Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Question Redeemed soul cap 100 + 20 souls a week =... WTF?

So yeah... we can only hold 100 redeemed souls at a time, and in a couple weeks the income is going to be 20 per week. I don't know about y'all, but I can't see getting the anima income to keep up with keeping that cap at bay. My various characters range between 60-80ish souls sitting in the pile, and I've been spending my anima on things other than sanctum upgrades beyond 1-2, that don't feel satisfying when the anima income is what it is right now. I'm sorry but when the income is 2-3 digits, I don't spend 5 digits at once, I'll wait for an income buff.

Something's gotta give here, right? Like literally most players will just be throwing 20 souls a week away while still, in theory, having things to spend them on for another... what... 5-6 weeks yet? The cap of "all the souls you could need" is in the neighborhood of 240something, and we'll hit that in a couple months at 20/week... while sitting at the 100 cap for most if not all of that time.

Are we meant to just sit at the 100 cap and do the 20 rescued souls for renown and just... let them bang against the cap and waste away? There is literally no better time efficient renown source that beats an efficiently done weekly maw run for 15-20 souls, so just letting it lapse and doing a calling the following week isn't really ideal. We'll do the quest for renown, and it will literally reward no souls most weeks. That's dumb.

Something's gotta give here, right? I mean they hotfixed in the torghast layer sharing, this has to be a forthcoming hotfix... right? The anima income doesn't exist to spend 20 souls a week!
    Last edited by Omedon; 2021-01-31 at 07:38 PM.

Yeah, they should increase the amount of anima you get. Upgrades are like 10-15k, and there is many other items that cost between 4-6k anima.

Anima income is absolutely undertuned. I suspect they just don't want players to finish their upgrades/purchases before the .1 patch and tuned down anima to prevent it rather than doing something a bit smarter. Makes it feel pretty shitty, and may backfire as many players (such as myself) will just say screw it and ignore anima upgrades entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Yeah it might become a problem at some point, but so far it hasn't. The higher upgrades use a lot of souls, so it might not end up being a problem at all tbh.

Of course there is a theoretical scenario where someone just does the renown quests weekly and doesn't bother with anima farming and in that case - yeah, they will hit the cap and will start wasting souls every week unless they start grinding anima. But do those kind of people even care?

If you invest the minimum effort per week you will end up with 1500-2000 anima weekly. Or 1000 as the bare minimum. Even that should be enough I think

Also, I love how all the replies are completely off topic so far
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-01-31 at 07:46 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention that it will take up a full 2 bars of Jailer threat - Combined with the various weeklys and dailies, and it quickly becomes inconvenient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Too many souls, too many grateful offerings, not enough anima....you'd think a basic excel sheet could have fixed this?
    Obviously, they balanced against the hardcore and very vocal minority
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I've managed to have a semi-decent anima income on my main, but on my alts I've been spending a lot of it on upgrading the gear from covenant campaign to ilvl 197. At best, one of my alts has a Command Table at rank 1 and the Transport Network at rank 2, while my other alt has Command Table rank 1 and Transport Network rank 1.

Initially I went all out on my main because I was doing just about everything rewarding anima for a while, but I still regret "wasting" 3.5k on a tombstone cloak and 5k on the Harika mount (that dropped for me anyways a couple of days later). I'm just glad obtaining the cosmetics from the rank 3 Transport Network doesn't cost any anima for Venthyr, although it's entirely down to RNG.

I do expect a buff to anima gains in 9.1 though. It'll have to be fairly substantial if I'm to ever realistically upgrade the sanctums on my alts, but I'm honestly not too fuzzed about potentially losing out on some redeemed souls. By the time we're receiving 20 a week, those will be the least of my concerns and they frankly already are on my alts.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

I'm still waiting for souls on my main.

My alts, on the other hand, have about 35-50 unused souls because of the anima shortage

While i agree anima-gain is really low (Sure, it fits the lore, but with sanctum upgrad costs, it’s not much fun), but what’s the big deal if we lose some souls to the soul cap?

The main bottleneck for sanctum stuff is anima, anybody who does the weekly soul-quest for renown (Which is pretty much everybody) will have more than enough souls anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Obviously, they balanced against the hardcore and very vocal minority
    Yeah, we must be moving through different crowds, since all I see everywhere is literally everyone complaining about not enough anima, finding even one comment (besides mine) that doesn't see a problem in it is like finding a needle in a haystack, so not sure where you're getting your "vocal" minority from.

If you don't wanna be wasting souls, use your anima for upgrades, at least for now. You have plenty of time to get cosmetics/whatever later. If you don't wanna waste too much time on farming anima, do at least the 250/140 wqs, and send mission table adventures for anima from your phone whenever you can, small gain, but a gain if you ignore other missions. Even with like 30 minutes a day you can still get about 500-700 anima easily, if you're smart about it. And if you have more time, and like pvp, you can add 2v2+3v3 win of the day for additional 350.

It's really not as bad as people claim, even with pretty limited time. But gotta spend that time efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Yeah it might become a problem at some point, but so far it hasn't. The higher upgrades use a lot of souls, so it might not end up being a problem at all tbh.

Of course there is a theoretical scenario where someone just does the renown quests weekly and doesn't bother with anima farming and in that case - yeah, they will hit the cap and will start wasting souls every week unless they start grinding anima. But do those kind of people even care?

If you invest the minimum effort per week you will end up with 1500-2000 anima weekly. Or 1000 as the bare minimum. Even that should be enough I think

Also, I love how all the replies are completely off topic so far
    You are wrong. It is not a waste of you're not spending it. You can sit there for months with the cap and it isn't.a waste. It means you don't need to do the weekly. If you start spending them then you just do the quest again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Yeah, we must be moving through different crowds, since all I see everywhere is literally everyone complaining about not enough anima, finding even one comment (besides mine) that doesn't see a problem in it is like finding a needle in a haystack, so not sure where you're getting your "vocal" minority from.
    To balance something against something is the opposite of what you assumed. The vocal minority is fine. They have enough anima because they are hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You are wrong. It is not a waste of you're not spending it. You can sit there for months with the cap and it isn't.a waste. It means you don't need to do the weekly. If you start spending them then you just do the quest again.
    It is a waste. A weekly gives Renown. So every time you get Renown from that quest you lose souls if you are at the cap.
    Not to mention that it is always a waste when you get something and then it gets taken away. Like a tax.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh, other way around for me. I'm waiting for souls each week while sitting at nearly 30k anima now. We've been able to have gotten pretty close to a total of 100k anima so far, I don't understand what you're all spending it on.
    Hi

I imagine at a certain point we'll see a way to convert extra/unused souls into anima through a vendor option on your Renown vendor or potentially just automatically converting souls past the cap into bonus anima instead.

Would be the easy fix to this at least; too many souls and not enough anima? Boom, just keep doing your souls every week and eventually your alts will have the anima needed to unlock their buildings and upgrade covenant armor after a few weeks anyways. Main wants to grind out cosmetics after having everything unlocked already? Boom, keep doing weekly quest for souls and you're grinding out free anima left and right for that mount or cloak cosmetic that you wanted without having to go super out of your way to grind the anima for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Huh, other way around for me. I'm waiting for souls each week while sitting at nearly 30k anima now. We've been able to have gotten pretty close to a total of 100k anima so far, I don't understand what you're all spending it on.
    For players who aren't grinding every bit of anima possible or are spending a lot of it on cosmetics or covenant armor upgrades (I've spent a few thousand upgrading covenant armor on an alt for example) it's easy to run out. The more casual player who isn't raiding or doing M+ every night of the week but does so casually like me can run up their 1k anima weekly and then sort of ignore world quests for the week while focusing their limited time on a single raid night or a night or two of doing some M+ and not have time to grind every bit of anima on the map every day. For that type of player, you'll cap on souls far before you cap on anima.
    Last edited by Cronovey; 2021-01-31 at 08:39 PM.

It's time to buff anima gains by a significant amount (this should already be partially the case through renown upgrades, but it's not enough).

I am nowhere close to getting all my sanctum upgrades done and I haven't even thought about all the stuff you can buy with anima powers yet.
    It feels like the average player is getting up to 1.5-2k anima powers per week, but at this point they should just double it to 3k-4k on what we should be getting with normal playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    I imagine at a certain point we'll see a way to convert extra/unused souls into anima through a vendor option on your Renown vendor or potentially just automatically converting souls past the cap into bonus anima instead.

Would be the easy fix to this at least; too many souls and not enough anima? Boom, just keep doing your souls every week and eventually your alts will have the anima needed to unlock their buildings and upgrade covenant armor after a few weeks anyways. Main wants to grind out cosmetics after having everything unlocked already? Boom, keep doing weekly quest for souls and you're grinding out free anima left and right for that mount or cloak cosmetic that you wanted without having to go super out of your way to grind the anima for it.

For players who aren't grinding every bit of anima possible or are spending a lot of it on cosmetics or covenant armor upgrades (I've spent a few thousand upgrading covenant armor on an alt for example) it's easy to run out. The more casual player who isn't raiding or doing M+ every night of the week but does so casually like me can run up their 1k anima weekly and then sort of ignore world quests for the week while focusing their limited time on a single raid night or a night or two of doing some M+ and not have time to grind every bit of anima on the map every day. For that type of player, you'll cap on souls far before you cap on anima.
    Fair enough.

If people are capping souls and are anima starved, they could always add a vendor to spend souls for anima. Would sort of make sense, lore-wise, if that even matters for them. 10 souls for a thousand or two anima, for instance.

And make emissaries give 1k anima each or so, since I've heard people don't actually bother doing them.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    So yeah... we can only hold 100 redeemed souls at a time, and in a couple weeks the income is going to be 20 per week. I don't know about y'all, but I can't see getting the anima income to keep up with keeping that cap at bay. My various characters range between 60-80ish souls sitting in the pile, and I've been spending my anima on things other than sanctum upgrades beyond 1-2, that don't feel satisfying when the anima income is what it is right now. I'm sorry but when the income is 2-3 digits, I don't spend 5 digits at once, I'll wait for an income buff.

Something's gotta give here, right? Like literally most players will just be throwing 20 souls a week away while still, in theory, having things to spend them on for another... what... 5-6 weeks yet? The cap of "all the souls you could need" is in the neighborhood of 240something, and we'll hit that in a couple months at 20/week... while sitting at the 100 cap for most if not all of that time.

Are we meant to just sit at the 100 cap and do the 20 rescued souls for renown and just... let them bang against the cap and waste away? There is literally no better time efficient renown source that beats an efficiently done weekly maw run for 15-20 souls, so just letting it lapse and doing a calling the following week isn't really ideal. We'll do the quest for renown, and it will literally reward no souls most weeks. That's dumb.

Something's gotta give here, right? I mean they hotfixed in the torghast layer sharing, this has to be a forthcoming hotfix... right? The anima income doesn't exist to spend 20 souls a week!
    I was going to break the quotes down but most of it is similar in response so going to keep it as one.

Anima Income right now is decent in that you are suppose to work on it over the course of the expansion. You aren't mean to have max tier on all Command Table / Conductor / Mini Game and Teleporter. Just like we aren't meant to have all the items from the vendor right now. So in terms of that it is in a decent spot for it's expansion goal. Getting anima isn't too bad as you can get about 1,000 anima a day just doing World Quests alone. This doesn't include any treasures, rares, daily quests, dungeons, raids, or PvP. If you were to do World Quests only it would only take you at max 91 days (3 months) to get everything from the reservoir alone. Though if you do it every day you it'll be a few days less because Tuesday resets add a bunch more plus your 250's that pop up.

With that said, as a personal opinion it does feel like the anima income sucks and should be increased because I want things faster. Though personal opinion aside the reasoning why they are like this is listed above.

As for your redeemed souls. You are suppose to get to a point to where you don't feel compelled to do them each week, which is a good thing. If you are close to cap and can't spend the excess you have a choice either A) do the quest and "lose" some or B) don't do the quest. Which leads to the next thing, the renown attached to it. People are going to feel compelled to do the quest no matter what because of the Renown attached to it, which is fine. Though do remember you don't have to do the quest for renown. You can be behind on 1 Renown for the week and be fine since you can catch up on it later next week and get 3 for the week instead of 2 providing you choose to wait a week to do the souls quest. The only time I would say you need to cap renown or get the next point is if the next renown reward is something you can use / obtainable now, an example of this is WQ upgrade, a soulbind unlock, stamina boost or something similar.

Now to step back again and look at it on a personal level instead of the developer reason, yeah it does suck you can cap out on souls. Though we only need 250 souls to begin with for everything so capping out will happen pretty quickly (140 if you ignore last two tiers of the mini-game). What I would like to see is being able to exchange 1 soul for say 5 anima (possibly 10) to keep in line with other rewards. This means if you cap out on souls you can get 500-1,000 anima. Nothing game breaking that forces you to convert them and keeps in line with other sources.

Overall, from Blizzard's standpoint everything is working as intended and designed the way they want to for how long it longs. From a player's perspective it can be frustrating.

Also, out of curiosity if you are close to 100 souls why not start spending them? That would alleviate a lot of the issues. I'm at 48 Souls alone and that's because I'm too lazy to farm Anima. Currently I have Tier 2 of Portals and Conductor unlocked. Tier 1 of Command Table and research Tier 2 of Kyrian's mini-game.

Fair enough.

If people are capping souls and are anima starved, they could always add a vendor to spend souls for anima. Would sort of make sense, lore-wise, if that even matters for them. 10 souls for a thousand or two anima, for instance.

And make emissaries give 1k anima each or so, since I've heard people don't actually bother doing them.
    The thing is though if you are anima starved it's more of a personal choice. There is consistently 1,000 anima (give or take a 100) up each day in World Quests alone not to mention all the other activities. If someone is anima starved and capped on souls then they are either A) spending all their anima on Renown rewards or B) just not doing any activity that gives anima.

Though if they are capping on souls that means they are likely doing the 1,000 anima quest weekly and we are on Week 10 of rewards so people should have at least 10,000 anima that they've gained which is enough to research everything to Tier 1 and one two Tier 2 which is at least 28 souls spent, theoretically 36 as someone would've been able to hit Tier 2 on another item. The current cap on Redeemed Souls currently is 70 (maybe 75 can't remember if we got 5 or 10 first week). If people are researching things then someone would be at around 42 which still isn't close to cap. We won't be hitting 20 souls weekly anyway until the 3rd reset as the next two weeks we will still be getting 15 souls a week.

You'll get souls back faster than the Anima you need for the upgrades that cost a lot of Souls, so it's not really an issue.
    Also considering the upgrades are cosmetic, or really minor like conductor rank 3 improving outdoor performance in your home zone, you do NOT need to hard-farm Anima either. They just front-loaded all the rewards in the 9.0 release.
    Take it easy and you'll be able to get most of the rewards by the end of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I think you completely missed my point and focused on a very minor thing. But yes, if you're capped and you're getting souls that just dissipate into thin air - you are wasting the

You must have gone a very weird upgrade route with your sanctum if you have 30k anima and it's the souls that are blocking you right now. I'm at tier 3 portals, tier 3 mission table, and tier 1 ember court + conductor (venthyr). I also bought a 5000 anima mount. Right now I'm at 1500 again and gathering now for the conductor.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I was going to break the quotes down but most of it is similar in response so going to keep it as one.

Anima Income right now is decent in that you are suppose to work on it over the course of the expansion. You aren't mean to have max tier on all Command Table / Conductor / Mini Game and Teleporter. Just like we aren't meant to have all the items from the vendor right now. So in terms of that it is in a decent spot for it's expansion goal. Getting anima isn't too bad as you can get about 1,000 anima a day just doing World Quests alone. This doesn't include any treasures, rares, daily quests, dungeons, raids, or PvP. If you were to do World Quests only it would only take you at max 91 days (3 months) to get everything from the reservoir alone. Though if you do it every day you it'll be a few days less because Tuesday resets add a bunch more plus your 250's that pop up.

With that said, as a personal opinion it does feel like the anima income sucks and should be increased because I want things faster. Though personal opinion aside the reasoning why they are like this is listed above.

As for your redeemed souls. You are suppose to get to a point to where you don't feel compelled to do them each week, which is a good thing. If you are close to cap and can't spend the excess you have a choice either A) do the quest and "lose" some or B) don't do the quest. Which leads to the next thing, the renown attached to it. People are going to feel compelled to do the quest no matter what because of the Renown attached to it, which is fine. Though do remember you don't have to do the quest for renown. You can be behind on 1 Renown for the week and be fine since you can catch up on it later next week and get 3 for the week instead of 2 providing you choose to wait a week to do the souls quest. The only time I would say you need to cap renown or get the next point is if the next renown reward is something you can use / obtainable now, an example of this is WQ upgrade, a soulbind unlock, stamina boost or something similar.

Now to step back again and look at it on a personal level instead of the developer reason, yeah it does suck you can cap out on souls. Though we only need 250 souls to begin with for everything so capping out will happen pretty quickly (140 if you ignore last two tiers of the mini-game). What I would like to see is being able to exchange 1 soul for say 5 anima (possibly 10) to keep in line with other rewards. This means if you cap out on souls you can get 500-1,000 anima. Nothing game breaking that forces you to convert them and keeps in line with other sources.

Overall, from Blizzard's standpoint everything is working as intended and designed the way they want to for how long it longs. From a player's perspective it can be frustrating.

Also, out of curiosity if you are close to 100 souls why not start spending them? That would alleviate a lot of the issues. I'm at 48 Souls alone and that's because I'm too lazy to farm Anima. Currently I have Tier 2 of Portals and Conductor unlocked. Tier 1 of Command Table and research Tier 2 of Kyrian's mini-game.

The thing is though if you are anima starved it's more of a personal choice. There is consistently 1,000 anima (give or take a 100) up each day in World Quests alone not to mention all the other activities. If someone is anima starved and capped on souls then they are either A) spending all their anima on Renown rewards or B) just not doing any activity that gives anima.

Though if they are capping on souls that means they are likely doing the 1,000 anima quest weekly and we are on Week 10 of rewards so people should have at least 10,000 anima that they've gained which is enough to research everything to Tier 1 and one two Tier 2 which is at least 28 souls spent, theoretically 36 as someone would've been able to hit Tier 2 on another item. The current cap on Redeemed Souls currently is 70 (maybe 75 can't remember if we got 5 or 10 first week). If people are researching things then someone would be at around 42 which still isn't close to cap. We won't be hitting 20 souls weekly anyway until the 3rd reset as the next two weeks we will still be getting 15 souls a week.
    Yeah basically the anima vendor/upgrades/collectibles are supposed to last us the whole expansion, but the player mentality, and mine as well to an extent, is that we want to "finish a patch" and get everything available because in 9.1 there will probably be more, and even if not, we just want to be done.

I am getting about 5k anima per week just doing WQs, raid and some other minor things. I'll defo finish everything in a couple months anyway. I don't think anima increase is needed, but it might feel good.

In hindsight they should have probably just keep half of the shit that is on the anima vendor for 9.1 and onwards. It wouldn't feel so overwhelming
    Last edited by Azerate; 2021-01-31 at 09:08 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Fair enough.

I continued doing them until most of my conduits were up to at least 184 and don't really touch them unless they happen to be something I was already planning on doing anyways now (ie the ones to clear a dungeon/difficult enemies, or the kill 3 events in Maw type stuff) outside of the occasional boredom or want for some vendor trash because I paid too much in repairs after tanking a dungeon or used more consumables than I wanted to. Not that 2-3k gold is going to make or break me, but I don't like dipping under ~200k total so I'll do a few here and there just to top off my gold every now and then.

And yeah, somewhere in the range of 1 soul to 100 anima was what I was thinking too. It's something that would be alt friendly but not particularly game breaking in any way, as you couldn't just sit there converting all your souls into anima for free because then you'd have no souls for the upgrades either. The one thing I will say is that they should make it so the anima from "selling" your extra souls to a vendor should not count for the weekly anima quest, as then you'd just have people cap on souls on purpose and then do the soul weekly and sell off the extras for the anima weekly. While convenient, you should have to play your characters at least a little bit now.