Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    They're right, you are wrong. It was just a trip to the US, not moving there! Shortly after, the forum location changed to include Florida, maybe getting that bit mixed up?
    Well, does that mean he wanted to commit election fraud in the name of trump, instead of simply becoming an "American patriot?"

Shame on him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Violence View Post
    I refer you back to what I said earlier. Obviously you don't follow the advice, that is why I've to quote it again:

Also, frankly, you are absolutely rude and disrespectful by even insinuating that I hold such an opinion, when I never said anything of the sort.
    Once again, those quotes have been provided numerous times in the past. Changing your name doesn't change your posting history, no matter how many times you try and do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I refer you back to what I said earlier. Obviously you don't follow the advice, that is why I've to quote it again:
    I am listening to what you are saying... your problem is that I have a functioning memory. Like... click on your infractions, check the last post you got infracted for... oingo boingo...

Also, frankly, you are absolutely rude and disrespectful by even insinuating that I hold such an opinion, when I never said anything of the sort.
    That’s a badge of honor, when spoken by people like you. It’s like if Trump claimed I have no moral character... biggest compliment I can get from him. Imagine if Trump said he agrees with me and thinks of me as a kind person... horrifying what that must mean.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Due to history, I'm fearful that McConnell calling Traitor Barbie a cancer, is because he's trying to lure Dems into thinking the Repubs are turning the corner towards respectability just so they give on the stimulus bill.

There is literally no reason for him to have come out with this now unless it benefits him in some way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I specifically remember Biden tweeting
    A Trump supporter who:
    1) Complains about someone tweeting
    2) Complains about someone breaking promises
    3) Complains about not being paid

Yep, that's hypocrisy, right there.

Also, just going to handwave why those checks aren't going out? Because I think you should be mad at McConnell, who is the obstacle.

Maybe you should spend less time trying to put words in people's mouths and listen to them when they actually talk.
    I don't want a tax cut on the rich.
    I believe a federal wide minimum wage won't work. It should be state dependent, lest you create more economic fiascos especially in the states where this minimum wage is either insufficient or way above the relative living costs.
    I'm glad that private prisons got shut down as well as the pipeline. I'm also glad that the USA is at least back to virtue signaling about the environment.

Do you believe that the biggest issues facing society will be solved with above little list you posted though?
    No. Of course not. And that is what is wrong with Biden (so far).

Also where I live or don't live is not relevant to the thread, the moderators already warned people about staying on-topic, but apparently you don't understand what dual citizenship is or that some people might have parents who live in both countries...
    We already have both federal and state minimum wage laws. The federal minimum is hilariously low, or it would be hilarious if there weren't people trying to survive on ~$150/week before taxes. States may pass a higher minimum wage if they choose, and most have done so. How high is largely determined by state cost of living or median household income. Some cities have gone further and enacted their own minimum wage policies over and above the state ones, all of which is perfectly fine and legal.

The Fed minimum wage is meant to be the lowest common denominator. It is long past time for that bar to be raised across the board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The entire Republican party and every person who voted for them can shut the fuck up about "bipartisanship."

We've had TWELVE YEARS of Republicans doing everything they can to obstruct and deny and refuse to help the Democrats with anything. Twelve years of it.

And Joe Biden had better NOT fall into this same trap of "bipartisanship" again. We have the Presidency, the House, and the Senate. Let's fucking use that and get shit done. And if the bill doesn't need a 2/3rds majority, then fuck the Republicans. They can sit and watch and cry all they want with fake tears about "bipartisanship."

For fucks sake, do people really have memories that only go back a week? Twelve years of bullshit from the GOP and suddenly they want to have us believe they're for bipartisanship? Fuck off.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Nah he'll sign on to it. Manchin isn't stupid.
    *ahem*

Joe Manchin Deals Blow to Democrats' Stimulus Plan, Won't Support It Without Bipartisan Agreement

Now, I'm not one for "I told you so"s, but...

Speaking with The Hill, Manchin also signaled his opposition to increasing the minimum wage to $15 per hour, which is part of Biden's plan.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN2A22ND

U.S. Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer said President Joe Biden told Democrats the proposal ten Senate Republicans have made for $600 billion in COVID-19 relief is “way too small.”

Schumer spoke to reporters after an online meeting of Senate Democrats with the president about Biden’s $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief proposal.
    GOD DAMNIT AUSTERITY NEOLIBERAL BIDEN. WHY DO YOU KEEP REJECTING REPUBLICAN PROPOSALS THAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO ACCEPT?!

One day Biden will earn his well earned title of the Neoliberal Austerity King of the Democratic Party. One day.

Manchin backs budget reconciliation for relief bill but with a warning

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), a pivotal centrist swing vote, announced Tuesday he will vote to advance a Democratic budget resolution, while warning that he wants leadership to work with Republicans on a bipartisan COVID-19 relief package.

"I will vote to move forward with the budget process because we must address the urgency of the COVID-19 crisis. But let me be clear - these are words I shared with President Biden - our focus must be on the COVID-19 crisis and Americans who have been most impacted by this pandemic," Manchin said in a statement released Tuesday afternoon.

Manchin's remarks signal that even though he will support fellow Democrats on a key procedural vote to set up passing a COVID-19 relief package, he could still block any package that leadership tries to pass solely with Democratic votes under the budget reconciliation process.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Well, you can't say I told you so cause he still hasn't voted no on it yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Manchin backs budget reconciliation for relief bill but with a warning

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), a pivotal centrist swing vote, announced Tuesday he will vote to advance a Democratic budget resolution, while warning that he wants leadership to work with Republicans on a bipartisan COVID-19 relief package.

"I will vote to move forward with the budget process because we must address the urgency of the COVID-19 crisis. But let me be clear - these are words I shared with President Biden - our focus must be on the COVID-19 crisis and Americans who have been most impacted by this pandemic," Manchin said in a statement released Tuesday afternoon.

Manchin's remarks signal that even though he will support fellow Democrats on a key procedural vote to set up passing a COVID-19 relief package, he could still block any package that leadership tries to pass solely with Democratic votes under the budget reconciliation process.
    Good. Sinema is on too, so they need to get this done before impeachment starts next week.

Well, you can't say I told you so cause he still hasn't voted no on it yet.
    I was referring to his opposition to raising the minimum wage to 15$.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I was referring to his opposition to raising the minimum wage to 15$.
    which he still hasn't voted no on.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'm betting you also blame Obama for not closing Guantanamo Bay.

It's always convenient when you can ignore who's actually done a thing and put the blame wherever you find most useful. Doesn't make you anything but a deliberate liar, though.
    You dont care politicans stick to their promises? So yeah i blame obama for not closing Guantanamo bay. If he for some reason could not do so he should make it publicly known why he could not. Anyway Biden is looking great at the moment.

No decent covid plan but who cares if a few more 100k americans will die right?
    No 2k stimulus check
    no defund the police
    no 15 dollars minimal wage
    and a cabinet full of corporate shills who are on the pay of wallstreet.

first 2 weeks was fun and i cannot wait untill this shitshow will unfold even further.

- - - Updated - - -

which he still hasn't voted no on.
    and he will likely not vote yes on either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    What are you talking about? We went from a near year without a plan, to actually having a plan in place.

No 2k stimulus check
    Yeah, all we get is 1600... would have been an addition to 1200 we got in the fall, but we had your party in charge.

no defund the police
    Trump lied to you that this was Biden’s plan...

Literally being passed by democrats... maybe time to vote out more republicans?

Are you sure about that?

first 2 weeks was fun and i cannot wait untill this shitshow will unfold even further.
    You really missed out on the last 4 years...

Just like every Republican and unlike remaining democrats? Do you get paid to do this?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

You dont care politicans stick to their promises? So yeah i blame obama for not closing Guantanamo bay. If he for some reason could not do so he should make it publicly known why he could not. Anyway Biden is looking great at the moment.

No 2k stimulus check
    no defund the police

- - - Updated - - -

@Benggaul I said 100% unless someone died, now I believe that all the more when trumpsters like this guy are saying shit like this.

@Benggaul I said 100% unless someone died, now I believe that all the more when trumpsters like this guy are saying shit like this.
    Meh, I just report the obvious trolls and move on with my life. At this point they're just sad and pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    The funny bit, is that they are not asking for any of Trump policy. They are not complaining that Biden stopped energy companies from raping the land. They are not complaining that Biden isn’t giving the rich another stimulus. Not complaining that Biden will not build the wall. Not complaining that Biden is taking COVID seriously. Not complaining that Biden isn’t continuing private prisons. Not complaining that Biden is not campaigning or giving business speeches to foreign government. They are complaining about things their god king demonized for the last 4 years...

10+ Year Old Account
    You dont care politicans stick to their promises? So yeah i blame obama for not closing Guantanamo bay. If he for some reason could not do so he should make it publicly known why he could not.
    It was one of his first efforts as President.

Congress would not support it, and it needed to pass through Congress.

Literally anyone who paid any attention knew this when it happened. How do you not know this?

The answer, of course, is that you probably do, but as with the rest of your post, blatantly lying about the facts is your chosen tactic when reality won't support your views.

So yeah i blame obama for not closing Guantanamo bay.
    Excuse me, it's Guacamole Bay, where Chief Justice Roberts is currently being held in detention. Thank you very much.

At least that's what the Q folks tell me.