with there being a definitive sort of division line, both in history and on this inconsequential WoW gaming forum.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I'm fine with there being a definitive sort of division line, both in history and on this inconsequential WoW gaming forum.
    The stuff he's going to have legal issues with, was mostly stuff in office. Most of the rest was stuff he hid so he could run for office, like Stormy Daniels and his taxes.

It makes sense to me to contain the tire fire that is Trump's America.

Shocked I tell you, shocked.
    Nobody knew Trump would be such a bad president and person, NOBODY.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-supporters-2650026242/

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump was objectively worse on the stock market than Obama.

From Trump's inauguration day, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose from 19,827 to 30,930 on Tuesday, a 56 percent increase.

That increase is below the 73.2 percent rise the Dow saw in Obama's first term, or the 105.8 percent increase under Clinton's first term.

A similar trend was true for the S&P 500, which gained 67.8 percent under Trump, rising from 2,263 to 3,799. It gained 84.5 percent in Obama's first term, and 79.2 percent in Clinton's first term.

The sole exception in the past three decades has been former President George W. Bush, who saw the Dow fall 3.7 percent and the S&P fall 12.5 percent in his first four years in office.

The figure will be unwelcome news to Trump, who frequently touted the stock market's performance as a sign of his economic acumen and business-minded policies.

The outgoing president still highlighted the market in a farewell address Tuesday.

"The stock market set one record after another, with 148 stock market highs during this short period of time, and boosted the retirements and pensions of hardworking citizens all across our nation," he said, adding that 401(k)s reached new highs.

"We’ve never seen numbers like we’ve seen, and that’s before the pandemic and after the pandemic."
    Yep, that's Trump, alright. Claiming to be amazing when everyone else has done better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I hope this thread dies a quick death after tomorrow.
    We'll have to keep track of all his post-presidency financial and legal troubles somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post
    Shocked I tell you, shocked.
    Wait, are we talking about Bannon? Because Trump's going to pardon Bannon for, yes this is hilarious, swindling people who donated to We Build The Wall.

Nope.

Just you wait until we find out the stuff he tried to keep hidden.

Oh, and when he's dragged into court.

This thread's not going anywhere.
    I wonder how his Secret Service protection will work while he's in prison.

10+ Year Old Account
    And now, a difference between the candidates.

Howard University will march VP Harris to the inauguration.

Wharton wants to disown Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE: Let's talk about

We did what we came here to do, and so much more
    PolitiFact kept track. They give Trump credit for 25 kept, 23 Compromise, and 54 Broken. The categories "Stalled" and "In the Works" no longer apply.

Promises Kept include:
    -- leaving TPP
    -- renegotiating NAFTA (all technicalities count, if I say "I'm going to improve my DPS" and it goes up 0.2% I'm technically correct)
    -- no cuts to SS (until the crippling debt he insisted on catches up, also everyone promises this)
    -- leave the Paris Accord
    -- appoint judges
    -- create a veterans hotline (nothing inherently wrong with that)

Promises Broken include:
    -- Infrastructure Week
    -- create Health Savings Accounts, allow people to deduct health insurance
    -- make no cuts to Medicaid (more details here)
    -- four percent GPD growth
    -- actually, three percent GDP growth
    -- balance the budget and/or eliminate fraud/waste in every department
    -- eliminate Common Core
    -- ban WH members from lobbying, when he hired foreign agents
    -- end birthright citizenship
    -- build the Wall
    -- Mexico will pay for it
    -- the Muslim ban
    -- the Trade War with China wasn't a campaign promise that PolitiFact checked, but, Trump did promise to kick China out of the WTO
    -- federal hiring freeze (see also: acting White House)
    -- repeal the Alternative Facts. Shit! Repeal the Alternative Minimum Tax
    -- release his taxes
    -- expand libel, and sue the people who said he grabbed them by the pussy
    -- increase Army fro 475,000 to 540,000 and build more boats and add more Marine Corps
    -- eliminate gun-free school zones (it's okay, Trump supporters brought plenty of guns to schools in the first three years of his term)
    -- bring back waterboarding
    -- bring back manufacturing
    -- death penalty for cop killers just throwing that in there becasuse, well, he instigated a riot that killed a police officer on federal grounds, so because Trump did not fulfill that promise, a Trump supporter won't (necessarily) face the death penalty. That's some great incompetence hypocrisy, right there.

And PolitiFact didn't list this, but I will:

-- to faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States and to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

I think it's pretty fair to say not only did Trump break more promises than he kept, he broke bigger ones than he kept. I'll also point out that, sure, he did what he said about TPP and NAFTA but it doesn't seem to have helped. He appointed judges but so would anyone else.

And.

I'm curious how many of Trumps Promises Kept will be undone by Biden. Because Trump didn't exactly get a lot of laws passed that did any of the above.

Trump supporters backed a lying loser. And when Trump says "We did what we came here to do, and so much more" he is objectively wrong. Or, he lied about what he came here to do. Neither trait is redeeming.

I'll take this opportunity, one last time (I only have 12 hours anyhow), to call upon all Trump supporters to look at the list of things Trump promised, the list of things Trump actually accomplished, remember that we have their post history, and then comment on Trump's "and so much more" line. Take your time. The longer you wait, the more likely Biden is to remove some of them, and also until you respond you're listed as agreeing with it.

So did Trump issue all his pay-2-win pardons yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    So did Trump issue all his pay-2-win pardons yet?
    So far, just Bannon...

Edit: He pardoned Lil Wayne... lol

Edit 2: ... and a couple more people funneling money through Russia... Including Butina’s “boyfriend”...
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-01-20 at 06:18 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

https://www.whitehouse.gov/farewell-address/
    We restored American strength at home and American leadership abroad. The world respects us again. Please don’t lose that respect.
    Haha... oh wait, you're serious? Let me laugh even harder. Bwahaha!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post

No no no, he's right... The world respects the US more now than it did in 2016, because we chose not to elect Trump this time.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    So far, just Bannon...

Edit: He pardoned Lil Wayne... lol

Edit 2: ... and a couple more people funneling money through Russia... Including Butina’s “boyfriend”...
    Joe Arpaio, Dinesh D'Souza seem to be on the list as well as Michael Milken.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Joe Arpaio, Dinesh D'Souza seem to be on the list as well as Michael Milken.
    That's a list of everyone he's pardoned, that you're looking at. Arpaio and D'Souza were both pardoned years ago. I know there are a ton floating around, and I haven't even seen a full list of the latest pardons yet : /

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's a list of everyone he's pardoned, that you're looking at. Arpaio and D'Souza were both pardoned years ago. I know there are a ton floating around, and I haven't even seen a full list of the latest pardons yet : /
    Oh you're right. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post

I believe this video really captures the essence of what I should be feeling when Trump says a line like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Several places are reporing a list like

Trump granted clemency to 143 individuals in total, just hours before leaving office: 73 received pardons, while 70 were granted commutations.
    None I've seen said "Trump pardoned himself".

Going to be an interesting next nine hours. As we all know, there are three options.

1) Trump pardons himself. This could have been done in those "secret" pre-emptive blanket pardons we've only heard rumors about. Because that's what "secret" means.

2) Trump resigns in time for Pence to pardon Trump.

3) Trump leaves the Oval Office a big fat fatty fat fatass obese lardbutt "when I sit around the White House, I really sit around the White House" fat target.

Again, there are rumors and speculation about secret pardons, we'll know for sure in a few days tops. Until then, all 3 options are still on the table, which Trump covered with fast food.

Several places are reporing a list like

None I've seen said "Trump pardoned himself".

Going to be an interesting next nine hours. As we all know, there are three options.

1) Trump pardons himself. This could have been done in those "secret" pre-emptive blanket pardons we've only heard rumors about. Because that's what "secret" means.

2) Trump resigns in time for Pence to pardon Trump.

3) Trump leaves the Oval Office a big fat fatty fat fatass obese lardbutt "when I sit around the White House, I really sit around the White House" fat target.

Again, there are rumors and speculation about secret pardons, we'll know for sure in a few days tops. Until then, all 3 options are still on the table, which Trump covered with fast food.
    Here's the list
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...emency-012021/

10+ Year Old Account
    Eight days into office, rather than push for a Constitutional Amendment like he promised, Trump instead signed an E.O. saying that anyone who left his admin could not lobby for a foreign power for five years.

"Yeah! Trump almost kinda came through on a promise! No more corrupt foreign agents working to undermine Great America! Only Trump would stand up to that!"

He just rescinded the order.

"Yeah! Wait,what?"

Yep, he just crossed it off. It was between pardoning the various Republicans caught and convicted of felonies. So, yeah, one of the few things Team Trump could barely call a victory, Trump just tore it up. Promise broken.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Here's the list
    That's the public list. Again, if there's some kind of "secret" pardon, we'll find out soon enough. After all, secret or not, there's a record somewhere. It'll be one of the first things Biden's DoJ goes for.

Eight days into office, rather than push for a Constitutional Amendment like he promised, Trump instead signed an E.O. saying that anyone who left his admin could not lobby for a foreign power for five years.

"Yeah! Trump almost kinda came through on a promise! No more corrupt foreign agents working to undermine Great America! Only Trump would stand up to that!"

He just rescinded the order.

"Yeah! Wait,what?"

Yep, he just crossed it off. It was between pardoning the various Republicans caught and convicted of felonies. So, yeah, one of the few things Team Trump could barely call a victory, Trump just tore it up. Promise broken.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the public list. Again, if there's some kind of "secret" pardon, we'll find out soon enough. After all, secret or not, there's a record somewhere. It'll be one of the first things Biden's DoJ goes for.
    Hopefully he won't be doing anything more in the next hours. He can't fire anyone on twitter anymore, and he has to put on his orange make-up and fit the dress and tiara for his super-sweet-parade.